Quantcast

» «
Photo

24 hour new player protection.

66 replies to this topic
Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

Just your Friendly neighborhood Lava Lamp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Doesn't have to do anything with new players though, if they're going to improve passive mode it should be for all of us.

Yeah, but would you want a twanker to get killed in his tank and be unstoppable on his way to his next tank? Passive mode should not be god mode, the new player passive mode should be closer to that. Almost unlimited health the everything, normal passive mode should protect from other players and not NPC factors like getting hit by a NPC driver.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

Merryweather Security

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by vipprimo, 13 April 2014 - 05:13 PM.

I'm confused.  First, you already do have that option.  It's called Passive mode and the game already has it.  You can go in and out of it whenever you like and it doesn't disappear after 24 hours.  It's also free.

If you don't want to be bothered in the lobby while you drive around you can choose an Invite Only lobby.

The other thing is the lobby isn't the game.  It's the lobby.  You should understand that while you're there you're in a fight with 15 other players.  Playing the game is not driving around town.  Robbing stores, stealing cars, armored vans, are just optional methods to get cash.  If you're playing you're doing Jobs and nobody needs to be passive during a job for any reason.  

The only thing I've ever said was a good idea was that when a new players finish the intro race that they be put in a lobby just with the people who were just introduced to the game.  That way you only have people who can punch you.  You would be able to stay in that lobby as long as you wish with little or no threat as you built up to Level 5 and were able to purchase your first apartment.  Also, that group tends to be less unfriendly as they're all getting their bearings and talking to each other.  This is the point when you could get a Crew started if you like.

In response to the first paragraph; Passive mode in this game is a joke. You can be hit by a car, ran over by a tank, parked on, shot while driving, and probably most humiliating being killed by a fire truck spraying you with water. Even if new players knew about passive mode right off the bat they still are easy targets.

Yes invite only session is definitely an option, but if a player is new to the game I doubt they will play by themselves especially because they might not have friends that play online or that just aren't on.

The next thing has nothing to do with this discussion, if players would just kill other players in deathmatches and not be ignorant pricks in FM then this wouldn't be an issue, but they do and that's the point of my thread.

Yes this is already implemented, they are sent from the first race with Lamar  to a lobby with other people who just finished the race (low new levels). But after that initial lobby they are in the heat of it. I went through it and I was fine, but others have a hard time just getting into a car when some high level comes and tries raising their K/D on them for a bit because the other player can't defend themselves. And even if they go into passive mode they can still be ran over or shot once inside a car.

We don't need any more protections in the game, except maybe a slightly more effective passive mode. We already have passive mode and invite only lobbies. I don't even think low levels should have been given the DLC guns. You stand a better chance at fighting players as you progress through the game, who would have f*cking thought? We don't need all this care bear bullsh*t.

That is the whole freaking point of this discussion. Everything else you said was irrelevant to the topic. If a player is new and is an open target they should have a way of disabling the threat. As of now we dont have no PVP sessions, so this is the best solution to the problem I can think of and it is probably the easiest to enable.

In you first statement you say that "Passive Mode is a joke".  Passive mode is what you are asking for and unfortunately, this is as good as it gets.  If you're in a lobby being Passive and unable to react then what's the point of being in the lobby at all?  Just jump into some jobs while in your apartment... problem solved.

I was aware of Passive mode instantly and although Invite was not instantly aware to me it was in short order.  The idea that you "think" that players don't know about it is irrelevant.  It is there and if you do the research you'll find it.  The game doesn't need to spoon feed players.  

Your statement that people wouldn't be "pricks in FM" is truly what lies at the heart of the discussion.  You're tired of being killed, which is your problem and not everyone else's.  Again, you have been given multiple options to get out of the problem and you choose not to take it, but complain about it "not being good enough."  Take the options and don't worry about anyone else.  They can take care of themselves.  I for instance never had a problem with open lobby, grievers or anything.  I had fun and I, opposed to your feelings, believe that players like it that way and would be upset if it changed.

I have seen low level guys popped into missions with me and I'm very high level from two characters.  My point again was not to be put in with ALL the new players, but to be put in JUST with the players you just opened the game with.  

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

I'm confused.  First, you already do have that option.  It's called Passive mode and the game already has it.  You can go in and out of it whenever you like and it doesn't disappear after 24 hours.  It's also free.

If you don't want to be bothered in the lobby while you drive around you can choose an Invite Only lobby.

The other thing is the lobby isn't the game.  It's the lobby.  You should understand that while you're there you're in a fight with 15 other players.  Playing the game is not driving around town.  Robbing stores, stealing cars, armored vans, are just optional methods to get cash.  If you're playing you're doing Jobs and nobody needs to be passive during a job for any reason.  

The only thing I've ever said was a good idea was that when a new players finish the intro race that they be put in a lobby just with the people who were just introduced to the game.  That way you only have people who can punch you.  You would be able to stay in that lobby as long as you wish with little or no threat as you built up to Level 5 and were able to purchase your first apartment.  Also, that group tends to be less unfriendly as they're all getting their bearings and talking to each other.  This is the point when you could get a Crew started if you like.

In response to the first paragraph; Passive mode in this game is a joke. You can be hit by a car, ran over by a tank, parked on, shot while driving, and probably most humiliating being killed by a fire truck spraying you with water. Even if new players knew about passive mode right off the bat they still are easy targets.

Yes invite only session is definitely an option, but if a player is new to the game I doubt they will play by themselves especially because they might not have friends that play online or that just aren't on.

The next thing has nothing to do with this discussion, if players would just kill other players in deathmatches and not be ignorant pricks in FM then this wouldn't be an issue, but they do and that's the point of my thread.

Yes this is already implemented, they are sent from the first race with Lamar  to a lobby with other people who just finished the race (low new levels). But after that initial lobby they are in the heat of it. I went through it and I was fine, but others have a hard time just getting into a car when some high level comes and tries raising their K/D on them for a bit because the other player can't defend themselves. And even if they go into passive mode they can still be ran over or shot once inside a car.

We don't need any more protections in the game, except maybe a slightly more effective passive mode. We already have passive mode and invite only lobbies. I don't even think low levels should have been given the DLC guns. You stand a better chance at fighting players as you progress through the game, who would have f*cking thought? We don't need all this care bear bullsh*t.

That is the whole freaking point of this discussion. Everything else you said was irrelevant to the topic. If a player is new and is an open target they should have a way of disabling the threat. As of now we dont have no PVP sessions, so this is the best solution to the problem I can think of and it is probably the easiest to enable.

In you first statement you say that "Passive Mode is a joke".  Passive mode is what you are asking for and unfortunately, this is as good as it gets.  If you're in a lobby being Passive and unable to react then what's the point of being in the lobby at all?  Just jump into some jobs while in your apartment... problem solved.

I was aware of Passive mode instantly and although Invite was not instantly aware to me it was in short order.  The idea that you "think" that players don't know about it is irrelevant.  It is there and if you do the research you'll find it.  The game doesn't need to spoon feed players.  

Your statement that people wouldn't be "pricks in FM" is truly what lies at the heart of the discussion.  You're tired of being killed, which is your problem and not everyone else's.  Again, you have been given multiple options to get out of the problem and you choose not to take it, but complain about it "not being good enough."  Take the options and don't worry about anyone else.  They can take care of themselves.  I for instance never had a problem with open lobby, grievers or anything.  I had fun and I, opposed to your feelings, believe that players like it that way and would be upset if it changed.

I have seen low level guys popped into missions with me and I'm very high level from two characters.  My point again was not to be put in with ALL the new players, but to be put in JUST with the players you just opened the game with.  

You're arguing your opinion without adding quintessential facts. A lot of new players do not know about passive mode. I've probably told more than 15 players about passive mode in about 2 months because they were new. Yes, some players don't want to be 'spoon fed' and just want to jump into the action and chaos. But when someone else wants another experience, they should have the right and ability to have it spoon fed to them. I was not like that because i ranked up when everyone was a lower level and I was usually the highest level in the lobby so I didn't have a problem defending myself whenever someone decided to be a troll. Yes they can run from them, but thats not the point. They shouldn't have to be in that situation if they were given the new player passive mode then players would realize that they can not harm that person so they wont bother. 

That is your opinion, this is mine. You can't argue with the fact that new players aren't as wise as experienced players. 

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by Euphorica, 13 April 2014 - 05:53 PM.

Protection from what?

Edit: What is there to lose in this game? 500$ upon death?

If you want to play without the idiots there's something called invite only session/solo/friends/crew.

Solved.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Joins Heist; Beats members up

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Uhhh... I think Invite Only says hi?

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Uhhh... I think Invite Only says hi?

When new players come into the game they may not know about invite only. They also might want to have fun and join up with other players who are low leveled and make friends. Cant do that in invite only.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

Merryweather Security

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

You're arguing your opinion without adding quintessential facts. A lot of new players do not know about passive mode. I've probably told more than 15 players about passive mode in about 2 months because they were new. Yes, some players don't want to be 'spoon fed' and just want to jump into the action and chaos. But when someone else wants another experience, they should have the right and ability to have it spoon fed to them. I was not like that because i ranked up when everyone was a lower level and I was usually the highest level in the lobby so I didn't have a problem defending myself whenever someone decided to be a troll. Yes they can run from them, but thats not the point. They shouldn't have to be in that situation if they were given the new player passive mode then players would realize that they can not harm that person so they wont bother. 

That is your opinion, this is mine. You can't argue with the fact that new players aren't as wise as experienced players. 

As you are as well.  I'm not seeing any facts that say that 20% of new players don't know about Passive mode.  I do know that it's in the quick menu, start menu, and optioned after character demise.  I've even accidentally put myself in Passive before so how hard can it be?  Would you like a glowing neon sign that said, "hey idiot, you can go passive for free!  Try it out!"  If they did anything else it would be spoon feeding them.  Simply put.  It's a bane of this world that people purchase a television and don't read the instructions and then yell at some guy at tech support because they didn't plug it in right saying it should be easier.  

Again, the point that passive mode already exists and you're asking for it again is redundant and serves no purpose.  Your surmise that people will leave them alone is also just a guess and doesn't endorse your original saying that passive mode stinks because people still attempt to kill you in multiple ways anyway.   So how would an idea of a new player passive mode deter them?  Obviously by your own admission it wouldn't.   

After seeing your last response is that you want what you want and aren't open to listening to reason from anyone after everyone has so easily seen that your idea doesn't have relevance.  You believe you're right and everyone else is wrong.  From the way you talk I'm pretty sure grieving you is easy and there is a reason why people hunt you down and kill you multiple times.  Just calling it how I see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users