[WIP] Liberty City Stories PC Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic
FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 02:01 PM.

P3rZ897.png

YAVmB8k.png

The purpose of this mod is to convert Liberty City Stories to San Andreas, yes, I am aware of mods such as LCS on VC, but, I feel the San Andreas engine is more flexable when it comes to modding and due to the fact that other teams have not completed this mod, because of that, Liberty City Stories PC Edition was born. The project is 3 days old, so progress will be updated with time, at the moment I do everything myself, so its a slow start, but hopefully the mod will pickup in the future.

For now, converting the Liberty City Stories map is my main priority, but I am also busy converting peds, as well as cars. 

Z2FDevel.jpg

SURuKq9l.jpg

p5Ho9xJl.jpg

6RWitg5l.jpg

vj4uLQG.png

Progress will be updated in a while, as I'm still sorting everything out.

KaOFL2C.png

FunnySynchro - Mod Leader, Ped converting, Vehicles, Scripting

SaL_Leone - Map converting

rFcgPQG.png

Thanks to the following people:

Dingleman - For the base map, on which everything will be built to save time.

Silent - For his ASI Loader and help.

VCS PC Edition team - The inspiration.

And the wonderful GTAForums community for their tools.

• Mikeol1987, SaL_Leone, AdusPL and 1 other like this

TommyV.
  • TommyV.

Tommy Vercetti

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Great!Will you do missions to?

• SaL_Leone likes this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci Racing
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

City is too bright, Are the models use night vertex colors?

• SaL_Leone likes this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:41 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Yes, I am planning on doing missions, but in the future. :p

Ly5P2VRl.png

@Majestic Not too sure, as this is the map that Dingleman converted from GTA 3, but I'll look into it.

• SaL_Leone likes this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci Racing
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Ly5P2VRl.png

@Majestic Not too sure, as this is the map that Dingleman converted from GTA 3, but I'll look into it.

So you'll convert original LCS Map or just use few models which was changed in LCS?

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Should've done it in the VCS PC engine.

• Tadzik likes this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:48 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 12:49 PM.

Ly5P2VRl.png

So you'll convert original LCS Map or just use few models which was changed in LCS?

I'll ask SaL to remake the map, with original LCS models that is, so it doesn't use GTA 3's map.

EDIT: The city is bright due to colormod being enabled.

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

With LCS, there's no BS.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

You could try and ask Xepomaht007 for some help because he was converting peds and such from LCS to SA a while back.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci Racing
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Oh, when at least one of those LCS "ports" will be released...

00d2e825ca34.jpg

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Oh, when at least one of those LCS "ports" will be released...

00d2e825ca34.jpg

This one, hopefully soon. I literally mod 24 hours, and don't get sleep, just to make progress on this mod. So soon.... very soon. :p 

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci Racing
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

This one, hopefully soon. I literally mod 24 hours, and don't get sleep, just to make progress on this mod. So soon.... very soon. :p

Ok, I'll take you at your word

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Are peds being converted by-hand (I mean by rigging) or automatically?

• SaL_Leone likes this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

By hand, Unfortunately, I do not know how to rig automatically, or do not have the proper tools to do so. 

XEPOMAHT007
  • XEPOMAHT007

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by XEPOMAHT007, 12 April 2014 - 02:08 PM.

LCS Team not give you permission to use the brand "LCS PC Edition" and the contents of the LCS PC Edition. Please rename your mod.

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 02:12 PM.

THIS made my day! So Rockstar Games should rename their game too? You guys don't have trademark on anything... So please.. Go play around somewhere else.

LCS Team not give you permission to use the brand "LCS PC Edition" and the contents of the LCS PC Edition. Please rename your mod.

And your so called "content" was ripped from the game, just like I did.

• SaL_Leone likes this

XEPOMAHT007
  • XEPOMAHT007

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

THIS made my day! So Rockstar Games should rename their game too? You guys don't have trademark on anything... So please.. Go play around somewhere else.

Well, why not here in the gtaforums.com 100500 modifications called "LCS PC Edition" and "VCS PC Edition"?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Okay then, name it "PC Version" :p

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Well, there's 2 now. One that'll probably die and not exist anymore, and one that'll take its place. :p

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Well, there's 2 now. One that'll probably die and not exist anymore, and one that'll take its place. :p

Which is the one that will probably die?
  • Kalvin and MMProductions like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:31 PM Edited by Kalvin, 12 April 2014 - 02:33 PM.

Alright.
LCS PC Edition (VC version) forever! :p

But seriously, I don't see the point in having more than one LCS mod, when playing LCS I get more of a Vice City vibe than SA, but with VCS I get more of a San Andreas vibe.
VCS on VC and LCS on SA to me is just wrong.

Besides, it's most likely that this mod will die and the other one (on VC) will live, as this is mostly just a one man team, there's no point in SaL converting the map by hand either as it's already been converted for all 3 games (III, VC, SA) by MAJEST1C here.

• Tomasak, theNGclan, Mega and 1 other like this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci Racing
  • Russia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by MAJEST1C_R3, 12 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

At least they used brand "LCS PC Edition" earlier than you. In modding community I think it is can be taken as trademark. So please don't make a plagiarism

there's no point in SaL converting the map by hand either as it's already been converted for all 3 games (III, VC, SA) by MAJEST1C

They refuse to use my maps because of backface culling in VC. Fortunately I know how to disable it for VC through patching the executable and will add a special patcher into my map converter.

• Kalvin likes this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:59 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 03:00 PM.

The purpose of this mod is to convert Liberty City Stories to San Andreas, yes, I am aware of mods such as LCS on VC, but, I feel the San Andreas engine is more flexible when it comes to modding

And I was talking about Xepomaht's mod, yeah, they got the name before me, but it just doesn't seem right to have VCS PC Edition and lets say a LCS PC Version.... :p

_DK
  • _DK

Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

One that'll probably die and not exist anymore, and one that'll take its place.

At least that one has coders and programmers in the team, let's say, 'professional' modders. And what I see here are few noobs who can't even convert the map themself, show us hackneyed screens with map and peds and nothing more.
Sorry, that's not interesting for me.
  • MAJEST1C_R3 likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• Feroci Racing
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

and in the end i'll beat you all with my porting of the x86 version of LCS that's likely going to be released late this year/early next year :)

don't you love long-term planning?

• ThirteenAG, Silent, hc41 and 3 others like this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Oh well... I guess this topic is... 

hqdefault.jpg

Good day to you all. 

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Are peds being converted by-hand (I mean by rigging) or automatically?

By hand, unfortunately, I do not know how to rig automatically, or do not have the proper tools to do so.

I could adapt a MaxScript I scripted recently for attaching skinned meshes sharing the same skeleton bone names to this instance.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I don't think he has to do that but content can't be used. This game obviously looks like he installed LCS PCE and uploaded picture of that

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

I don't think he has to do that but content can't be used. This game obviously looks like he installed LCS PCE and uploaded picture of that

No,he converted everything from original LCS.

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 12 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

WHAT a load of horse sh*t! It's obvious that you haven't tried out their LCS mod, because there's a huge difference!

^ Mine most certainly doesn't look like this. Its probably because we used the same map as base.

The fact that I extracted every model from the game MYSELF, rigged everything MYSELF and be told that "This game obviously looks like he installed LCS PCE and uploaded picture of that" I get super fricking p*ssed.

• sharpie_eastern likes this

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by elMarcoPL, 12 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

@Wesser I just asked out of curiosity. It isn't such a big deal to make a script like that in MaxScript. It's just about changing bones' values and adding a few, to make hierarchy as the one from San Andreas.

//edit - forgot that it's from stock LCS... then it is a bigger deal :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users