The Arctic Monkeys new vs old debate

1 reply to this topic
Simo54321
  • Simo54321

'><'IRONS'><'

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

As a first year college student in England it's pretty f*cking hard now unless you spend all your time in the library to get away from the fact that Arctic Monkeys are pretty much dominating the ipods of teenagers. Although you would think that these teenagers would be happy with alternative rock being the student anthem many of the kids that try so desperately to be indie to the point where their arms are dead from holding their Starbucks still persist on arguing because they like to whine and reinforce that they listened to them "before they were even cool". To be honest I would rather have the debate over this topic on a forum such as this and so i put this question towards the frequently visited music section: Do you think their old stuff is better than their new stuff? It's pretty f*cking simple.

If you do end up posting on here please make sure you don't get into a whining hipster verbal brawl and instead try to actually converse and take into consideration the views of your counterpart. Also make sure your post is relevant.   

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I haven't actively listened to Arctic Monkeys in about four years. I was really into them during the first two albums, but I lost interest in that British indie sound.

I have heard the newer stuff and it's different, good, but not good enough for me to get back into them. Just not my thing anymore.

Basically, older is better, only because I liked it at the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users