Photo

Disabling car light refraction in ENB

5 replies to this topic
Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Anyone know how to disable the stupid car/vehicle light refraction in ENB? It messes up an otherwise perfectly looking texture, and also makes the lights less intense. I figured if you turn off shadows, the effect disappears. Since I don't want to turn off my shadows, is there any other way to get rid of it?

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of it:

http://www.pcgamesha.../08/gta4_67.jpg

This is what I want to get rid of.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Might try setting in visualsettings.dat: car.headlight.emissive.off 0.0
Some visualsettings leave small amounts on like my case, car.headlight.emissive.off 0.1

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I even tried using it on 1.0, however that only added the a bit from the vertices color to the lights. (for example if my indicators are grey when they are not light up, I use vertex color to paint them yellow, and with the value 1.0 I saw a bit of yellow on the turned off light texture)

Also I seem to remember to be able to modify the intensity of the ELS lights from enbseries.ini, however I forgot which value it was. I'm not talking about "car.defaultlight.emissive.on    400.00" in visualsettings.dat , but a value that when you increased it, the light became more bright. (for example you could turn a "255,0,0" red light into a "255,200,200" red)

If this last part is unclear I can post a picture to show what I mean.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

I can test a couple things when I am home from work Rob. The lights thing is / can be influenced from visualsettings.dat, enbseries.ini, timecycle (lightspritesize/Ambient1 color - maybe).

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by Rob.Zombie, 15 April 2014 - 10:34 PM.

I'm pretty sure it's not light sprite. Sprites are those corona effect things. Those round translucent circles in front of the headlight. What I wish to modify in both cases are the actual light up textures or in case of the light refraction thing, the normal headlight / taillight etc. texture. Anyway thanks for your help.

EDIT: I've found the parameter that controls the brightness of the lights. It's "EmissiveMuliplier=1.0" in enbseries.ini, however I still have no idea how to get rid of the light refraction effect.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Also sorry for double post, but I have another bug I forgot to mention. Even when the car is in the shadows, most vehglass materials (usually every breakable window) still look like the sun shines on them. This happens even at night. Here are 2 pictures to show you what I'm talking about:

http://www.imagebam....5556b8321123264

http://www.imagebam....e5ee6e321123272

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users