Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official Game Freeze Topic

727 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.12 - 1.14 Update. (652 member(s) have cast votes)

You still freezing after 1.12?

1. Yes (549 votes [84.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.20%

2. No (103 votes [15.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.80%

You still freezing after 1.13?

1. Yes (208 votes [91.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.23%

2. No (20 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

You still freezing after 1.14?

1. Yes (36 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. No (14 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

Im real pissed FFFUUU...

MrWhiskers
  • MrWhiskers

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

i installed my gta v on usb stick and havent crashed even once ( in 2 days ) didnt install disc 2 though

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

i installed my gta v on usb stick and havent crashed even once ( in 2 days ) didnt install disc 2 though

What is this disc 2 everybody is talking about i only got one disc with my game.

I crashed three more times while playing with Gta-freak-vi and the crew i finally just said duck it and turned off my system

xRoyalFlush
  • xRoyalFlush

Lazer Jet Streetsweeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

I've frozen 7 times within the past 2 hours. Is it getting out of hand? Yes. Should something be done? Yes. Will it? Most likely, no.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by GTA DUDE05, 05 April 2014 - 08:17 AM.

STOP  PLAYING GTA ONLINE V1.11 until they FIX this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lowriderlife63 and KenniCrazy like this

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

I usually crash when I'm using the scope of the heavy sniper....pisses me off so much

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:40 AM Edited by DaTwista, 05 April 2014 - 08:40 AM.

These crashes are getting beyond ridiculous I've been frozen 3 times within 15 minutes had 2 "timed out" and 2 "loss connections"

R* better make sure they fix this problem with the 1.12 update or they are going to have a lot of hate mail coming there way

Oh cry me a river...

Hate mail towards them? Pfft, it'll be ignored. I would ignore it too if I got crap from you.

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

Its quite impossible to do this if you're addicted to the game, its like telling a drug addict to stop smoking weed and expect them to quit immediately

Hopefully patch 1.12 that comes out next week I assume, will fix this

Edgelord
  • Edgelord

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Its quite impossible to do this if you're addicted to the game, its like telling a drug addict to stop smoking weed and expect them to quit immediately

Hopefully patch 1.12 that comes out next week I assume, will fix this
We were on the same lobby yesterday but you got disconnected and frozen more than anyone.Is your connection good?
I freeze when theres a lot of people together creating chaos and the frames start drop

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

We were on the same lobby yesterday but you got disconnected and frozen more than anyone.Is your connection good?

I freeze when theres a lot of people together creating chaos and the frames start drop

I usually play on WI-FI (100% signal) so its good and I know WI-FI isn't the best for online gaming but I've been playing that way for years and its been working fine so its not a network issue. This problem only started happening with 1.11 as my game has never frozen even once prior to this.

It even freezes when you're idle sometimes(as Killzone stated) so its nothing to do with frame-rate drops etc. I guess I have bad luck since I freeze the most when we have a crew session

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

I haven't suffered a single freeze in days now. Feels goodman.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

Do anyone experience random PSN logouts as well or is it just me?

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

If you are getting logged out PSN, best you check your connection. PSN seems pretty robust so if you're getting kicked from there, it's most likely an internet connection problem. I would also guess you're on wifi?

MrWhiskers
  • MrWhiskers

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

What is this disc 2 everybody is talking about i only got one disc with my game.

I crashed three more times while playing with Gta-freak-vi and the crew i finally just said duck it and turned off my system

the power of xbox and multiple discs

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

The crashes are shockinglatley

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by EZza2647, 05 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

Today I had just finished Coveted x16 with my friends, after we finished we went to FM.All  of a Sudden I hear "I think I froze" from one of them.

Then another froze, then another, then me.

That's what makes me think it's a server issue. When I say server issue, I mean that an error on one person's console cascades across the lobby, sort of like the everyone leaves at once error, but on a larger scale.

Maybe the issue is on our consoles, but the servers carry it, sort of like a disease.

Thoughts?

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 05 April 2014 - 10:03 AM.

It's definitely server related, my PS3 has a brand new 320 GB SSD, no way in hell it's any of the disc, or hard drive related problems R* is claiming it to be. I even put my old stock HDD to see if anything changed, and I still froze with it installed.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

I think it's something to do with older consoles struggling with the game.  It's very rare that I get a game freeze and even rarer when I get a console freze.  Bought my Xbox back in September.  Also got a huge amount of memory (which is still pretty much empty), more than the standard larger version.

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Yep, probably a server issue. Most of the times before I freeze, I see a couple of players leaving then soon after, my game freezes. I doubt it's a hard drive issue too since I re installed the game 3 times, re-downloaded the patches, cleared my cache and did a system restore but no luck.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:08 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 05 April 2014 - 10:09 AM.

I doubt that, I have an old fat PS3, which has never ever failed me, and I take care of it. I have friends with fat PS3s, slims, and the newer super slims, everyone is getting their fair share of freezing. Some days are worse than others, I went almost 4 days with no issues, then yesterday I froze 6 times.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

i only had 1 freeze in the last 3 days but well over 17 "unknown network error" and time outs.

oh that single freeze, crashes a total of 10 consoles at one!

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

I dont freeze

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

I can't remember the last time the game or the console froze for me.  Must surely be witchcraft.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

If you are getting logged out PSN, best you check your connection. PSN seems pretty robust so if you're getting kicked from there, it's most likely an internet connection problem. I would also guess you're on wifi?

Yes I get the random log outs too, and once its happened I can log back into PSN but the game won't re-connect to online until I restart my PS3.  Its not local connection, mine is always great and my PS3 is wired to it.  

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Also tried gta IV and it works just fine.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:36 AM Edited by am30, 05 April 2014 - 10:37 AM.

What is this freezing you speak of.  Game freezes are rare and console freezes are even rarer, certainly not enough to make me cry about it on-line.  I get an occasional time out when joining a mission but I guess that's just either me or another player lagging, which is not a big issue for me.  Must be witchcraft or something.

Disc 1 installs it, disc 2 is the one you need to play it.

glass pipe
  • glass pipe

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Yeah these crashes happen everyday. Its not my connection, and clearing the cache did f*ck all haha.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

I was getting freezes a lot last week.  However, after clearing the cache, deleting the title update and re-downloading it, I haven't had a single freeze this week.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by KimberJane, 05 April 2014 - 02:27 PM.

I occasionally freeze, it doesnt bother me too much as it's usually after a couple of hours play, so I take it as a sign to take a break. My biggest problem is the constant network error and unable to connect interruptions. Could never go 20 mins without one of those two messages. I could never go into a populated server as connection would say lost. 

But now I think I seem to have fixed it as the last two sessions I've had it's not happened, might be around 6-7 hours of playing time. Even the graphics load alright, sometimes they would be laggy and blocky.

Try this if you have the problems: Your first session should be invite only with only you in it. Mess around for a couple of minutes in there in free-roam. Then do a mission on your own for three times and that's it. That is how I seem to have fixed my problem, albiet it the previous two sessions (lunch time today & early hours of the morning).

I'm not saying IT WILL work for you, it's just seemed to have worked for me. Worth a shot :)

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

I have heard a lot of people going on about how their game freezes all the time but I never had any problems, on Sunday I was playing nearly all day long without a problem

However today, after the patch I started having the issues others had, my game freezes every 20 minutes so R* instead of fixing this issue they probably made it even worse.

I never complained about an update as they ware always improving MY game(I never glitched so I didn't get mad at R* removing them), but this update is just the worst, you can't spray twankers in passive mode, they removed SP2MP(never did it but since a lot of people liked it and it wasn't much of an advantage I can't see why it was so important to remove it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users