Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to make the iFruit app less worthless?

149 replies to this topic

Poll: iFruit App (210 member(s) have cast votes)

What features would you like to see on the iFruit app?

1. Make/receive calls to Lester, Pegasus, Mechanic, etc. (71 votes [6.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.20%

2. Make/receive calls to other players (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.28%

3. Send/receive texts about mission invites, etc. (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

4. Send/receive texts to other players (81 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

5. Snapmatic app to take IRL photos of you playing GTAO (31 votes [2.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

6. Tank app to call in Tank Strike (27 votes [2.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.36%

7. Music streaming from your phone to in-game car - listen to your own music (151 votes [13.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.18%

8. Navigation - set waypoints, see map, hear street-by-street directions (82 votes [7.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.16%

9. Offline mode - send messages to friends and crew members even when offline (70 votes [6.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

10. Nuke app - send a nuke to somebody (offline and online mode) (28 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

11. Organize playlists and group messages while offline (48 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

12. Videoconference with hookers (39 votes [3.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.40%

13. Random session - view another random session and call airstrikes, bounties, nukes, tanks etc. on players in that session (28 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

14. Set bounties (72 votes [6.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

15. View zoomable live map and be able to paint players for airstrikes and nukes (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

16. Call for car (64 votes [5.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.58%

17. Call mugger (61 votes [5.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

18. Call airstrike (59 votes [5.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

19. Send mercs (63 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

20. Other (please explain) (24 votes [2.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:48 AM Edited by jtet37, 11 May 2014 - 08:07 AM.

HOW IS VIDEOCONFERENCE W HOOKERS NOT THE WINNER BY A LANDSLIDE???? come on 12 year old screamers, dont let me down!!!

best part, hookerS, as in more than one.....wonder what the rate will be? i imagine the real deals start around the 5th or 6th hooker, the charlie sheen rate
  • scubadave likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by Sh4d0wX32111, 10 May 2014 - 09:50 AM.

You actually must use ifruit app on your device to contact others, join jobs, call pegasus and what not. If you call Pegasus and the automated system hears a high pitched whine resembling the screech of a thousand falcons, she laughs and discontinues his service for a day.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Nuke_explosion.gif

Nuke app  :lol:

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Nukes? EMPs? Go back to cod

• Da_WickedJester likes this

Da_WickedJester
  • Da_WickedJester

Why So Serious Mafia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Allowing my custom license plate to be functional in-game.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

YES!! U mean have ur bawsaq on ur ifruit? and play with it during office meetings, group meetings, homework study in the library, etc.???

YES.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

HOW IS VIDEOCONFERENCE W HOOKERS NOT THE WINNER BY A LANDSLIDE???? common 12 year old screamers, dont let me down!!!

best part, hookerS, as in more than one.....wonder what the rate will be? i imagine the real deals start around the 5th or 6th hooker, the charlie sheen rate

YES!!! thats what I am saying. we are talking carlito estevez rate. so buy 5 get 6th free and  u dont have to pay extra for the weird stuff and they will bring along the mountain lion..

s3XxuXv.png

TBH when they announced the iFruit app I thought it would be some revolutionary device-game interoperability that would change the way we view gaming in famous Rockstar fashion. But instead we got to feed Chomp and change our license plates (once per lifetime). It seemed like a half-a$$ attempt. I'm sure Rockstar has already thought of most of these and they are probably waiting to do a big unveil in a future patch, but let's prioritize for them.

How to make the iFruit app less worthless...

CALLS

They could make it slightly less useless by having it do everything the in-game phone does... Like you could call Lester on your real phone and he would actually answer on your headset and respond (like he already does). Nothing that isn't already there. You'd have iFruit running and go to contacts, find Lester, press call, he answers on your phone, you select who u want to place the bounty on, he responds on your phone. The advantage would be having the iFruit not interfere with gameplay. Answer and perform actions with natural speech, the iFruit will set bounties and deliver tanks hands-free.

And when u get calls from Dom, your real phone rings and you can answer it like a real phone. Maybe even videoconference with Nikki from Vanilla.

y8YDmen.jpg

Setting a bounty through the iFruit app.

Ol1OAGo.png

Calling up Merryweather while offline and dropping a nuke on a random session.

TEXTS

Right now, texting to other players is too difficult unless u have a keyboard on ur controller and even then, it takes u out of the game too much meanwhile u might white flag it but ur missing the action. So, just let us send and receive texts on the iFruit app and you could drive, fire off tank rounds and send texts at the same f-ing time.

Xbox Smartglass already syncs things with xbox/game/ipad/iphone etc. so this is nothing new, just integrated into iFruit.

2fnyvW4.jpg

"Oh, look, Ron texted me."

APPS

There would be other apps installed, like:

• Snapmatic where you could upload photos of you IRL up to the servers
  • Stream your own music to the car
  • A dedicated tank app that can call up tanks and buzzards and deploy them to a player of your choice
  • Navigation - set waypoints and see the GPS

f3HXWqr.jpg

The familiar iFruit interface.

MULTI-SESSION MODE

View another session (map and player list only) and be able to set bounties, drop nukes, call in a Tank Strike, jam player's cars with EMPs, etc. without having to actually join the session. Either some random session or from your friends list or recent players you've encountered.

OFFLINE MODE

Even when ur not connected, u could call Lester but you'd get voicemail, or you could see which friends/crew are on the game and where they are on the map and even send them messages while they are in the game but u are not. Plan some missions, put them on a list, call up a tank strike and send it to someone, airdrop it, nuke somebody from ur ifruit, etc.

Think about having Lester, Merryweather, the Mechanic, the hookers all on your phone contacts.

This list could go on and on. Anybody else have any ideas on how we could make the iFruit app less worthless???

UPDATES:

You could also send anonymous texts through Rockstar to your IRL contact list.

7GW3z7m.jpg

Another great benefit of this revised iFruit is offline text messaging and a more social GTAO community. So people u meet in a session you could hit up later, for example, to plan a mission playlist or just chat:

fvtIjip.jpg

also, of the above text messaging examples, which would you think wuld be the most effectve (informal poll, just post ur fave).......

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

also, of the above text messaging examples, which would you think wuld be the most effectve (informal poll, just post ur fave).......

the third pic, the one w the vaguely asian lookin chick w the cute hair cut, she'd be most effective, actually shes so effective..... i think i just finished......
  • scubadave likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

L'enchanteur de fappe

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

7GW3z7m.jpg

I've seen this girl's photo everywhere and this is the funniest sh*t of her pic being used. :lol:

Anyway, I need her photo collection, where can i get? Can't find on google.

• scubadave and Heists like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Another great benefit of this revised iFruit is offline text messaging and a more social GTAO community. So people u meet in a session you could hit up later, for example, to plan a mission playlist or just chat:

fvtIjip.jpg

why is this not in the game yet?!?!?!?!?

Shotty Pop
  • Shotty Pop

Playa

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Why was this bumped?

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

*Steps out of meeting*

"Someones calling me, excuse me"

"HAY ITS BROOCIE BAYBAY!!"

• scubadave, Heists, mareepx and 1 other like this

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

The current ifruit app is near on 200mb and I cant see a single reason why.. There are highly detailed 3d games that are around 30mb and yet playing a cartoonised chop game seems to bring my dual core tablet to a halt, ls customs takes about 60 seconds to load and is basic to say the least. It just seems rather pointless.. Being able to sync playlists, message other players and call Lester and the like would be wonderful.
  • scubadave and Heists like this

ShiviSRT-10
  • ShiviSRT-10

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by ShiviSRT-10, 27 August 2014 - 10:51 AM.

REDUCE THE 400MB!!!!! SIZE OF THE APP! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DATA? YOU CAN ONLY DO TWO THINGS WITH IT!

edit: ninja'd :p point still stands

• scubadave likes this

CapoV91
  • CapoV91

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Music hands down I'm so sick of the in game tracklist
  • scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

*Steps out of meeting*

"Someones calling me, excuse me"

"HAY ITS BROOCIE BAYBAY!!"

yep!! we would get stuff like that during important meetings etc.!!!

The current ifruit app is near on 200mb and I cant see a single reason why.. There are highly detailed 3d games that are around 30mb and yet playing a cartoonised chop game seems to bring my dual core tablet to a halt, ls customs takes about 60 seconds to load and is basic to say the least. It just seems rather pointless.. Being able to sync playlists, message other players and call Lester and the like would be wonderful.

yes. i deleted it when i saw how big the file was.

REDUCE THE 400MB!!!!! SIZE OF THE APP! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DATA? YOU CAN ONLY DO TWO THINGS WITH IT!

edit: ninja'd :p point still stands

yes

Music hands down I'm so sick of the in game tracklist

i was sick of it before launched

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

Perhaps all the mods and improvements to the iFruit app (for iphone/ipad and android) are being held back for release with the xb1/ps4 release? maybe a feature that is meant to get people to upgrade???

• LightningLord likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

I chose other.

I'd like for the thing to work...period.

I can't download it to my Android device (Sony Experia Ultra Z)

And on my other phone which is a Windows device (Nokia 520) it worked for a time, now I get a black screen when trying to load it.

So...das ist kaput for the IFruit App.
  • scubadave likes this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by UP9390, 24 September 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Rockstar needs to seriously get rid of the app, allow plate changing in-game, and get rid of the "Unique Plates" crap! And also add some new characters such as a dash ( - ) and other stuff. Liberty and Alderney Plates would be nice!!!

7nvd
  • 7nvd

Wakeboarder

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

I remember playing Vice City on a pc, back in the day where my mp3's where all 156kbps, but I loved it so much hearing them on the car radio!

If it was possible then, why can't we have that now?

Epsilon_Program
  • Epsilon_Program

KIFFLOM

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

With Smartglass and Xbox One version coming very soon. A lot of these ideas could become reality. 

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

I chose other.

I'd like for the thing to work...period.

I can't download it to my Android device (Sony Experia Ultra Z)

And on my other phone which is a Windows device (Nokia 520) it worked for a time, now I get a black screen when trying to load it.

So...das ist kaput for the IFruit App.

you're not using sony's rootkit then or jailbreak it. 

Rockstar needs to seriously get rid of the app, allow plate changing in-game, and get rid of the "Unique Plates" crap! And also add some new characters such as a dash ( - ) and other stuff. Liberty and Alderney Plates would be nice!!!

and some symbols in there too, like a middle finger or smiley.

I remember playing Vice City on a pc, back in the day where my mp3's where all 156kbps, but I loved it so much hearing them on the car radio!

If it was possible then, why can't we have that now?

$$$ and the R* summer interns are back at Uni for the year.

With Smartglass and Xbox One version coming very soon. A lot of these ideas could become reality. 

What we'll get is probably additional Chop functions.

NOVITEQ
  • NOVITEQ

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Seems to me like you just love tanks. 😀

VictoriaLynnnn
  • VictoriaLynnnn

SRMC Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

This was hilarious, 10/10 would read again. I demand more content from OP!

• scubadave, Heists and Artruo like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

I am glad to see this topic once again. I do think that for full effectiveness of the 'videoconference with hookers' , we either need more hookers in GTA V or maybe an option to expand this to RL matters.

Also, maybe the app could have a feature where I can access my character's wardrobe and dress them differently in anticipation for next time I reach my console. Maybe we could have a button which results in the instant chroming of all one's vehicles (gold if that is their preference) and dollar rims, accompanied with a musical horn...

• scubadave likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

worst idea ever talk to other players on my phone app? Text on my phone you still have to stop playing and text the mic fixes that problem its hands free,bounty in offline only good for trollers every 30minutes on same player I don't even like the car mods feature you can't see how your car looks and you still need to go to lsc I'm with other members fix the Ifruit

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

I am glad to see this topic once again. I do think that for full effectiveness of the 'videoconference with hookers' , we either need more hookers in GTA V or maybe an option to expand this to RL matters.

Also, maybe the app could have a feature where I can access my character's wardrobe and dress them differently in anticipation for next time I reach my console. Maybe we could have a button which results in the instant chroming of all one's vehicles (gold if that is their preference) and dollar rims, accompanied with a musical horn...

The videoconference with hookers IRL edition would work like this, GTA players could sign up to role play the hookers online. during a session, if u see a hooker and pick one up the videochat would kick in and take over the screen, connecting you with the gta player who is role playing the hooker. after that, you can exchange GTA$ for whatever transpires during the v/c session.

similar to this:

ImpureClearcutHylaeosaurus.gif

worst idea ever talk to other players on my phone app? Text on my phone you still have to stop playing and text the mic fixes that problem its hands free,bounty in offline only good for trollers every 30minutes on same player I don't even like the car mods feature you can't see how your car looks and you still need to go to lsc I'm with other members fix the Ifruit

perhaps you dont understand how the bounty in offline mode works... you would still have to pay a fee to use the offline mode, like $250. and if you wanted to auto-bounty somebody (say set a bounty every 30 minutes) you could sign up for x number of bounties total. so say you wanted to set a bounty on a player every 30minutes (while they are online only, doesnt count if they are not in  a session, it just waits for them to login), then you would buy 100 total bounties at the bounty price (say $2k) and the autobounty fee ($250), so each bounty costs $2,250x100=225,000. and the other player would pretty much be getting bounty'd for the next 30 minutesx100=3000 minutes=50 hours of gameplay.

• Artruo and mareepx like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

The videoconference with hookers IRL edition would work like this, GTA players could sign up to role play the hookers online. during a session, if u see a hooker and pick one up the videochat would kick in and take over the screen, connecting you with the gta player who is role playing the hooker. after that, you can exchange GTA$ for whatever transpires during the v/c session.

similar to this:

ImpureClearcutHylaeosaurus.gif

perhaps you dont understand how the bounty in offline mode works... you would still have to pay a fee to use the offline mode, like $250. and if you wanted to auto-bounty somebody (say set a bounty every 30 minutes) you could sign up for x number of bounties total. so say you wanted to set a bounty on a player every 30minutes (while they are online only, doesnt count if they are not in  a session, it just waits for them to login), then you would buy 100 total bounties at the bounty price (say $2k) and the autobounty fee ($250), so each bounty costs $2,250x100=225,000. and the other player would pretty much be getting bounty'd for the next 30 minutesx100=3000 minutes=50 hours of gameplay.
No no no you don't understand I meant its bad idea for the person getting said bounty the victim, in game you could just change sessions and you most likely would not meet the one who set the bounty again but the way you describe it would suck getting a bounty every 30 minutes unless you have a friend to use it in your favor I just don't see the reason for a I fruit app, maybe buy a psvita

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

OTHER:

Allow for custom licence plate changes.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

similar to this:

No no no you don't understand I meant its bad idea for the person getting said bounty the victim, in game you could just change sessions and you most likely would not meet the one who set the bounty again but the way you describe it would suck getting a bounty every 30 minutes unless you have a friend to use it in your favor I just don't see the reason for a I fruit app, maybe buy a psvita

well, that is possible, but in all honesty, that would just be part of the game. there are a lot of things that some players might deem to suck but other's favorite feature. just another feature, how you use it is up to the player. the feature itself is neither good or bad.

OTHER:

Allow for custom licence plate changes.

this is such an obvious one i don't know what R* is thinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users