Saints Row 5

595 replies to this topic
Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

Oh lord...what was that I just watched?  I'm willing to put £100 that this ends up being on Games with Gold and the PS equivalent within a few months of release.  In short; alright premise but poor execution as part of the SR franchise.

• Street Mix and Shadowfennekin like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

I find it kinda hilarious in a certain way. They apparently did what so many people asked for - rebooted the series, but did the exact opposite of what all these people wanted the reboot for.

"Yeah, we're making a new IP, so we can focus on what SR IV did right without the baggage of the SR name... except it's a Saints Row spinoff, with the Saints acting as Agents from Crackdown". Like I said, hilarious. I wonder how they'll bring the Boss and the crew back and whether will the previous canon factor in at all.

Still, it does open a way for a traditional Saints Row a couple of years down the line. They might just run two alternative timelines under two different umbrellas, which would the perfect solution for everyone.

• Zello likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:43 PM Edited by Zello, 06 June 2016 - 08:46 PM.

I find it kinda hilarious in a certain way. They apparently did what so many people asked for - rebooted the series, but did the exact opposite of what all these people wanted the reboot for.

"Yeah, we're making a new IP, so we can focus on what SR IV did right without the baggage of the SR name... except it's a Saints Row spinoff, with the Saints acting as Agents from Crackdown". Like I said, hilarious. I wonder how they'll bring the Boss and the crew back and whether will the previous canon factor in at all.

Still, it does open a way for a traditional Saints Row a couple of years down the line. They might just run two alternative timelines under two different umbrellas, which would the perfect solution for everyone.

The way you explain it doesn't sound that horrible and it could actually be a good thing. Agents of Mayhem could be the game where Volition puts all the silly stuff that's been in the past few SR games and maybe we do get a more street Saints Row the next time around hopefully...

• HaythamKenway likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

.......f*ck that ending to Gat out of Hell, it was trash. I was hoping if any ending they'd go with the new planet as I f*cking HATED the "reboot" one. Troy should be the only bloody Saint that's a cop. -_-

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

What in the actual f*ck did I just watch
  • Street Mix and Zello like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:44 PM Edited by Journey_95, 06 June 2016 - 11:47 PM.

I really liked the two previous crazy Saints Row games, they actually went all out and never took themselves too seriously unlike some GTA games which try to tell a solid story and have crazy over the top fun (see SA or V, its too jarring though and doesn't work)

Saints Row 4 especially was great, becoming President, fighting against aliens and superpowers. It was awesome!

Only watched some gameplay of the first two, I can understand why fans of them would be a bit angry .

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:45 PM Edited by Jitterdoomer, 06 June 2016 - 11:48 PM.

It's Volition's new IP because the old Saints Row writer Steve Jarros left Volition for Valve after SRIV, so they decided to make a new IP to avoid messing up the new Saints Row sequel when the old writer was gone out of Volition.

Here's the trailer for Volition's new IP:

It's more of a third person shooter than a sandbox game for me.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

I believe it's open world, they wouldn't be stupid enough to abandon that aspect would they?
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

That trailer felt really uninspired. 

Honestly, it just made me wonder what's going on with Crackdown 3.

• boyy likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

So you can play as one of three agents... who thought it would be a good idea to completely remove customizing your character? Isn't that one of the core appeals of Saints Row? Who's idea is this? Without a big name like Saints Row to sell the game, I'm feeling like it's going to flop.

• 65536 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ruin
  • Ruin

• The Yakuza
  • None

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

OMG that is so bad.

Not the game itself, that looks promising, but lacking originality... but the SR tie-in...I really hope it's just a reference/cameo like how Volition did between the Red Faction/Saint's Row series.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:52 AM Edited by Lazor Guns, 07 June 2016 - 12:52 AM.

Can someone rename this thread "Agents of Mayhem"? Clearly SR5 isn't on the horizon, sadly.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:40 AM

Just when you thought Saints Row can't be any worse.

Animated cliche sci-fi superhero game. Meh.

• xNCx and Zello like this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:58 AM

I bet they wont even have curse words in this game

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:36 AM

They did in the trailer.

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

At this rate should have just be glad that this Agents of Mayhem is not another pile of sh*t rubbing on Saints Row's title.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Est. MMXV

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:42 AM Edited by Alchemist, 07 June 2016 - 05:43 AM.

Can someone rename this thread "Agents of Mayhem"? Clearly SR5 isn't on the horizon, sadly.

Why? It's not the same game. Nowhere in that trailer did they confirm that this is "Saints Row 5", sure there's hints but this isn't a Saints Row game.

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

Man, you really are a cold-blooded motherf*cker.

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:48 AM Edited by YA BOY DIRT, 07 June 2016 - 05:54 AM.

I think that whole future scenario was a complete fakeout inspired by what they did with Gangstas In Space, where they make you think it's a real mission until the end when the director says cut and you help Killbane's double off the floor. I'm guessing this is something similar, made purposefully cheesy and uninspired as Ultor is making the Saints branch their IP out into things like they did with Gangstas in Space, only so Volition can save that big reveal of the fleur de lis at the end. I'm sure there's gonna be an actual SRV in the future, Volition is cheesy and cliche' but they're not by-the-book cheesy and cliche'.

I'm completely willing to bet that Agents of Mayhem is a completely fake game designed to draw our attention elsewhere and they'll show the real SRV very soon. Why release this teaser so close to E3?

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

Are there even going to be vehicles in the game?

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

"Ahoy, mother f*cker!"
  • Claude4Catalina and Shadowfennekin like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:43 AM Edited by acmilano, 12 June 2016 - 06:22 PM.

probably its better that they ditched Saints Row name and just launched a new IP. Imagine outrage if this had 'Saints Row' in title. This way they could make a wacky game they want to make with out further raping SR name. Guess they gonna made HD remaster for old fans one they while try to bring new fans and people who played SR3/4 into this. Only some easter eggs and references from SR series will be there,like how there was a few references from Red Faction in SR games. And its hilarious how many people in a coment section of trailer thinking its an Overwatch clone. Still,it means that Volition moved away from Saints Row and going into that new direction.  As for fans of SR1/2 i don't know,maybe once someone will make again a similar game if there is enough interest,but hardly with Hip Hop culture being less popular these days. :(

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Trick

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:23 PM Edited by 65536, 09 June 2016 - 11:10 PM.

I'm also fan of Saints Row series! I've played all games since SR2 through the last one SR GooH:

Saints Row 2: It's best game for me. It has: feeling live city - Steelwater, many customizable cribs, pretty large amount of interiors you can explore freely, Homies customization (in Saints Hideout crib), many clothing items and various shops;

Saints Row The Third: It also have customization and Cribs, however here Volition started drop down may of the nice features - there are no longer parking Garages or shopping centers in Steelport unlike Steelwater in first two SR games, they made the called / recruited homies to leave and attacking you terrible easy even for hitting them with friendly fire by mistake, and if hit a brute Homie like Oleg, you're F*CKED!!! Separately there's one thing I don't like and I cannot seems to get rid of - the random phone calls for survival battles with Decker / Morningstar / Luchadore / Police through Steelport;

Saints Row IV: it uses simulated version of Saints Row The Third's Steelport, also it introduces powers. Homies are bit better - normal are still turning against you, but Super Homies are immune to your and Zinyak's attacks and you cannot get them leaving you unless you dismiss them manually. Unfortunately, here are even cut more features - Volition REMOVED all cribs - they made three cribs in destroyed and unusable variant (SaintsHQ, Zimos' Pad) and others got replaced with Hotspots, only left exception is Kinzie's Warehouse but it's not a Crib anymore too;

Saints Row Gat Out of Hell: here are even more removed - no more customization (only two playable NPC - Johnny Gat or Kinzie), also no more Homies to help you against Demons / Satan at all, it's impossible to clear any enemy demons without raising up your Notoriety, because there are no homies that could kill attacking demons in New Hades without cranking up Notoriety meter up... This is come to state where there is no interesting stuff in this game and it is becomes pretty boring for me...

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

Saints Row Gat Out of Hell - here are even more removed - no more customization (only two Johnny Gat or Kinzie), also no more Homies to help you against Demons / Satan at all, it's impossible to clear any enemy demons without raising up your Notoriety, because there are no homies that could kill attacking demons New Hades without cracking up Notoriety up... This is come to state where there is no interesting stuff in this game and it is becomes pretty boring for me...

That's why I utterly despise Gat out of Hell.

You're forced to be Gat..... or ugh the bitch the whole game. At first I was thinking maybe Boss gets unlocked after you save him...... nope. Beat the game and back to square one. No customization AT ALL, one of the big unique things the series has.

And no homies being allowed to be called? Then what's the f*cking point of getting Viola, Kiki, Dane, Blackbeard. what's his face, and Shakesphere? You're stuck playing the game by yourself unless you play co-op. And the world is literally DEAD.

Only thing I enjoyed about the game was the Gun Chair. Hopefully that can return in a future title but not as a "Seven Deadly Sins weapon"

And "Kill Dex" was just a slap to the face for us original fans who've been wanting to get revenge on that guy. Hopefully in V/reboot he's the next antagonist for the Saints. And Kilbane too seeing as he didn't get personally off'd yet like Cyrus.

• 65536, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

Man, you really are a cold-blooded motherf*cker.

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

I think that whole future scenario was a complete fakeout inspired by what they did with Gangstas In Space, where they make you think it's a real mission until the end when the director says cut and you help Killbane's double off the floor. I'm guessing this is something similar, made purposefully cheesy and uninspired as Ultor is making the Saints branch their IP out into things like they did with Gangstas in Space, only so Volition can save that big reveal of the fleur de lis at the end. I'm sure there's gonna be an actual SRV in the future, Volition is cheesy and cliche' but they're not by-the-book cheesy and cliche'.

I'm completely willing to bet that Agents of Mayhem is a completely fake game designed to draw our attention elsewhere and they'll show the real SRV very soon. Why release this teaser so close to E3?

Welp, I'll eat my words, I was wrong bout it being a fake game. But still, it's not Saints Row V, and that's something.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mafifa3rd
  • Mafifa3rd

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

Saints Row V?, You guys seriously wanna make this franchise utterly garbage as COD?

Despite i really would like to see a new and fresh reboot of Saints Row, I won't support to bring it too soon because a bunch of fanboys,weeabos and other creeps literally would give their left nut to "re-imagine their platonic loves" (wich is sad actually) but hey, who am i to judge anyway. no offenses.

Like i was saying, Saints Row Needs a long break to deliever something actually fresh and coolish as they did with previous games (At least untill sr the third) saints row IV was kind of cool, but not as good enough as the previous ones. with the third, it left me more than satisfied. it has some special taste. hardly to recover with SR4 and GOH (wich is forgettable) just...ugh...

FuckingYokel
  • FuckingYokel

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:05 AM Edited by FuckingYokel, 12 June 2016 - 12:06 AM.

Saints Row died after Saints Row 2 as far as I'm concerned. The series has become a mockery of itself it's a shame as it was the only series which was a direct alternative to grand theft auto. Saints row 2 was Silly but not f*cking moronic and was well written and had charm.

If 5 can go back to that And cut out the SCI-FI Crap and go back to Being a game centered around Gangs/Criminality then They have my money.
  • xNCx and Ivan1997GTA like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users