Stuck as Franklin - Can't continue story

11 replies to this topic
TheSovietTurnip
  • TheSovietTurnip

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Every time I go into singleplayer I can only play as Franklin, as the player wheel becomes inaccessible, and on the map I see the 2 green circles to show where the weed stashes are in (what I'm assuming to be) his "grass roots" mission, however mission brief says I'm not doing a mission at that time, also when I go to the locations of the vehicles I need to take nothing happens. Franklin doesn't call Barry, no indication of where to go once I get into the car, nothing.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who has had this problem, so any help in fixing this would be very appreciated.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

What do you mean that the player wheel becomes "inaccessible"? Does it pop up but Mike and Trev are not available for switching? Does it not pop up at all?

TheSovietTurnip
  • TheSovietTurnip

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

It doesn't pop up at all. Also if I try to change to Trevor/Mike with the player wheel in multiplayer it brings me back to Franklin.

Someone2222
  • Someone2222

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Maybe i can help. What was the mission you did ?

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Maybe you should try to call Mike/Trev and go on a friend activity with them, then see if you can change protags, after the activity.

TheSovietTurnip
  • TheSovietTurnip

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

The last mission I did was "Paparazzo - The Meltdown"

And I just tried calling Mike & Trevor to hang out but both said they "Have business to deal with"

Someone2222
  • Someone2222

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Have you done the mission that Trevor meet Martin Madrazo ?

If you did, you will not be able to swicth to them until an Michael mission is unlocked and you must go there as Franklin.

Sorry, can't help you anymore, or maybe it is a problem whit the copy, or maybe you should restat the game.

Someone2222
  • Someone2222

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

About the grass roots ( Franklin ) if you don't know the cars location, just search on Youtube, like i did.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I'm assuming your last story mission was the one that ends with Trevor kidnapping Patricia--- "Caida Libre"--- Michael and Trevor are in hiding...

There should be green M at Michaels house-- go there as Franklin-- this will start mission cutscenes that will eventually be a Trevor mission-- Minor Turbulence.

I'm not positive but I'm relatively certain you don't have to do S & F (grass roots) missions to advance the story missions-- I've never tried to verify this so if anyone knows this to be false, please correct me...

TheSovietTurnip
  • TheSovietTurnip

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

My last mission was "The Multi Target Assassination" - The one Lester gives Franklin where he wants you to kill the 4 members of the jury with that anti-smoking crap.

As this point I might just start a new game, I don't think I did that much of the story anyway. Thanks for everyone giving me a hand with this though, much appreciated.

Voggens
  • Voggens

Vraiment Crazy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

The missions you mentioned are optional, in some way, but are you absolutely sure that your last STORYLINE mission wasn't Caída Libre or Deep Inside?

Check the completed missions list in the Pause Menu.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

The missions you mentioned are optional, in some way, but are you absolutely sure that your last STORYLINE mission wasn't Caída Libre or Deep Inside?

Check the completed missions list in the Pause Menu.

^^^^^^

What he said-- the assassination missions are considered "story" missions but other then the first one, can be put off...

Please list your last several missions completed.... I think you are farther then you think.

I tried looking for your GTAF name on the Rockstar Social club to check your missions completed-- I found a "SovietTurnip" but the stats are apparently not synced-- everything was 0's with no missions completed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users