Why bother including Bully and Manhunt

18 replies to this topic
DCBlackbird
  • DCBlackbird

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Don't get me wrong I love both of these games(I'm a bit mixed on Manhunt 2)but I never really got why R* wanted to make this universe of three franchises if there wasn't going to be any impact on each other. Sure they mention police chief Gary Schaffer on Chatterbox but that's not really substantial.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

The worlds don't impact each other, so they don't actually co-exist (yet?). There's no reason to expect them to either, they're just shout-outs to make fans of Rockstar smile.

Like, the Rockstar logos on clothes doesn't mean Rockstar is an established brand of clothing in-universe. They're just little Easter eggs put in for fun. :)

• *MURDOC* and Deus Ex like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

I think it's to make the GTA world a bit bigger. After all, I hear about NYC in the news all the time even though I've never been there.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

It's just to tie everything up nicely. Ubisoft has a bunch of their games in same universe too... like Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. No big reason apart from just being a neat little thing.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 April 2014 - 07:17 PM.

I think it's to make the GTA world a bit bigger. After all, I hear about NYC in the news all the time even though I've never been there.

This...Just This :)

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

I like them as fun easter eggs, but that's how they should stay. 

I don't see how any of the three series would benefit from integration... Besides, I've never liked Bully in the first place.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

I like them as fun easter eggs, but that's how they should stay. 

I don't see how any of the three series would benefit from integration... Besides, I've never liked Bully in the first place.

It's kinda obvious they aren't going to make Carcer City into GTA anyway. If they were, they could've in the III era. But now, I just see them repeating the III-era cities in HD.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Besides, I've never liked Bully in the first place.

You, me: mortal enemies.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

As Universetwisters said. To add depth to the universe. Make it feel like an actual universe that's larger than just the locations depicted in GTA. Some GTA fans kind of get tunnel vision when thinking about the universe and that shows in the San Fierro and Las Venturas threads. Just because SF and LV weren't in GTA V it doesn't mean they fell into the ocean and disappeared. They are just in an unseen part of the country. I think they dropped hints at Bullworth and Carcer City in GTA to help the fans realize that the universe is a larger entity.

It should be called "The Rockstar Universe" And Bully, GTA, Manhunt 1&2 and probably RDR are included.   

• SonofLosSantos likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

It should be called "The Rockstar Universe" And Bully, GTA, Manhunt 1&2 and probably RDR are included.   

The problem would be the 3D/HD era stuff.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Never Born, Never Dead

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

probably RDR are included.   

RDR isn't included in that universe, or I would think because it does mention New York City and Chicago. Obviously New York City is Liberty City, and Chicago is Carcer City if i'm not mistaken.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by gtamann123, 17 April 2014 - 12:48 PM.

Well I always envision there being HD era versions of Bullworth and Carcer City out there. If there ever was a new Manhunt mad eit would probably be an HD Carcer City which would make it official that there was an HD version of Carcer City. And there was the reference to Bullworth on the TV in GTA IV that hints at it being around in the HD era.

probably RDR are included.   

RDR isn't included in that universe, or I would think because it does mention New York City and Chicago. Obviously New York City is Liberty City, and Chicago is Carcer City if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah that's true. Which is strange because it uses fictional place names yet makes so many references to outside locations that it is pretty much in our universe. Maybe we can ignore mentions to unseen real life cities? Because there was the infamous "See ya in Miami kid" line from GTA 3. Which leads me to believe that Rockstar thinks they can bend the rules and still keep a game within univierse.

I would really love for RDR to be in universe with GTA I think it would be incredible if we got some reference to RDR in the next GTA game that brings it full circle and really fleshes out the universe and brings it full circle and adds some history to the world.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Well I always envision there being HD era versions of Bullworth and Carcer City out there. If there ever was a new Manhunt mad eit would probably be an HD Carcer City which would make it official that there was an HD version of Carcer City. And there was the reference to Bullworth on the TV in GTA IV that hints at it being around in the HD era.

Bullworth was also mentioned in the 3D era, which, in a unofficial way, connect the HD era and the 3D era. Strange...

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

When was Bullworth mentioned in the 3D era?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

I would really love for RDR to be in universe with GTA I think it would be incredible if we got some reference to RDR in the next GTA game that brings it full circle and really fleshes out the universe and brings it full circle and adds some history to the world.

I don't know if it counts or not, but John Marston is an optional parent/grandparent when creating a character in GTA: Online.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

I don't know if it counts or not, but John Marston is an optional parent/grandparent when creating a character in GTA: Online.

Franklin also owns a book published by a guy named J. Marston.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

I really don't count the Marston being a GTAO online parent as any confirmation of anything. 

The thing is its kind of a grey area with RDR. Some things lead me to believe it COULD be in the same universe as GTA such as the fictional location names. But then stuff leads me to believe otherwise such as the references to Chicago and New York. 

One thing though is that I am 100% sure the Manhunt games take place in the same universe as the 3D era games atleast. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Aren't there billboards from LCS in that one manhunt level where you have to assassinate that guy and run around those rooftops?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

I never played Manhunt but watched a lot videos on YouTube. So I am no expert and Don't really know exactly what links it. Other than direct references to Carcer City in GTA and references to San Fierro in Manhunt. And GTA vehicles seen in Manhunt. As well as a references to the events of Manhunt on the radio in GTA 3. 

But the events of both Manhunts were in the 3D era. We will have to wait for a Manhunt 3 (Which will most likely never happen) to find out if it exists in the HD era. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users