Which ending is canon?

5 replies to this topic
Brandonn96
  • Brandonn96

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Is Deal or Revenge the canon ending of GTA IV??
or is it never specified?

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:57 PM Edited by RandomStunt, 15 April 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Possibly Revenge, as Niko never forgived Darko the same way Bernie did, he needed to find him. So i'm guessing same for Dimitri.

Another clue is that in GTA V you can find Niko's lifeinvader profile, and if you zoom in you'll find Roman Bellic being in his friend list. the wiki says that Lifeinvader was founded in 2009 GTA time, that means that Niko and Roman are(were?) still alive and made a Lifeinvader account.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I always thought that Revenge was more fitting for Niko's character, also Roman having a LifeInvader and Roman's cab company is suggested to still be around in GTA V.

• Funktipus likes this

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Roman's cab company could be ran by Niko, Mallory or even Mohammed during GTA V and have the name left due to respect for the passing of Roman. I think the whole point of having 2 endings on any other choices for that matter during the game, is that none of them is considered "cannon" and they are both left ambiguous in the next games.

That said, the Deal ending seems a bit rushed I think, Dimitri killing Pegorino at that very moment when Niko encounters them makes absolutely no sense. It's like - "oh man, Niko just wiped out most of our goons, what we gonna do? Right, I'll kill you now instead of focusing on the matter at hand and deal with the problem all alone!" :p

Jackgta
  • Jackgta

Your a dick, without a dick!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

Revenge is canon at best. Franklin's cousin is saying Roman's Cab Company is horrible, Roman has a LifeInvader profile as said above ( Niko/Roman's avatar photos are from GTA Wikia lol ) so that means Roman is alive and well, hopefully with his kid by now :D

• Funktipus likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Both and none at the same time. Correct is the one you pick and I sincerely hope it will stay that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users