Saints Row 5

458 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

So you guys want it to be a GTA clone just so you can turn around and accuse it of being a clone.

Saints Row 1&2 were a Total Rip-off of SA but they were both Successful-Receptionwise and Saleswise,and they were labelled "GTA Clone" until SR3/4 try to stay away from that label and what happened? They Ruined a new franchise and turned it into a Piece of Sh*t that it is now.

Saints Row The Third is the best selling game in the franchise right now, with nearly 6 million sold to this day. We don't know the exact sales figures for Saints Row IV yet, but it was the best selling game in August 2013.

Saints Row (2006-2014):Sold a combined 10ml copies in it 8 years of existant,while RDR a spiritual sequel in the Red Dead Franchise (2004-2014) sold a whopping 12ml copies alone...

Actually, the number is closer to 15m.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

What are your thoughts on this?

This is a Must Watch Video....Thanks for sharing bro :)

Side Note:many people who played SR1/2 including myself knew that SR died (got ruined) after 2 with the 3rd and 4th turning it into a POS franchise (like i have said and FDR also said) and it just an 8 yrs old IP,this is why the term "GTA Clone" would never die and it not a negative term,hey SR1/2 were "GTA Clones" but were 100x better and greater/Challege and innovative than what it is today...Hope this a lesson for Watch-Dogs seeing it also going to be a Great "GTA Clone" new IP.

Side Note #2:Lol the video also made me realise how much i miss GTA5 :( and lol GTA Fans are saying V doesnt feel like GTA? :lol:

Side Note #3:According to Wikipedia and VGSales best-selling game franchises,SR is not even in the top 100 and on wikipedia it has only sold 10ml.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

What are your thoughts on this?

This is a Must Watch Video....Thanks for sharing bro :)

Side Note:many people who played SR1/2 including myself knew that SR died (got ruined) after 2 with the 3rd and 4th turning it into a POS franchise (like i have said and FDR also said) and it just an 8 yrs old IP,this is why the term "GTA Clone" would never die and it not a negative term,hey SR1/2 were "GTA Clones" but were 100x better and greater/Challege and innovative than what it is today...Hope this a lesson for Watch-Dogs seeing it also going to be a Great "GTA Clone" new IP.

Side Note #2:Lol the video also made me realise how much i miss GTA5 :( and lol GTA Fans are saying V doesnt feel like GTA? :lol:

Side Note #3:According to Wikipedia and VGSales best-selling game franchises,SR is not even in the top 100 and on wikipedia it has only sold 10ml.

http://en.wikipedia....ts_Row_(series)

As of September 2013, the series has had unit sales in excess of thirteen million, making it a best-selling video game franchise.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 03:07 AM.

@NightSpectre
Yeah i read that before but on Wikipedia's Lists of Best-Selling Game Franchises it still 10ml instead of 13ml,i guess some encyclopedians (or wiki users/Wikipedians) needs to update some wiki pages lol :)

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

I'll wait and see. Seems every odd entry in the series is bad, and every even entry is good.(1 and 3 sucking. 2 and 4 being quite good)

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

I'll wait and see. Seems every odd entry in the series is bad, and every even entry is good.(1 and 3 sucking. 2 and 4 being quite good)

Did you just diss SR1?

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:07 AM

Did you just diss SR1?

Yes. It was pretty much a run of the mill GTA clone. Nothing special about it. With 2 they tried to make themselves different and it worked,  but f*cked it up with 3. 4 was pretty much a great super hero game.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

Did you just diss SR1?

Yes. It was pretty much a run of the mill GTA clone. Nothing special about it. With 2 they tried to make themselves different and it worked,  but f*cked it up with 3. 4 was pretty much a great super hero game.

Saints Row 1 was the first game to get away with blatantly ripping off GTA, on the account of it being a well-made game that actually did some things better than GTA. It also added competitive multiplayer, which was sadly stripped from future installments.

• Bonnano likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by Tony., 14 April 2014 - 04:19 AM.

I'd just like to see a return to Stilwater. It was a much more varied, interesting, and detailed city than Steelport from 3 & 4, which looked the same no matter where you were in the city and had little interiors to visit (unlike Stilwater, which even had a huge mall that I got lost in on my first playthrough). I think the whole time travel thing is kinda stupid if that's what they're gonna decide to do, but maybe it can be an excuse to bring the game back to its gangster roots and we can have an experience similar to SR2, just more refined.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 14 April 2014 - 06:51 AM.

Does anyone else find it odd how Jay Mohr seems to have gotten away with leaking the new Saints Row game? Normally, voice actors are sworn to secrecy about unannounced projects, lest they face legal trouble.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

Jay Mohr has a history of getting away with pissing people off for no good reason.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

The issue I had with 3, (didn't even play 4 as it was basically just a mod of 3) was that at least in SR2 there was some level of normality. If you didn't do anything out of place, the game world, environment and peds would act naturally and go about their daily lives. You would see people working and doing stuff at the airport, driving boats in the sea, sunbathing, etc.

SR3 had none of that. It was impossible to take any of the game world seriously. Why is that a problem you ask? Because messing around and being silly is only funny if you do it in a place that it was not entirely meant for it. If you have peds doing weird Michael Jackson taunts on the street and the world does not even feel like a real living breathing world, the humor is totally lost.

I felt that from SR2 which was amazing, aside from the driving physics. Had the perfect balance of a semi-real world, but had options open to you for silly hijinks.

SR3 couldn't even be arsed to have a day and night cycle. There is no f*cking excuse for that in this day and age. Pretty much everything I loved about SR2 (Customizable melee and power kicks, picking up and throwing objects. Partially realistic looking weapons. Ninja outfits and decent clothing options. The 2 door bootlegger, to name a few.) was totally gone.

There is nothing funny about stupidity that is forced on you as the main goal for the game. It only works when you feel like you shouldn't be doing it. If it is a key objective it just becomes over-used and worn out.

The only things from SR3 I liked was the sprint-dive animation.

It felt like they spent more time on the jiggly tit and purple dildo physics than the actual environment and atmosphere.

• Mister Pink and Ermacs like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

The issue I had with 3, (didn't even play 4 as it was basically just a mod of 3)

I own and have played both games and I can tell you that is false. They use the same engine, but that does not make it a mod.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

The issue I had with 3, (didn't even play 4 as it was basically just a mod of 3)

I own and have played both games and I can tell you that is false. They use the same engine, but that does not make it a mod.

What the hell are you on about?

I was not speaking literally.

My point is it was intended as a DLC initially, and it was a completely unnecessary game that was rushed out that used the same recycled map and really could have just been an expansion to SR3. I know SR2 did the same but SR1 lacked some very basic features that were far improved by adding things such as co-op. SR4 didn't need to happen. At the very least make a new map. It was already boring as sh*t in SR3. No life in it whatsoever.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

What the hell are you on about?

I was not speaking literally.

My point is it was intended as a DLC initially, and it was a completely unnecessary game that was rushed out that used the same recycled map and really could have just been an expansion to SR3. I know SR2 did the same but SR1 lacked some very basic features that were far improved by adding things such as co-op. SR4 didn't need to happen. At the very least make a new map. It was already boring as sh*t in SR3. No life in it whatsoever.

It has enough content to be it's own game, and it plays completely different from SR3 with the advent of superpowers.

You should actually play the game before you start saying things like that.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

I honestly don't have to play it to know it was a cash grab. They even blatently told us that it was sold as a full price game to recoup losses and debt from THQ going under.

It is all recycled assets, regardless of how it plays it was a rushed out copy of SR3. Or at the very least, SR3 was an unfinished game due to content in SR4 which could have existed in the SR3 game world as a DLC.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

I honestly don't have to play it to know it was a cash grab. They even blatently told us that it was sold as a full price game to recoup losses and debt from THQ going under.

It is all recycled assets, regardless of how it plays it was a rushed out copy of SR3. Or at the very least, SR3 was an unfinished game due to content in SR4 which could have existed in the SR3 game world as a DLC.

Cute, you're trying to tell me that it's basically a mod when you have absolutely no experience playing the damn game. Having the same engine =/= mod.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 10:07 AM.

Cute, you're trying to tell me that it's basically a mod when you have absolutely no experience playing the damn game. Having the same engine =/= mod.

I played the heck out of SR2 back in 2009 and that what got me into the now (POS) franchise,i also played SR3 but traded it in after a week cus it was Sh*t and Retarded and that when i gave up with the now (POS) franchise.I never played SR4 but i read articles that said it was originally an Expansion for the turd of a game that is SR3 but the THQ went bankrupt and plans changed etc and it became a full game (instead of it being Enter the Dominatrix),but yeah it doesnt matter if anyone calls it a mod why? cus it basically the same Steelport as SR3 but with Alien Modifications and Aliens and Superpowers with Giant Purple Dildos...

Side Note:I think the tw@ts at Volition was on drugs and the decided to use GTA4's PC mods (Ironman,Hulk) and use it as a full-fledged Saints Row game :lol:

Side Note #2:Infact no matter how many times they Reboot that POS franchise it can never redeem itself and goes back to the Glory "GTA Clone" days of SR1/2.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 AM Edited by ryan_J, 14 April 2014 - 10:44 AM.

The issue I had with 3, (didn't even play 4 as it was basically just a mod of 3) was that at least in SR2 there was some level of normality. If you didn't do anything out of place, the game world, environment and peds would act naturally and go about their daily lives. You would see people working and doing stuff at the airport, driving boats in the sea, sunbathing, etc.

SR3 had none of that. It was impossible to take any of the game world seriously. Why is that a problem you ask? Because messing around and being silly is only funny if you do it in a place that it was not entirely meant for it. If you have peds doing weird Michael Jackson taunts on the street and the world does not even feel like a real living breathing world, the humor is totally lost.

I felt that from SR2 which was amazing, aside from the driving physics. Had the perfect balance of a semi-real world, but had options open to you for silly hijinks.

SR3 couldn't even be arsed to have a day and night cycle. There is no f*cking excuse for that in this day and age. Pretty much everything I loved about SR2 (Customizable melee and power kicks, picking up and throwing objects. Partially realistic looking weapons. Ninja outfits and decent clothing options. The 2 door bootlegger, to name a few.) was totally gone.

There is nothing funny about stupidity that is forced on you as the main goal for the game. It only works when you feel like you shouldn't be doing it. If it is a key objective it just becomes over-used and worn out.

The only things from SR3 I liked was the sprint-dive animation.

It felt like they spent more time on the jiggly tit and purple dildo physics than the actual environment and atmosphere.

You just summed up exactly what I wanted to say, Saints Row was an excellent fun game in my opinion, it had its flaws though like an arguably non original story (which was actually pretty good) Saints Row 2 improved dramatically and was an incredibly fun game to play what with the property system, the gang and respect system, and what was actually a pretty engaging and superbly fun story. Not to mention the awesome gang base and excellent Easter eggs that the game had as well as 

Saints Row III was just 'okay' and that was when I played it on release, I tried to replay it a few months back and thought it was nothing short of a bad game. It just tried way too hard to be considered even remotely funny in my opinion. 

Four I haven't even played and didn't even consider buying because it just looked so much like III only a worse more absurd version.

For Five I'd really like to see them just start fresh in a new city with new characters, most of the old original characters are excellent but they have been corrupted too much in the later two games. I'd like to see them create a game more like Saints Row 2 only improve on everything it had to offer.

• Daz and Bonnano like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

For those of you who didn't bother playing IV, you really should if you want to have credibility when judging the quality of the franchise as a whole. It actually improved from The Third, just watch Angry Joe's reviews of the games:

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Look man. Don't get all high and mighty on us just because you decided to shell out for the latest installment. It has no bearing on how valid our points are or not. And neither is it a representation of the franchise as a whole.

Saint's Row had something unique in a way, it was the first successful next gen (at the time) free roam open world game, despite bad driving physics and a lot of things inspired by San Andreas. It added it's own spin on things. After GTAIV failed to be San Andreas Part 2 and took the boring and mundane 'realistic' approach. Saint's Row 2 was a breath of fresh air, with so much to do, so many features, a lot of fun to be had in co-op getting into mischief. Even if people claim it is a blatent GTA clone, who cares. It brought what we all loved about San Andreas into the next gen when Rockstar failed to do so. It was just more of what we love.

I know some people liked Saint's Row: The Third, but I also know that the majority of people who loved the series up until that point were for the most part quite unsatisfied by the game as a whole. We naturally want a new installment of a game we like because we just want more of it, not because we want a drastic change in what we have come to love about the game.

In my eyes it was a step back from SR2, a lot of the game felt pretty redundant and pointless. I don't have to play SR4 to know what it is. Even if you find the new features fun. I have already explained it was a cash grab.

It used the same map, the same assets and gave me no valid reason to take it seriously as a standalone game for a full retail price.

• Finite and Bonnano like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

It used the same map, the same assets and gave me no valid reason to take it seriously as a standalone game for a full retail price.

It has nearly 40 story missions in the game, all with excellent variety and none of the them being forced activities.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 11:16 AM.

@NightSpectre
I already watch that review like twice already,Joe was f*king Hilarious (and Pissed of) :lol: myself and others have already played SR2 and SR3 (the begining of the end to the franchise) to know it already F*cked up (Ruined/Destroyed/Dead/POS)...and atm No OWG IP can dethrone or challege GTA anymore (cus it on it own league) in terms of Dominance but in terms of Gameplay features and Innovations.

Side Note:Back Then SR1/2 were labelled GTA Clones (SA rip-offs) by everyone including critics and reviewers but now SR3/4 arent GTA Clones anymore more like Crackdown/Prototype/Infamous Rip-offs :p

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

@NightSpectre
I already watch that review like twice already,Joe was f*king Hilarious (and Pissed of) :lol: myself and others have already played SR2 and SR3 (the begining of the end to the franchise) to know it already F*cked up (Ruined/Destroyed/Dead/POS)...and atm No OWG IP can dethrone or challege GTA anymore (cus it on it own league) in terms of Dominance but in terms of Gameplay features and Innovations.

If Saints Row The Third was the beginning of the end of the franchise, why did sales increase with that game?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:16 AM Edited by Daz, 14 April 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Story missions aren't what Saint's Row is about. I must admit a handful in SR3 were fun and somewhat different from the next but once it is over, it is over. Unless it has the features I explained I can never get any replayability out of it.

It doesn't matter if SR4 was better than 3 or not. It probably was, but I don't have to play it to know it didn't add an atmospheric semi-realistic city with an illusion of a real living breathing world, throwing objects mechanics, populated seas and unique areas. No customizable martial arts styles. etc etc.

For someone like me who got the most fun out of SR2, I already know it isn't going to give me the SR2 experience that I am looking for.

If it was a $15 spinoff. Similar to FC3: Blood Dragon (which was amazing) or a simple DLC it might be worth a look, but I find it insulting how they have ruined what they had with now beyond over the top gameplay that gets boring in two seconds.

That Genki car in 3 got boring before I even got the game. I can't even imagine how irritating the dubstep gun would get over time.

Also, where the f*ck is insurance fraud?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:17 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

@NightSpectre

If Saints Row The Third was the beginning of the end of the franchise, why did sales increase with that game?
okay you wanna you sales now? :)

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Also, where the f*ck is insurance fraud?

It's in SRIV, and better than ever thanks to superpowers, in fact, all the activities are better than SRTT and none of them are forced onto you through filler missions.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Guys watch this and enjoy:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

I stopped when the guy said GTA V was the best game he ever played. I'm sorry, but all of his credibility just went away.

• Bonnano likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I stopped when the guy said GTA V was the best game he ever played. I'm sorry, but all of his credibility just went away.

Lol no try finish watching it,he was also praising SR1/2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users