Saints Row 5

458 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

As some of you know from a while back, actor/comedian Jay Mohr (who played Dane Vogel in Saints Row 2) tweeted that he was working on a new Saints Row game. It's definitely not SRIV DLC, since the last batch has already been distributed.

https://twitter.com/...450109696102400

Furthermore, Saints Row IV was announced not long after SRTT: The Full Package was released, and SRIV: Game of the Century Edition was confirmed for Europe with Deep Silver hoping to release it in North America soon.

http://www.shacknews...ion-coming-soon

If Jay Mohr is reprising his role as Dane Vogel, this was suggest that the secret ending where the Saints discover the time machine is true, and could be about their time traveling misadventures through Saints Row 1 and 2, and possibly 3. This of course would mean finally returning to Stilwater, which I would love.

If a new Saints Row is in the works right now, what would you guys like to see? Discuss.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

While I considered the 3rd and 4th entry in the franchise just way too over-the-top, I'm glad to see they are continuing. Hopefully they will only release this on the next-gen consoles. Dammit devs, you got all the tools, use them.

• orbitalraindrops likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I want them to continue with the superpower thing. I loved superpowers in SR IV, the sheer variety and use of them was huge fun. But I do want to tone down the wackiness. Not humor, I want SR to remain a comedy game, but I don't feel like they should pull cheap stunts like making the Boss a president of USA. I pretty much just want SR 2 with superpowers. I want to finally have a true supervillain game. I want to have henchmen, have an outrageous themed supervillain lair, rob banks, fight superheroes and threaten to poison the city's water supply.

• B Dawg, Th3MaN1, Revenge of the Donut and 1 other like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I want them to continue with the superpower thing. I loved superpowers in SR IV, the sheer variety and use of them was huge fun. But I do want to tone down the wackiness. Not humor, I want SR to remain a comedy game, but I don't feel like they should pull cheap stunts like making the Boss a president of USA. I pretty much just want SR 2 with superpowers. I want to finally have a true supervillain game. I want to have henchmen, have an outrageous themed supervillain lair, rob banks, fight superheroes and threaten to poison the city's water supply.

It's pretty much impossible for the game to have superpowers and not be too over-the-top.

• M210F and Revenge of the Donut like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 13 April 2014 - 08:53 AM.

It's pretty much impossible for the game to have superpowers and not be too over-the-top.

Ehhhh... 50 years of good superhero stories would like to speak to you.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the game should be all grim, gritty, serious and down to earth. Just not all wacky. More Raimi's Spider-Man, less Batman and Robin.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Ehhhh... 50 years of good superhero stories would like to speak to you.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the game should be all grim, gritty, serious and down to earth. Just not all wacky. More Raimi's Spider-Man, less Batman and Robin.

Are you forgetting that Saints Row started out as a semi-serious game about gangsters? Seriously, if you play the first game now it's quite jarring to see how serious the game took itself.

To go from a game about gangs and crime to a game featuring superpowers, it'll be over-the-top no matter how you spin it.

• Th3MaN1, AboveAndBeyoncé and Thalyn like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:51 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

a farcry for a Reboot,8 years of existant (2006-2014) the 3rd and 4th game ruined the franchise in every possible way,no new mechanics/features or innovations,Crazy Over-The-Top Retarded Storylines,no cover system etc infact as a old fan SR2 i pray it a complete reboot....cmon SR is 6 yrs older than SD (2006-2012) but that game shows that it has a franchise potential even though it rip-off many things from GTA,AC and Max Payne and the camera is sh*t but it still do alot of things better than SR,even the Milkfest known as AC (2007-2014) that SR is a year older than is more innovative than that piece of sh*t of a franchise.

Side Note:Anyway it lose the competition with the Ruler of the Genre,GTA (1997-2014) after the release of V,so now it GTA and WD (although that with next-gen GTAs) in terms of gameplay features and innovation (but not in Scale,Success,Sales and Receptions)...although that not to say a Reboot of SR cant compete with GTA again in terms of Gameplay and Innovation.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

I would really like the reboot of the series as it went to the wall with the story and characters development. What I would really love would be mix of SR2 and SR IV. More grounded story with fresh characters and a lot of references to the B class action movies from the '80s and '90s. Give us some A-team, Robocop (story in SR 2 was strongly based on it), Terminator and a lot of unique themed weapons (Robocop pistol was in SRIV for example) and vehicles (DeLorean, A-team van, Terminator bike, etc.)

Open world "crime game" which could be something to OWG as Blood Dragon was to shooters. Just don't throw aliens and US presidents again.

• CatDog96 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Please, overhaul this POS of a franchise. It's gone way downhill since SR2. It went from a proper crime, open world game to a bunch of superheroes on crack with aliens and sh*t.

• Officer620, OneManCrimeWave, Peregrin Brandytook and 3 others like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

I remember hearing that they were gonna reboot the franchise... don't remember where though.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

If they do, they need to make it better than SR2. And please do it on the next gen consoles. No holding back because of the last gen.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

I never got the appeal for SR2. I thought it was OK. Not that SR3 was better, just didn't think it was a huge difference in quality.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

The Cap'm

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

And here I was, thinking they put Saints Row in the ground. I'm a diehard fan of the first two Saints Row games, but lately it's been f*cking nuts. I mean, really? Super powers? President of the United States? Get the hell out of here Volition. I get it, you can only do the "Rags to Riches" trope so many times, but damn it. I just wish they would take themselves a little more serious.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Am I the only one who enjoyed SRIV? I mean The Third was just a hurricane of piss made for f*cking neurotics but IV was inFamous and GTA in one game. Sure it was over the top but then again what other games do that these days, they all take themselves so seriously that you think they're the f*cking government.

• Franceska likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

I plan on buying the complete editions of 3 and 4.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Please, overhaul this POS of a franchise. It's gone way downhill since SR2. It went from a proper crime, open world game to a bunch of superheroes on crack with aliens and sh*t.

Damn Bro that was SO Harsh lol (but it true)...

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

So you guys want it to be a GTA clone just so you can turn around and accuse it of being a clone.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 13 April 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Are you stuck in 2006 or something?

Nobody still runs around wailing "GTA CLONE", apart from Blood-is-in-diamond but honestly who still actually reads his posts?
  • TJGM and Niobium like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

A reboot of SR is needed. Especially after what 3 & 4 turned the series into. It went from a game on gangsters taking over the city to a game on dildo-wielding, super powered, alien hunting idiots. 

So you guys want it to be a GTA clone just so you can turn around and accuse it of being a clone.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 April 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Are you stuck in 2006 or something?

Nobody still runs around wailing "GTA CLONE", apart from Blood-is-in-diamond but honestly who still actually reads his posts?

Trust me alot of people still use the word "GTA Clone" and with V's release it just got more popular,and it has a definition,and oh it a Sub-Genre under the OWGenre...So No it not just me and i havent use the word in a while....end of.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 April 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Saints Row 1&2 were a Total Rip-off of SA but they were both Successful-Receptionwise and Saleswise,and they were labelled "GTA Clone" until SR3/4 try to stay away from that label and what happened? They Ruined a new franchise and turned it into a Piece of Sh*t that it is now.

IGnoTon
  • IGnoTon

Your free trial of life has expired

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

What's next, are we going to take over galaxies now? 

Spoiler

Saints Mass Row Effect

• Thalyn likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 April 2014 - 08:02 PM.

^ :lol:...Gangsters(1and2), Celebrities with Giant Purple Dildos and mix with Tron,Toilets,Zombies (3) to President in White House,Simulation,Aliens and Space and Mechs etc (4)...It the Most Ruined Game Franchise in History,Volition shouldnt even make games anymore.But lol we are going to Saints Row 5 with Rabbits,Alice in Wonderland Parody,a parody of Watch-Dogs E..C..T...

Side Note:Lol i remembered when THQ said Saints Row is the "GTA Killer" :lol: what happened.Even Ubisoft didnt say WD will be a "Killer" to the Ruler of OWG which is GTA but said they want WD to compete with GTA.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 13 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

No, we want it to go back to its roots, because it was a good GTA clone. Saints Row 2 is probably on top with GTA V with the best open world games of last gen, imo.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

No, we want it to go back to its roots, because it was a good GTA clone. Saints Row 2 is probably on top with GTA V with the best open world games of last gen, imo.

This i couldnt agree more with...and it also the best GTA Clone EVER.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by Billy james, 13 April 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Seeing how's there not rebooting it, if they're gunna go with time travel idea, they need to get it right.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

Saints Row 1&2 were a Total Rip-off of SA but they were both Successful-Receptionwise and Saleswise,and they were labelled "GTA Clone" until SR3/4 try to stay away from that label and what happened? They Ruined a new franchise and turned it into a Piece of Sh*t that it is now.

Saints Row The Third is the best selling game in the franchise right now, with nearly 6 million sold to this day. We don't know the exact sales figures for Saints Row IV yet, but it was the best selling game in August 2013.

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

One of my favorite game franchise honestly, hoping they do continue it but please for the love of god.. strip the powers out of the game, everything was going well for the series until that point.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

What are your thoughts on this?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

Saints Row The Third is the best selling game in the franchise right now, with nearly 6 million sold to this day. We don't know the exact sales figures for Saints Row IV yet, but it was the best selling game in August 2013.

Saints Row (2006-2014):Sold a combined 10ml copies in it 8 years of existant,while RDR a spiritual sequel in the Red Dead Franchise (2004-2014) sold a whopping 12ml copies alone...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users