Change custom ADDED (not replaced) car's Ingame name and sound

3 replies to this topic
JaggerPT
  • JaggerPT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

First of, I'm new to this forum so... Hi Everyone!

My question/suggestion/ideia is if it is possible to, while ADDING (not replacing) a car, also change it's sound to a completely diiffrent sound (editted by me or someone else in Audacity or whatever) that is a modsound (isn't already in the game) and still not replacing any of the existing sounds that currently the game has?

Well if it is possible and there is already a tutorial on it, please link it to me since I tried to find anything and I couldn't. If it isn't possible and/or no one has thought of it yet (which I doubt) let me explain my ideia a little bit better:

When you are adding a new car, you have to create a new file called newveh and then toss the given files to it, etc, etc... This is not meant to be a tutorial but if anyone is looking for an excelent tutorial click here (Not made by me but is excelent anyways :)). While doing all those things when you go edit the veichle.ide file the forth time a car name is written it isn't the name of your custom car, is the name of the car you wish to take the sounds from, and it also is the name that will appear ingame when you enter the veichle. Since, obviously, if, for example, in the fourth time a veichle name is written Comet, that the game has the instructions to redirect to the Comet's sound location, which is located in a file called STREAMED_VEICHLES.rpf with the name of, in the case of the Comet, SUPERCAR_2, if you want a complete list of what sounds correspond to each veichle click here (Again, not made by me, but excelent anyways!). What I wonder is if it is possible, by editing other game files (in the same way we edited handling.dat and stuff) that have to do with the car sounds, we can ADD custom sounds to STREAMED_VEICHLES.rpf with a name we define, than edit the forth veichle name in veichles.ide to whatever name we would like to apear ingame when we enter the veichle, and then edit some file that I don't know which, and tell the game thay if it is written, for example, LP700 in the forth veichle name, than use/redirect to the pack of sounds inside STREAMED_VEICHLES.rpf that we have created. This way it would be a triple-win scenario since every car currently in game would have it's sounds untouched/unmodified, we could edit what car name we would like to apear ingame when we enter the veichle, and also have completly custom sounds for them, again, without replacing any existing ones...

This is just an ideia, and I'm open to any discussion or question you might have about my ideia/plan!

I hope it was a good reading at least!

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

hmm, if something like this would work, it would be a breaktrough for IV Modding :p

JaggerPT
  • JaggerPT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by JaggerPT, 17 April 2014 - 04:58 PM.

I don't know if something like this would work, but it makes some sense! ;)

Try to speak to anyone you know who REALLY understands about GTA IV Modding and tak about this ideia with them or link them to this thread...

I have the feeling this culd be possible I just don't have the skills to make it happen :(

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by stef538, 17 April 2014 - 05:48 PM.

I will try to search in the common/data files for something..

- EDIT I couldn't really find something.. same for /PC/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users