Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official Game Freeze Topic

726 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.12 - 1.14 Update. (652 member(s) have cast votes)

You still freezing after 1.12?

1. Yes (549 votes [84.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.20%

2. No (103 votes [15.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.80%

You still freezing after 1.13?

1. Yes (208 votes [91.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.23%

2. No (20 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

You still freezing after 1.14?

1. Yes (36 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. No (14 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Quattroporte S
  • Quattroporte S

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

havent froze once since 1.14!!! however now sometimes when joining a job or session it never loads and I have to dash wtf

tbons1
  • tbons1

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

does anyone know whats going on i keep getting a message and i quote "files required to play gta online could not be downloaded from rockstar games service. Please return to gta5 and try again later" WTF IS WITH THIS

HELP US ROCKSTAR

tbons1
  • tbons1

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

guests pls anyone if u think u know how to fix it on the players end tell us its a good thing to do ;)

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Mine is also getting worse. My game has frozen 5 times in the last 40 minutes. Sometimes I can play for as long as 10 minutes, just now I started it and it froze after about 5 seconds of gameplay...

Some days are fine, but tonight it's just ridiculous. I've dusted off my PS3, reinstalled the game + updates....

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

still not freezing in 1.14 for me but almost every lobby is super laggy and combat is almost unplayable.  button presses do not register as fast as they used to and combat rolling, changing weapons and anything else where speed performing the action matters doesnt work correctly.  Locking on takes longer and fails more often and it takes way more bullets to kill people when its super laggy, but they lag comes and goes, never consistent, very strange. 

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

still not freezing in 1.14 for me but almost every lobby is super laggy and combat is almost unplayable.  button presses do not register as fast as they used to and combat rolling, changing weapons and anything else where speed performing the action matters doesnt work correctly.  Locking on takes longer and fails more often and it takes way more bullets to kill people when its super laggy, but they lag comes and goes, never consistent, very strange. 

Yep, same here - plus you get times with no cars spawning, or if there are you can't pull the NPCs out.

Which is annoying if you have your PV impounded...  :blink:

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

OMg since this silly update I haven't frozen once. Before I would freeze quite regular, interesting. I nearly forgot all about freezing.

Still confused by 1 star police = death sentence.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

One of my friends froze yesterday but that's the first time anyone on my list has frozen since 1.14. Big change because previously we all froze about once every 20 minutes (from 1.11 to 1.13). I myself haven't frozen at all since 1.14 came out.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

ive now froze twice in 1.14, thankfully the freezing every 5 min sh*t is over, at least for a while, although I preferred that actually to the lag now as I die in PVP far more often cause my gun wont switch, I jump instead of combat roll and it takes 10x the amount of bullets to the head to kill them sometimes when the lags at its worst. 4 heavy sniper shots to the chest is the worst ive seen so far, they will usually get me if it takes more than that, lol

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

now a major issue for me . if i try kick someone during job ( as host ) , i'm freezed

ughhh...... the freezes made worse , born another one 

LadyK_0406
  • LadyK_0406

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Is anyone else having problems loading online. I've tried everything to fix this. Story mode loads perfect if Psn Is disconnected. The moment I reconnect it freezes. Friends are playing fine and my internet works on phone and computer. Help?

Szybk0war
  • Szybk0war

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Frozen twice today. Both times hosting a mission, just after I go to View joined players info.

Dr Murder
  • Dr Murder

mmmm wifey guts...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

^^^ this... first time freezing since beginning of 1.14 .. checked joined player and froze..
I haven't played a public match yet to see if I free roam freeze.. get back to you on that

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

f*cking sh*t.

I will never ever check 'Joined Player Info' again.

This is the epitome of the freezing. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

ive also frozen on joined player info but not as host and only if i click it before I load in completely where the screen stops zooming and i have the option to quit and back out.  If i click it after that its never frozen yet, and I click it every time almost.

revbouncer
  • revbouncer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

I cant even get the stupid game to load online, let alone get to freeze or be timed out or lose connection or whatever tf their pissant excuses are for their sh*tty servers! It gets worse every patch, now it's almost unplayable!

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:50 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 23 July 2014 - 03:27 AM.

The game is literally unplayable.

Ever since purchase the game has occasionally frozen, but in the beginning it was very rare and only normal for a game you play this extensively. Every game crashes at some point, and that's fine. Shouldn't happen of course, but I can live with that.

However, one or two months ago GTA started to freeze during online gameplay. It became the usual way for me to quit a session - play until it freezes, which was about a couple of hours or so. I continued playing, and everything's just gotten worse since.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, before I made a complete system restore I was down to about 5 freezes in 40 minutes, and often the game would freeze on startup, or after 5 seconds of online gameplay. Strangely though, at times I could play for hours with no problem at all, but eventually it would always freeze.

Now I've:

1. Reinstalled game data

2. Dusted off system

3. Restored file system

4. Restored database

5. Cleaned the disc

6. Restored PS3 system (without saving so much as a save file)

7. Installed on blank PS3 system with basically the same outcome (freeze during install/loading or after seconds of gameplay)

8. Installed on PS3 system with other games installed (i.e. other games installed from PSN as well as from Bluray - they all work fine)

It doesn't seem to matter if I try and install with the ethernet cable or not.

I have to try to use my disc on a friends PS3 system. But the disc is completely scratchless and have worked perfectly fine up until about 1-2 months back.

So, yeah, my game is definitely literally unplayable. Sucks. The only good thing about all this is that while I made a system restore all my online content and progress seem to be faultlessly kept on the Social Club servers, and easily accessed... Can't play the game, but I know my beloved and perfected characters are still alive somewhere out there.

EDIT: I tried my disc on another system and it installed and played perfectly, which led me to think it might be my Blu ray player.

Gerald Spoder
  • Gerald Spoder

Friendly Neighborhood Drug Dealer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I always freeze when I am in a lobby waiting for a session to start.

Ryan2501
  • Ryan2501

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

I freeze during free mode almost every time (PS3). It's quite astonishing really, having shelled out more or less £100 for a special edition version I feel more than miffed at these issues. Has there been any official word from R* over this? Judging from the date of OP I guess not. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Try unlinking your accounts in the social Club, fixed my massive lag issues. Haven't tried linking it back up again yet though. Hope they don't come back

Ryan2501
  • Ryan2501

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Try unlinking your accounts in the social Club, fixed my massive lag issues. Haven't tried linking it back up again yet though. Hope they don't come back

I will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Heads up. Watching CCTV footage from TV is guaranteed to freeze your console.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Don't freeze mine.

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 05 August 2014 - 02:22 PM.

Hi all,

As I mentioned I've had A LOT of trouble with this, and none of the suggestions from R* support helped in my case. So, since my warranty is out I decided to try and clean my Blu ray lens and while I could barely start the game before, let alone play more than a minute or two - yesterday I was back in Los Santos for several hours with not a single crash what so ever.

Here's a post I made in another thread on these same issues. Remember, I suggest trying this after trying everything else that R* suggests, and if you still have your warranty, you might want to contact Sony or your retailer instead.

Here you go, I hope this might help anyone who's had the same trouble as me:

===

Hallelujah everyone! I think I f*cking did it.

How? By cleaning the blu ray-lens with a q tip and some acetone.

Guide on how to open up and clean:

Most people don't seem to recommend using acetone and instead use alkohol (isopropyl), which may be a better option - but since the Blu ray lens is made of glass acetone works just as fine. Just be careful not to get acetone on any plastic parts, and only use a very small amount. (soak some of the acetone of the q tip with a paper towel so that it's not drenched in the stuff, you don't want it dripping into your system)

I rubbed both lenses thoroughly back and forth for a while, then waited for it to dry/evaporate, and then repeated that with clean acetone q tips like 3 times.

Then I put the system back together. I had also uninstalled any previous save data and game data to make sure that the system would make a completely OK install this time around.

And it actually installed fine, and has worked now in both SP and Online for a couple of hours. I've also tried quitting the game, dismounting the disc and remounting it and the game starts up fine.

So before, my fail rate was probably like 99% and this far it's down to 0% which means that I'm at least on the right way. I'm still waiting for it to crash, and well, it might of course, but it seems like this did the trick.

I'm surprised R* never suggested that the error might have to do with the lens - it's also a really easy fix. As I mentioned earlier, I got the error message 80010514 which got me thinking that it was related to the Bluray drive - also it seems other games worked fine because they're not dual layered.

If you're trying this, I would suggest doing it as a final step after trying all else that R* support suggests - but if anyone can relate to the troubles I've had, I hope this strategy will help you like it helped me. Also, remember to eject any discs from the drive before you open up your system!

If I freeze again, I'll keep you posted on the circumstances...

Also, it goes without saying that this might not be recommended if you still have a warranty. It's an easy operation, but if you have a warranty you might want to consider exchanging your system for new one through Sony.

Cheers, everyone!

===

(no freeze since this operation, and I've played maybe 5 hrs all in all. I've also quit the game, started it up again a couple of times, turned off the console and then fired up the game... no troubles at all)

EDIT: This definitely fixed my game - it's worked now for several weeks with no crashes.

• BatFerYou likes this

SkyrimJarl
  • SkyrimJarl

Anime Watcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I just stopped playing the game until they fix it. If I keep playing, soon it will f*ck up my PS3 for having to plug it in and out every time.

bStoeDoe
  • bStoeDoe

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Never had freezing problems until the double RP weekend started. At first, it would only freeze while playing RR(system freeze), but now it's all the time. Invite only, solo, etc.. Definitely not a problem with my ps3 considering it's ONLY gta online. SP still works like a charm, even when I'm signed in, as well as all my other games..

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by sultangris, 04 August 2014 - 04:01 PM.

Never had freezing problems until the double RP weekend started. At first, it would only freeze while playing RR(system freeze), but now it's all the time. Invite only, solo, etc.. Definitely not a problem with my ps3 considering it's ONLY gta online. SP still works like a charm, even when I'm signed in, as well as all my other games..

clear game cache by holding l1 and r1 when starting the game. dont let go till it tells you to set the brightness. if that doesnt work, delete and redownload the patches.

bStoeDoe
  • bStoeDoe

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by bStoeDoe, 05 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

clear game cache by holding l1 and r1 when starting the game. dont let go till it tells you to set the brightness. if that doesnt work, delete and redownload the patches.
Thanks. Gonna try this out..

It's almost like it's worse now :/ like *R is mad that I'm trying to fix my sh*t.. Hopefully the next update will fix this bullsh*t!

bStoeDoe
  • bStoeDoe

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Also, I noticed after playing for about 10 minutes that the hand from one of the tshirts with the lightening bolts coming out of the finger tips glitched on my striped tshirt. About a minute after I noticed, I froze.. That damn hand always glitches on my shirt too :/ starting to feel like it's mocking me..

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Game has froze three times on me today already

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users