Official Forum Stoners v7

2,177 replies to this topic
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'll make sure I give that a listen next time I light up.

Myself, I'd probably recommend the album Laughing Stock by Talk Talk.  Amazing experience. Also this song:

• Mister Pink likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:17 PM Edited by Jolly Swagman, 23 May 2017 - 12:18 PM.

I had a listen to this when I was cooked last week and enjoyed it
  • AlienTwo likes this

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

This is how I feel about money an herb
  • Triple Vacuum Seal likes this

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Love me some Devils Lettuce but sure glad I waited until I graduated high school to start.  My mom taught me how to roll.

Travedge
  • Travedge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:59 AM

Gawd damn it. Bump.

I learned to exercise caution around rso oil. I was almost drunk off weed yesterday. Lot of memory gaps. Still made it through 6 hours of watering.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:24 AM Edited by DOOM!, 07 June 2017 - 06:24 AM.

I want to try edibles so god damn bad. I have people around me who don't even f*ck with the ganja and tell me about how they ate a chocolate bar, or gummie bears, or f*cking muffins. and it was a great expierence for them, one even eats gummie bears at night to help him sleep. Then I have my folks that do smoke that tell me it's awesome. Is it a different high from smoking?
  • Milfrah and Travedge like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

I haven't had the experience that I've been chasing with edibles but the feeling apparently is more a of a body high than a brain stoned feeling. Stuck on your couch was the way it was explained to me.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that not everyone can effectively absorb the THCA through their stomach lining. I've read that Soy lecithin aids in absorbing it, but am yet to try it. Also, cooking over 350 f with destroy the THC. Cook under 320 or even lower will ensure your butter works correctly.

The only thing with edibles is that is it hard to gauge a "hit" as it takes a while to come on, so most over compensate by eating more.

Made some butter with Shatter the other night but heated the butter up too much and its separated a little. going to attempt to use it in some cookies this weekend and see if its still ok enough to use in baking.

@Travedge - The first patch of Iso oil I made was very similar - I didn't boil it off enough.

• Milfrah and Travedge like this

Travedge
  • Travedge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

I want to try edibles so god damn bad. I have people around me who don't even f*ck with the ganja and tell me about how they ate a chocolate bar, or gummie bears, or f*cking muffins. and it was a great expierence for them, one even eats gummie bears at night to help him sleep. Then I have my folks that do smoke that tell me it's awesome. Is it a different high from smoking?

Yeah it can be heavily psychedelic, painkilling/opiating an drowsing expierence. Way more intense then smoking an lasts 8x as long. f*cking awesome magic plant.
  • Milfrah likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

every time i have had edibles, its like my first time getting high again. i did have a bad experience once with edibles though, i ate way too many in a short amount of time, then went to sleep and woke up freaking out lol i remember i was about to call my dad and tell him i will be the first dumbass to od on weed. 

• Milfrah likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

I haven't had the experience that I've been chasing with edibles but the feeling apparently is more a of a body high than a brain stoned feeling. Stuck on your couch was the way it was explained to me.
I've done a bit of research and it seems that not everyone can effectively absorb the THCA through their stomach lining. I've read that Soy lecithin aids in absorbing it, but am yet to try it. Also, cooking over 350 f with destroy the THC. Cook under 320 or even lower will ensure your butter works correctly.
The only thing with edibles is that is it hard to gauge a "hit" as it takes a while to come on, so most over compensate by eating more.
Made some butter with Shatter the other night but heated the butter up too much and its separated a little. going to attempt to use it in some cookies this weekend and see if its still ok enough to use in baking.
@Travedge - The first patch of Iso oil I made was very similar - I didn't boil it off enough.

yea I never got that high with edibles so I just avoid them :(

Travedge
  • Travedge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Yeah I take like 8 sticks of butter an two big handfuls of trim.

First, get the butter melted an bubbling at whatever temp

Second, reduce heat to low, add trim or whatever weed material

Third, slow cook covered. Stirring frequently. About 1-4 hours depending on preference.

Important thing is low temp.

Enjoi
  • AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Third, slow cook covered. Stirring frequently. About 1-4 hours depending on preference.

Enjoi

I'd like to add that using a cheesecloth would greatly improve this, make sure you don't get little bits of gross weed between your teeth.  

• Travedge likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:02 PM Edited by deadx23, 07 June 2017 - 10:02 PM.

Is that all it takes lol I thought you had to extract the oil or whatever​ and add it to butter some how.its just easier to burn it(the weed):p

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Is that all it takes lol I thought you had to extract the oil or whatever​ and add it to butter some how.its just easier to burn it(the weed) :p

That "slow cook" bit is super important.  The cooking and adding heat both extracts and activates the THC, if you just throw weed into some brownies it'll taste like sh*t and won't get you high.

This was how I first tried it.... learn from my mistakes.

• El Diablo, feckyerlife, deadx23 and 2 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

yeah if you don't activate your THC, your homemade edibles are just going to taste like bong water...

• AlienTwo, deadx23, Milfrah and 1 other like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

yeah if you don't activate your THC, your homemade edibles are just going to taste like bong water...

Always decarb
  • AlienTwo and Travedge like this

Travedge
  • Travedge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:16 AM Edited by Travedge, 08 June 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Enjoi

I'd like to add that using a cheesecloth would greatly improve this, make sure you don't get little bits of gross weed between your teeth.  
Oh crap! Yeah I forgot step 4, dur, thanks dude 😎

Fourth. Strain hot bubbling pile of weed an butter threw a pillowcase or cheese cloth into a container then pour that into a mason jar or old pasta sauce container(preferably glass imo). Let cool for a little then throw in fridge. Scrape excess butter from cooking tools onto popcorn, watch Akira. Yeehaw!

Yeah my time honored an true method decarbs an cooks all in one 😎
  • AlienTwo likes this

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:47 PM Edited by Milfrah, 09 July 2017 - 05:01 PM.

Hi everyone!

Going to start visiting this topic regularly now! Just got approved for a medical marijuana license. Like I've said before, trying the stuff has been on my bucket list but I have also been suffering from chronic headaches and migraines. As it turns out, migraines are considered "chronic and severe pain" here in Michigan and that gets you qualified. I've been under a lot of stress lately and so the migraines have gotten worse. Of course my neurologist wants to increase the dosage of some of my meds but I already suffer side effects from those. Can no longer take things like Motrin and other NSAIDs because of stomach issues.

I've been doing a little research. Based on my symptoms (headaches, anxiety, loss of appetite) I think I'm going to try the "Blue Dream" stuff first. Never realized there were so many different strains until I started reading this topic and also browsing the menus of local dispensaries. Has anyone here ever tried Blue Dream? Looks like I'm going to have to try Girl Scout Cookies since a lot of you seem to like that here. Must be good!

I'm nervous though. I've never smoked pot in my life. Going to try smoking it first but eventually I do want to try vaping and edibles. I bought a cute little pink glass pipe while I'm waiting for my license to come:

7WSWNzp.jpg

• El Diablo, Mister Pink and AlienTwo like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hi everyone!

Going to start visiting this topic regularly now! Just got approved for a medical marijuana license. Like I've said before, trying the stuff has been on my bucket list but I have also been suffering from chronic headaches and migraines. As it turns out, migraines are considered "chronic and severe pain" here in Michigan and that gets you qualified. I've been under a lot of stress lately and so the migraines have gotten worse. Of course my neurologist wants to increase the dosage of some of my meds but I already suffer side effects from those. Can no longer take things like Motrin and other NSAIDs because of stomach issues.

welcome to the club.

my medical card is up for renewal in about 3 weeks.

after I had an emergency appendectomy in 2008, I developed some stomach pain issues, without going into further detail... I enjoyed smoking pot more than drinking to begin with but it wasn't until all this crap occurred that I realized firsthand the medicinal benefits of cannabis. I've never been a fan of popping pills either, regardless of what kind of headache or pains I've ever had. so it's a welcome relief that I don't have to be taking over the counter acid reflux medication (or something even stronger from a doctor). I just toke up and the most severe symptoms are alleviated within minutes.

great time to be alive.

• AlienTwo and Milfrah like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

Good luck Milfrah, it can be a literal life saver. My wife was anti pot but on so many meds she was basically bedridden, finally convince her to try weed and shes never looked back. Changed her life.

I've been considering getting my med card again, they raised the taxes last weekend in CO, it's to pay for homeless programs, not a biggie but its making more and more sense to go the cheaper route.
  • Milfrah likes this

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

welcome to the club.

my medical card is up for renewal in about 3 weeks.

after I had an emergency appendectomy in 2008, I developed some stomach pain issues, without going into further detail... I enjoyed smoking pot more than drinking to begin with but it wasn't until all this crap occurred that I realized firsthand the medicinal benefits of cannabis. I've never been a fan of popping pills either, regardless of what kind of headache or pains I've ever had. so it's a welcome relief that I don't have to be taking over the counter acid reflux medication (or something even stronger from a doctor). I just toke up and the most severe symptoms are alleviated within minutes.

great time to be alive.

I think I get where you're coming from. I've been dealing with weird medical issues and various painful conditions for years and I'm just done. The doctor looked over my info and said I have a few qualifying conditions but just went with migraines because it was the simplest qualifying condition. I'm really hoping this helps for me because I'm sick of breaking down and having to pop pills because of the pain and severe stomach discomfort.

Good luck Milfrah, it can be a literal life saver. My wife was anti pot but on so many meds she was basically bedridden, finally convince her to try weed and shes never looked back. Changed her life.

I've been considering getting my med card again, they raised the taxes last weekend in CO, it's to pay for homeless programs, not a biggie but its making more and more sense to go the cheaper route.

Your wife sounds similar to me! After reading all the things that pot can help with, I feel like I've got to at least give it a few tries. I'm on 2 different meds for my headaches--not including the ones I can take "as needed" for when they get really bad. I'm considering letting my doctor up my dose of one of them just so I can get off the other but I'm hoping with weed, maybe I won't have to have a high dose of the pill.

I've suffered from various health problems, especially over the last 10 years or so. My tendency to be high-strung and anxious only makes all my physical problems worse. I'm really hoping pot will help ease the anxiety that feeds all my physical dysfunction.

• El Diablo and AlienTwo like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:49 PM Edited by fashion, 09 July 2017 - 07:51 PM.

Ever since I quit smoking regurally, I've been feeling more stressed throughout my days, even more aggressive in situations I wouldn't even give a crap about. Mind that I didn't quit entirely, like I never touch cannabis again. I still enjoy to roll it up once every 1-2 months. I've been pretty much an every day user for a couple of years, but to keep my story short, I'm considering smoking more often again. I just can't let it slide to the point where I've been a few years back. Smoke strictly on evenings and not more than two times a week is going to be my new rule.

These deadlines never used to work out in the past but there can't go anything wrong now: sh*t has changed, I don't do hard drugs and I love coffee and keeping a cool head. I'm really starting to miss weed, it's pretty much rotting in my closet right now waiting to be smoked. I've been chewing on these 5gs for like half a year now. Guess I'll just buy something fresh in the next few days and start rolling it up more often. Need to make sure it won't be part of the daily routine.

I almost forgot how good it is to just turn up some music and go for a smoke in the evening. Once in two months ain't enough.
  • AlienTwo likes this

Travedge
  • Travedge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Im baked.
  • El Diablo likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:29 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 13 July 2017 - 12:32 AM.

I'll make sure I give that a listen next time I light up.

Myself, I'd probably recommend the album Laughing Stock by Talk Talk.  Amazing experience. Also this song:

Dayvan Cowboy  - Boards of Canada

Yes or any Boards of Canada! :p

But if you're taking about a good stoner lulz... this video, lol. 

or this... 

Did I mention I love BoC? 

• The Odyssey and Travedge like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

If we're still on the topic of BoC, I remember this one time recently I was reaaallly stoned and my friend was driving me home on a long, straight, dark road while "Reach For The Dead" was playing, and it was hauntingly blissful. 

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Ain't nothing better than having a smoke and watching some best scenes of dragon ball z in bed. Got myself some white chocolate from a coffee shop, 12euro for a gram. It's good dope. Was thinking about getting a haze but nah, always makes me think and sh*t. White chocolate is melting me down, just how I enjoy it.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

I know you're talking about weed, but it still got me thinking... and angry; "White Chocolate" is not Chocolate.  

• fashion likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

The name got me interested and the price is quite expensive as the prices in my town start at 6,50 (Crystal, WW). First time I've seen it too as I've been out of town and visited this shop for the first time. It's some high quality sh*t, although a bit overpriced. Prices in this shop started at 8. Easy to break, tastes intensive and kicks like a horse.
  • AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

8 per gram?  That's pretty decent, I know there is an exchange rate in effect here, but my local shop is $15/gram.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:08 PM Edited by fashion, 20 July 2017 - 07:11 PM.

The cheapest stuff they sell is a 5 euro mix, but it's pretty much sh*t. It's what remains when they're cutting and preparing the weed or something like that. Every shop I've been to so far sold it. Smoked it once myself but it's better to throw a few extra coins and smoke something normal.

Somehow, the 3euro rolled up joints they sell get me more high than the mix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users