Saints Row 5

458 replies to this topic
BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

(comparison) The Lost and Damned (A 2009 Expansion pack) vs Saints Row 4 (A 2013 4th Main Game in the Gangster Franchise):

and

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

There's going to be a new Saints Row game?

Good lord. You go to gangbanger to president. Now what're you gonna be next? Ruler of the world? Billy Joel cover band singer? It sounds like they're just trying to milk the series now.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:01 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 April 2014 - 01:05 AM.

Good lord. You go to gangbanger to president. Now what're you gonna be next? Ruler of the world? Billy Joel cover band singer? It sounds like they're just trying to milk the series now.

Lol the worst thing is that Volition and the Saints Row IP was bought by Deep Silver,the people who published Ride to Hell:Retribution (the worst game of all-time and the sh*ttest rip-off to TLAD) :lol:...although on the contratry,Saints Row (2006-2014) is just 8 years old and only have 4 games so that not milking,lol but Deep Silver will sure milk it to death unfortunately.
  • universetwisters and Woll Smoth like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

Lol the worst thing is that Volition and the Saints Row IP was bought by Deep Silver,the people who published Ride to Hell:Retribution (the worst game of all-time and the sh*ttest rip-off to TLAD) :lol:...although on the contratry,Saints Row (2006-2014) is just 8 years old and only have 4 games so that not milking,lol but Deep Silver will sure milk it to death unfortunately.

Deep Silver? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It'll become a "Boyz in da Hood" game on N64 graphics and potato physics.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 April 2014 - 01:30 AM.

@Universetwister
:lol: but here is my previous comment from the last page (i hope this happens though,cus Deep Silver will ruin the franchise further)......

Damn Imagine Rockstar buying the Saints Row IP,lol they will definitely reboot the POS that it is now and maybe turn (rebrand) it as a spin-off franchise to GTA and infact make it focus soo much than ever before on Gangs...SA (2004) and TLAD (2009) are both in the GTA family and gang-themed games and we all know that both installments are great and put the SR franchise in Shame (after the 2nd game) infact kiefer Sutter liked TLAD SO much he wanted R* to help him make a SoA game.

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Fairwell GTA Forums

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

I'm hoping it has NO superpowers and other gay sh*t.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

I'm hoping it has NO superpowers and other gay sh*t.

Do you like time travel or space time continuum type things.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Am I the only one who enjoyed SRIV? I mean The Third was just a hurricane of piss made for f*cking neurotics but IV was inFamous and GTA in one game. Sure it was over the top but then again what other games do that these days, they all take themselves so seriously that you think they're the f*cking government.

No, you're not, I have enjoyed it too. I was feeling like Iron Woman. :lol: 

• Mr.Scratch likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

I'll buy the next saints row. Probably not at full price on release day though, I mean I enjoyed the last two (be it some issues) but I kind of wish that it would go back to the original 1st and 2nd. I don't know, but I kind of f*cking loved playing a gang banger wannabe.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Do you all think Volition/Deep Silver would create a new series with a tone/customization/environment like SR &/or SR2?

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:20 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Do you all think Volition/Deep Silver would create a new series with a tone/customization/environment like SR &/or SR2?

Hell nah. That type of SR is over and done with. As much as I want the series to turn back to its roots, it's not going to. The direction SR is in now is a HUGE money maker. So I'm sure they'll continue to milk this same over the top SR until it dies out. :/

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

According to articles i have read Deep Silver is said to be the Worst Publisher EVER and they dont have any Popular or Successful IPs and they dont give their developers freedom...example of bad games made by the are Ride to Hell,Dead Island (the first one) and they are not even popular like E.A,Activision,Ubisoft,R*,Bethesda,Capcom and more...So the way i see it,is that if Volition makes another SR game and it worst in terms of sales (SR3/4 ruined the franchise but they were commercially successful) then Deep Silver will Shut them down,I hope that doesnt happened though but seeing SR is the only popular and successful IP with Deep Silver i think they will milk it to further destruction.....

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

they dont have any Popular or Successful IPs

They do now, they picked THQ's crowning jewel off their corpse.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Well I have some hope for SR5 because I really think they are taking in what SR and SR2 loved about the series. I'm thinking SR4 was more of a THQ thing with it being at least 50/60% done when THQ started selling off assets, but we'll see with SR5.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

Well I have some hope for SR5 because I really think they are taking in what SR and SR2 loved about the series. I'm thinking SR4 was more of a THQ thing with it being at least 50/60% done when THQ started selling off assets, but we'll see with SR5.

Why do you think THQ was responsible for SRIV? Volition made SR what it is, regardless of who's publishing it.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Why do you think THQ was responsible for SRIV? Volition made SR what it is, regardless of who's publishing it.

Read somewhere that Volition said THQ had a lot of input in the developement of SR3 and part of SR4. I don't remeber where it was, but if I find it I'll post it.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

I think the problem is that they lost touch with what "over the top" ment.

SR2 is the best example, what made it over the top is that your a sociopathic gang leader fighting other gangs that run entire sections of the city. Over the top because were shooting up clubs, stealing radioactive sh*t to put into tattoo ink of a rival gang leader, having a mass shootout in a mall where a rival leader is driving a f*cking Hummer decked out with armor and a chaingun.

Over the top was living out that bad-ass fantasy life we've all had at one point in time. I don't know where the hell aliens and dildos came from, but that was never for a second what I defined as over the top.

• Tony., Xyn and OneManCrimeWave like this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'll buy the next saints row. Probably not at full price on release day though, I mean I enjoyed the last two (be it some issues) but I kind of wish that it would go back to the original 1st and 2nd. I don't know, but I kind of f*cking loved playing a gang banger wannabe.

Agreed.

Now that GTA has moved away from the ''gang banger'' scene (kind of) Saints Row could go back to its roots.

I personally would love to see a serious Saints Row title now.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:48 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 21 April 2014 - 01:50 PM.

Agreed.
Now that GTA has moved away from the ''gang banger'' scene (kind of) Saints Row could go back to its roots.
The Only two Gang-Themed game in the GTA family is SA (2004) and TLAD (2009),and hands down watching the TLAD's trailer i shared above then watching SR4 trailer makes the Saints Row franchise as a whole pointless...

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Agreed.
The Only two Gang-Themed game in the GTA family is SA (2004) and TLAD (2009),and hands down watching the TLAD's trailer i shared above then watching SR4 trailer makes the Saints Row franchise as a whole pointless...

What?

I hope you aren't trying to compare GTA with SR. Because apparently, people can't quite comprehend the fact that games can share a sandbox style yet have different outcomes all together these days.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Agreed.

What?

I hope you aren't trying to compare GTA with SR. Because apparently, people can't quite comprehend the fact that games can share a sandbox style yet have different outcomes all together these days.

Saints Row 1 and 2 were influenced by SA (2004) and they were also labelled as GTA Clones but after that SR3/4 just f*cked up everything (making the efforts of the first two pointless) and cant be compared with GTA anymore,lol tbh it seems like i am begining to repeat myself but Saints Row died after the 2nd game...

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

SR 4 wasnt a bad game per say, it was just disappointing that we again didnt get a follow up to the hard ass gang leader experience we got in 1 and especially 2.

4 is a good game, but just don't play it looking to get SR2 part 2..

My hope for 5 is that we get a continuation of what the first 2 games laid out for us.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

I just placed an order for Saints Row The Third: The full Package on Amazon.

I think it'll be a good change of pace from the serious tone GTA has.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

SR 4 wasnt a bad game per say, it was just disappointing that we again didnt get a follow up to the hard ass gang leader experience we got in 1 and especially 2.

4 is a good game, but just don't play it looking to get SR2 part 2..

My hope for 5 is that we get a continuation of what the first 2 games laid out for us.

yeah, To me saints row 3 and 4 should of been a different game with a different name

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Not Interested at all in this Series   anymore played saints row the third thought it was at best a 4/10 real Mediocre game at very best and Iv is just a different game all Together but again thought it was complete mindless Trash .

i will stick with 1 & 2 really Cool Games 

i was playing the Original Earlier such a good game dare i say it i liked it more Than i Ever did San Andreas its a shame they tossed all that in the fire and just went down a VERY Stupid route whatever happened to dex and that angle of the Storyline? did they just forget about it ? 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, they discover time machine so they can use even older graphics engine in the SR5, making it look even crappier than SR4!

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I just placed an order for Saints Row The Third: The full Package on Amazon.

I think it'll be a good change of pace from the serious tone GTA has.

Very, very fun game.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 23 April 2014 - 05:32 PM.

A new comparison video by WatchMojo made today (23-04-2014) here:

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

I wonder if people would like Saints Row 4 better if it either had a spin off title like Far Cry: Blood Dragon or a completely different series.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by MadMugen, 23 April 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Example of a good mixture of serious and funny that was in SR2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users