Why does Trevor start with so much money

55 replies to this topic
Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

We learn that Michael is loosing a lot of money trying to play the stock market

where do we learn that? i remember michael telling lester he's not into those things when lester first recommended him after the jay norris mission.

Go on a hang out with amanda and she mentions it. Also when shes drunk she speaks the truth and reveals intersting things

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

Exactly as others have said. Meth dealing, TPI company, that sort of stuff. 

Trevor's lifestyle has something to do with it too.

Good example...even now with 16 million dollars, you'll still find Trevor rifling through a bin for food. (The cutscene where he grabs a taco off a Mexican dude, sniffs it then throws it at him.)

That's one of my favorite random Trevor moments, only when I get it it's usually a white guy eating a hot dog.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Wow, the dumb sh*t that asked this stupid question...

He has a huge meth dealing business. Enough said. We knew this before the game was even out... And you know it pretty much before the game even starts. You on crack?

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

He has a huge meth dealing business. Enough said. We knew this before the game was even out... And you know it pretty much before the game even starts. You on crack?

You haven't even read my questions properly u f*ckin idiot! I'm aware that he should have money from his meth business. My point is that we should have had to do more than 1 or 2 missions before we could buy into Oscar's business, so we felt like we'd earned it a bit. I don't want to have to play the bullsh*t online to get some backstory on Trevor's current situation either. We could have actually, u know, sold some meth or something!

Learn to read properly!

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I always thought it was some of the money he got away with in the prologue.

No, Brad was holding the duffel bags with Michael's and Trevor's money and Brad got shot so they didn't get the money in time since Trevor ran away.

It's kind of ironic that Michael lives in a smart house but struggles for cash, and Trevor lives in a dump yet is consistently wealthy.

Trevor doesn't really care where he lives, i think he's too high on meth (or any other drug) to really care, but Michael can't really live like Trevor because he has got a family to support (also i don't really think Michael would want to live in those conditions anyway.)

Well Michael lives like a pig when his family leave him, smelly old pizza boxes, no maid, etc, so those conditions may suit him more than we mite think. M's story reflects  the trappings of material wealth, but I think he's still Mid Western trailer trash at heart.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Trevor doesn't really care where he lives, i think he's too high on meth (or any other drug) to really care, but Michael can't really live like Trevor because he has got a family to support (also i don't really think Michael would want to live in those conditions anyway.)

Well Michael lives like a pig when his family leave him, smelly old pizza boxes, no maid, etc, so those conditions may suit him more than we mite think. M's story reflects  the trappings of material wealth, but I think he's still Mid Western trailer trash at heart.

Wait what? Not having a maid and leaving a pizza box out for a couple days in your MANSION means you live like a pig? Is it really comparable to living in a rusty trailer in the poorest part of the state covered in drug paraphernalia and decomposing food?

I kind of get the point you are trying to make but I believe the only reason Michael cares a little less about his living conditions when his family leaves is because he feels he has nothing to live for, no motivation to clean the house or any of that domestic nonsense, also I think the maid just left because rockstar wanted to do a better job at making the house feel empty in this part of the story and having a maid walking around the place cleaning wouldn't really do well in enforcing that feel. 

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Wait what? Not having a maid and leaving a pizza box out for a couple days in your MANSION means you live like a pig? Is it really comparable to living in a rusty trailer in the poorest part of the state covered in drug paraphernalia and decomposing food?

I kind of get the point you are trying to make but I believe the only reason Michael cares a little less about his living conditions when his family leaves is because he feels he has nothing to live for, no motivation to clean the house or any of that domestic nonsense, also I think the maid just left because rockstar wanted to do a better job at making the house feel empty in this part of the story and having a maid walking around the place cleaning wouldn't really do well in enforcing that feel. 

The maid is quite irrelevant I suppose, but leaving a smelly pizza box with flies there for possibly weeks, not just days, is being a lazy, bone idle, pig IMHO, even at my most depressed times I could throw a f*ckin pizza box in the bin. However, this is just my view on that part of the story, and I agree with your overall POV.

My point really was that I don't see Michael as being that much different from Trevor as far as their true nature goes. Michael is just more driven by material gain, and is therefore, more relatable for most people.

M45T3RM1ND
  • M45T3RM1ND

Maccer

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Michael and Amanda have both pissed their savings away, Franklin is still hustling for cash, and Trevor has his own semi-successful meth and arms dealing company. Also, Wade mentions that Trevor is really good with money in the Scouting The Port mission.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

My point really was that I don't see Michael as being that much different from Trevor as far as their true nature goes. Michael is just more driven by material gain, and is therefore, more relatable for most people.

BOOM! You just hit the nail on the head!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

I remember before V came out, we always thought Trevor would be the poorest. It turned out to be quite the opposite.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Also didn't feel right Trevor starting with more money than Michael.

It's a cash versus assets thing. Michael has to pay a mortgage on a Rockford Hills mansion - and a wife to "help" him spend what is left. He could sell a lot of stuff if he needed money and had to. The value of Michael, Amanda and Tracey's cars are probably more than the money Trevor starts with and all his assets put together. Trevor's got a drugs trade to bring in cash, but most likely very few outgoings. The trailer doesn't look like he has to invest much in the upkeep.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

It's a cash versus assets thing. Michael has to pay a mortgage on a Rockford Hills mansion - and a wife to "help" him spend what is left. He could sell a lot of stuff if he needed money and had to. The value of Michael, Amanda and Tracey's cars are probably more than the money Trevor starts with and all his assets put together. Trevor's got a drugs trade to bring in cash, but most likely very few outgoings. The trailer doesn't look like he has to invest much in the upkeep.

Good points, makes a lot of sense.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

You haven't even read my questions properly u f*ckin idiot! I'm aware that he should have money from his meth business. My point is that we should have had to do more than 1 or 2 missions before we could buy into Oscar's business, so we felt like we'd earned it a bit. I don't want to have to play the bullsh*t online to get some backstory on Trevor's current situation either. We could have actually, u know, sold some meth or something!

Learn to read properly!

You still make zero sense.

Trevor was already rich before we come into the game. Why wouldn't he have already bought Oscar's business etc... He wasn't just sitting around waiting for us to play the game before he decided to spend his money.

Same reason Michael already lives in a Vinewood mansion when we start the game...

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by EM_JAY_86, 16 April 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Learn to read properly!

Trevor was already rich before we come into the game. Why wouldn't he have already bought Oscar's business etc... He wasn't just sitting around waiting for us to play the game before he decided to spend his money.

Same reason Michael already lives in a Vinewood mansion when we start the game...

Fair point, but my post still makes plenty of sense. It would have been good to have a few more money making missions, to feel like we've earned what's likely to be the first property we purchase. Even if it was just to make the last few thousand dollars he needed to buy in.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:42 AM

I understand that he would have earned money before we were introduced to him, but why start with that much? We were basically given the aircraft hanger and Oscar's business (or part of). Trevor should have had to earn at least some of the money towards it.

He made it from Depot (prologue) job 

• LotusRIP likes this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by EM_JAY_86, 16 April 2014 - 01:50 AM.

I understand that he would have earned money before we were introduced to him, but why start with that much? We were basically given the aircraft hanger and Oscar's business (or part of). Trevor should have had to earn at least some of the money towards it.

I don't think he did. I think someone mentioned that Trevor never had a bag when he escaped from the prologue mission. Also, in the Merryweather train mission, Trevor mentions that he couldn't access his money from older jobs because Michael f*cked up the accounts, or something like that. So there's a chance that Trevor had no money, and started from scratch in Blaine County, or somewhere else beforehand. 

• Muhammad Hamdan likes this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Learn to read properly!

Fair point, but my post still makes plenty of sense. It would have been good to have a few more money making missions, to feel like we've earned what's likely to be the first property we purchase. Even if it was just to make the last few thousand dollars he needed to buy in.

Sorry dude. I see the point you make now. I agree there should be more missions like that

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

I don't think he did. I think someone mentioned that Trevor never had a bag when he escaped from the prologue mission. Also, in the Merryweather train mission, Trevor mentions that he couldn't access his money from older jobs because Michael f*cked up the accounts, or something like that. So there's a chance that Trevor had no money, and started from scratch in Blaine County, or somewhere else beforehand. 

Yeah Could be 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

It's fundraising money for Mr Raspberry Jam.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

His money comes from the meth dealings and from small heists.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

I know the money is from his meth business, but my question is why (during the story) do we not actually make money from his meth business? I mean the whole time he's got a lab and producing meth, but not once since we take control of him does he earn anything from it.
  • EM_JAY_86 likes this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Learn to read properly!

Sorry dude. I see the point you make now. I agree there should be more missions like that

No worries. Glad u see what I was getting at.

I know the money is from his meth business, but my question is why (during the story) do we not actually make money from his meth business? I mean the whole time he's got a lab and producing meth, but not once since we take control of him does he earn anything from it.

Good point!

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

For two reasons, I think: the events of Trevor's missions up to Friend's Reunited would make the drug business side of TPE almost impossible to keep up, since he went from small-time dealer to mortal enemy of all his competitors in Blaine County.  In those missions, he was effectively destroying his own business in numerous fits of rage. In the past, he may've hired people to steal product from his competitors, but that doesn't compare to killing or threatening the lives of the bosses of other factions (or their family).  However, by buying the McKenzie Airstrip, he opens up a new market by going into arms smuggling.

Secondly, TPE needs Trevor to be run effectively, but once Trevor finds out about Michael, he has other things on his mind.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

The money didn't belong to Trevor, it belonged to his business.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

The money didn't belong to Trevor, it belonged to his business.

Ye, but it is HIS business. Don't think he has much outgoings as far as wages goes. He f*cks Ron out of his share in the airstrip mission, and probably just lets Wade smoke up as a means of payment.

silencedfrags
  • silencedfrags

Hello Everyone!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Meth mainly and his girlfriend

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users