Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Baptism by fire, or GTFO.

So... No.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

No way, one thing you need to learn if you're gonna play this game is how to deal with griefers and you might as well learn that lesson early. You can't get that far anyway in 24 hours so they would still end up getting griefed at level 12 instead of level 6. I got griefed early and it taught me a valuable lesson: sometimes when you're outgunned, it's better to be defensive and use your surroundings than be aggressive and bloodthirsty for revenge

you want to talk about getting griefed early?

when i finally bought gta5 for ps3 ( i was like 130 on xbox back when it came out but couldnt stand the broken online that i waited all week for) i was fresh out of lamars race and i was being chased down by an adder.

i killed the guy one time by playing it smart, getting out, and taking cover.

what does he do in response? sick mercs on me, who ALSO failed. needless to say my first personal vehicle was a mesa. x3

anyway yeah. i anticipated i would be attacked for being a nub and knew what to do.

i feel bad for the people who are new to online entirely....

they so f*cked x.x

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

Just your Friendly neighborhood Lava Lamp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

I got mixed feelings on this. I hate when I'm starting a game that's been out for a few months and everyone has all the good gear and know how to play and I come in like, "waz up guyz" and I get pummeled in the earth so hard I'm now in China. That sucks, but the most fun thing in a lobby in GTA V is a new kid. You know that kid; he has a mic, little voice, asks tons of questions, demands someone to pick him up or ask if anyone needs a pick up, etc. Then you have the Vultures, those that attack him in game or verbally. The verbal abuse is the best. My favorite line to throw in is, "I didn't know there was an Xbox 360 in Toys 'R Us". Adding an accent to that makes it funnier.

I think a 3 day protection would be best. Or...a lobby with a bunch of noobs. You know when you don't skip the tutorial you get put in a lobby? People in there don't kill eachother that much. I don't know but I don't feel like it's a normal server. It's usually levels 1-40 and then there's like one 227 in there. I think friendly fire off lobbies should be made instead for everyone. It would be so popular. Plus, you got cops in there so you pair up with buddies and new people against the cops. No cop lobbies is a whole other debate.

I like that idea, maybe instead of just a 24 hour passive mode they are given an additional 48 hours after if they wished. Maybe if they player wasn't level 20 by the end of the first day and they have played for that 6 hours the game doesn't think they are ready yet.

I think the whole friendly fire lobbies should already be a thing, and if not making them for everyone, but make them only for like level 20 and under just so they get to have a little fun early.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Lame. Play the game. Learn the game.

I didn't get any help during my uprising. Teach a man to fish and he feeds himself for a lifetime, give that man a fish and he either dies of starvation or will always look to others for help.
  • Xyn likes this

rushhour250
  • rushhour250

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by rushhour250, 13 April 2014 - 03:12 PM.

When 80% of the players would decide to constantly kill you rather than help you, it's not that pointless.

RR? Cars 100% armor? Man i like to help them but not like that, i'm not judging you, you can do whatever you want, but i disagree when high levels give low levels some high level stuff, they don't earn it with hard work and effort like the other ones. They just go through the easy way and when they have everything they are bitching that the game is boring and there's nothing to do.

Giving a low level one car isn't going to spoil them or their experience unless they're some bratty asshole, and if it does, good riddance. It helps develop a sense of community and cohesion. If they hold onto the car, it gives them something to look forward to being able to do to their own cars in the future. If they sell it, it gives them a taste of what its like to have money in the game and gives more reason to work towards earning it. Unless you're going around with glitched money, giving chrome adders to everybody and their grandpapi, I don't see what the big issue is.

You said it, a single car. I'm talking about high levels constantly inviting low levels to RR and in the end of the day the guy has a 10-car garage, level 35, 6 chrome cars given by the high level. My friend and i started at the same time in GTA O, we were in some type of competition to see who level ups faster, and who has the best cars, apartment etc. etc, he started playing survivals because they gave 20k, then he bought an Obey 9F Cabrio wich for both of us was expensive back then. When he realized having money and good cars felt really good, he started glitching, first money glitches, then RP glitches, now he is level 120 and i'm 90, i have mid-end cars, he has all the super cars fully modded, so feeling good about having a good car and having good money doesn't impact on everyone the same way.

Mikelo, sounds like you are one of those players that had to fend for yourself in the game..  A good friend base or a good crew could have alleviated that grief. Try not to be bitter though. Everyone enjoys the game differently..

When my son started playing I gave him a fully upgraded sentinel... He was getting griefed by upper levels.. If bullets are having a hard time getting to the driver, then they stand a better chance of not getting killed by some upper level coward trying to capitalize on a low level player. He is now a level 68 and he helps lower levels too.. 

I have had other players too, just sell the car, squander the cash and then I never see them play again..

Having a mentor is not a bad thing, but only if they want and respect one.. I think the balance of how you enter the game will dictate how you play.. If you have help, most will tend to help when the opportunity arises.. This is pretty true with most things in life as well.

Edited: One more thing.. I had an upper level help me when I first joined (with a car and cash).. It is not a "game ruining" event..

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

rushhour250
  • rushhour250

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Honestly I think your idea is pointless.

I personally help out the newbies...

I used to build them cars with 100% armor.. But the jerks a Rockstar put an end to that..

So now I just help them level up.. Rooftop Rumble is an easy way for them to get cash and lvl up quickly..

Why is his idea pointless if you help out low levels?
There are more trigger happy people than friendly, so while it's nice that you help, when I made a second account I was target of a 100+. Unfortunately for him, my main account has a 106. So I wasn't an easy target.

But for a new player, at least some protection is nice. They can enjoy the game without the high levels targeting them for increasing their k/d ratio.

I disagree, the protection is not needed.. I think you have a strong balance in the game.. Those people that help others.. And those that don't..

You will always have jerks.. Those people that take advantage of a situation.. Karma is a beach and what comes around goes around..

But I think you have a large member base that just enjoys playing the game the way it was meant, and not this online deathmatch it has become.. People tend to help people when the event arises (even the jerks).

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I didn't get any help during my uprising. Teach a man to fish and he feeds himself for a lifetime, give that man a fish and he either dies of starvation or will always look to others for help.

Exactly, this would give players time to learn the game. The game is Teaching them so they will later learn how to do other stuff. If they get into a gun fight they will learn how to use cover and how to run from not only the cops, but other players. Yes them getting their sh*t pushed in by a high level will make them learn to not trust anyone else, but that's not the type of game we should be apart of. If you wanna kill someone go and play deathmatch.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

k if u guys dont wanna get killed then dont play this game. number 1 rule in this game is to watch your back, not get babysat until u learn how to fight back.

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

48 hours??? You're out of your damn mind

I say 6-10 hours max, that's enough time to get the feel of gta online. Besides if it does happen people will want eventually more time and we'll end up with people not playing with the big boys until level 30 and complain about not being prepared or not having the equipment to deal with it. Passive mode is free and I feel that's enough for everyone starting out

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

48 hours??? You're out of your damn mind

I say 6-10 hours max, that's enough time to get the feel of gta online. Besides if it does happen people will want eventually more time and we'll end up with people not playing with the big boys until level 30 and complain about not being prepared or not having the equipment to deal with it. Passive mode is free and I feel that's enough for everyone starting out

The 24 hours is real time,1 full day from when you created you account till the following day. The first day I only played for like 6 - 8 hours so it isn't that big of a difference. 

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

I think they have it where a level 10 can't get a bounty.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Exactly, this would give players time to learn the game. The game is Teaching them so they will later learn how to do other stuff. If they get into a gun fight they will learn how to use cover and how to run from not only the cops, but other players. Yes them getting their sh*t pushed in by a high level will make them learn to not trust anyone else, but that's not the type of game we should be apart of. If you wanna kill someone go and play deathmatch.
There are many aspects of the game within the game. Giving noobs a shield of protection does NOT help.

Players need to learn the different environments of GTAO and figure out where they want to fit in. If you're smart you will not stay in the same session as some high level ass who won't leave you alone. Find new session and problem solved. You also need to die to see how weak your character really is.

It's called get in there, get messy, and make some mistakes. Not just simply be a fly on the wall.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

For many of those who have the app game Clash of Clans, know that when you first started the game you were protected by the new player shield that lasted 7 days. This got me wondering what would GTA be like if new players were given a choice of being in a 24 hour passive mode that would give you a chance to get a feel of the game without the fear of being destroyed by a high level greifer. The 'new player' passive mode would make you 100% invincible from all the dangers that could harm you in Los Santos. The person could decide to exit the passive mode at any time and you would not longer be able to access the 'new player' passive mode after they decline to enable it, the disable it early, or let the 24 hour timer. 

What do you guys think about this addition to the game to help new players get a good start. Let me know what you guys think.

It's a good idea.

Thing is, I see some modder/hacker taking advantage of / exploiting this somehow like God Mode and that blinking invincibility glitch.

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think they have it where a level 10 can't get a bounty.

Well you can be any level and not get a bounty. If you never go to Lesters house and have him tell you about them. My second character farmed RR by doing the playlist x 16 and it did that 3 times. So i was a higher level when I came out and my friend couldn't put a bounty on me later in the lobby.

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Somebody's a bit obsessed with the COC.

Lol I read that wrong...

Someone's mind is in the gutter....lol

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

There are many aspects of the game within the game. Giving noobs a shield of protection does NOT help.

Players need to learn the different environments of GTAO and figure out where they want to fit in. If you're smart you will not stay in the same session as some high level ass who won't leave you alone. Find new session and problem solved. You also need to die to see how weak your character really is.

It's called get in there, get messy, and make some mistakes. Not just simply be a fly on the wall.

Everything you are saying contradicts yourself. If a low player is getting killed and has to leave, then they only learn to run from to problem. It is the same as having a shield where high levels can grief the. It just saves them there K/D which means nothing really, and also saves them the time of having the switch lobbies as junk.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Just play Single Player. Once you've learnt the game mechanics, then there's nothing else to learn.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Just play Single Player. Once you've learnt the game mechanics, then there's nothing else to learn.

Except how best defend yourself from those high level noobs who can't pick on someone of their own level. :)

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I still think it's pointless, when does one stop being a low level vs a high rank player. A level 50 is still at a disadvantage vs rank 140 who has everything available.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:38 PM Edited by Malibu454, 13 April 2014 - 03:38 PM.

That would ruin the whole being murdered then butt-raped initiation ritual we all went through. :rampage:

At least they don't have to pay the 2k hospital bill we all had to pay back in Oct. :miranda:

WTF more do ya want?? :santa:

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:48 PM Edited by Friendly Lava Lamp, 13 April 2014 - 03:54 PM.

That would ruin the whole being murdered then butt-raped initiation ritual we all went through. :rampage:

At least they don't have to pay the 2k hospital bill we all had to pay back in Oct. :miranda:

WTF more do ya want?? :santa:

I didn't go through it and I don't put new players through it. I've talked about this before in different threads, abusing players because you were is like being a child molester because you were molested as a child. Yes they are both totally different things, but the theory behind it is identical. 

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

I say no, no matter what level you are you have to experience freeroam for what it is or after your 24 hour debut you'll get that false sense of freedom stripped away anyways. I think R* should try real hard to match noobs with other noobs or reward players for helping others instead of taking away possibilities to "play nice".

After all, online gaming is all about interaction between real people. Numbing that aspect for beginners won't help much imo.

If you want a concrete solution to players that grief constantly, convince R* to make servers without player blips. Blips make it too easy to hunt noobs.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Honestly I think your idea is pointless.

I personally help out the newbies...

I used to build them cars with 100% armor.. But the jerks a Rockstar put an end to that..

So now I just help them level up.. Rooftop Rumble is an easy way for them to get cash and lvl up quickly..

How would prevent you in anyway from doing those things? I saved up so Adder bonds and I helped the occasional newb and sent them good mission invites. If they were in this new player protection passive mode that would not change anything. People can still help them, and the passive mode would prevent players from griefing them. best of both worlds.
24 hours protection is fine, but 24 hours protection + Extremely rich high levels that are trying to satisfy themselves by giving low levels high end stuff is a very bad idea. Noobs would be OP from the beginning.
P.D: They are already OP with the DLC Weapons. Don't make it worse.
Wow you like to complain. There is nothing wrong with low levels having decent guns it is actually a good thing because it gives them a chance to defend themselves. It also doesn't really matter what guns low levels have because they still have almost no health and a few bullets kill them.

Honestly you sound like somebody who enjoys killing extremely low level players and are upset that they may have an assault rifle instead of an SMG and could put up a fight.

As far as the OP goes I got no problem with it and think its actually a good idea. It would give new players a day to get used to GTA before people like the guy I quoted come after them with mini guns and RPG's.

Sorry, i think you misunderstood me, with the "Noobs will be OP" i'm saying that they will have high end stuff like chrome cars fully modded, they would level up so fast, and i disagree with that for reasons i stated above, i don't know if you read my first posts on this thread but i'll quote it anyway. 

When 80% of the players would decide to constantly kill you rather than help you, it's not that pointless.

RR? Cars 100% armor? Man i like to help them but not like that, i'm not judging you, you can do whatever you want, but i disagree when high levels give low levels some high level stuff, they don't earn it with hard work and effort like the other ones. They just go through the easy way and when they have everything they are bitching that the game is boring and there's nothing to do.

As i said above

This. When i joined back in January, the high-level trolls were constantly killing me and my only way out was to turn on Passive Mode, then they were just running me over with their cars.

With this 24 hour protection you could enjoy the game and understand what Rockstar is intended to do with GTA Online, it's like an adaption, then when you get used to the game the real fun starts... face the horrible community and adapt to it.

Man, 24 hours is not that long, in my first 24 hours i reached level 7, it's just a beginner protection, to adapt to the game and all that stuff like OP said, if i would completed the tutorial and suddenly some griefer came to spawn kill me, i would leave the game, with the 24 hour protection you could still "deal with griefers from the start" and "learn to deal with griefers"

It's a good idea, maybe a protection lobby where everyone has that shield and no one can harm anyone? I dunno, a lobby mixed with non-protected and protected people would be a mess.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Giving a low level one car isn't going to spoil them or their experience unless they're some bratty asshole, and if it does, good riddance. It helps develop a sense of community and cohesion. If they hold onto the car, it gives them something to look forward to being able to do to their own cars in the future. If they sell it, it gives them a taste of what its like to have money in the game and gives more reason to work towards earning it. Unless you're going around with glitched money, giving chrome adders to everybody and their grandpapi, I don't see what the big issue is.

You said it, a single car. I'm talking about high levels constantly inviting low levels to RR and in the end of the day the guy has a 10-car garage, level 35, 6 chrome cars given by the high level. My friend and i started at the same time in GTA O, we were in some type of competition to see who level ups faster, and who has the best cars, apartment etc. etc, he started playing survivals because they gave 20k, then he bought an Obey 9F Cabrio wich for both of us was expensive back then. When he realized having money and good cars felt really good, he started glitching, first money glitches, then RP glitches, now he is level 120 and i'm 90, i have mid-end cars, he has all the super cars fully modded, so feeling good about having a good car and having good money doesn't impact on everyone the same way.

Mikelo, sounds like you are one of those players that had to fend for yourself in the game..  A good friend base or a good crew could have alleviated that grief. Try not to be bitter though. Everyone enjoys the game differently..

When my son started playing I gave him a fully upgraded sentinel... He was getting griefed by upper levels.. If bullets are having a hard time getting to the driver, then they stand a better chance of not getting killed by some upper level coward trying to capitalize on a low level player. He is now a level 68 and he helps lower levels too.. 

I have had other players too, just sell the car, squander the cash and then I never see them play again..

Having a mentor is not a bad thing, but only if they want and respect one.. I think the balance of how you enter the game will dictate how you play.. If you have help, most will tend to help when the opportunity arises.. This is pretty true with most things in life as well.

Edited: One more thing.. I had an upper level help me when I first joined (with a car and cash).. It is not a "game ruining" event..

Yeah i'm with you, in my first days i had a mentor (kind of) i had a friend that used to play MW2 and he met him there, then when he bought GTA V my friend bought GTA V and finally i bought it too, so my friend wanted me to meet him, i met him and now he is one of my best friends, he was level 200 when my friend and i joined and he used to protect us and yeah, he gave me a little cash and i bought my first super car (it was a Bullet) but that is all, my friend was closer to him, so i needed to fend by myself, but that 200 guy never left me, he told us to glitch, i don't like the exploits in videogames but my friend does, so my friend did what he say. It's good to have a mentor, you feel good that someone who has experience supports you, not a guy that is giving you free stuff that costs 500k-1m and killing anyone who wants to touch you, and in one week, he'll be playing with someone else doing the same, forgeting your existence. 

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

We already have that it's called passive mode

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

We already have that it's called passive mode

I imagine with the response you gave you didn't read more than the title and maybe the first few sentences. I advise to you reading it again because you will clearly see why it is not the same as passive mode. Thank you.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm confused.  First, you already do have that option.  It's called Passive mode and the game already has it.  You can go in and out of it whenever you like and it doesn't disappear after 24 hours.  It's also free.

If you don't want to be bothered in the lobby while you drive around you can choose an Invite Only lobby.

The other thing is the lobby isn't the game.  It's the lobby.  You should understand that while you're there you're in a fight with 15 other players.  Playing the game is not driving around town.  Robbing stores, stealing cars, armored vans, are just optional methods to get cash.  If you're playing you're doing Jobs and nobody needs to be passive during a job for any reason.  

The only thing I've ever said was a good idea was that when a new players finish the intro race that they be put in a lobby just with the people who were just introduced to the game.  That way you only have people who can punch you.  You would be able to stay in that lobby as long as you wish with little or no threat as you built up to Level 5 and were able to purchase your first apartment.  Also, that group tends to be less unfriendly as they're all getting their bearings and talking to each other.  This is the point when you could get a Crew started if you like.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

We don't need any more protections in the game, except maybe a slightly more effective passive mode. We already have passive mode and invite only lobbies. I don't even think low levels should have been given the DLC guns. You stand a better chance at fighting players as you progress through the game, who would have f*cking thought? We don't need all this care bear bullsh*t.

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm confused.  First, you already do have that option.  It's called Passive mode and the game already has it.  You can go in and out of it whenever you like and it doesn't disappear after 24 hours.  It's also free.

If you don't want to be bothered in the lobby while you drive around you can choose an Invite Only lobby.

The other thing is the lobby isn't the game.  It's the lobby.  You should understand that while you're there you're in a fight with 15 other players.  Playing the game is not driving around town.  Robbing stores, stealing cars, armored vans, are just optional methods to get cash.  If you're playing you're doing Jobs and nobody needs to be passive during a job for any reason.  

The only thing I've ever said was a good idea was that when a new players finish the intro race that they be put in a lobby just with the people who were just introduced to the game.  That way you only have people who can punch you.  You would be able to stay in that lobby as long as you wish with little or no threat as you built up to Level 5 and were able to purchase your first apartment.  Also, that group tends to be less unfriendly as they're all getting their bearings and talking to each other.  This is the point when you could get a Crew started if you like.

In response to the first paragraph; Passive mode in this game is a joke. You can be hit by a car, ran over by a tank, parked on, shot while driving, and probably most humiliating being killed by a fire truck spraying you with water. Even if new players knew about passive mode right off the bat they still are easy targets.

Yes invite only session is definitely an option, but if a player is new to the game I doubt they will play by themselves especially because they might not have friends that play online or that just aren't on.

The next thing has nothing to do with this discussion, if players would just kill other players in deathmatches and not be ignorant pricks in FM then this wouldn't be an issue, but they do and that's the point of my thread.

Yes this is already implemented, they are sent from the first race with Lamar  to a lobby with other people who just finished the race (low new levels). But after that initial lobby they are in the heat of it. I went through it and I was fine, but others have a hard time just getting into a car when some high level comes and tries raising their K/D on them for a bit because the other player can't defend themselves. And even if they go into passive mode they can still be ran over or shot once inside a car.

We don't need any more protections in the game, except maybe a slightly more effective passive mode. We already have passive mode and invite only lobbies. I don't even think low levels should have been given the DLC guns. You stand a better chance at fighting players as you progress through the game, who would have f*cking thought? We don't need all this care bear bullsh*t.

That is the whole freaking point of this discussion. Everything else you said was irrelevant to the topic. If a player is new and is an open target they should have a way of disabling the threat. As of now we dont have no PVP sessions, so this is the best solution to the problem I can think of and it is probably the easiest to enable.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Doesn't have to do anything with new players though, if they're going to improve passive mode it should be for all of us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users