Is Saints Row 2 worth getting?

52 replies to this topic
SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Saints row 2 is AWESOME.

Brilliant sandbox with great missions and a lot to do.

It is a bit ugly, though, but once you get past the bad looks, you will love it.

For a game not focussed on graphics I don't think it looks that bad.

Anyway this was the last real Saints Row. The two after have been nothing short of sh*t IMO.
  • Misbegotten cad likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

How many people who call Saints Row IV sh*t have actually played it?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM.

I played SR2 then SR3 (which was SO over-the-top and set in Steelport) you dont really need to play SR4 to know it Sh*t;Same City as SR3,Nothing new,Superpowers,Aliens,Giant Purple Dildo etc...infact that sh*t started with SR3 (the begining of the end like i and many people have said) lol playing as a Toilet Sit in a Tron-Inspired Simulation,a Cube-like Tank Like WTF Volition!!!. lol tbh noone needs to play SR4 to know it sh*tty (and the franchise is already destroyed).And like i have said numerous times, "SR1/2 was when the franchise was at it Glory Days as the best GTA Clones EVER" end of...

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM.

I played SR2 then SR3 (which was SO over-the-top and set in Steelport) you dont really need to play SR4 to know it Sh*t;Same City as SR3,Nothing new,Superpowers,Aliens,Giant Purple Dildo etc...infact that sh*t started with SR3 (the begining of the end like i and many people have said) lol playing as a Toilet Sit in a Tron-Inspired Simulation,a Cube-like Tank Like WTF !!! lol tbh noone needs to play SR4 to know it sh*t (and the franchise is already destroyed).

Actually, you should play SRIV if you want to have even the slightest bit of credibility in judging it.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:34 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Saints row 2 is AWESOME.

It is a bit ugly, though, but once you get past the bad looks, you will love it.

Anyway this was the last real Saints Row. The two after have been nothing short of sh*t IMO.
Not just you bro and true,everyone (including myself) who played SR2 and loved it agrees with this...

I played SR2 then SR3 (which was SO over-the-top and set in Steelport) you dont really need to play SR4 to know it Sh*t;Same City as SR3,Nothing new,Superpowers,Aliens,Giant Purple Dildo etc...infact that sh*t started with SR3 (the begining of the end like i and many people have said) lol playing as a Toilet Sit in a Tron-Inspired Simulation,a Cube-like Tank Like WTF !!! lol tbh noone needs to play SR4 to know it sh*t (and the franchise is already destroyed).

Actually, you should play SRIV if you want to have even the slightest bit of credibility in judging it.
So you are telling me I should waste another 60 bucks on a Sh*tty game which was originally an expansion to a game i already played (and also wasted 60 bucks on)? No thanks :)

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

Saints row 2 is AWESOME.

Not just you bro and true,everyone (including myself) who played SR2 and loved it agrees with this...

So you are telling me I should waste another 60 bucks on a Sh*tty game which was originally an expansion to a game i already played (and also wasted 60 bucks on)? No thanks :)

You don't have spend $60 on a game that you don't know the quality of because you never played it, you could rent it subscription to GameFly or something. It's a vast improvement over The Third, coming from someone who has played all four games from the start.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Also, SRIV wasn't originally an expansion. Development of the game began before SRTT, and Enter The Dominatrix merged with it when they found it to be too ambitious to be an expansion. As explained here:

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Most definitely best of the series.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:19 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 April 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I respect Scott Philips alot,but that interview was a Lol moment for me while watching,cmon as a Big fan of GTA even before he created the SR franchise in 2006, that just stupid to ruin a franchise tbh...Lol First time Angry Joe was a bit normal :lol: btw thanks for sharing the video (although as a Fan of SR2,I already made my comments and views on the now f*cked up franchise,and it cant be changed unless it get a reboot and goes back to it roots).

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

I played saints 4 to the finish, and while it was entertaining in spots, it was crap in general.

-I mean it's the worst looking of the lot, and that's just wrong.

(mind you, after you finish SR 4, you are given power to control the graphics of the game, so you can then make the game look slightly more palatable. But that does not save the game.)

Also, SR3 was also rubbish. Nicest to look at, and good storyline, but it just lacked the atmosphere of the SR1 and  2.

• Daz likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

It's a fun time but don't expect gta.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

It's a much more expansive game than any other SR game. Lots to do and unlock.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

For the most part, I enjoyed it. However, I hate those stupid mini games you have to do in order to gain respect. I know completing them isn't the only way to gain respect, but its the only way to gain it quickly.

The character customization is fantastic though.

I've never played the first one due to never owning an Xbox 360, and the third and fourth ones look way too over the top and ridiculous.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Best game in the series and my favorite open world crime game so far. There is soooooo much to see and do in the game. I had this game since it came out on in 2008 and I'm still discovering new things. A few months ago I found a underwater sewer system which is fun for jet skiing. Loved the game so much I bought it 3 times (360, PS3, and PC).

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

I've played 3 missions so far and now that I've gotten used to the controls it's pretty fun.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

I've played 3 missions so far and now that I've gotten used to the controls it's pretty fun.

What do you think of the game so far compared to SR3 and SR4?

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

What do you think of the game so far compared to SR3 and SR4?

It's better than 3 in terms of story, customization, location, cribs, activities and atmosphere but I still like the third's system of upgrading and it's variety in missions a bit more. For Saint's row 4 I can't really compare because while they are part of the same series 4 is practically a different genre.

Also the boss is vicious as hell in this game. Which I like actually because it matches with the british voice I gave him. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

You know, only really fun part of SR4 is the alien noise gun. It plays music so loud that enemies and vechiles explode!

In SR2 I was forced to use cheats, because many of the stronghold and boss missions were just too darn difficult for me.

In SR3 and 4, no cheats were needed because they were so easy.

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

i agree with what most people have said good game Overall  feels a bit dated now though and the Storyline is at very best only decent (and that's Quite Charitable)  7.5/10    it was also  Much better than the Last 2 Abominations that came after it i liked the Original Slightly More Though. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

BTW did anyone else notice that SR4 copied it's superpowers from Prototype?

-I mean they are identical, down to the controls!!!

I think activision should have sued...

Funny thing is, some critics thought those superpowers were novel and new idea on SR4. Well, obviously their game knowledge is severely lacking!

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:41 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 23 April 2014 - 09:43 AM.

BTW did anyone else notice that SR4 copied it's superpowers from Prototype?
-I mean they are identical, down to the controls!!!

I think activision should have sued...

Funny thing is, some critics thought those superpowers were novel and new idea on SR4. Well, obviously their game knowledge is severely lacking!

More of a Crackdown/Prototype/Infamous Combo...I enjoyed playing Infamous 2nd Son than even Saints Row 3 infact i was pissed how Saints Row is just a parody and rip-offs of many game franchises,SR1/2 were SA rip-offs "GTA Clone" then SR3 rip-offed many Tron/Mario/CoD features and SR4 just became a Superhero Game meets Crackdown and Prototype/Infamous..It great I traded in SR3 instantly after playing it and didnt even buy 4...like i said many times before and i will say it again,SR1/2 were the best and the reason i love the franchise in the first place and if they return to SR2's Gang Route/Realism with abit of wackiness then i might love the franchise again...lol but i dont see that happening unfortunately :/ (plus Deep Silver wouldnt give the creative freedom or Budget cus it a Sh*t Publisher).

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Have you found the secret mall yet???

-the one that's underground and has the shop for very naughty lingerie in it...

Man, I remember when finding it the first time! Brilliant!

of course, you will get to it sooner or later, because one of the main missions end there, but it is so much more fun when you find the mall by accident...

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yup, get it. It's a good bit of fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users