How to steal a car and not get a wanted level or bounty

11 replies to this topic
theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Even if you steal parked cars, sometimes the "owner" will put a bounty on you. To get around this little problem so that you're not the target of everyone in free roam, here's how to steal a car and not get a bounty:

Go to an intersection with a stoplight (or any road for that matter), and start aiming your gun at a driver in a vehicle. If the driver sees you, they will freak out and do one of two things;

1. Speed off (be sure you're not standing in front of their car)

2. Back up and then get out of their car and run screaming down the street.

When number two (haha) happens, and if it's a car you want, just get in and be on your merry way. No wanted level, no bounty. If it's not a car you want, just repeat until someone bails from a car you really want. Happy hunting!

• RubbaJonny92 likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Just go into passive mode and then steal the car, you won't get a bounty.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

sometimes you do. seems like the chances are much less in passive mode though

• Arya35 likes this

theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Interesting. Did not know that! Thanks!

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Great now it will be fixed

• jtet37 likes this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

another player actually put a bounty on me the other day while i was in passive mode...anyone know how that works?

bbanko
  • bbanko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

another player actually put a bounty on me the other day while i was in passive mode...anyone know how that works?

Yeah its possible. But as long as you stay in passive mode youll be fine. It wont activate until you disable passive mode.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Unless something has changed, I think I may have gotten bounties even if the driver runs off. Also, thread moved.

You can get a bounty while in passive mode, it works just like putting a bounty on anyone else.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Unless something has changed, I think I may have gotten bounties even if the driver runs off. Also, thread moved.

You can get a bounty while in passive mode, it works just like putting a bounty on anyone else.

Yeah sometimes if someone has ticked me off by killing me while i was minding my own business then jumped into passive so i couldn't kill em i then put a bounty on them so i can kill em...

I don't mind shelling out a $1,000 to give some payback.

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Uh so I just did this with the first Baller I saw. Got a threatening text, but no bounty. Weird.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Nothing can be done to avoid bounties...  Its just random.

Hell.. i've had friends steal cars, drive them for a while.. Then i start driving and BAM i get a bounty.

. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual NPC that was driving the car.  Everytime you get into any NPC type car theres a chance to get a bounty.

bearer22
  • bearer22

Richard Tallgrass

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Even if you steal parked cars, sometimes the "owner" will put a bounty on you. To get around this little problem so that you're not the target of everyone in free roam, here's how to steal a car and not get a bounty:

Go to an intersection with a stoplight (or any road for that matter), and start aiming your gun at a driver in a vehicle. If the driver sees you, they will freak out and do one of two things;

1. Speed off (be sure you're not standing in front of their car)

2. Back up and then get out of their car and run screaming down the street.

When number two (haha) happens, and if it's a car you want, just get in and be on your merry way. No wanted level, no bounty. If it's not a car you want, just repeat until someone bails from a car you really want. Happy hunting!

This doesn't work 100% of the time..The chances of getting a bounty seem to be reduced significantly if done in this method, but it's not guaranteed safe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users