Photo

Things you expected and were possible to be in game, but they didn'

185 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 April 2014 - 08:39 PM.

The ability to weaponize vehicle doors would've been nice. Sleeping Dogs/State of Decay style. Open them up and just punt people as you drive by at ludicrous speeds. It would've been amazing with the GTA V engine. 

Seems like something that would be relatively easy to implement, does it not? Could throw it in there in a patch. Make it a "weapon" that you can scroll to like you would with your SMG or pistol while in the vehicle. 

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by Bonnano, 15 April 2014 - 08:41 PM.

@ CapitalCommunist

Ha ha ! Looool  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I cannot take him seriously especially even more so, after he said SA or GTA IV's "interiors were not actually interiors". 

Well, about GTA IV, it ain't true, for GTA SA it kinda is, since... well, techinally they are boxes floating inside the skybox.

But don't mind me. Just clearing stuff up.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 April 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Official General, do you just choose to ignore the thing that takes away the only leverage that you think you have after your hilarious embarrassment in the IV vs. V topic?

I never said SA's interiors weren't interiors in that sense (I explained what I meant multiple times, but you just choose to ignore it because you're ignorant, apparently. Everybody else that said something about it gets it but you), and I never even mentioned IV.

Anyway, stop being stupid, and we're going off-topic.

cartman_101
  • cartman_101

GTA V!!!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Jetpack, explorable sewers, drivable trains, buying safehouses in SP, an enterable airport and more missions (in particular heists). Also I was truly dissappointed with the fact that Fort Zancudo played a really insignificant role in the story.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Conrad Tokyo

• The Yakuza
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Ermac., 15 April 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Improved Vigilante missions. I don't know why R* went through all the trouble of improving the details on the police vehicles, but didn't give the player any reason to use them whatsoever. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

A fully functional subway and bus system.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

I thought there was a subway and bus system...

It's only tour buses, isn't it?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

The subway system is worse than IV's...

I meant a bus system as in public transport buses...

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

The subway system is worse than IV's...

I meant a bus system as in public transport buses...

1) I never used the subway in V. What was worse about it? I mean, isn't it just get on train, and go to next stop?

How can one be worse than the other?

2) I thought so, that's what I meant with my other comment. Isn't there only tour buses in V?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Being able to get all 3 protagonists together in a vehicle and switch between the driver and the shooter(s). The only glimpses we get of that dynamic are in Marriage Counseling and Fresh Meat.

In the same vein, being able to switch between the three while hanging out together.

Oh, and leave the car engine running manually without doing a punch dance before hand or shooting a weapon.

What he said. That's all.

LonerStoner97
  • LonerStoner97

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Putting NPC in the trunk, its a shame r* missed this. Would made the game more fun, oh and robbing banks i. SP anytime u want. r* f*cked up.

WHY DO YOU WANNA DO THAT?

It was in Sleeping Dogs... it wasn't a great feature. It's pointless.
there just lazy A-holes.
Lol lazy.

Kids nowadays know nothing.
did i tell a joke? What is there to lol about? & i ain't no kid either. R* was lazy in some areas of the game.

R* creates a AAA game, and doesn't include a feature that you wanted, and they're lazy? That's pretty lol.

It's also massively stupid.

Don't mind the fockerface, nobody takes that clown seriously.

And that's laughable coming from you.
why are u so against the idea?

Conwin
  • Conwin

...because all America loves a cowboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

* Gang Wars.

* Drug-dealing/trafficking.

* Armed back-up, bodyguards, gang recruitment.

* Mini-heists.

* Burglaries.

* Vigilante.

* Longer story.

* Story that revolved around organized crime and gangs.

* Random shoot-outs in the streets between rival gangs.

* Hispanic protagonist.

* Glock pistol. 

* Many different interiors, including nightclubs, bars, and the usual ones like Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell. 

* Buying safehouse properties

* Buying expensive jewelry to wear (not diamond studs). 

* Gambling.

* Dating.

* Bigger Los Santos with more neighborhood variation.

* Dense forests with lots a different animals and feeling creepy and eerie at night. 

* Abundant, vibrant sea life.

You pretty much nailed it! From the pre hype that came from R* and other gaming magazines that was what I really expected!

There's one thing though: Buying safehouse properties, how could you think of that!? Sigh R* ...

yeah, I also agree with this list! Also because al lot these features were in older GTA games; why couldn't they put them back? Instead we get yoga

Me too! Rockstar really dropped the ball when they decided to not to put in a Hispanic protagonist. Really sucked the life out of the game.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm not against the idea.

I'm against you calling a company that just spent $250 million and 4 years making a game lazy because they didn't add a feature you wanted.

• Chips237 likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Since I mainly only f*ck around on the BMX now, I wish I could pick up and carry my bike sometimes. Losing a bicycle in a few feet of water is annoying as f*ck. I also expected to use the baseball bat and golf club while riding. I remember riding around like that when I was a little bad ass kid. 

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

Everything that was in past Rockstar games. Clubs especially. Don't tease us with club pics that aren't enter able. You are not progressing if you are taking stuff out of a game. 

Frankly I can't wait another 8 years for what should have been in GTA V. I'll be f*cking forty years old!

GTA V should have never been on last gen. Ubisoft is gonna profit off of what should have been in V with watch dogs. 

Rockstar needs a competitor that makes them sure they are gonna strive to be the best. They've got way to much talent in their studios to not be putting features they already know how to put in a game.

• BlackNoise and ViceCityStalker like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Official General, 16 April 2014 - 12:43 AM.

I'm not against the idea.

I'm against you calling a company that just spent $250 million and 4 years making a game lazy because they didn't add a feature you wanted.

Because.....

* You work for this company ?

* You own shares in this company ?

* Your family relatives work for this company ?

* Your girlfriend (or boyfriend) works for this company ? 

* This company sponsor's you in any way ?

* You are sucking the genitalia of this company's top people ?

Which is it ??

• EAZY-D likes this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by EM_JAY_86, 16 April 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Gangs in Vinewood(families and baller sets, Aztecaz could have a presence there as well)

Better layout and more housing areas in East LS

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 16 April 2014 - 01:51 AM.

You missed one: *Sensibility

If you can't see how utterly retarded his comment was, then there's something wrong.

"Hey R*, I know you just spent 4 years and a quarter of a billion dollars making this game, but you didn't add putting people in trunks, so you're lazy and and you're also assholes!"

You cannot see anything wrong with that!?

That's like going up to a fisherman and going: "Hey, I know you just spent 3 weeks on the sea, away from your wife and children, but you didn't catch a Trout you lazy asshole."

• CantThinkOfOne2013, jondean31 and Overmenneske like this

xJDaRR
  • xJDaRR

TDoT Goons

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

I expected a larger and more denser forest. Better and unique car sounds. More popular cars from gta4 to make a return. More modifications for vehicles.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

Heists... At free will any time...

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

The only thing I ever complained about: Eating in restaurants.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:39 AM Edited by Awesom-0, 16 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

1) APC's

2)Lowriders

3)Hydras

4)Smart cop A.I. (The police A.I. in this game are terrible and are probably the most half-assed A.I. in GTA games history)

5)Real random events. (All we got was a woman who keeps getting her wallet stolen and a few others)

6)Alot of different species of animals. (We only got deer, coyotes and dogs, and maybe the occasional mountain lion and shark)

7)More enterable interiors( I wanted the Pizza stack co. , clucking bell, and burger shot)

8)Decals for car customization.

9)A better and longer campaign(Only 69 missions? WTF R*?!?!?)

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 16 April 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Rockstar needs a competitor that makes them sure they are gonna strive to be the best. They've got way to much talent in their studios to not be putting features they already know how to put in a game.

Yeah, this needs to happen soon. I'm even at a point where I wish R* would do something similar to what Activision is doing with COD. I'm only talking about their new 3 year dev cycle with the three different studios. R* could do something like that with their different studios. I don't need GTA every year, but I would love to see what the other R* studios(especially San Diego) would come up with. They would be competing with each other, which would probably produce better, more creative games. 

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

4.) the police AI in this were actually surprisingly good. How they storm buildings you're in. Or even get to other vantage points to when there are no other options. They really know their enviroment.

And war Ermac said about being able to SWITCH when hanging out. Was really looking forwardto this, I just made a separate thread about it as well.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:31 AM Edited by Official General, 16 April 2014 - 11:09 AM.

You missed one: *Sensibility

If you can't see how utterly retarded his comment was, then there's something wrong.

"Hey R*, I know you just spent 4 years and a quarter of a billion dollars making this game, but you didn't add putting people in trunks, so you're lazy and and you're also assholes!"

You cannot see anything wrong with that!?

That's like going up to a fisherman and going: "Hey, I know you just spent 3 weeks on the sea, away from your wife and children, but you didn't catch a Trout you lazy asshole."

It should not matter to you at all, you don't work for them and they are not gods. Rockstar earn hundreds of millions of dollars, they are already multimillionaires many times over, and they have a long established reputation as one of the most successful game developers in the industry, both critically and commercially. Why the f*ck would they care too much about a certain group of people calling them lazy ?

There is nothing wrong with what he said.

• MiamiViceCity and EAZY-D like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Lighter

Nightclubs

Skimmer

First was mentioned in one of the reviews (Gameinformer, I think), the latter were seen in first trailer. Kinda disappointed they're not in the game, this could add some more fun.

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Mannnnnnnn, I really wanted EVERY building to have interiors, and over 50000000000+ different cars with custom rocket launchers that you could put on them, and I wanted over 12378 Weapons with Jetpack Support and Cj and Niko to return as protagonists....GTA V sucks because I didn't get what I want, Rockstar was lazy not to listen to my personal needs......Stupid Crockstar, never gonna buy a GTA game again Unliked, Unfaved, and Unsubscribed! Rockstar reeeeeeaaaaaallllly screwed up!

(Hey guys, I can't wait! I hear they are already planning GTA VI! Pre-order purchased!)

• Staten, Conwin and jondean31 like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:15 AM Edited by Official General, 16 April 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Mannnnnnnn, I really wanted EVERY building to have interiors, and over 50000000000+ different cars with custom rocket launchers that you could put on them, and I wanted over 12378 Weapons with Jetpack Support and Cj and Niko to return as protagonists....GTA V sucks because I didn't get what I want, Rockstar was lazy not to listen to my personal needs......Stupid Crockstar, never gonna buy a GTA game again Unliked, Unfaved, and Unsubscribed! Rockstar reeeeeeaaaaaallllly screwed up!

(Hey guys, I can't wait! I hear they are already planning GTA VI! Pre-order purchased!)

Firstly, that was so generic and corny a response aimed at GTA V's critics. Bro, that sh*t got real old fast.

Secondly........you're not funny. Not even remotely.

• deathdealer likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 16 April 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Driving trains and enter-able restaurants and nightclubs. I guess that's it for now.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Leaving a car engine running when you exit the car without a wanted level.

You cannot role play a cop properly without this.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users