GTA V doesn't feel like a GTA?

149 replies to this topic
KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

In what way did it begin to feel like splinter cell, The sims or COD. I just cant see the similarities.

GTA is an action/adventure game with a criminal theme. Unfortunately, our favourite forum troll, Official General, is having an extremely difficult (purposely provoking stubbornness and bitterness) time of accepting that government corruption is a form of crime; a form of crime that happens to rack up on a more imposing and international scale. Such a delve into this welcome new direction opened up opportunities for fun and epic gameplay- as evidenced by many of the missions in V.

Official General wanted, and prematurely convinced himself that V was going to be a ghetto gangsta game with an ex bank robber getting involved, and he's so upset that the game didn't deliver his SA 2.0-esque requirements, that he feels the need to label the game a "yoga simulator", "Splinter Cell game", "non-crime GTA", etc. This is why he thinks GTA V "lost its feel" as soon as Trevor came into the scene- as at this point, Franklin and his ghetto antics took a backseat, and a more fresher narrative begun to take stage.

:^:

This

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

I thought V felt somehow different from other GTAs, but then I thought the same about IV at first, and IV is currently my favorite in the series. V's growing on me more after a few play throughs tho.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

I don't understand. I've been playing the series since GTA III and every installment has that GTA appearance (artistry), criminal enterprise, rags to riches storyline, extra activities, tons of weapons and vehicles, various gangs etc.

I play this series BECAUSE they all have this indescribable look and feel. No other game developer can provide this IT factor.

When I've played Saints Row and other GTA clones, I've said the same thing: "Aww, that's just cute..."

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:25 AM

People finna say each GTA doesn't fell like GTA because you want a carbon copy of the last one. You guys need to accept the evolution. childplease.png

• I<3GTAV likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

In what way did it begin to feel like splinter cell, The sims or COD. I just cant see the similarities.

GTA is an action/adventure game with a criminal theme. Unfortunately, our favourite forum troll, Official General, is having an extremely difficult (purposely provoking stubbornness and bitterness) time of accepting that government corruption is a form of crime; a form of crime that happens to rack up on a more imposing and international scale. Such a delve into this welcome new direction opened up opportunities for fun and epic gameplay- as evidenced by many of the missions in V.

Official General wanted, and prematurely convinced himself that V was going to be a ghetto gangsta game with an ex bank robber getting involved, and he's so upset that the game didn't deliver his SA 2.0-esque requirements, that he feels the need to label the game a "yoga simulator", "Splinter Cell game", "non-crime GTA", etc. This is why he thinks GTA V "lost its feel" as soon as Trevor came into the scene- as at this point, Franklin and his ghetto antics took a backseat, and a more fresher narrative begun to take stage.

This

But Official General is right about what GTA V is. The game is no where close to how older games played. 

I personal would call this game GTSims V. 

• Official General and Agni like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

This

I personal would call this game GTSims V. 

I don't see how.

• I<3GTAV likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

I had that same feeling since day 1, hell even before the game released most of us got to watch some streams and right away you can tell something was extremely different about the game.. and not in a good way.

They made this game somehow feel restricted but at the same time keeping it "open world" like it's always been.. their approach to make it even more "realistic" than ever killed it. 

The story somewhat felt like they just wanted to add Michael Bay missions left and right just to please those fans that enjoy action every second instead of taking it slow and making the story as interesting as it was back in GTA IV (even though that game had a lot of killing, they didn't shove down explosions or fictional stunts down our throats).

Too many features from older games are missing, now we're left with downgraded ones or a few that most likely not many people will come back to just because it's there.. but because they either need it to 100% the game or just wanna have a random funny moment around their peers.

• redx165, Osho and matajuegos01 like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

The story somewhat felt like they just wanted to add Michael Bay missions left and right just to please those fans that enjoy action every second instead of taking it slow and making the story as interesting as it was back in GTA IV (even though that game had a lot of killing, they didn't shove down explosions or fictional stunts down our throats).

You can blame fans for that.

Less than 30% of people who played GTA IV finished it.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

Where'd you find that statistic?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Where'd you find that statistic?

http://www.escapistm...r-Finished-GTA4

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Ahh yeah, for XBOX users. I'm not surprised.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

I highly doubt there's much of a difference on the PS3.

Does SONY release stuff like this?

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

More GTA fans on PS3 while there's more causal fans on Xbox 360. 

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:29 AM

wer da statistics boi QusN3.jpg

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

wer da statistics boi QusN3.jpg

Arguing with redx is like arguing with an angry piece of chalk. Nobody wins because one can't talk while the other one can! Also, chalk doesn't have emotions! LOL!

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

What are you trying to say here? I don't get what message you're trying to convey...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

To me, GTA IV felt half stuck in the past in some gameplay and interface elements.

Then Red Dead Redemption came out and to me, THAT felt like a true next gen GTA, even down to the little details of playing a little tune after missions, Marston smoking or resting on a bench as the mission ends before getting up and walking off back into players control, the first time the weapon wheel was used properly BUT also having a dedicated Weapon Menu in the options to allow you to set preset defaults that would appear in the weapon wheel, etc. It had Mission Replay and Mission Medals BUT it didn't force them on you (something which I hated in TBOGT and sadly GTAV decided to continue). RDR had a dynamic score but it also had a distinct theme which played re-arranged style depending on the mission ending just like GTA IV had.

So yeah, oddly enough it's RDR that feels most like an evolved GTA in terms of mechanics where as GTAV then tried to better that whilst taking the worst from TBOGT and also ditching some older elements.
  • Official General, redx165 and matajuegos01 like this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

What are you trying to say here? I don't get what message you're trying to convey...

I'm trying to say this:

PS players made GTA famous. 

Xbox players made Xbox live famous. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:43 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 April 2014 - 03:44 AM.

I'm trying to say this:

Still don't see what that has to do with anything we were talking about before.

Oooh NVM. I still doubt it made much of a difference.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

Let the console wars commence...

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

I'm trying to say this:

Still don't see what that has to do with anything we were talking about before.

Oooh NVM. I still doubt it made much of a difference.

You'd be surprise. 

There's a reason why Microsoft focusing their exclusives for online while Sony does it for Single Player. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

Titanfall = Focusing on Online?

Alrighty then...

Anyway, getting really off-topic.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 14 April 2014 - 04:12 AM.

I played IV for a few days just to see how great the driving actually is and while I don't mind it half the vehicles feel like they have hydraulics when they don't. They are all so bouncy. This is what people think is so much better than V.

I've been playing GTA V again and I still think the physics in GTA IV are better. Mass, inertia, weight transfer, understeer, oversteer etc are all severely watered down in GTA V. You know there's something wrong when sports/supercars can tackle rough terrain better than the actual off roading vehicles do.

In my current save of GTA IV I have over 3 hours of racing time and over 30 races complete. In all of my saves of GTA V I don't think I've come close to a 1/4 of that. For me driving/racing in GTA IV is simply more fun to the more sophisticated physics which were nerfed for GTA V.

GTA V's physics (as I've said since the game released) feel too hand holding and well boring.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

I played IV for a few days just to see how great the driving actually is and while I don't mind it half the vehicles feel like they have hydraulics when they don't. They are all so bouncy. This is what people think is so much better than V.

I've been playing GTA V again and I still think the physics in GTA IV are better. Mass, inertia, weight transfer, understeer, oversteer etc are all severely watered down in GTA V. You know there's something wrong when sports/supercars can tackle rough terrain better than the actual off roading vehicles do.

In my current save of GTA IV I have over 3 hours of racing time and over 30 races complete. In all of my saves of GTA V I don't think I've come close to a 1/4 of that. For me driving/racing in GTA IV is simply more fun due to the more sophisticated physics which we nerfed for GTA V.

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter then, you raging IV fanboy.

Spoiler

• PulpFiction likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

In my current save of GTA IV I have over 3 hours of racing time and over 30 races complete. In all of my saves of GTA V I don't think I've come close to a 1/4 of that. For me driving/racing in GTA IV is simply more fun due to the more sophisticated physics which we nerfed for GTA V.

Spoiler

You're lucky I'm not a moderator anymore otherwise I would make you clean my laundry with a toothbrush.
  • Geralt of Rivia likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

Spoiler

You're lucky I'm not a moderator anymore otherwise I would make you clean my laundry with a toothbrush.

I'd wreck your clothes, just like this kid gets wrecked:

v5W8Wo1.gif

• PulpFiction likes this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by warlord GTAV, 14 April 2014 - 04:14 AM.

it feels different to previous gta games because they really realeased gta online with a side game being sp its f*cked.been better if they made sp complete from start

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

it feels different to previous gta games because they really realeased gta online with a side game being sp its f*cked.been better if they made sp complete from start

Nice ninja-edit.

• warlord GTAV likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

lol you edited it you faker! you had "this thread is retarded" before, you can't fool me!

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

prove it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users