Quantcast

» «
Photo

24 hour new player protection.

66 replies to this topic
Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

Just your Friendly neighborhood Lava Lamp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

For many of those who have the app game Clash of Clans, know that when you first started the game you were protected by the new player shield that lasted 7 days. This got me wondering what would GTA be like if new players were given a choice of being in a 24 hour passive mode that would give you a chance to get a feel of the game without the fear of being destroyed by a high level greifer. The 'new player' passive mode would make you 100% invincible from all the dangers that could harm you in Los Santos. The person could decide to exit the passive mode at any time and you would not longer be able to access the 'new player' passive mode after they decline to enable it, the disable it early, or let the 24 hour timer. 

What do you guys think about this addition to the game to help new players get a good start. Let me know what you guys think.

• xonic likes this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Somebody's a bit obsessed with the COC.

OT:  That would be a pretty good addition, if you had the option to turn it on or off

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 04:50 AM.

It's a good idea, maybe a protection lobby where everyone has that shield and no one can harm anyone? I dunno, a lobby mixed with non-protected and protected people would be a mess.

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

No way, one thing you need to learn if you're gonna play this game is how to deal with griefers and you might as well learn that lesson early. You can't get that far anyway in 24 hours so they would still end up getting griefed at level 12 instead of level 6. I got griefed early and it taught me a valuable lesson: sometimes when you're outgunned, it's better to be defensive and use your surroundings than be aggressive and bloodthirsty for revenge
  • GroundZero, Solid Scorpion, Omnifarious and 4 others like this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:59 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 05:01 AM.

No way, one thing you need to learn if you're gonna play this game is how to deal with griefers and you might as well learn that lesson early. You can't get that far anyway in 24 hours so they would still end up getting griefed at level 12 instead of level 6. I got griefed early and it taught me a valuable lesson: sometimes when you're outgunned, it's better to be defensive and use your surroundings than be aggressive and bloodthirsty for revenge

Man, 24 hours is not that long, in my first 24 hours i reached level 7, it's just a beginner protection, to adapt to the game and all that stuff like OP said, if i would completed the tutorial and suddenly some griefer came to spawn kill me, i would leave the game, with the 24 hour protection you could still "deal with griefers from the start" and "learn to deal with griefers"

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Lol I read that wrong...

• livejoker, Gutslab, SuperSpartan747 and 6 others like this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Lol I read that wrong...

Lol hahahaha you are sick XD

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Disagree completely. When I started playing no one was nearly as crazy as the griefers that are in the servers now a days for the simple reason everyone was a low level and was just trying to figure out the game. I made a new account a few weeks ago and realized I was a target in that lobby for the higher levels that are obviously trolls. I had a better chance then the average new player because I have 12 days on my main and I had the gusenberg sweeper as my main weapon at level 1. 

Also when I started on the first day i was able to get online, I was easily level 20 the first day because I was so excited to play the game. 

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:09 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 13 April 2014 - 05:10 AM.

Idk about you OP, but the first thing I wanted to do when I started online was to kill another player (that didn't turn out very well until I was about 5 deaths in though). Maybe other games of a similar nature had left me sour... cough... apb griefers... cough... ahem. But, I think that would be kinda lame, especially since there is already a passive mode of sorts that is relatively unrealistic as it is.

I'd prefer a more comprehensive intro level(s).

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Idk about you OP, but the first thing I wanted to do when I started online was to kill another player (that didn't turn out very well until I was about 5 deaths in though). Maybe other games of a similar nature had left me sour... cough... apb griefers... cough... ahem. But, I think that would be kinda lame, especially since there is already a passive mode of sorts that is relatively unrealistic as it is.

I'd prefer a more comprehensive intro level(s).

Thats why it would have an option to enable directly after creation. So people who already have played the game or just want to jump right in dont have to feel babied at first.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:13 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 05:16 AM.

Disagree completely. When I started playing no one was nearly as crazy as the griefers that are in the servers now a days for the simple reason everyone was a low level and was just trying to figure out the game. I made a new account a few weeks ago and realized I was a target in that lobby for the higher levels that are obviously trolls. I had a better chance then the average new player because I have 12 days on my main and I had the gusenberg sweeper as my main weapon at level 1. 

Also when I started on the first day i was able to get online, I was easily level 20 the first day because I was so excited to play the game. 

This. When i joined back in January, the high-level trolls were constantly killing me and my only way out was to turn on Passive Mode, then they were just running me over with their cars.

With this 24 hour protection you could enjoy the game and understand what Rockstar is intended to do with GTA Online, it's like an adaption, then when you get used to the game the real fun starts... face the horrible community and adapt to it.

• Friendly Lava Lamp likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:17 AM Edited by saintsrow, 13 April 2014 - 05:19 AM.

It's a good idea, maybe a protection lobby where everyone has that shield and no one can harm anyone? I dunno, a lobby mixed with non-protected and protected people would be a mess.

"I dunno, a lobby mixed with non-protected and protected people would be a mess."  -- That's called GTA0 freeroam :colgate:

I agree, either there needs to be passive lobbies maybe an option for a "low rank lobby" because everyone who comes into the game gets the sh*t kicked out of them and then they go on to do the same thing as soon as they get some decent weapons and health.  GTA0 PvP is an unstructured sh*thole that is just sabotaging itself. 

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:17 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 13 April 2014 - 05:21 AM.

Thats why it would have an option to enable directly after creation. So people who already have played the game or just want to jump right in dont have to feel babied at first.

I guess it could work, kinda like a quick fix, but I just don't like the concept of being invulnerable in this game. I would much prefer a more structured, comprehensive set of intro levels that don't leave you as in the dark as they do now.

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

"I dunno, a lobby mixed with non-protected and protected people would be a mess."  -- That's called GTA0 freeroam :colgate:

I agree, either there needs to be passive lobbies maybe an option for a "low rank lobby" because everyone who comes into the game gets the sh*t kicked out of them and then they go on to do the same thing as soon as they get some decent weapons and health.  GTA0 PvP is an unstructured sh*thole that is just sabotaging itself. 

THIS.. 

I guess it could work, kinda like a quick fix, but I just don't like the concept of being invulnerable in this game. I would much prefer a more structured, comprehensive set of intro levels that don't leave you as in the dark as they do now.

I agree to this, I don't think its something that is broken because we all have gotten through it but it is definitively something that needs to be addressed way down the road when Rockstar decided to go and add everything we have been telling them.

rushhour250
  • rushhour250

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Honestly I think your idea is pointless.

I personally help out the newbies...

I used to build them cars with 100% armor.. But the jerks a Rockstar put an end to that..

So now I just help them level up.. Rooftop Rumble is an easy way for them to get cash and lvl up quickly..

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

I used to build them cars with 100% armor.. But the jerks a Rockstar put an end to that..

So now I just help them level up.. Rooftop Rumble is an easy way for them to get cash and lvl up quickly..

When 80% of the players would decide to constantly kill you rather than help you, it's not that pointless.

RR? Cars 100% armor? Man i like to help them but not like that, i'm not judging you, you can do whatever you want, but i disagree when high levels give low levels some high level stuff, they don't earn it with hard work and effort like the other ones. They just go through the easy way and when they have everything they are bitching that the game is boring and there's nothing to do.

Titania
  • Titania

Winky face! ;)

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Why is his idea pointless if you help out low levels?
There are more trigger happy people than friendly, so while it's nice that you help, when I made a second account I was target of a 100+. Unfortunately for him, my main account has a 106. So I wasn't an easy target.

But for a new player, at least some protection is nice. They can enjoy the game without the high levels targeting them for increasing their k/d ratio.

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

How would prevent you in anyway from doing those things? I saved up so Adder bonds and I helped the occasional newb and sent them good mission invites. If they were in this new player protection passive mode that would not change anything. People can still help them, and the passive mode would prevent players from griefing them. best of both worlds.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:44 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 05:45 AM.

How would prevent you in anyway from doing those things? I saved up so Adder bonds and I helped the occasional newb and sent them good mission invites. If they were in this new player protection passive mode that would not change anything. People can still help them, and the passive mode would prevent players from griefing them. best of both worlds.

24 hours protection is fine, but 24 hours protection + Extremely rich high levels that are trying to satisfy themselves by giving low levels high end stuff is a very bad idea. Noobs would be OP from the beginning.

P.D: They are already OP with the DLC Weapons. Don't make it worse.

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I think it's an excellent idea. It should be visible for others though that it is BP and not regular PM.

• Friendly Lava Lamp likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

How about 24 hours where they have all weapons and every spawn is full armor

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:17 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 06:18 AM.

How about 24 hours where they have all weapons and every spawn is full armor

If Rockstar'd do that it wouldn't be a 24 hour thing, it would be a job. I'd like it to be called F.U.N. with rapid fire RPGs, hell yeah.

sooo non-OT

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:18 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 13 April 2014 - 06:25 AM.

When 80% of the players would decide to constantly kill you rather than help you, it's not that pointless.

RR? Cars 100% armor? Man i like to help them but not like that, i'm not judging you, you can do whatever you want, but i disagree when high levels give low levels some high level stuff, they don't earn it with hard work and effort like the other ones. They just go through the easy way and when they have everything they are bitching that the game is boring and there's nothing to do.

Giving a legit low level one car isn't going to spoil them or their experience unless they're some bratty asshole, and if it does, good riddance. It helps develop a sense of community and cohesion. If they hold onto the car, it gives them something to look forward to being able to do to their own cars in the future. If they sell it, it gives them a taste of what its like to have money in the game and gives more reason to work towards earning it. Unless you're going around with glitched money, giving chrome adders to everybody and their grandpapi, I don't see what the big issue is.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

I say no, I leave low level players alone, try to help them sometimes, but, this is GTA..... nuff said. 

• The Shadow likes this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:25 AM Edited by Mikelo, 13 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Giving a low level one car isn't going to spoil them or their experience unless they're some bratty asshole, and if it does, good riddance. It helps develop a sense of community and cohesion. If they hold onto the car, it gives them something to look forward to being able to do to their own cars in the future. If they sell it, it gives them a taste of what its like to have money in the game and gives more reason to work towards earning it. Unless you're going around with glitched money, giving chrome adders to everybody and their grandpapi, I don't see what the big issue is.

You said it, a single car. I'm talking about high levels constantly inviting low levels to RR and in the end of the day the guy has a 10-car garage, level 35, 6 chrome cars given by the high level. My friend and i started at the same time in GTA O, we were in some type of competition to see who level ups faster, and who has the best cars, apartment etc. etc, he started playing survivals because they gave 20k, then he bought an Obey 9F Cabrio wich for both of us was expensive back then. When he realized having money and good cars felt really good, he started glitching, first money glitches, then RP glitches, now he is level 120 and i'm 90, i have mid-end cars, he has all the super cars fully modded, so feeling good about having a good car and having good money doesn't impact on everyone the same way.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

It already exists... It's called invite only.

iToor
  • iToor

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by iToor, 13 April 2014 - 06:31 AM.

lol

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

When he realized having money and good cars felt really good, he started glitching, first money glitches, then RP glitches, now he is level 120 and i'm 90, i have mid-end cars, he has all the super cars fully modded, so feeling good about having a good car and having good money doesn't impact on everyone the same way.

The path of the exploiter can be a slippery slope, but unfortunately the most you can do about that is hope R* patches them.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You come at the king you best not miss.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

24 hours protection is fine, but 24 hours protection + Extremely rich high levels that are trying to satisfy themselves by giving low levels high end stuff is a very bad idea. Noobs would be OP from the beginning.
P.D: They are already OP with the DLC Weapons. Don't make it worse.
Wow you like to complain. There is nothing wrong with low levels having decent guns it is actually a good thing because it gives them a chance to defend themselves. It also doesn't really matter what guns low levels have because they still have almost no health and a few bullets kill them.

Honestly you sound like somebody who enjoys killing extremely low level players and are upset that they may have an assault rifle instead of an SMG and could put up a fight.

As far as the OP goes I got no problem with it and think its actually a good idea. It would give new players a day to get used to GTA before people like the guy I quoted come after them with mini guns and RPG's.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

I got mixed feelings on this. I hate when I'm starting a game that's been out for a few months and everyone has all the good gear and know how to play and I come in like, "waz up guyz" and I get pummeled in the earth so hard I'm now in China. That sucks, but the most fun thing in a lobby in GTA V is a new kid. You know that kid; he has a mic, little voice, asks tons of questions, demands someone to pick him up or ask if anyone needs a pick up, etc. Then you have the Vultures, those that attack him in game or verbally. The verbal abuse is the best. My favorite line to throw in is, "I didn't know there was an Xbox 360 in Toys 'R Us". Adding an accent to that makes it funnier.

I think a 3 day protection would be best. Or...a lobby with a bunch of noobs. You know when you don't skip the tutorial you get put in a lobby? People in there don't kill eachother that much. I don't know but I don't feel like it's a normal server. It's usually levels 1-40 and then there's like one 227 in there. I think friendly fire off lobbies should be made instead for everyone. It would be so popular. Plus, you got cops in there so you pair up with buddies and new people against the cops. No cop lobbies is a whole other debate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users