Rockstar Verified Sucks.

71 replies to this topic
Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

I think the method Rockstar use to verify races is fantastic. They've approved some great ones.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 14 April 2014 - 02:22 PM.

I bet the OP has created a bunch of jobs and has never been verified and that's why he really hates all the other jobs.

He has a point to be pissed off thou, I have made 30 custom DMs, 13 races and 3 capture jobs. I'm better at making the DMs than I am at the races obviously.

My worst Deathmatch is better than any given R* verified Deathmatch and have been told multiple times they're even better than R* official made Deathmatches

9,000 plays on 46 jobs = http://socialclub.ro...games/gtav/jobs

I feel the OP anger as it's so obvious that R* don't even double check to see what their verifing, the only way to get verified is to be in a massive crew that spams replay all the time

e.g. Prison Thugz Fight is possibly one of the worst wastes of ten minutes of my life I'll never get back - let's see who can hit circle/b the most in ten minutes, oh well done you, wouldn't want to go up against you at Tekken or any other button-bashing game.

There was a time where I actually thought some of my jobs may be worth a wee look at by R* but now it has been abundantly clear that they don't give a rats ass about quality control. Can't say they same about the Verified Races thou, they seemed pretty good from the ones I tried, thou I ain't done 'em all(not a big racer)

Yeah now I got the thought of getting verified out my head, I now just concentrate on making good quality DMs for me and my mates and couldn't care less about getting verified.

Oh yeah doesn't help with daft people saying "I disliked it cos my performance there, not the job. I liked that."

WTF - how do these people figure out how to work a computer in the first place, do they think R* keeps a log of thier sh*tty performance. NO they don't but they keep a log on how well the jobs been rated. FFS

• HexagoN, cunningstunt and RuCrazy like this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

I get so tired of people generalizing a whole idea just because of a couple bad apples.

Horseback Hell
Saving Ryan's Privates
Seal Team Six
Paintball
Jumps Jumps Jumps
Battle GTA
Terry's Hangout
Paradise Alley
The Pad Of Death
Prison Thuggz Fight

Need I go on? These are so lacking in creativitiy they could have been (and probably were) made by a kid with a crayon.

A good deathmatch isn't made by cluttering the map with tanks and an unneccessary amount of props or locking people into a location or to a single weapon. Similarly, adding jumps doesn't improve a race. The real issue us that R* verifies sh*te while good jobs get passed over.

What's wrong with:
Terry's hangout
Paradise alley
Pad of death
Paintball

None of those have tanks or any of that nonsense.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Nonsense, you don't need thousands of plays on your job for having it verified. I had 71 and it was verified.

Make a unique map that isn't like all the other stuff out there.

Make a unique map not clustered where everything else is.

And then be awesome.

R* has verified some crappy stuff, I do agree with you there, but judging from all the stuff they have verified, it has been unique jobs with a difference to the usual stuff out there.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 14 April 2014 - 02:27 PM.

Must have been when creator was just released.....

Nonsense, you don't need thousands of plays on your job for having it verified. I had 71 and it was verified.

And then be awesome.

R* has verified some crappy stuff, I do agree with you there, but judging from all the stuff they have verified, it has been unique jobs with a difference to the usual stuff out there.

Got a point there, cos my 2 most popular jobs have cars on the roofs and are owned+pickups which I hate(pistol headshooter)

May I ask which job you created....

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

One of the last group of races verified had litterally one up vote and one down vote...and a 50% rating. The creator himself thought the race was crap. So yes, I do agree in some ways that their methods are a joke. But I in no way agree that anyone should be slandering the whole group of available UCC as not well made.
  • TheMckeever likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Here's why I hate them.
1. All Verified Jobs were made badly.
2. Every time when I go quick job and select join race or join deathmatch I always end up joining a Verified job.

i agree with you 100% you could create the best race, mission, deathmatch or even now capture and still not even get anyone play it. All the freezing issues and other peoples network connections dont help either. Ive created loads of content hell ive even maxed my awards out for creators content yet not 1 of my jobs are verified.

Most of the verified jobs ive been on are complete and utter sh*te, dont care who this offends by the way because ive seen and played some top notch created content 10X better than these verified jobs. 

This all comes down to getting people to repeatedly play your content to the point where it becomes boring unless you get lucky and a bunch of retards turn up ready to keep slapping the replay button. Its not going to happen, Rockstar don't look into the community enough in my opinion and the result is randomly picked unnecessary verified rubbish. I can only count 3 to 4 out of all the verified jobs that actually are worth the time playing. The best content is well thought out! Period!

• Gantons Most Wanted and TheMckeever like this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Must have been when creator was just released.....

And then be awesome.

Got a point there, cos my 2 most popular jobs have cars on the roofs and are owned+pickups which I hate(pistol headshooter)

May I ask which job you created....

I created Sandy Shores Circus.

My first race I created, never had the intentions for having it verified. I just wanted a different type of route for GTA races. That race was made so that players had to criss cross each other which made for a nice violent race. At the time I had created it, my intentions were for GTA race wins and blowing three cars up in a GTA race platinum trophies.

Players seemed to have liked it so I never deleted it. Got a notification I had something verified and I thought it was my Los Santos Customs DM and was very surprized it was the race instead.

I do not know what they base their verified decisions on, I never advertised my race anywhere nor did I approach R* asking them to approve it. I had under 100 plays on it as well. My guess is they randomly check players who have made a considerable amount of maps. I have about 60 under my name which majority are deleted but I would think they would target people who have used the content creator quite a bit.

But at the end, I still think it's the uniqueness of the map that will have it verified. Something different like http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

• TheMckeever likes this

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Drive_ByShooting, 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM.

They only seem to verify the most popular ones. So if you are the leader of a huge crew or a "popular" youtuber then you'll get them verified (more chance anyway). 

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

They've verified all the unique jobs now (Tanks, Ramps, Laggy Melee), so does that mean that we'll be getting some decent jobs now.

I like the pistols and I do understand that most people that ain't on my friends list just wanna run around with with a Combat MG or Auto-Shotty, so when they get placed in my old school weapons DMs they usally leave when they figure out all their getting is a Combat Pistol and at best a Pump Shotgun pick up.

Ain't bothered they leave cos I only wanna play with good shooters anyway. But I got some pretty unique stuff too, this DMs on a roof and starts with a face-to-face shootout surronded by gas tanks , so whoever shoots first usally wastes everybody, but you can sometimes survive if you roll out the way just in time. It's had 490 plays which I would say is alot consiering it's 10 people max.

1_0.jpg

DEATHPOOL: http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by DaTwista, 14 April 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Here's why I hate them.
2. Every time when I go quick job and select join race or join deathmatch I always end up joining a Verified job.

i agree with you 100% you could create the best race, mission, deathmatch or even now capture and still not even get anyone play it. All the freezing issues and other peoples network connections dont help either. Ive created loads of content hell ive even maxed my awards out for creators content yet not 1 of my jobs are verified.

Most of the verified jobs ive been on are complete and utter sh*te, dont care who this offends by the way because ive seen and played some top notch created content 10X better than these verified jobs. 

This all comes down to getting people to repeatedly play your content to the point where it becomes boring unless you get lucky and a bunch of retards turn up ready to keep slapping the replay button. Its not going to happen, Rockstar don't look into the community enough in my opinion and the result is randomly picked unnecessary verified rubbish. I can only count 3 to 4 out of all the verified jobs that actually are worth the time playing. The best content is well thought out! Period!

They only seem to verify the most popular ones. So if you are the leader of a huge crew or a "popular" youtuber then you'll get them verified (more chance anyway). 

Perhaps you don't read other peoples posts in this thread, some right above yours.

It does not come down to how many plays and likes you have on your custom stuff. That is complete utter rubbish to think that.

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

I bet the OP has created a bunch of jobs and has never been verified and that's why he really hates all the other jobs.

I think you should stop trying to seem funny to other people,it's obvious that you wrote this message in order to get thumbs up.Your response was not what OP wanted to see in his thread.He is right at most of the points,many verified jobs suck,like Battle GTA,Classy Construction(I think rockstar has verified it because of its description),Seal Team Six... I played all verified DMs but only liked Paintball! and Hill Valley Cemetary.I can't say anything about verified races because I don't play race maps but in DM category,what rockstar makes is total bullsh*t..Could you believe that they verified a DM that occurs on a place on which there is already a "rockstar created" DM?I tell you which one it is; Paradise Alley.Why would you verify a job that is completely same as a rockstar created one?

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Perhaps you don't read other peoples posts in this thread, some right above yours.

It does not come down to how many plays and likes you have on your custom stuff. That is complete utter rubbish to think that.

Not really, as i have seen this happen many times. It might not have happened recently but they have definitely done it before. I could be wrong though, as I am only saying how it seems :p

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Alot of people come on here with these so-called witty answers, shows how sad some people are to make a profile just to talk sh*t

• Aaron030792 likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:15 PM Edited by poklane, 14 April 2014 - 03:15 PM.

I've said this since Rockstar has released the Content Creator: we should be able to filter out User Generated Content and/or Rockstar Verified Content and/or Rockstar content so we can just play what we want. Wanna play just Rockstar content? Possible. Wanna play just Verified content? Possible! Just want to play User content? Possible. Wanna play all 3? Possible! Wanna play 2 out of the 3? IT'S ALL POSSIBLE.

I'm waiting for R* to add this.

• Gantons Most Wanted, TheMckeever and GR Choke like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

I've said this since Rockstar has released the Content Creator: we should be able to filter out User Generated Content and/or Rockstar Verified Content and/or Rockstar content so we can just play what we want. Wanna play just Rockstar content? Possible. Wanna play just Verified content? Possible! Just want to play User content? Possible. Wanna play all 3? Possible! Wanna play 2 out of the 3? IT'S ALL POSSIBLE.

I'm waiting for R* to add this.

That would be minted mate. If it came up 6 of my jobs after I've just finished hosting one of mine

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Here's why I hate them.

Matchmaking and freezing issues aside...there are over 4 MILLION custom jobs out there screaming for attention. There are what, 40 slots available for verified jobs...maybe 5 or 6 people, if that, searching for content to verify? Lets say you were one of those people, how would you go about finding a job to verify? It requires either pure luck of the draw that you be picked out of a hat...or it requires VISIBILITY. At first they were seeing jobs based on the likes. Next they see people on youtube. Lately it has become aparent that certain threads here in this forum are on their radar and have produced some visibility for jobs of better quality.

The issue at hand here is that while it may seem here in the forum we generally have a like and desire for better quality jobs...we are the minority in the overal game population. The general pop seems to very much like Long Haul 2 and Prison Thugz Fight. You would not see them so often if they didn't.

To the ones, who are actually looking to get verified, your best shot at visibility right now is the Approved Content threads for the various job types and consoles in the creator category. I am not trying to self promote as it really just means more work for me...but we have credited 6 verified jobs to those lists to date.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 14 April 2014 - 04:01 PM.

What's wrong with:
Terry's hangout
Paradise alley
Pad of death
Paintball

None of those have tanks or any of that nonsense.

Those ones are either A.) cluttered with other things (props etc) or B.) plain imaginative.

@Luap; I specifically went and played Coupe D'etat - good race. No ramps, no clutter, clever use of existing roads and routes. Not simply a straight line or a circle. That's probably all i'd ask for in a race.

So OP is wrong, as it's generalisation. He's not entirely wrong though, as a good portion of the Verified Jobs are crap. But I suppose with 50 Verified Jobs, R* was bound to get at least one or two good jobs.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I quite like Terry's hangout and Paintball :(

The other two are bearable for 10 minutes.

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

It was only the first lot of verified stuff that was really any bad, at least as far as races are concerned. The newer stuff has been of higher quality in my experiences.

I agree with this. I think most of the newer stuff has been pretty fun. All of the 1st few batches were garbage imo.

III974III
  • III974III

Either 100% cool or 1000% berserk

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:27 PM Edited by III974III, 14 April 2014 - 04:40 PM.

[...] you have no one to blame but ourselves as a community for making them top the charts.

This is an excellent point though I'd add some nuances to it. I wouldn't define myself as a member to the community you are referring to. Yes I'm in the GTA Online community, but no I'm not a 12 year old who think Jumps Jumps Jumps, Long Haul 2 or Prison Thugz are the best jobs ever.

For those, and I know there are a lot, although not representing a majority, that enjoy races with corners and DM with gameplay, I found that Rockstar just leaves us down. I'm not saying all the verified jobs are crap, obviously. But the direction they seem to take is clearly in favor of the kids out there.

Plus, someone said that the reason why people's jobs don't get verified is because their jobs suck. Some clearly do, and if I understand how numbers do not allow R* to verify ALL great stuff, it's still frustrating to see what's rewarded and what's not.

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I heard that the criteria for getting a look at for verification was to have 2000 likes and a rating of 80% or above then R* will take a look at maybe verifying. But my most popular jobs got more than that and not verified yet. But guy who's posted above has only got a couple of dozen plays and is verified.

But then again I heard that information through this site. The same site where some people try tell me this game ain't made in Scotland and that calling someone a fa**ot is deemed as an acceptable reply.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:49 PM Edited by DerpCat, 14 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

I played a verified map once, it was awful.

Tard2.jpg

It was forced weapons with pistols, yet no pistol ammo anywhere on the map. It had 1 minigun, 1 grenade, and 1 heath pack and that was it. It was just a mad dash to the minigun, after that the game was over. I think a 12 year old made the map it as there was every kind of car spammed all over the road.

• Willstig998 likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

I quite like the Rockstar Verified races actually...

Been quite a few I've enjoyed. Death Wish, 4 Way Madness, Long Haul 2 (I like cruising on the freeways :D ) and a few others.

Will agree that some of the deathmatchs are a bit iffy though.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

blah blah blah blah blah rockstar employ enough people to give content creator a more dedicated look into! period! too many asslickers in this topic

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

blah blah blah blah blah rockstar employ enough people to give content creator a more dedicated look into! period! too many asslickers in this topic

No, sure they do...absolutely...but your missing the point of the concept. They couldnt really give a rats ass who or what gets verified. What they care about is that people want to be verified...that desire keeps people using the creator...over 4 mill jobs made is a stat they will proudly show the shareholders.

Kadda
  • Kadda

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Laguna Seca is a good one to do in the rain. I also like High Road and Nurburgring. Long Haul with traffic on and a good amount of people racing is a solid endurance race. However I've played a lot of races that weren't verified that I thought were a lot better than ones that were.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

No, sure they do...absolutely...but your missing the point of the concept. They couldnt really give a rats ass who or what gets verified. What they care about is that people want to be verified...that desire keeps people using the creator...over 4 mill jobs made is a stat they will proudly show the shareholders.

No i think you have just over confused yourself the day i something decent get verified i might change my mind. People say Paradise Alley, 4 Way Madness and Long Haul are good. Yeh maybe they are good but there not great in fact rockstars own stuff is better! am i missing something? oh apparently rockstar dont care! wot aload of rubbish!

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

But don't you like going around the entire map with lots of poorly placed jumps?

• III974III likes this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

I heard that the criteria for getting a look at for verification was to have 2000 likes and a rating of 80% or above then R* will take a look at maybe verifying. But my most popular jobs got more than that and not verified yet. But guy who's posted above has only got a couple of dozen plays and is verified.

But then again I heard that information through this site. The same site where some people try tell me this game ain't made in Scotland and that calling someone a fa**ot is deemed as an acceptable reply.

And you've also got multiple verified creators in this thread speaking form personal experience and telling you that's not true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users