Unpopular Opinions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
195 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:46 AM Edited by WBaker, 14 April 2014 - 07:51 AM.

Popular, or unpopular, share your opinion. The next generation of the unpopular opinion thread is not so boldy going where others have gone before.

Sorry if this is too soon, but hopefully we've all learned from our mistakes. Lets have a few ground rules.

1) Don't start a land war in Asia.
2) Don't dwell upon any particular opinion excessively. If you don't know what excessive is, it's certainly when a moderator politely asks you to STFU.
3) Commit forum suicide elsewhere.
4) Have fun. Not having fun is a bannable offense.
5) Respect the forum rules. No hateful opinions or personal attacks in particular.
6) At a certain point, as determined by common sense, take your discussion of opinions to PMs. Give everyone a chance to share theirs, and don't dwell.

That's a rather long intro, but I want a opinion thread because I just watched Django and it sucked. Comments on this forum led me to believe it would be good, but it's easily QT's worst movie.

What is your opinion?
  • ryan_J and Shah Sam like this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by iEdwin, 14 April 2014 - 08:03 AM.

My opinion?

I think that I have some serious problems, because I read the OP three times now and I'm still unsure what the purpose of this thread is.

To share opinions on what, WBaker?

Spoiler

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

My opinion?
I think that I have some serious problems, because I read the OP three times now and I'm still unsure what the purpose of this thread is.
To share opinions on what, WBaker?

Spoiler

Share opinions on anything. It's a continuation of the unpopular opinion thread. Few of those opinions were actually unpopular, hence the simpler name.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Though I have a feeling this may get locked for being too general I quite like it.

My opinion is that hating on religion has become so boring and commonplace, sure you may not agree with religion, I don't in many ways but some people just bring up the subject of how terrible religion is when it has nothing to do with the original subject. It's life a boring fad, why can't people just let people believe what they want to believe as long as its not harming anyone. A lot of people just do it because it is the 'in thing' to do. Oh well that's culture I guess. 

• WBaker likes this

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

My opinion is in life, there is always that vague smell of bullsh*t. We usually try to sugar-coat it, others prefer to polish the bullsh*t. But we must know, that our bullsh*t will always be there.

It's just a matter of how we feel at ease, or at one, with the bullsh*t. Once we do find peace with the bullsh*t, is when the bullsh*t will no longer prevail to us.
  • Doc Rikowski, Slave Boy and WBaker like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

• Bartleby, stu and Coat. like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Well, my sister just left for school, and Victorious is on and I started to turn it off, because the background noise gets irritating whenever I try to sleep, but there was a little skit where they were parodying The Wizard of Oz, and it was actually kinda funny. They had Ariana Grande speaking in her exaggerated voice for the part of Dorothy (https://www.youtube....h?v=4o7Hi1HuPdc, for a short example), and that was kinda neat to see on the show too. I walked in to feed my cats and now there's a panel of judges on some sort of game show re-capping the episode. I would have loved to watch that sort of thing when I was a kid. Maybe the newer children's television shows aren't all that bad.

Another TV opinion: We upgraded to digital cable service, so I can get some channels over 100 now. They're mostly government sponsored channels, and C-SPAN. I decided to watch a few government proceedings because I was bored, and they were kinda entertaining. The inside of the courtrooms, and all the old-fashioned looking government types also give the program a nostalgic look to it.

I think if you want to criticize something, especially something accessible to you, you ought to take a look at it first because whatever it is, it might surprise you. :)

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by Voodoo, 14 April 2014 - 02:20 PM.

nlV2yRa.jpg

"Opinions are like assholes, Taylor. Everybody got one."

The other threads are full of popular opinions, so to avoid confusion I'm going to narrow the focus here and we'll try the unpopular version again.  Everyone follow WB's rules in the OP. You can put your opinions here whether you think they are unpopular or not. Fighting and spam will get this locked and binned.

• sivispacem, WBaker and theadmiral like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

I think we can all agree with that rule. That activity should really be confined to having confrontations with Feroci Racing members in the OGA section.

OT:

Vegan sausages taste pretty much just as good as regular ones. Except for Tofurky.

• Moonshield and JIMHO like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

I think we can all agree with that rule. That activity should really be confined to having confrontations with Feroci Racing members in the OGA section.

That was actually what rule #1 was about. Also, there is a theory that anything that happened over a month ago is ancient history by forum standards.

I've never tried vegetarian snausage, but it's not an appealing thought. Neither is mass produced, store bought sausage for that matter. There is a lovely Tyrolean sausage, and Kielbasa I'll occasionally order. That and the odd venison links I am sometimes given make the others seem quite bad.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by livejoker, 14 April 2014 - 03:00 PM.

This may be a popular opinion but I'll get called out for this:

I had a girl in my class in highschool that loved basketball so much, if there was a math question and she got confused, she would ask the teacher, "so if I was x miles from there, using this angle, would it make the ball go in the basket?" I'll give it to her, she could spin anything into a basketball topic but I was boiling with rage when I neared graduation (she was in my class since 1st grade or so). I don't know if it's a big thing having a school president but I went to a really small school and I was known as a funny guy. I made a funny speech for my presidential election and put in a good rap in (I was part of drama/theater class and I would do a rap in a play if I could, going off-text to do so but the kids loved it). When she won, I knew it was rigged because the school I went to was big on basketball and she was pure jock, she was popular because of her spot on the basketball team. I didn't play any school sport (the only one being basketball), I read books at lunchtime. That's who I was: shy for the most part, a star for 2 minutes in front of the school. Also, I knew it was rigged as everyone told me they would vote for me after that speech. EVERYONE.

So when she was president and made a "make a comment" box that you could write on a piece of paper an idea or comment, I left one saying she was a bad president. Of course she knew it was me and talked to me in private about it. She even put a "president assistant", whatever it's called, her bestfriend who was also in the basketball team yet it was I who would go in front of the whole school to give the weekly news as she couldn't talk in front of everyone.

My unpopular opinion after that nice story is:
I hate anyone that's so passionate about something that they annoy others with it.
If you love pudding so much you talk about it all the time, offer it to others and have posters of pudding in your room, chances are I hate you.

*edit that has nothing to do with the above*

Spoiler

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

So mods locked my well-written post, Admiral calling it offensive when I clearly stated it would get heat in the first lines of my post. General Chat is a harsh place, I wonder why I come here if I'm rejected for having an idea and a genuine question to a topic that's never discussed, usually swept under the rug.

Prefacing a post by saying it is offensive does not give carte blanche to violate forum rules, m8. And on another note, your topic got locked not because of my comment or the content, but because it belonged in a different thread.

• *MURDOC* likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

So mods locked my well-written post, Admiral calling it offensive when I clearly stated it would get heat in the first lines of my post. General Chat is a harsh place, I wonder why I come here if I'm rejected for having an idea and a genuine question to a topic that's never discussed, usually swept under the rug.

Prefacing a post by saying it is offensive does not give carte blanche to violate forum rules, m8. And on another note, your topic got locked not because of my comment or the content, but because it belonged in a different thread.

Forum rules asking if girls using a mic have some sort of advantage?
I must of skipped the terms & agreement on that one.
Fair enough, though. I had a feeling it wouldn't last. :p

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

You're the kind of guy who needs to reevaluate himself (and when I mean reevaluate, I mean your whole life).

Anyways, OT:

BBQ wings suck. I don't know what it is with me, but I can't stand BBQ sauce and wings. I much prefer blue cheese and the latter.

• theadmiral likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

More like being sexist with your, 'Gaming is a guys' thing. That's a fact' Shenanigans.

• theadmiral likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 14 April 2014 - 03:24 PM.

Hipsters don't exist. The term has come to encompass so many things that singling out a person as a hipster is too easy to call them part of a subculture. Almost everyone has obscure interests here and there, and almost everyone has aesthetic tastes that might seem kind of pretentious or weird. Same thing with geek culture. Geeks stopped existing when the internet became popular.

My less unpopular opinion is that if you want to have a legit discussion about female representation in gaming, you might try the debates & discussion forum. Some people's arguments as they stand are based on personal experience, and that makes them really difficult to argue against though, so they might want to find some sort of evidence to back themselves up.

• Otter, Ermacs, SingularSoul and 1 other like this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Urban farmers are arrogant, good-for-nothing hipsters who can eat their heritage bulls' dicks because they're so dumb.

Reference: http://www.nytimes.c.../06farmers.html

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

I like summer and winter but sometimes I hate both

• Harley, Slave Boy, DeafMetal and 2 others like this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Same here. When it's summer I miss the winter, and when it's winter I miss the summer.
  • BOSS 302 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

I just watched Django and it sucked. Comments on this forum led me to believe it would be good, but it's easily QT's worst movie.
What is your opinion?

I found the movie better than just Ok. The accent of the Doctor, pace, previously uncovered subject/plot was entertaining. :^:

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Founder/C.E.O. of the Kool Kidz Klub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

You're not fat because you have a glandular problem; you're fat because you won't put down the fork.

Babies/kids aren't cute.

The American road system would work better with less signs. If we removed unnecessary signage, we would have less distractions and therefor less accidents.

• Punisher. and tali vas Normandy like this

kk.
  • kk.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by Syndrome, 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM.

GTA V story > GTA IV story

GTA IV gameplay > GTA V gameplay

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

GTA V story > GTA IV story

GTA V gameplay > GTA iV gameplay

Fixed

• DeafMetal likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

This is unpopular to people who know me:

If you die doing something stupid and preventable, I'm not gonna be sad. I'm not gonna mourn you. I'm going to call you retarded and walk the other way. I might even laugh.

Example: A guy dies by crashing his car because he was driving drunk.

Also: Committing suicide is selfish and just an overall asshole move.

• DeafMetal likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'm not that really into llamas. 

• orbitalraindrops likes this

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

I think most personality disorders are just polite ways of saying your a manipulative, self centered, over dramatic, over emotional, anxiety prone narcissist.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

When did being selfish become this horrible thing that everybody should avoid being at all costs? If I'm not going to put myself first, who will? The f*cking milkman? There's a world of difference between being a self-centered prick and simply looking out for your own best interests.

• Yolo Swaggins, na89340qv0n34b09q340, 018361 and 1 other like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

When did being selfish become this horrible thing that everybody should avoid being at all costs? If I'm not going to put myself first, who will? The f*cking milkman? There's a world of difference between being a self-centered prick and simply looking out for your own best interests.

Everyone is selfish. Most actions are selfish and usually benefit the person doing them.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

Saying "hunnit" instead of "hundred" doesn't make you look cool. It just makes you look like an idiot.

• BOSS 302 likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

f*cking Obama commies man, forcing collectivisation on us, taking away our gun rights. God damn Arab.

• JIMHO likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users