» «
Photo

THE BOAT PHYSICS.

20 replies to this topic
Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Dionysos77Gaming, 13 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Just doing this for fun heheh

Who actually likes the boating physics in this game (if you actually do like boating, like me from time to time)?

I do not. Like in, really not. Hate them. :p

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

Just doing this for fun heheh

Who actually likes the boating physics in this game (if you actually do that, like me from time to time)?

I don't. Like in, really not. Hell's no. :p

can someone decode the jabber from the jibber so it makes sense?

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

It's called a question. I was asking if you liked the boating physics. Nothing more :)

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

Then yes i do.

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

Kay then :)

Toasted-Cheese
  • Toasted-Cheese

Snitch

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

Learn to spell before you post a topic , you make no sense
  • SolidSnails likes this

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

I think I know how to spell just fine. It's all about recognizing the point man, all about recognizing the point. Better yet, everybody could still be able to derive the question if I didn't spell a word correctly.

But, I edited it so that even the simple minds can now see what I'm talking about. See, errbody happy :)

• SuperFlyMeatbaww and MurDa__BizNess like this

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

I dislike the silly way you go faster by leaning back and 'wheeling' (don't know the term) with the hull out of the water, as if a 80kg person could lean back and make a 2 ton boat change it's centre of mass that much -.-, also your whole boat can go under a wave and nothing will happen.

I hate the way your turning radius is bigger when you are going slowly, that's a problem with the plane physics too.

None of it matter though since boats have 0 use except when they are forced upon you in a mission.

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by Dionysos77Gaming, 13 April 2014 - 01:54 PM.

I dislike the silly way you go faster by leaning back and 'wheeling' (don't know the term) with the hull out of the water, as if a 80kg person could lean back and make a 2 ton boat change it's centre of mass that much -.-, also your whole boat can go under a wave and nothing will happen.

I hate the way your turning radius is bigger when you are going slowly, that's a problem with the plane physics too.

None of it matter though since boats have 0 use except when they are forced upon you in a mission.

Yeah, exactly. I used to do boating for fun sometimes in GTA 4, but it just looks like they've rushed it with GTA 5. I mean, a sailing boat almost keeping up with a cruiser? Haha, no way.

And the fact the water comes right through your boat almost everytime you hit a wave is ludacris. Only the dinghy and speedophile have sort of proper physics.

And the wave height? Is that real? Not being retorical, I genuinely don't know if the waves are actually that huge far off the coast there. I mean, it makes sense at the shore, but still, ya know :p

Oh, just me being me: the 'wheeling' is the trim. And a person can actually do that, just not that fast. There is usually (only on speedboats though I think) a button on the throttle that allows the propellors to go up and down. Mainly because they need to be fully up if the boats needs to go on a trailer. ;)

• Deadly Aviator likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I'd like some trim tabs on my Speeder though. So I can a few more mph out that bad boy.. :devil:

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yes, I'd like some trim tabs on my Speeder though. So I can a few more mph out that bad boy.. :devil:

Deffo. I'd like to do that Miami Vice stuff with the Speeder going fast as hell on flat water :)

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

As a boat mechanic, I approve this comment

The boat physics are sucky and need improvement but, I really dont think anyone cares. Thats why they are, they way they are. If they could fix one thing though, it could be speed. The speed boats should feel as fast, as modded cars.

• Malibu454 and Deadly Aviator like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

As a boat mechanic, I approve this comment

The boat physics are sucky and need improvement but, I really dont think anyone cares. Thats why they are, they way they are. If they could fix one thing though, it could be speed. The speed boats should feel as fast, as modded cars.
I'm a boater myself also. When piloting the speeder I've been adjusting the trim up and down trying to get that sweet spot and max speed, but it doesn't seem to work like it should.
I guess they didnt bother with that.
Also they made the free speeder boat the fastest.. Wtf??
I bought all the boats when I had billions.. :p

tmtakumi
  • tmtakumi

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

Learn to spell before you post a topic , you make no sense

Oh go blow up a chradder. We don't want you here.
  • Dionysos77Gaming likes this

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by Deadly Aviator, 15 April 2014 - 01:09 AM.

Yeah, exactly. I used to do boating for fun sometimes in GTA 4, but it just looks like they've rushed it with GTA 5. I mean, a sailing boat almost keeping up with a cruiser? Haha, no way.

And the fact the water comes right through your boat almost everytime you hit a wave is ludacris. Only the dinghy and speedophile have sort of proper physics.

And the wave height? Is that real? Not being retorical, I genuinely don't know if the waves are actually that huge far off the coast there. I mean, it makes sense at the shore, but still, ya know :p

Oh, just me being me: the 'wheeling' is the trim. And a person can actually do that, just not that fast. There is usually (only on speedboats though I think) a button on the throttle that allows the propellors to go up and down. Mainly because they need to be fully up if the boats needs to go on a trailer. ;)

With regards to the trim, I don't know much about watercraft, but I assumed that you would have to manually go and move the engines if you weren't on a large boat with some sort of automatic systems, I can understand it on a small boat where you hold the outboard motor with your hand, but none of those are in game. Oh also I forget but when you are in a boat and adjust the 'trim', doesn't your character lean with it?

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

With regards to the trim, I don't know much about watercraft, but I assumed that you would have to manually go and move the engines if you weren't on a large boat with some sort of automatic systems, I can understand it on a small boat where you hold the outboard motor with your hand, but none of those are in game. Oh also I forget but when you are in a boat and adjust the 'trim', doesn't your character lean with it?

You don't have to be in a huge boat to use a trim system, some people have a trim system with a boat that's only 13 ft with an outboard motor, as long as you have a trim button and the mechanics that come with that installed. And the leaning in the boat: DUNNO :p

• Deadly Aviator likes this

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

Trim is can be adjusted with two different mechanics. Engine/stern drive  and trim tabs/flaps. Most boats today have just one where, you adjust trim by vertically moving the outboard/stern drive. Most performance boats and cruisers usually have the secondary trim tabs/flaps as well. On a cruiser, its more of a side to side adjustment, to level out the vessel. On a performance boat, like a cigarette, you will have larger flaps. The length of them helps vertical(bow to stern) trim. Its hard to explain but, the idea is to get the hull of the boat out of the water, with out putting the bow too far in the air and keeps the boat level over the water(dont want air pushing against hull). This is done by slight adjustments of the flaps in the down direction and the stern drives/out boards in the up direction. 

I cant believe I actually just typed that out lol...

• Dionysos77Gaming likes this

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

I personally don't like how the boats constantly "jump" in and out of the water whenever I drive one. Not sure if that happens in real life, but I always thought that boats were supposed to, you know, actually stay in the water rather than hop along the waves.

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by Dionysos77Gaming, 16 April 2014 - 07:41 PM.

I personally don't like how the boats constantly "jump" in and out of the water whenever I drive one. Not sure if that happens in real life, but I always thought that boats were supposed to, you know, actually stay in the water rather than hop along the waves.

Yes and no. If you're planing with a boat you're not exactly IN the water (a bit of the boat still is in contact and the propellors are still in though), but in common it is accepted that a boat stays IN the water haha :p

It's just because the water physics are sucky, because you get huge waves, WHEREVER YOU GO. Sucky Sucky Waves :p

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

PC MASTER RACE

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by LowiPL, 16 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Boat physics is much better than GTA IV physics :)

Dionysos77Gaming
  • Dionysos77Gaming

Biker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Boat physics is much better than GTA IV physics :)

Couldn't disagree more :p

But anyway, boat physics are difficult to make in a game :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users