Photo

Played IV today and was suprised....

50 replies to this topic
kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

I don't konw if most of the people who have a dislike for IV are ps3 and or xbox players, but if they played it on the PC ast least for me it's a different game,about 2years ago I bought a 360 to play RDR and a few other non PC titles so for sh*t's and giggles I bought IV from the marketplace. And after playing it on the 360 I can honestly say it is bad it's like night and day mainly because of the great work of modders when you add the mod to increase ped's and traffic and ENB it truley is a different game. And as far as the story line of IV to me it felt more complete not rushed like in V .

• AAR, Deadly Target, Vercetti42 and 1 other like this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

I like going back and playing IV it brings back good memories

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by AceKingston, 19 April 2014 - 03:56 AM.

I don't konw if most of the people who have a dislike for IV are ps3 and or xbox players, but if they played it on the PC ast least for me it's a different game,about 2years ago I bought a 360 to play RDR and a few other non PC titles so for sh*t's and giggles I bought IV from the marketplace. And after playing it on the 360 I can honestly say it is bad it's like night and day mainly because of the great work of modders when you add the mod to increase ped's and traffic and ENB it truley is a different game. And as far as the story line of IV to me it felt more complete not rushed like in V .

Exactly. I always felt the love for IV came mostly from the PC players or maybe we were just too busy trying to play the game because of the crappy port and by the time the patch released we all completely forgot about a SA 2.0 :p

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Exactly. I always felt the love for IV came mostly from the PC players or maybe we were just too busy trying to play the game because of the crappy port and by the time the patch released we all completely forgot about a SA 2.0 :p

That's it, for me PC Gamers keep a game going longer by the use of mods vs any console game ,I have been playing NASCAR 2003 racing season which I bought when it was released and the community is STILL growing thanks to all the great car makers and track makers.And that is something that I at least have never seen with ANY console game.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

I've actually been getting nostalgic for IV lately.  I gave it so much criticism and I still stand by it. But overall, I still enjoyed the game and that's the main thing. I actually put a lot of time in to the game. I'll go for another play through after I finish V again. :)

I think you should attempt a realistic playthrough. You know like:

- Obeying traffic laws.

- Not stealing vehicles. Using the train or the taxi or walk to get around.

- Complete only 1 mission per day. No missions on weekends. (Since weekends are rest days)

- Eat and sleep regularly.

- No health pick-ups. Call the ambulance and they'll fix you up for a price.

- Change clothes regularly.

- Turn off the HUD and Radar.

- Go out with friends regularly.

- After a major mission (say Three Leaf Clover) lie low for a while.

And more. However a realistic playthrough requires a lot of planning. Just a suggestion. I've heard it helps you get immersed in the game a lot. I myself haven't played IV for some time now, I'll reinstall it in the summer soon and playthrough it again and then attempt a realistic playthrough. I am much more interested in this than playing GTA V. (Since I am a PC gamer I am still waiting for the PC announcement). Should be good fun. :)

I love doing realistic playthroughs of IV especially during the summer. It usually takes me 4 weeks to finish IV, but that is without playing non-stop. I've been doing it since 2012.

Anyways, I revisited IV after V back in November and I forced myself to play IV. I was like, "ehh" at first but then fell back in love.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by Official General, 19 April 2014 - 10:03 PM.

I've actually been getting nostalgic for IV lately.  I gave it so much criticism and I still stand by it. But overall, I still enjoyed the game and that's the main thing. I actually put a lot of time in to the game. I'll go for another play through after I finish V again. :)

I think you should attempt a realistic playthrough. You know like:

- Obeying traffic laws.

- Not stealing vehicles. Using the train or the taxi or walk to get around.

- Complete only 1 mission per day. No missions on weekends. (Since weekends are rest days)

- Eat and sleep regularly.

- No health pick-ups. Call the ambulance and they'll fix you up for a price.

- Change clothes regularly.

- Turn off the HUD and Radar.

- Go out with friends regularly.

- After a major mission (say Three Leaf Clover) lie low for a while.

And more. However a realistic playthrough requires a lot of planning. Just a suggestion. I've heard it helps you get immersed in the game a lot. I myself haven't played IV for some time now, I'll reinstall it in the summer soon and playthrough it again and then attempt a realistic playthrough. I am much more interested in this than playing GTA V. (Since I am a PC gamer I am still waiting for the PC announcement). Should be good fun. :)

I love doing realistic playthroughs of IV especially during the summer. It usually takes me 4 weeks to finish IV, but that is without playing non-stop. I've been doing it since 2012.

Anyways, I revisited IV after V back in November and I forced myself to play IV. I was like, "ehh" at first but then fell back in love.

I did a brilliant roleplay about the aftermath of Playboy X's death and the bloody consequences it had on the streets of North and East Holland between warring factions of the North Holland Hustlas. I also did one about the Northwood Dominicans invading Jamaican Posse territory in Beechwood City sparking off a brutal drug war between the two. 

I love doin that roleplay sh*t.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Believe it or not but I had more things to do in IV more than I had in V, I don't care if it had that greyish look to it but everything about it felt perfect.. right down to the long and interesting story that doesn't end quickly or have 69 missions.

As for Taxis, New York has Taxis all over the place OP.. do your research.

Source - I'm a New Yorker.

• Official General likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 19 April 2014 - 11:19 PM.

I just played IV for the first time since September 16. What a time. I started in my old save where I beat the story, and I just looked around the penthouse, thinking "It's been so long". I then drove aimlessly around LC in a motorcycle I had saved several months ago. I had a lot of trouble with the physics, especially in the motorcycle. I wrecked a lot, and often spun out of control. I went to Hove Beach, where I always used to go to just endlessly drift listening to ElectroChoc, Radio Broker, or LRR. After this I went online. It was dead. Only 2 other people, it was sad to see it like that. I remember when there were 16 people in every lobby. In online, I went to the airport to pick up an annihilator. My favorite song, No Security came on, so I just flew around. After it was over, I went to the heart of happiness, a must on any trip back to LC. I just shot at it for a couple seconds, until I slid back down the ladder. I then proceeded to jump off the statue to my death. When I respawned, I picked up several weapons in a 2008 Coquette and went to the hospital in Schottler to rampage. There I was, killing sick people like back in the day. The cops came in, and I killed them too. I stayed behind the hospital desk with the police not knowing where I was for several minutes. I then unexpectedly shot the officer and ran back to my coquette. I went on a high speed chase from the hospital, across the Algonquin Bridge, through Midtown, to Little Italy. I still know my way around. I drifted around a sharp turn straight into a police car, and that's when my car stalled. I walked out, shot the cops, and ran for my life. The NOOSE were after me at this point. After running across a couple blocks, I found a Vigero and drove away. I eventually escaped them, but right after I wrecked into a police car and became wanted again. I just jumped off the overpass I was on and once again ran. Eventually they found me, and I was shot to death. I respawned, and shut off my console. That throwback...

Overall, IV is a gem of a game, but I still like V better. I like the physics of IV in sports cars, but in every other type of vehicle it's too clunky. The police chases were fun, just like in V, but they need to be a little stronger. The city felt dead compared to LS, not too many peds walking around, a lack of driving cars, etc. I think I still like LC more though.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

I just remember how much I love I loved this game when it first came out. It's one of those things that really are great but the fans turned me off in recent months but SA fans are just as bad and I still love that game and let's be honest there will be a day when V fans are insufferable so I just play what I enjoy.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Taxis. Everywhere. WHY THE HELL IS THERE SO MANY TAXIS!

Because New York.

Thanks.

By the way, I still prefer the 3D era over the HD era. Why do the games take place in different universes ? Worst idea ever.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Slightly Rectified

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I just remember how much I love I loved this game when it first came out. It's one of those things that really are great but the fans turned me off in recent months but SA fans are just as bad and I still love that game and let's be honest there will be a day when V fans are insufferable so I just play what I enjoy.

I don't understand how someone else's views on a game can affect how much you enjoy playing it. If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't. Who gives a sh*t if someone else loves it or hates it? I don't sit there and say "Man, most people hate this f*cking game and don't consider it a worthy successor to SA. I don't wanna play it anymore because people say it sucks." I play the game because I enjoy it. 

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

woggleman is one of those guys who just needs to learn how to be quiet and stop worrying about how other people feel. He uses "the majority" as his backup 99.99% of the time in for arguments.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Overall, IV is a gem of a game, but I still like V better. I like the physics of IV in sports cars, but in every other type of vehicle it's too clunky.

Haha funny how everyone else prefers sports and supercars in V. Personally every vehicle type was fine the way they were for me, althought the Highway Reaper Dukes variant could have had better acceleration.

Cl4ud35p33d
  • Cl4ud35p33d

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

I agree with everything you said, OP. GTAIV seemed awesome back in the day, but playing it now it's one of my least favorites in the series.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I am rediscovering how great IV is. I still love V but IV is still incredible.

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by JeffreyDahmer, 23 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

Good for you bro but  i have to disagree still plays fine to me and the driving is much better and way more fun than in V i go back to IV just to cruise around solely for that reason.  obviously  V Feels better gameplay wise overall but of course it does  it would be a failure on R* Part if V had Inferior gameplay seeing as it was Released 5 Years Later.

As much as i enjoyed V IV  is still the Finest Gta to Date well Least To me and its  aged well IMO Compare it to other open world games that came out around the same time for Instance saints row 2 and The Godfather 2  and you will see that IV has aged really  well In Comparison . 

i can even quite easily go back to the Third Era Games  though they really do show their age at times. 

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

First thing that hit me was how blurry the graphics are in IV. V is a huge improvement. On PS3 at least.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

With the right tuning of your TV you can make IV look great but you can tell was getting the hang of the engine. The XBox version is superior as well and this goes for RDR as well. For some reason V is a lot better on the PS3.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

-Taxis. Everywhere. WHY THE HELL IS THERE SO MANY TAXIS!

Well to be fair:
New-York-City-Street-Cabs.jpg

LASTLY: Don't give me that crap about being a "real" gta fan. Who put you on a pedestal and made you GTA king? It's a matter of opinion. If you think GTA III is the best GTA, that doesn't make you any less of a fan than me, vice versa.

Nicely said.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

-Taxis. Everywhere. WHY THE HELL IS THERE SO MANY TAXIS!

Well to be fair:
New-York-City-Street-Cabs.jpg

YELLOW CARS!

• SonOfLiberty and Drunken Cowboy like this

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

I'm walkin' here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

I played Ballad of Gay Tony a little while ago. The handling was worse than I expected it to be after playing GTA V so much. And when I'm in cover, I can't just tap the button to shoot, I have to hold it for a second more, it felt awful. I died on Chinese Takeout and went back to GTA V after that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users