I feel the same too. But, nobody cares about those great old GTA. People have changed and New Players don't give a sh*t about those Classics. It's all about Graphics, Big Maps, and Online
R.I.P Good Old GTA Days
Few Pointers: ( IMO )
1. None of the Protagonists are interesting
2. Map still has restrictions on accessing most common areas we used to easily enter on Day 1 release of EVERY GTA.
3. Same thing with Weapons, Vehicles and even few most common features missing in this most ambitious GTA.
4. For the first time, TWO separate games are equally promoted, of which Single Player is still left to get it's major update since release.
Say hello to ONLINE, and give a warm welcome to soooo many amazing gaming hours waiting for you.
5. It's a Big Map with many mountains, roads and deserts. Looks like "A Planet of the Apes" situation, if you stand on top of Mount Chiliad.
6. sh*tty Side Characters, so much cursing, sick moments. It's actually much worse in V than in the past. They could have toned down a bit with more meaningful elements.
7. Where's the Challenge? Missions fail to catch my interest in the long run. Also, many things are still rough, requires few tweaks and patching.
8. AI has improved but the cop system has got slight an upper hand that creates more annoyances than challenge.
9. Quite a few, but important things are missing from the amount of activities available after story. New Elements are a nice addition but nit fully realise. It has so much potential. They left it at basic level of tasks to complete but, as in past GTAs, it's nowhere near as engaging and fun. Example: Yoga.
I was expecting bigger tasks that requires more brains and balls, than some stupid little sissy exercise mini-game. f*ck you, whoever thought about having yoga.
10. A lot of promising updates are taking so much time that Rockstar has got no time to even talk about the progress or some satisfying updates.