Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA is best?

98 replies to this topic

Poll: In order of favourite to least favourite (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your number one favourite?

1. GTA III (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. GTA VC (9 votes [16.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.07%

3. GTA SA (5 votes [8.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

4. GTA IV (14 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. GTA V (26 votes [46.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

Which is your number two favourite?

1. GTA III (3 votes [5.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

2. GTA VC (7 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. GTA SA (25 votes [44.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.64%

4. GTA IV (13 votes [23.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

5. GTA V (8 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Which is your number three favourite?

1. GTA III (7 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. GTA VC (9 votes [16.07%] - View)

3. GTA SA (18 votes [32.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

4. GTA IV (13 votes [23.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

5. GTA V (9 votes [16.07%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by sultangris, 24 March 2014 - 09:48 PM.

My top 3 would be:

• GTA Vice City
  • GTA IV
  • GTA V
Agreed. I might even put 3 ahead of 5 because of how buggy, unfinished and half assed it is. 5 has potential though, but I don't think it will ever reach it on the ps3. Not enough processing power. Hopefully they release it on pc and ps4

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

San Andreas no doubt. IV was a huge step forward but also a step back in certain areas. San Andreas is the master of all trades, the perfect balance between everything.

• skills likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

GTA IV is king!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

GTA IV, followed by San Andreas and then I guess V.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:06 AM

IV all day every day.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

You know me, GTA V all the way, it's a combination of the best things from the series.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

You know me, GTA V all the way, it's a combination of the best things from the series.

I wonder what best things were combined there, because it's pretty mediocre in every term.

• SonOfLiberty, B Dawg and Sting4S like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:52 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 25 March 2014 - 08:52 AM.

1) GTA IV
2) VC
3) GTA III

I actually used to have GTA V 3rd, but I feel it's more appropriate to be in 4th as I think GTA III deserves it more and is still a great game even today.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

I wonder what best things were combined there, because it's pretty mediocre in every term.

Jesus f*cking christ, you can't post anything positive about GTA V anywhere in this GTA dedicated forum without getting shot down in flames. It's sad, really. 

• I<3GTAV, ten-a-penny, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 1 other like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Jesus f*cking Christ jumping on the pogo stick, you can't just ask honest question to have a bit of discussion about GTA V anywhere in this GTA dedicated forum without getting shot down in flames. It's sad, really. Just like you, because not every question is attack and not every post is beg for a flame war. If only you people were more open minded without feeling attacked every five minutes, we could have a debate, but what for? It's better to be victim of an attack in every possible way. It makes life easier, doesn't it?

• SonOfLiberty, Ermac. and Biohazard Abyss like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

GTAV's story is the worst of the series so it surprises me how many people think it's the best GTA.  Either they haven't played any other GTA, they're completely disregarding SP and just taking online into consideration, or they're forcing themselves to overlook how crappy the story was, trying to only think about the gameplay.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 25 March 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Jesus f*cking Christ jumping on the pogo stick, you can't just ask honest question to have a bit of discussion about GTA V anywhere in this GTA dedicated forum without getting shot down in flames. It's sad, really. Just like you, because not every question is attack and not every post is beg for a flame war. If only you people were more open minded without feeling attacked every five minutes, we could have a debate, but what for? It's better to be victim of an attack in every possible way. It makes life easier, doesn't it?

+1.

You nailed it on the head.
  • Sting4S likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 25 March 2014 - 11:23 AM.

I think you're forgetting something else. This is a forum is dedicated to fans of the GTA Series or fans of certain GTA games. This is also the GTA series section of the forum. If someone says "GTA V is the ONLY good GTA game, the rest are terrible!" I can understand debating against them. But when someone posts a simple opinion, without targeting a person or a separate game in a negative manner, there is no reason to try and start an argument with them. (And if you weren't trying to start an argument with them, it certainly implied that in my eyes) This forum and section in manner is dedicated to appreciating the series for what it is, if you want to go and target someone who's opinion you don't agree with, go to the V section. Opinions are certainly not accepted there. 

GTAV's story is the worst of the series so it surprises me how many people think it's the best GTA.  Either they haven't played any other GTA, they're completely disregarding SP and just taking online into consideration, or they're forcing themselves to overlook how crappy the story was, trying to only think about the gameplay.

This is just f*cking stupid. So us GTA V Fans are labelled as these stereotypes because we appreciate the game? 

If I could pick one, I would pick the 3rd option. I'm certainly not the first 2, but considering that I don't look for story in a game that much I'd go for that one. Don't see how that's a bad thing anyway. 

• GúnZinEss, ten-a-penny, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 1 other like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 25 March 2014 - 11:35 PM.

This is just f*cking stupid. So us GTA V Fans are labelled as these stereotypes because we appreciate the game? 

If I could pick one, I would pick the 3rd option. I'm certainly not the first 2, but considering that I don't look for story in a game that much I'd go for that one. Don't see how that's a bad thing anyway. 

I agree, I for one mainly play single player so Biohazard Abyss's statement is invalid on the second point, as for the first point, i've played every GTA and V is still my favourite.

The ignorant third point is the one I want to talk about, GTA V's story was still great, it just wasn't as good as the story in GTA IV but GTA IV's story never allowed for the same level of quality gameplay that is in GTA V, and despite popular belief, GAMEplay is the most important part of a GAME.

On a side note, people are only whining about every single apsect of GTA V because it's a gameplay focused game, see this thread for proof.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

It's not a bad thing, I just hate you people that don't care for a story at all, and rather just shooty shooty bang bang instead :turn:

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Gameplay and story aren't mutually exclusive you know. You can have both, hence why IV is my favorite.

• SonOfLiberty and Biohazard Abyss like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 25 March 2014 - 10:59 PM.

You know I see you saying that an awful lot, but I don't agree. Just because GTA IV focuses more on story doesn't mean its gameplay isn't to the standard of GTA V's.

Side missions (to me anyway) are one of the most important aspects of a GTA game and that was something I felt GTA V dropped the ball on. I loved all of GTA IV's, but I only like the arms trafficking in GTA V.

GTA IV also had the perks from friends which enchanced the experience like being able to use Dwayne's back up in free roam or mayhem with Packie's bombs. For me GTA IV's gameplay is at least of a similar quality even if it doesn't have as many features.
  • Ermac., ten-a-penny and Biohazard Abyss like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

It's not a bad thing, I just hate you people that don't care for a story at all, and rather just shooty shooty bang bang instead  :turn:

I hate that people don't care for gameplay, and there are a lot of people like that, and what I hate more is that people who actually like gameplay are called childish, I really wish people like that would go and watch movies if they think that it is so childish to actually want games to be fun. I like a good story just as much as the next person but only when the gameplay is great first, a story does absolutely nothing for a game is the gameplay isn't up to standard.

You know I see you saying that an awful lot, but I don't agree. Just because GTA IV focuses more on story doesn't mean its gameplay isn't to the standard of GTA V's.

Side missions (to me anyway) are one of the most important aspects of a GTA game and that was something I felt GTA V dropped the ball on. I loved all of GTA IV's, but I only like the arms trafficking in GTA V.

GTA IV also had the perks from friends which enchanced the experience like being able to use Dwayne's back up in free roam or mayhem with Packie's bombs. For me GTA IV's gameplay is at least of a similar quality even if it doesn't have as many features.

GTA IV's gameplay was great in it's own right only IMO, as an actual GTA game, it felt far too stripped down, vehicle variety is the most important aspect for me and GTA IV has none of that and the mission's, while fun, lacked any sort of variety.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 25 March 2014 - 11:12 PM.

1.GTA 5
2.GTA 4
3.TLAD
Honourable Mention:GTA3,that game did not only changed the franchise,but it Revolutionised and Popularised the Openworld/Sandbox Genre forever and also the gaming industry,13 years after it released it has aged so fast (i never played it or VC :() and i was unfortunate that my sh*tty tablet couldnt make me play this legendary franchise,but 13 years later alot of devs,game journalists,sites and legendary game directors and creators talk about the game's phenomenon impact in the gaming industry (Hideo Kojima talk about this 2 weeks ago) even though every other GTA games that came after it did many things better,it will always be seen as the Modern Creator of the Openworld Genre.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

1. GTA Vice City

I just love everything about it. The atmosphere, the soundtrack, the feel of owning the whole city at the end. enough said

2. GTA 4

Despite the lack of features from the previous games, I still enjoyed GTA 4. I guess it was because of the characters and the new euphoria engine.

3. san andreas

would have been higher on the list but I thought the story was too drawn out and the main character was a push over. Other than that, I had fun looking for myths in the forest with a jetpack! I also loved the way the flames are on that game. made setting burgershot on fire a blast!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:32 AM Edited by StingrayX, 26 March 2014 - 01:36 AM.

1. Vice City - that vibe, that story, and that soundtrack
  2. IV - lovely story, lovely physics, and a city that still intrigues me to this day
  3. V - decent improvements and experiments, great detail, just missed a lot of opportunities
  4. San Andreas - lots of leisure, perfect car variety, but had a bad storyline and was a quantity over quality game
  5. III - improved the GTA series as a whole and was fun to f*ck around with when it was new. I also have a load of memories with this game... that's all I can say

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

1. GTA V

2. GTA IV

3. GTA Vice City

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

1. San Andreas
2. IV + EFLC
3. V
4. VC
5. III
6. VCS
7. LCS

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

I enjoyed GTA V's story a lot. Maybe you guys just didn't pay enough attention to the little things to enjoy. Whatever, flame on!

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

I'm surprised at the love for IV on here.
I got 100% on III, VC, SA, LSC and VCS, yet didn't even finish the story on IV. Not really sure why, just slowly stopped playing it. Might go back to it one day, once I manage to drag my sorry ass away from GTAO.

astonmustang
  • astonmustang

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

I think San Andreas is the best. It has the best map and the best soundtrack, a great selection of vehicles. I like the setting and depending in which area you are, there is always a different atmosphere...

It's actually not the question, but here is my list:

1. GTA San Andreas
2. GTA V
3. GTA Vice City
4. GTA IV
5. GTA III
6. Grand Theft Auto
7. GTA Liberty City Stories
8. GTA The Lost and Damned
9. GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony
10. GTA Vice City Stories
11. GTA Chinatown Wars
12. GTA 2
13. GTA Advance
14. GTA London 69
15. GTA London 61

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

PC MASTER RACE

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

1.GTA V

2.GTA San Andreas

3.GTA VC

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 March 2014 - 12:27 PM.

I think San Andreas is the best. It has the best map and the best soundtrack, a great selection of vehicles. I like the setting and depending in which area you are, there is always a different atmosphere...

It's actually not the question, but here is my list:
1. GTA San Andreas
2. GTA V
3. GTA Vice City
4. GTA IV
5. GTA III
6. Grand Theft Auto
7. GTA Liberty City Stories
8. GTA The Lost and Damned
9. GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony
10. GTA Vice City Stories
11. GTA Chinatown Wars
12. GTA 2
13. GTA Advance
14. GTA London 69
15. GTA London 61

Holy f*ck you played the whole 15 games in the GTA Franchise? Damn you sir are so very cool ;)

astonmustang
  • astonmustang

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Holy f*ck you played the whole 15 games in the GTA Franchise? Damn you sir are so very cool ;)

Thank you ;). It's a real pleasure to play every single game of this great franchise and if you ever have the chance to play a GTA you haven't played yet, you should play it.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:59 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 March 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Thank you ;). It's a real pleasure to play every single game of this great franchise and if you ever have the chance to play a GTA you haven't played yet, you should play it.
no probs bro ;) yeah i would love to play the all the 2D and 3D Era games with the exception of SA (i already downloaded it and played the heck out of it,before V came out) I also have played all the HD games;IV,TLAD,TBoGT and V (with exception of CTW) plus i have the with me...but i mostly want to play GTA (1997),London and GTA2 (although i played a demo of GTA2 which was timed) but if i have enough money with me i would get the all the 2D and 3D games from a retro shop for collection,and yeah GTA is a magnum optus of the gaming industry,and it one of the greatest and beloved franchise with 15 greatest and unique games with a Great History :)
  • astonmustang likes this

astonmustang
  • astonmustang

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

The good thing is that I have all of the 3D and HD games on my PS3 (well except Advance and CW, I got those two on an Emulator, because I don't have a GBA/DS). So I don't even have to move my ass and switch the console :) when playing the games on my PS3. I can't get GTA or GTA 2 to run on my PC so I can't play them no more or the London expansions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users