• Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

I'm the master of ninja editing around these parts. No one can out ninja edit me.

In all seriousness he's right about GTAO.
  • warlord GTAV likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 14 April 2014 - 04:22 AM.

In what way did it begin to feel like splinter cell, The sims or COD. I just cant see the similarities.

GTA is an action/adventure game with a criminal theme. Unfortunately, our favourite forum troll, Official General, is having an extremely difficult (purposely provoking stubbornness and bitterness) time of accepting that government corruption is a form of crime; a form of crime that happens to rack up on a more imposing and international scale. Such a delve into this welcome new direction opened up opportunities for fun and epic gameplay- as evidenced by many of the missions in V.

Official General wanted, and prematurely convinced himself that V was going to be a ghetto gangsta game with an ex bank robber getting involved, and he's so upset that the game didn't deliver his SA 2.0-esque requirements, that he feels the need to label the game a "yoga simulator", "Splinter Cell game", "non-crime GTA", etc. This is why he thinks GTA V "lost its feel" as soon as Trevor came into the scene- as at this point, Franklin and his ghetto antics took a backseat, and a more fresher narrative begun to take stage.

:^:

This

But Official General is right about what GTA V is. The game is no where close to how older games played. 

I personal would call this game GTSims V. 

How?

Can you kill people? Check.

Can you steal cars? Check. 

Is there a wanted system? Check. 

IS there a wide selection of weapons? Check.

Can you perform criminal related activities? Check. (Bail Bonds, Rampages, Armored Truck Robberies, Convenience Store Robberies, Criminal related stranger and freaks missions) Before anyone asks.

As for the story:

Is there criminals in the story? Check. (Martin, Lamar, Lester, Wei, Rocco, Stretch, Brad) before anyone asks. 

Does the story have atleast 50 missions? Check. 

Do you work for certain people? Check. 

Do you work for a certain person for a large amount of the story? Check. (This has happened in previous GTA games) 

So what takes away the feeling of GTA V not feeling like a GTA? 

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

prove it.

I knew you'd ask, so I did exactly that:

uRHWWMS.png

• Miamivicecity, Johan, Lelouch vi Britannia and 2 others like this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

how did I know you would do something like that,but really what I said EDITED version is true

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

how did I know you would do something like that,but really what I said EDITED version is true

If you think it's true, then this is for you: http://gifsound.com/...f&v=kxopViU98Xo

• Miamivicecity and Johan like this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

no point arguing with you,you always stick up for online

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

It was a joke dude.

• Miamivicecity likes this

GtaivCop
  • GtaivCop

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

It felt like the Sims on crack.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:19 AM Edited by warlord GTAV, 14 April 2014 - 06:20 AM.

don't think it felt like sims can you shoot people in the head point blank range or burn a dead body in the sims? list goes on and on

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

don't think it felt like sims can you shoot people in the head point blank range or burn a dead body in the sims? list goes on and on

I suggest you play the Sims again and come back later. You can kill people in the Sims, I have done it. If you play the first Sims game, you can hire a clown to come to your house, get some fireworks and light them, get the clown real close to the fireworks so that when they go off, the clown will catch on fire along with the entire house. So you can kill people in the Sims. So he's right, it is. GTA V is the Sims on crack.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

I suggest you play the Sims again and come back later. You can kill people in the Sims, I have done it. If you play the first Sims game, you can hire a clown to come to your house, get some fireworks and light them, get the clown real close to the fireworks so that when they go off, the clown will catch on fire along with the entire house. So you can kill people in the Sims. So he's right, it is. GTA V is the Sims on crack.

Or building rooms with no doors and watching them starve to death. That's the best haha.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

f*ck its nothing like gta its a joke to compare the 2

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:50 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Ahh yeah, for XBOX users. I'm not surprised.

I highly doubt there's much of a difference on the PS3.

Does SONY release stuff like this?

More GTA fans on PS3 while there's more causal fans on Xbox 360. 

wer da statistics boi QusN3.jpg
On VGchartz,GTA5 PS3 version has sold 17+ml copies and the XB360 version has sold 13+ml copies,althogether GTA5 has sold a combined 30+ml copies worldwide...

In what way did it begin to feel like splinter cell, The sims or COD. I just cant see the similarities.

GTA is an action/adventure game with a criminal theme. Unfortunately, our favourite forum troll, Official General, is having an extremely difficult (purposely provoking stubbornness and bitterness) time of accepting that government corruption is a form of crime; a form of crime that happens to rack up on a more imposing and international scale. Such a delve into this welcome new direction opened up opportunities for fun and epic gameplay- as evidenced by many of the missions in V.

Official General wanted, and prematurely convinced himself that V was going to be a ghetto gangsta game with an ex bank robber getting involved, and he's so upset that the game didn't deliver his SA 2.0-esque requirements, that he feels the need to label the game a "yoga simulator", "Splinter Cell game", "non-crime GTA", etc. This is why he thinks GTA V "lost its feel" as soon as Trevor came into the scene- as at this point, Franklin and his ghetto antics took a backseat, and a more fresher narrative begun to take stage.

:^:
This

But Official General is right about what GTA V is. The game is no where close to how older games played. 

I personal would call this game GTSims V. 

How?

Can you kill people? Check.
Can you steal cars? Check. 
Is there a wanted system? Check. 
IS there a wide selection of weapons? Check.
Can you perform criminal related activities? Check. (Bail Bonds, Rampages, Armored Truck Robberies, Convenience Store Robberies, Criminal related stranger and freaks missions) Before anyone asks.

As for the story:
Is there criminals in the story? Check. (Martin, Lamar, Lester, Wei, Rocco, Stretch, Brad) before anyone asks. 
Does the story have atleast 50 missions? Check. 
Do you work for certain people? Check. 
Do you work for a certain person for a large amount of the story? Check. (This has happened in previous GTA games) 

So what takes away the feeling of GTA V not feeling like a GTA? 
This...Just This ;)

Side Note:Does it destroy the GTA franchise and not stick to it roots like cough (SR3/4) cough?Definitely No :lol:

Phillyboy
  • Phillyboy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

For a GTA game I have to say that V plays the best.  IV was fun, but the driving was a little TOO realistic.  All the cars had a squirrelly ass end and they were a bit too hard to control at speed.  I like that in V you can flip your vehicle back over and control its yaw and pitch while in the air.

From a gameplay perspective, V is the best.  They've made it challenging, but cut out all the unnecessarily frustrating bits.  For the first time, EVERY time I die, I know it's because I f*cked up at some point.

Driving is more realistic now.  It felt like driving a boat on jelly last time.

• warlord GTAV likes this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

driving is def better now doesn't feel like you slide all over the place the cars actually have grip

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Driving went into extremum and it seems like R* can't find the balance point. In IV it was a bit too boaty, in V cars have grip and weight of a tank. IV needed some tweaks to be really great (they started fixing it in TBoGT), but V broke it again. 

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

For a GTA game I have to say that V plays the best.  IV was fun, but the driving was a little TOO realistic.  All the cars had a squirrelly ass end and they were a bit too hard to control at speed.  I like that in V you can flip your vehicle back over and control its yaw and pitch while in the air.

From a gameplay perspective, V is the best.  They've made it challenging, but cut out all the unnecessarily frustrating bits.  For the first time, EVERY time I die, I know it's because I f*cked up at some point.

Driving is more realistic now.  It felt like driving a boat on jelly last time.

Is more realistic now??? explain how the f*ck can a sports car drive up a hill better than a f*cking off road vehicle? 

And it's not that we find GTA V  a bad game, it's just that some features that were implemented in its predecessor were removed, some others were added but with flaws (the police system) and overall we feel like this game coul've had so much potential but it didn't live up to the expectations that we had, but listen here, Rockstar gave us a reason to have them: trailers, screenshots, magazine previews, etc, and I kinda feel they let us down on this one, I for one still have hope on their next project of the franchise, but to be honest I think they'll focus on the Online factor this time, which is not bad at all but it isn't what most of us want. Other thing that f*cked us up (expectations- wise) was that they tried to be too ambitious: 3 protagonists, the biggest map they've ever made, an "incredible, beautiful" online mode but that didn't work out too well for us gameplay wise: 69 missions, all following a restrictive way, inconsistent storyline, vehicle handling downgraded, weapon wheel not as fluid as in RDR, glitches post release and don't forget GTA Online's first days after launch. That said they shouldn't be sleeping on their laurels because they already know that even if they make a game that is nowhere as good as their previous iteration they will still be earning loads of cash just for their name stamped on it.

• Official General, G.S.T, Osho and 1 other like this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by sibs44, 14 April 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Why is everyone complaining that V is the sims when SA is the most sims style gta ever? You all did this to yourself. Had you not complained about IV or wanted SA2 badly enough, V may not have even been set in SA again.

daley86
  • daley86

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

i love V. So many improvements over IV but my only complaint is that there is far too much baron land. When i drive out into the country/desert it doesn't take long before i head ack to the city due to boredom. in SA you had other big cities to drive to and the countryside was the in between but it just feels like there's not a whole lot to leave the city for now.

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

It feels exactly like a GTA to me, it actually feels more like a GTA than IV did. The previous GTAs all had a sense of humour with some great satire and they were self aware. The games had a sense of fun about them. Whilst delivering a decent story, they never took themselves too seriously. The characters (especially the side characters) were all quite funny. Basically, the games were fun and had a sense of humor.

The IV came along with their focus on a gritty crime drama style story. It took itself way too seriously and just lacked than fun and magic from the older games. It was a great game, but to me at least, it didn't feel like the GTA games I had been playing since the very first one. Whilst not reaching the heights of the games of old, to me V was a throw back to that time when a big part of GTA was goofy/controversial humor and having fun.

People are quick to bring The Sims up as a comparison to V, but which of the games had a big focus on dating and maintaining friendships through performing activities together? IV. Which game had you work out to improve your body and fitness AND also forced you to eat? SA. V is probably further removed from The Sims than those two games.

TL:DNR
Yes, GTA V feels like a GTA game. Infact Moreso than GTA IV.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Call me crazy, but I think GTA V feels more like a GTA game than IV did. I agree there's still stuff missing, but there's a smaller focus on realism in some parts and doesn't take itself as seriously as IV did.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by bikerman3, 14 April 2014 - 12:01 PM.

I feel the same too. But, nobody cares about those great old GTA. People have changed and New Players don't give a sh*t about those Classics. It's all about Graphics, Big Maps, and Online :/ R.I.P Good Old GTA Days :/

Few Pointers: ( IMO )
1. None of the Protagonists are interesting
2. Map still has restrictions on accessing most common areas we used to easily enter on Day 1 release of EVERY GTA.
3. Same thing with Weapons, Vehicles and even few most common features missing in this most ambitious GTA.
4. For the first time, TWO separate games are equally promoted, of which Single Player is still left to get it's major update since release.
Say hello to ONLINE, and give a warm welcome to soooo many amazing gaming hours waiting for you.
5. It's a Big Map with many mountains, roads and deserts. Looks like "A Planet of the Apes" situation, if you stand on top of Mount Chiliad.
6. sh*tty Side Characters, so much cursing, sick moments. It's actually much worse in V than in the past. They could have toned down a bit with more meaningful elements.
7. Where's the Challenge? Missions fail to catch my interest in the long run. Also, many things are still rough, requires few tweaks and patching.
8. AI has improved but the cop system has got slight an upper hand that creates more annoyances than challenge.
9. Quite a few, but important things are missing from the amount of activities available after story. New Elements are a nice addition but nit fully realise. It has so much potential. They left it at basic level of tasks to complete but, as in past GTAs, it's nowhere near as engaging and fun. Example: Yoga.
I was expecting bigger tasks that requires more brains and balls, than some stupid little sissy exercise mini-game. f*ck you, whoever thought about having yoga.
10. A lot of promising updates are taking so much time that Rockstar has got no time to even talk about the progress or some satisfying updates.

Actually you are wrong.....Everybody cares about the old GTA, due to the fact that there are TONS of people out there that are complaining about the "New GTA" like you.....

OT: Every new GTA has played differently since SA....And really, I like the change...It feels better then having the "same game" copied and pasted OVER AND OVER.....I feel like IV broke that chain, because every game after III felt the same.......

i some what agree with you 4 was unique at the beginning but some time around the third island the 4 island is also bad at this it was just the same go here kill him call me back sure we did that go here kill him but it was cool we had the set up a date with this gay guy then kill him then it was just oh okay a shoot out again cool  

Wendy Testaburger
  • Wendy Testaburger

South Park, CO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

Last night I decided to play some GTA IV, I realised GTA V just doesn't feel like a Grand Theft Auto game???

Is it just me?, I can't really pin point it but I think one of the obvious things that throws it off for me is the fact there isn't really a distinctive theme song for V; III, San Andreas, Vice City , IV all had those amazing theme songs, there is other things that make it feel like a different franchise to me but I'm really not sure what they are. 
yeah maybe some discussion can help me out here?

(also playing IV after V for so long made me realise how sh*t the driving mechanic was)

Ok. Wendy argument no. 47 begin

GTA = Grand Theft Auto
GTA V = You can perform the act of auto theft in a grand manner.

Wendy argument no. 47 close
  • Deji likes this

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Personally GTA 4 didn't feel like a GTA to me, it seemed to me it was trying to step away from it's legacy, but V seemed to gave gone back to it's roots, and extra GTA style elements

Roots? GTA V is stepping away from the legacy, and I fail to see how IV was. Health regeneration, special abilities, major focus on the online mode, no Vigilante, no rewards for hanging out with friends/girlfriends, forced aiding mechanics, ...

Ok so those things were new to a gta game. But I have to say over all it felt like a GTA game.

Far from perfect, but I enjoy it thoroughly

I wish it did have some older GTA features but have tio say it feels much more like a GTA game than IV does.

I hate IV now, haven't played it for over a year and have zero enthusiasm to any time soon.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Both games are GTA games. I for one am glad that R doesn't just do the same thing every time. I hope VI is different from V and IV because if I want to play IV I will play IV and if I want to play SA I will play that and so on.

Brandonn96
  • Brandonn96

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

There certainly isn't anything wrong with adding new features in an effort to evolve the series, but I just feel they took a few of the base aesthetics that make a GTA game , The iconic HUD, loading screen themes, all that stuff ..I wasn't saying that it was in anyway Worse or Better than any of the others, theres a 101 threads discussing the quality of the game

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Protector of the 2nd Amendment

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by B Dawg, 14 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

People finna say each GTA doesn't fell like GTA because you want a carbon copy of the last one. You guys need to accept the evolution.

f*ck any evolution that translates into dumbing down gameplay and pleasing 'the masses'

f*ck evolution if it means dissapointing sequels for old fans.

In fact, why doesn't Saints Row EVOLVE into a GTA IV type game? Why doesn't Call Of Duty EVOLVE into a Classic Battlefield 2 like game? Why should all games have a sh*tty one way evolution direction? Why doesn't GTA remove Auto-Aim for the sake of  'Evolution'? (just an example)

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

People finna say each GTA doesn't fell like GTA because you want a carbon copy of the last one. You guys need to accept the evolution.

f*ck any evolution that translates into dumbing down gameplay and pleasing 'the masses'

In fact, why doesn't Saints Row EVOLVE into a GTA IV type game? Why doesn't Call Of Duty EVOLVE into a Classic Battlefield 2 like game? Why should all games have a sh*tty one way evolution direction? Why doesn't GTA remove Auto-Aim for the sake of  'Evolution'? (just an example)

Fam stop cussing at me. It's very rude.tocry.png

• Brandonn96 likes this

knowledge709
  • knowledge709

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by knowledge709, 14 April 2014 - 10:55 PM.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

GTA has always been mainstream and a mass market game. It was never some over complicated that game that only appealed to certain elitists. I hate to tell you this but ever since VC you have been playing a mainstream game. I know it's hard to face but you have liked the same thing the massed liked. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users