Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are there problems with the Invite system?

7 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 12 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

What's the problem with the whole invite system?

-If I send an invite, my friend often doesn't get it and visa versa.

-If I accept an invite, it makes me leave my current game and then tells me 'game no longer exists', even though I know for a fact my friend is still in the game I'm trying to get to.

-After we both get online, it can take as long as half an hour for my friend to appear on my friend list for inviting, and visa versa.

-Sometimes he is on my list but I'm not on his and visa versa.

Why does this happen?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

As someone who's played both the Xbox and PS3 versions, this is an unfortunate drawback to the PS3 version that the Xbox version doesn't have. I never understood why they had an in game invite system in the PS3 version and not just send the invite to the person's inbox, when I switched from Xbox to PS3 a few years ago this was something that was pretty damn annoying. Might just have to tell your friend to try and find a game and hope you end up in the same one. If he can't find you, make sure you have the same settings set in your online options. Like make sure if it's a auto aim game that he's searching for games with auto aim on and not off and so on and so forth.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 12 April 2014 - 08:56 PM.

Also, then you invite friends that are shown as being online but not playing IV, it doesn't actually do anything such as sending them an inbox message (like other games do). So what's the point of it saying it has sent an invite when it hasn't?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Bump

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

If you have too many friends, the invites are delayed.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

... probably the PS3 SDK back then didn't have a built-in invite feature back then, so R* had to design their own.

F-22_Raptor-02
  • F-22_Raptor-02

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Its an unfortunate bug but can be fixed by signing in using nikos phone after you load the game signing in before you load will cause your invite list to glitch. Also if your receiving the game session no longer exists message try signing out and back in using nikos phone and get your friend to invite again.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Its an unfortunate bug but can be fixed by signing in using nikos phone after you load the game signing in before you load will cause your invite list to glitch. Also if your receiving the game session no longer exists message try signing out and back in using nikos phone and get your friend to invite again.

Thank sounds awesome, I will try. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users