Quantcast

» «
Photo

why would the high life update be released on 4/20?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic
pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

I've seen a lot of speculation where people  think the release date will be 4/20 because it has "high life" in the title. Since that's a Sunday, the chances are already low the update will come out on that day anyway.

But more to my question, what exactly does the high life update have to do with "4/20 smoke weed all day" related sh*t? As I mentioned, the only common thing between the two is the word "high" or am I missing something here?

The high life update will include 3 new high end cars, a motorcycle, some rifle and luxury apartments.

Now if they were releasing 3 new rusty cars, a skateboard, a spraycan weapon and 60k apartments with twice as many bongs and trash on the floor, then sure the 4/20 date would make much more sense.

• ten-a-penny, ShinobiFixer, Bluesun62 and 12 others like this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Now if they were releasing 3 new rusty cars, a skateboard, a spraycan weapon and 60k apartments with twice as many bongs and trash on the floor, then sure the 4/20 date would make much more sense.

this should actually be a DLC wishlist. And the new clothes can be flat billed caps, baggy jeans and tie dye shirts with the peace sign.

• ModderX, Jeff Nesteruk and koolaidandkfc666 like this

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

I saw somewhere in a news article very precisely saying it was going to be on the 20th of April

and it was before all the forum speculations

• Dementious and punishthem420 like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by blk95ta, 15 April 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Because it's a play on words and R* like to do things like that.

Has it occured to anyone that 1.12 may have laid the ground work for high life and content creator? It's possible that HL will just appear as DLC on a specific date and not contain a title update.
  • ShinobiFixer, SCS_Skreamies, Daniel123Shaw123 and 1 other like this

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

When do you think it's going to be release and what's your reasoning? Whatever it is, it will make less sense than it being release on Sunday.
  • LahTigre and G37 like this

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

They said it will definitely be near the end of this month. So 20th makes sense. I read somewhere that some employee or interviewer said something about the 20th and DLC but don't remember.

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

Oh look, another thread about 4/20 

• 2281, SolidSnails, EarthboundMysfit and 1 other like this

Funkwalrus
  • Funkwalrus

Friendly neighbourhood walrus

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

I saw somewhere in a news article very precisely saying it was going to be on the 20th of April

Do you have a link, or just trolling?

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

I think they'd call it the '4:20' weekend, release it on Friday and have an event on Sunday, with double RP and special crate drops.

• jcph3 likes this

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by PoopyThomas, 15 April 2014 - 10:55 PM.

"420 started somewhere in San Rafael, California in the late '70s. It started as the police code for Marijuana Smoking in Progress. After local heads heard of the police call, they started using the expression 420 when referring to herb - Let's Go 420, dude!"

EDIT: just realized I read the question wrong, lol but, we need new apartments to get high in right? So it has to come out that day right? RIGHT?!? No? Okay..
  • Rented and Sushi__Wolf like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 15 April 2014 - 10:54 PM.

Honestly, I was expecting an announcement today to my dismay.  We got f*cking nothing for our troubles.

4/20 is a holiday celebrating a plant, like it or not, this is f*cking 'MURICA.  We actually celebrate that holiday unlike all these other bullsh*t religious holidays.

Calling it the "high life" update would have been perfect, but I digress, sh*ts not happening.

If it doesn't happen, I'd like to give another personal and a BIG F*CK YOU to R*.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Honestly, I was expecting an announcement today to my dismay.  We got f*cking nothing for our troubles.

4/20 is a holiday celebrating a plant, like it or not, this is f*cking 'MURICA.  We actually celebrate that holiday unlike all these other bullsh*t religious holidays.

Calling it the "high life" update would have been perfect, but I digress, sh*ts not happening.

If it doesn't happen, I'd like to give another f*ck YOU to R*.

Nothing "for your troubles"? Like, using a web browser to go to Newswire? Oh, the troubles. Troubles a plenty.

And, no, not everyone celebrates the day. It's completely stupid and immature to celebrate 4/20 as a holiday. Most people don't even know why they do it or why they picked Hitler's birthday as the day to celebrate their marijuana plants. 

• MilezDawg, Crunch McThornbody, Daniel123Shaw123 and 2 others like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Dude, Hitler's birthday is a great day to celebrate smoking weed.  Why are you so uptight about sh*t?

Stop being so goddamn square.

• DocDro and glass pipe like this

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Highlife is also a famous magazine about weed and everything related to it..
Highlife is also the name of a very famous weedshop in the netherlands
Highlife is a high quality weed you can buy in coffeeshops :-)

But i'm not seeing anything related as it comes to this game.
Highlife is more a style of living.
  • teh_g and tetsuomax like this

MissCloud
  • MissCloud

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Don't you mean 2405? (hopefully it isn't that long).

Speculation is speculation. There is no amount of reasoning you can put behind speculation to make it real. Rockstar knows their calendar, we don't and it is as simple as that.

• Ciaran, RowanSane and tetsuomax like this

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Considering there's a possibly-game-breaking new mechanic on the cards (second properties with more garage space - cue cars disappearing into the ether when people try to shift them between garages, or add additional cars to garage 2...), let alone the now-mythical Heists at some point, I actually think that the Spring Updates and the eventual 'High Life Pack' are going to come in several stages - and there's no real telling what'll come first.

Certainly I'd say we're looking at a longer wait than normal, for the reasons above - if we get anything by the end of April, I'd be genuinely surprised.

• HeavySaucer likes this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

unless they announce anything tonight or tomorrow it probably wont come on the 20th, which is what I thought would happen

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Wealthy people smoke weed too!! Ya Jackass!! :p
  • teh_g and tetsuomax like this

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

this should actually be a DLC wishlist. And the new clothes can be flat billed caps, baggy jeans and tie dye shirts with the peace sign.

that would only make sense if we were talking about acid and shrooms, not weed.

• teh_g likes this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by homeskillet, 15 April 2014 - 11:16 PM.

"420 started somewhere in San Rafael, California in the late '70s. It started as the police code for Marijuana Smoking in Progress. After local heads heard of the police call, they started using the expression 420 when referring to herb - Let's Go 420, dude!"

EDIT: just realized I read the question wrong, lol but, we need new apartments to get high in right? So it has to come out that day right? RIGHT?!? No? Okay..

That's very close. Actually some students from San Rafael high would meet at a statue of Louis pasteur at 4:20 to get high. An acquaintance of mine was one of the kids in the group.

It's funny how the phrase has been picked up and defined a multitude of ways. How something as trivial as a few kids getting high after school turned into an international phrase is strange.

• CZuk, Malibu454, Intoxica7ed and 2 others like this

A Parked Car
  • A Parked Car

Snitch

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Hope you ready for the next episode
HeyyyeyyyeEYEYyyyEYYYY....
.... smoke weed everyday! 

• Dani_elle, L5B4LIF3, paulmgrath and 1 other like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Something tells me that Kirsty knows.

• MissCloud likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Ummm. OP, maybe you need to meet a real smoker. My condo is clean, in fact I just finished cleaning. I have two jobs, both of which are very easy and pay quite well. I do not drive a car, I ride a bike to stay in shape. I am a caregiver for terminally ill patients on medical marijuana and their houses are also very clean, thanks to me. They live in very nice homes and have very neat items on the walls and in curio cabinets.

The funny part of it is, even these patients, 50-90 years old know about the 4/20 joke. It was said to be California's penal code for a marijuana charge. It was said to be a universal time of day for smokers to meet up. It has become much more. Today, homes located at 420 Any Street, USA will likely have some marijuana affiliation. There are websites dedicated to keeping track of what time it is in other countries so you can live-chat and smoke with people around the world. This "420" has become as close to a unifying symbol as the Peace Sign or the West Side gang flash.

The point is, OP, you never really know someone until you've enjoyed something with them. Whether that is a frosted brew with your dad at the local dive bar or a joint with your high school janitor, enjoy something and make a time of day, every day, to do that enjoyable thing.

That will be your High Life. Your 420. Then you'll understand.
  • godziller, MISO_STONY, glass pipe and 2 others like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Don't know, ask Lil Wayne.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by G37, 15 April 2014 - 11:34 PM.

They said it will definitely be near the end of this month. So 20th makes sense. I read somewhere that some employee or interviewer said something about the 20th and DLC but don't remember.

As a few intelligent people have pointed out in this thread, no the 20th doesn't make sense. Why? For two real reasons. It's Easter and SUNDAY. Weekends, particularly SUNDAYS are not known to be the release of anything like this, especially related to a gaming company that predominately functions on your typical M-F, 9-5.

They said absolutely ZERO about it being toward the end of the month. Reading comprehension is key here. They said it would be released in SPRING. Last time I checked SPRING still has several weeks REMAINING. Would it make sense if it dropped at the end of the month? Yes - (not on a SUNDAY) but everything is PURELY speculation at this point as there is NO OFFICIAL statement regarding this matter.

And no, no employee said anything anywhere about it coming out on EASTER SUNDAY. On the other hand some moronic interviewer could say that and it would hold ABSOLUTELY NO weight whatsoever. Why? Because the INTERVIEWER doesn't make the decision of when the DLC comes out.

My god. I swear.

I REALLY hope you're being facetious. If so, ignore my comment. If not, LOL.

• 2281 and Realz like this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

"Business" update had nothing to do with business. The update could be called the "Smoke Crack on Dead Grandma's Couch" update and I still wouldn't expect drugs. Just new cars, new guns, new jobs.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

I find your generalization of pot heads is unfounded. Good day to you sir.
  • Toke, GTA Banjo, ParanoiaX and 3 others like this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

BleH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

I think an Easter update is more likely. Similar to Christmas.  It will be announced in a day or two along with a fail event for the weekend. We will get a few clothing items that will expire in two weeks along with the springtime curse where the entire map is covered in pollen.

The High life update will come early/mid April and as usual majority of ppl (myself included)  will complain about it.

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Do you have a link, or just trolling?

no I don't, but I clearly remember seeing this was the 20th and when I saw speculation on the forum I was puzzled because I thought it was common knowledge

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

I take it no one knows what entendres are to keep questioning this speculation. And some of you need to go smoke something & get off your high horse.
  • whistlegoWOOOOT likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users