Crew Emblem Creator Attempt

32 replies to this topic
craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hey guys, 

So i was a bit late on the band wagon at the whole HTML trick, by the time i discovered it, the thing was patched! 

Yet, all those crews running around with fancy emblems was making me jealous haha, So i had to have a go at creating something! 

So here's my attempt at making an emblem for the crew im currently in, the truscello family mafia. (Truscello CF)

Would love to hear what you all think.

701a7b3276a94db7674d4ca5ff5465e988ed7d34

0_01.jpg

0_0.jpg

An heres is a video that kind of shows how many layer's & shapes went into building this!! It's all legit lol!

• SAVILLAIN, Killzone3265 and Supheris like this

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Looks good :^:

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 15 April 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Looks good :^:

:rah: I agree it looks good my friend :rah:

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thanks guys! It took me several hours haha, im gonna go tweak it some more now! Shall post back any changes if you're at all interested! 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

good stuff

i would have went for the guns and brass knuckles in red and the text in white

• whistlegoWOOOOT likes this

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Get rid of the brass knuckles and ak, and you've got a nice and clean emblem.

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

good stuff

i would have went for the guns and brass knuckles in red and the text in white

Yeah, once i committed to the red text, an its built up of several hundred shapes, like my video shows, changing it becomes a bit of a herculean task!! 

Maybe, just have a straight black line? I was searching for something there just to cover up the messyness id created with a bunch of circles etc.... Il;l try it out an post a pic! 

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Opinions ? 

e1cc9cd6b33aa42cea4af05eca57b1cdfdb61d60

• Killbook and Bourjois like this

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Opinions ? 

Looks good. I didn't know you could add text. When I tried in October, they didn't give me the option so I said f*ck it and just did the glitch to bring a image into it and used that as my emblem.

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:33 PM Edited by craigbaines, 15 April 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Looks good. I didn't know you could add text. When I tried in October, they didn't give me the option so I said f*ck it and just did the glitch to bring a image into it and used that as my emblem. 

Haha well thats the point, you CAN'T add text.

If you watch my video, watch it as it loads, The text is built up of hundreds of small curves, circles, and triangles. As is the silhouettes. You can make anything if you put enough time into it. An i must admit, this logo is much nicer now with it as suggested, some in game shots to compare....

f-1.jpg

e-1.jpg

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by madmanaz, 15 April 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Nice one OP. My buddy started a crew and spent a few hours over a couple days to tweak the emblem. It still has it's quirks but I think that's what I like about it. I've rarely seen patches on a biker vest that stay in great condition or don't have some kind of subtle issue.

But that emblem you made, for not using the HTML trick, looks badass.

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by craigbaines, 15 April 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Nice one OP. My buddy started a crew and spent a few hours over a couple days to tweak the emblem. It still has it's quirks but I think that's what I like about it. I've rarely seen patches on a biker vest that stay in great condition or don't have some kind of subtle issue.

But that emblem you made, for not using the HTML trick, looks badass.

Kind words, Thank you.

I found a helpfull little tip online.

I created an image as you guys would have done for the html trick, an then download a program that allows me to make my internet browser translucent. Once you have it lined up nicely, its just the tedious job of tracing it with the shapes available! 

It's a bit of a long job, but i think it gives a nice result, only took me a day plus the tweaking i did, an when i say a day, i was in an out of the house for most of it, hence why it took me the entire day to finally get it done lol.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 15 April 2014 - 07:03 PM.

I like it. Good job.

I will however point out some initial spots and some suggestions. 

- Given the mafia theme you could have used a Gusenberg (Tommy Gun) instead of an AK. Purely thematic but you've done the AK well. 

Spoiler

- Middle gangsters tie seems too wobbly, perhaps a suit effect could be added so the tie would be long, lean and pressed in.

Spoiler

- The gangster on the right could use a special variety to come on par with the left one. Maybe give him a cigarette. 

- Middle gangsters top hat could use some adjusting, it looks too wobbly. 

- The tip of the gun on the left gangster could use adjusting, it seems too round. Maybe something like this:

Spoiler

- Possibly increase the length of the bottom horizontal lines on the L's to make them seem less like I's.

Just some suggestions but overall, well executed. Their body angles really catch their characteristics. 

PAKOPAKMAN
  • PAKOPAKMAN

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Can you please go into detail on how you made it transparent? I've been trying with no luck

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by craigbaines, 15 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

I like it. Good job.

- Given the mafia theme you could have used a Gusenberg (Tommy Gun) instead of an AK. Purely thematic but you've done the AK well. 

- Middle gangsters tie seems too wobbly, perhaps a suit effect could be added so the tie would be long, lean and pressed in.

- The gangster on the right could use a special variety to come on par with the left one. Maybe give him a cigarette. 

- The tip of the gun on the left gangster could use adjusting, it seems too round. Maybe something like this:

- Possibly increase the length of the bottom horizontal lines on the L's to make them seem less like I's.

Just some suggestions but overall, well executed. Their body angles really catch their characteristics.

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions, you were looking at my first logo, id since edited it a bit. 

The AK has now gone, though it was originally a tommy gun! An id already adjusted the middle guys hat!

The cigar idea was great though thanks, i think it looks ok? Fits in nicely..... 

The L's were squeezed in haha, i realized half way through that the way id laid it out wouldn't fit, hence why i tried to make them streamlined :p 

Iv tweaked the gun a little too, hopfully looks better? As for the tie, i quite like it as it is :)

71e9edf62cf026616da58109fda581c228d410bc

Can you please go into detail on how you made it transparent? I've been trying with no luck

Sure, i downloaded a program called "vitrite"

Now i must declare, iv'e never heard of, used, or bothered to read up about it before, so it could well be full of virus's etc, i have no idea! All i can tell you is it did the job i wanted it too lol.

once its installed an is running, yu just click on the window you want, for example the internet browser, hold ctrl & shift & a number from 1-9, 9 being the most opaque. 

Once you have that done its straight forward, I struggled to find a software too after all i read said to Google for a transparent browser, so i hope this helps.... 

PAKOPAKMAN
  • PAKOPAKMAN

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Damn, didn't really want to go through all that but I may give it a shot when I have time.

robban
  • robban

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Nice :]

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Nice job, it looks awesome

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I like it. Good job.

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions, you were looking at my first logo, id since edited it a bit. 

The AK has now gone, though it was originally a tommy gun! An id already adjusted the middle guys hat!

The cigar idea was great though thanks, i think it looks ok? Fits in nicely..... 

The L's were squeezed in haha, i realized half way through that the way id laid it out wouldn't fit, hence why i tried to make them streamlined :p 

Iv tweaked the gun a little too, hopfully looks better? As for the tie, i quite like it as it is :)

71e9edf62cf026616da58109fda581c228d410bc

Sure, i downloaded a program called "vitrite"

Now i must declare, iv'e never heard of, used, or bothered to read up about it before, so it could well be full of virus's etc, i have no idea! All i can tell you is it did the job i wanted it too lol.

once its installed an is running, yu just click on the window you want, for example the internet browser, hold ctrl & shift & a number from 1-9, 9 being the most opaque. 

Once you have that done its straight forward, I struggled to find a software too after all i read said to Google for a transparent browser, so i hope this helps.... 

lol you know you didnt have to do all that right? Its an option to make it transparent in the creator. 

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

You're not understanding what i mean :) You cant do it via the creator

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Cigar looks good. 

The tip of that guy's gun still needs work. Make it more simple. Less round edges. 

I know the editor can be a pain to work with, I spent hours making my street racing one:

13969147831179_f.jpg

Suppose to resemble an engine with fire coming out of it, skull representing the 1% street racing syndicate.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Well you said transparent? So what exactly do you mean?

budcat
  • budcat

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Looks good, I too know the pain of the emblem creator and putting hours into your work, still can't decide if it was worth it, lol

cbe6842768cba30155c85f60801b158fac34ea13

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure he made it transparent on the PC in order to be able to trace it on top of the emblem creator easier (read above)

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Well i just had an epiphany, the creator already has pistols in it -.-'

Just resized one an inserted it, looks a lot better lol DOH

An basically, imagine your'e entire google chrome / internet exsplorer being translucent, it allows you to see whats behind, that might be photoshop? 

Can line up, an copy a shape from behind.  

9a6eddcea5cb8a05539ae78e16d84320b398e1c7

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Opinions ? 

This looks clean, nice job. Maybe go for a godfatherish font? :)

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Well i just had an epiphany, the creator already has pistols in it -.-' Just resized one an inserted it, looks a lot better lol DOHAn basically, imagine your'e entire google chrome / internet exsplorer being translucent, it allows you to see whats behind, that might be photoshop? Can line up, an copy a shape from behind.   9a6eddcea5cb8a05539ae78e16d84320b398e1c7

Oh ok I see, I thought you meant making it transparent like my avatar so you wouldn't have the ugly white or black background.

NinJa_SideSwipe
  • NinJa_SideSwipe

Formerly known as Synophrys

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Made mine in the creator too, didn't spend too long, still looks great lol.

79da61fa94cf115870cfdafb5ad4a68371831e0f

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

You download a browser extension/app that allows you to place a picture over the top of your browser and make said picture transparent. 

From there, it's as simple as tracing the picture with the shapes in the creator. 

Personally wouldn't have mentioned that's how you did it because it takes away from the assumed effort required as it just turns it into a paint-by-number, but whatever. Looks good. 
I do wonder why all the custom text on emblems always seems to be in that same font (with the diamonds/triangles/tips). 

craigbaines
  • craigbaines

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

You download a browser extension/app that allows you to place a picture over the top of your browser and make said picture transparent. 

From there, it's as simple as tracing the picture with the shapes in the creator. 

Personally wouldn't have mentioned that's how you did it because it takes away from the assumed effort required as it just turns it into a paint-by-number, but whatever. Looks good. 
I do wonder why all the custom text on emblems always seems to be in that same font (with the diamonds/triangles/tips). 

There's no point lying, try an have a go, you'll see its far from easy lol... try an recreate something thats got random curves with whats on the creator! there must be hundreds of small shapes to create that!

An the "font" isnt a font, its made from more small shapes.... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users