One aim mode in GTA:O Discussion

102 replies to this topic
TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Free-aim is my favourite. One thing I hate about auto-aim is the fact that somebody can nail you when you're speeding past them in a vehicle... And it's frankly way too easy and takes virtually no skill to use.

Why do you guys think FA is like brain surgery? It requires no skill, its using a joystick!  and I can still shoot you in the face with auto shotty when u drive by....

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

The bit I really don't get is how free aimers feel the need to convert the rest of the world to their point of view. No one goes round doing the same for AA.

They say free aim lobbies aren't empty, yet their doing more recruiting than the US Military...

• Mr. Crowley and LuapYllier like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Free-aim is my favourite. One thing I hate about auto-aim is the fact that somebody can nail you when you're speeding past them in a vehicle... And it's frankly way too easy and takes virtually no skill to use.

People such as myself, that would rather have a more complex aiming system, want a fight to be in favour of somebody that has more precision and skill rather than who can hold L2 and R2 the quickest. Literally, hold those two buttons down while looking in the relative direction of the enemy and you'll kill them. Not fun for me.

Something I don't understand about some AA users is how they justify that it's better than FA.

• "Free-aim takes no skill anyway": Implying that having the game aim for you does? And how come it takes no skill? No, it's not Real Life Gun Shooter 2014, but it's definitely more of a challenge (a good, fair challenge). It's also ironic that some of the people that use this excuse also claim that auto-aim is too hard to use (that's coming up).
  • "Controls suck for free-aim, aiming is too clunky, not easy to use, it doesn't work": That's because you're not used to it. There will be a short "break-in" period when starting to use free-aim when you've been letting the game aim for you for the longest time. Also, pro-tip: if other people can and like using something, it probably works; you just currently suck at it.
  • "I'm a casual gamer, free-aim is too much for me to handle": It doesn't take being an MLG gamer that devotes most of their time to playing to be able to pick up and use FA. Truth is, it is not hard to get the basics down. After a few hours of using it, you'll be on your way. Think, if you're a casual gamer, don't expect to be able to tear sh*t up like a badass in a game; like pretty much anything else in life, things are in favour of the people that are better at them.
  • "It breaks series tradition to not have AA as default": What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about GTA? Well, probably not the fact that it has auto-aim as your default setting. AA should be an optional ability for people that really hate FA or something. If FA was the default, like what's been said many times, people would feel less incentive to change over because you'd use that from the start and maybe not even know you can switch.

Sometimes it sucks not being able to find jobs for FA, and having to revert to AA to join friends because so many people don't even know they can switch/don't want to because it's the default setting is sometimes frustrating. An auto-aim mechanic that is the default (suggesting you should use it) setting in a game that has loads of PvP is pretty silly.

Free-aim is not as bad as so many make it out to be.

Seriously kid.. I don't think anyone could have said it any better. :D.

Everything you posted is spot on.

• The Actual Kid likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Hit'em with the sickness

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

The sensitivity is so slow to begin with, even on max. I hate the aiming system in gta v all together

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

The sensitivity is so slow to begin with, even on max. I hate the aiming system in gta v all together

Turn up the sensitivity...  Or don't hold the LT constantly..

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I understand the OP's point that FA and AA separates the community.  But until the miserable console controllers improve, I need auto-aim.  So I vote for AA to be the only mode.

But it's BS, since it's more like an aimbot. It should be more like CoD, where it helps you aim at the enemy, but it doesn't lock on. It's just insane that all you have to do is hold down 2 buttons to aim and shoot, you don't even need to look. Just my 2 cents

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Riznind, 15 April 2014 - 03:22 PM.

They say free aim lobbies aren't empty, yet their doing more recruiting than the US Military...

The problem is more that most free aimers stay in free roam or only doing missions and no tdm.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

The issue is that there are some very good FA/AA players, then there are some not as good FA/AA players. For example, my buddy is an excellent at free aim FPS games, but when he plays GTA and tries FA he can't hit what he's trying to shoot at all and gets his arse handed to him. That same buddy, mind you, isn't very good at lasertag...

The same goes for me (well, not the lasertag part). I can hold my own in FPS like COD and Battlefield, but I find that I am not very good with the FA in GTA. If I had to be integrated into one specific aim category, I would feel cheated, as I prefer the choice of switching from AA to FA at random.

• LuapYllier likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Bottom line...why do any of you care what aim I use? There is only one reason...people in FA are finding it hard to fill jobs.

Sorry. Sucks for you I guess.
  • Mr. Crowley likes this

The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Why do you guys think FA is like brain surgery? It requires no skill, its using a joystick!  and I can still shoot you in the face with auto shotty when u drive by....

If you read my post, I stated that it's not extremely difficult to pick up, though people with experience will have an advantage. Of course it's possible to shoot somebody driving by, but compare the chances of hitting a dude zooming past at 200 kilometres per hour in AA and FA, then come back and talk to me.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Bottom line...why do any of you care what aim I use? There is only one reason...people in FA are finding it hard to fill jobs.
Sorry. Sucks for you I guess.

Most of us don't care. And your logic is a total failure. Only reason I respond to these threads is because auto aim players have some seriously f*cked up logic, just like you.
  • SmokeDat likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

How about no, it's different aiming styles for a reason, people have different preferences.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Turn up the sensitivity...  Or don't hold the LT constantly..

That's the problem... we can't even use LT/L2 without being in a disadvantage. This is the only game I've played where hip-firing (RT/R2) is far superior to precision aiming.

• Riznind likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users