Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to make the iFruit app less worthless?

149 replies to this topic

Poll: iFruit App (210 member(s) have cast votes)

What features would you like to see on the iFruit app?

1. Make/receive calls to Lester, Pegasus, Mechanic, etc. (71 votes [6.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.20%

2. Make/receive calls to other players (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.28%

3. Send/receive texts about mission invites, etc. (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

4. Send/receive texts to other players (81 votes [7.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

5. Snapmatic app to take IRL photos of you playing GTAO (31 votes [2.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

6. Tank app to call in Tank Strike (27 votes [2.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.36%

7. Music streaming from your phone to in-game car - listen to your own music (151 votes [13.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.18%

8. Navigation - set waypoints, see map, hear street-by-street directions (82 votes [7.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.16%

9. Offline mode - send messages to friends and crew members even when offline (70 votes [6.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

10. Nuke app - send a nuke to somebody (offline and online mode) (28 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

11. Organize playlists and group messages while offline (48 votes [4.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

12. Videoconference with hookers (39 votes [3.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.40%

13. Random session - view another random session and call airstrikes, bounties, nukes, tanks etc. on players in that session (28 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

14. Set bounties (72 votes [6.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

15. View zoomable live map and be able to paint players for airstrikes and nukes (49 votes [4.28%] - View)

16. Call for car (64 votes [5.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.58%

17. Call mugger (61 votes [5.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

18. Call airstrike (59 votes [5.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

19. Send mercs (63 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

20. Other (please explain) (24 votes [2.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Doesn't matter to me, I don't have a smart phone.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by scubadave, 26 April 2014 - 04:51 AM.

s3XxuXv.png

TBH when they announced the iFruit app I thought it would be some revolutionary device-game interoperability that would change the way we view gaming in famous Rockstar fashion. But instead we got to feed Chomp and change our license plates (once per lifetime). It seemed like a half-a$$ attempt. I'm sure Rockstar has already thought of most of these and they are probably waiting to do a big unveil in a future patch, but let's prioritize for them.

How to make the iFruit app less worthless...

CALLS

They could make it slightly less useless by having it do everything the in-game phone does... Like you could call Lester on your real phone and he would actually answer on your headset and respond (like he already does). Nothing that isn't already there. You'd have iFruit running and go to contacts, find Lester, press call, he answers on your phone, you select who u want to place the bounty on, he responds on your phone. The advantage would be having the iFruit not interfere with gameplay. Answer and perform actions with natural speech, the iFruit will set bounties and deliver tanks hands-free.

And when u get calls from Dom, your real phone rings and you can answer it like a real phone. Maybe even videoconference with Nikki from Vanilla.

y8YDmen.jpg

Setting a bounty through the iFruit app.

Ol1OAGo.png

Calling up Merryweather while offline and dropping a nuke on a random session.

TEXTS

Right now, texting to other players is too difficult unless u have a keyboard on ur controller and even then, it takes u out of the game too much meanwhile u might white flag it but ur missing the action. So, just let us send and receive texts on the iFruit app and you could drive, fire off tank rounds and send texts at the same f-ing time.

Xbox Smartglass already syncs things with xbox/game/ipad/iphone etc. so this is nothing new, just integrated into iFruit.

2fnyvW4.jpg

"Oh, look, Ron texted me."

APPS

There would be other apps installed, like:

• Snapmatic where you could upload photos of you IRL up to the servers
  • Stream your own music to the car
  • A dedicated tank app that can call up tanks and buzzards and deploy them to a player of your choice
  • Navigation - set waypoints and see the GPS

f3HXWqr.jpg

The familiar iFruit interface.

MULTI-SESSION MODE

View another session (map and player list only) and be able to set bounties, drop nukes, call in a Tank Strike, jam player's cars with EMPs, etc. without having to actually join the session. Either some random session or from your friends list or recent players you've encountered.

OFFLINE MODE

Even when ur not connected, u could call Lester but you'd get voicemail, or you could see which friends/crew are on the game and where they are on the map and even send them messages while they are in the game but u are not. Plan some missions, put them on a list, call up a tank strike and send it to someone, airdrop it, nuke somebody from ur ifruit, etc.

Think about having Lester, Merryweather, the Mechanic, the hookers all on your phone contacts.

This list could go on and on. Anybody else have any ideas on how we could make the iFruit app less worthless???

UPDATES:

You could also send anonymous texts through Rockstar to your IRL contact list.

7GW3z7m.jpg

Another great benefit of this revised iFruit is offline text messaging and a more social GTAO community. So people u meet in a session you could hit up later, for example, to plan a mission playlist or just chat:

fvtIjip.jpg

• WillWorthington3 and kipakolonyasi like this

GTA Master
  • GTA Master

Failed to load member title.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Im actually for this. Well most of it
  • scubadave likes this

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 22 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

Nope, sorry but keep the game in the game. These second screen-App features break games. Just look at commander mode in battlefield 4, broken. These kinds of things will not work until a developer makes a nearly flawless bug free game, and by the time that happens, games will probably be outlawed.
  • scubadave likes this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

"Music streaming from your phone to in-game car - listen to your own music" (too lazy to quote entire post then delete all the shiz)

This for sure. I need to listen to all my phat beats!

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Nope, sorry but keep the game in the game. These second screen-App features break games. Just look at commander mode in battlefield 4, broken. These kinds of things will not work until a developer makes a nearly flawless bug free game, and by the time that happens, games will probably be outlawed.

what could go wrong with unencrypted "set bounty" commands being sent in from jailbroken iphone apps?

• WillWorthington3 and PG. like this

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Meh, when the current version of the cloud can run without server problems and the consoles quit freezing and lagging from processing garage request, then we will see what can go wrong with hypothetical new features.

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

They need to add a tank app

• scubadave likes this

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

picture this:
ur at work but hey you get a notification on ur phone from the ifruit 2.0 app that somebody ur tracking (new feature) signed on. so u pull up the ifruit app and view his session. u see the player list and the map. he has the circle slash at LSC (he doing the unlimited wheel glitch), so u pull up ur contacts and dial up mayweather. then select the Tank Strike feature for $1k (also a new feature) and place the "drop point" in the courtyard outside of the LSC. then push "activate'. the guy exits LSC with 2 tanks firing at him. u close up ifruit and go back to work.

No, you picture this:

It's the middle of the month. You get home from school/work/where ever. You check the mail. Junk, junk, bill, junk, bill, phone bill. You open it up, $400. You ask yourself WTF!!!!!!! Then you remember that stupid ass app you downloaded that turned your phone into a operating computer for a game that you couldn't take a break from for 2 hours.

In short, stupidest idea I've ever heard.

P.S. WTF is a mayweather?
Here is a mayweather

28hdamv.jpg

So I call up Floyd and he sends in a couple of tanks? Why the f*ck would I pay for it then? Dude made 75 million last year.

If Floyd Mayweather made $75,000,000....he MUST be hacking....I am reporting him to R*
  • scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by Raavi, 25 April 2014 - 11:47 PM.

please elaborate...

If Floyd Mayweather made $75,000,000....he MUST be hacking....I am reporting him to R*

he grinded coveted for 25 days straight.

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

please elaborate...

Tank customization like LSC but more customization options, Tank Shifts, Ability to call pegasus for a tank or use a spawn location like LSC or apartments. we should be able to call more than one tank and with the tank app we could call merryweather and send Tanks that work like mercenaries. now I don't know if this should also be added to the tanks list and be part of the iFruit Tank app, we should probably be able to use the tank options in the app.

• scubadave likes this

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Have someone other than R* code the app. Right now from the looks of it they seem to have let developmentally disabled chimpanzees code it.
  • WillWorthington3 and matajuegos01 like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

Have someone other than R* code the app. Right now from the looks of it they seem to have let developmentally disabled chimpanzees code it.

You're awesome :D

MartinMadrazo
  • MartinMadrazo

I have a job for you come In-game NOW!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Imagine if they added the call system and your in work/school you get a call..

" Hey *Niko its your cousin lets go bowling"

• WillWorthington3 likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

please elaborate...

Tank customization like LSC but more customization options, Tank Shifts, Ability to call pegasus for a tank or use a spawn location like LSC or apartments. we should be able to call more than one tank and with the tank app we could call merryweather and send Tanks that work like mercenaries. now I don't know if this should also be added to the tanks list and be part of the iFruit Tank app, we should probably be able to use the tank options in the app.

probably be better if we had it on a table too. so you could see the whole map and just send one tank or many to different regions. easier to see where u've sent tanks and where you need to send tanks.

• PG. likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but we should have an app that gives us access to all scubdave verified jobs.

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but we should have an app that gives us access to all scubdave verified jobs.

I think it was mentioned in another thread but yes, that is a good point and will add that to the list.

In regards to sorting, would it be useful to be able to sort the Scubadave Verified jobs by 1) type 2) date that it was Scubadave Verified and 3) thumbs-up count?

• PG. likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

well, I cant even download it from google play in China, f*ck that

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

well, I cant even download it from google play in China, f*ck that

maybe jailbreak an iphone???

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

hey what should i do to sign up to scubadave social club? 

• scubadave likes this

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

We should be able to call Lester IRL

I love that idea!  Whenever you're in trouble, you could call the voice actor for Lester at home and ask him for favors.

Of course, he probably actually has a thick Scottish accent and doesn't appreciate being called by total strangers at 2 in the morning, but he should've thought about that before he signed the damned contract!

• scubadave likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by cookiemonster14, 09 May 2014 - 05:24 PM.

We should be able to change our license plate more than once and an app for the ScubaDave Fan club, or make it part of the Scubadave app. Also an idea for the Nuke app: We should be able to select a location for the Nukes (Suitcase nuke, crate drop nuke etc.)  like LSC or apartments.   Might want to add an apartment customization app to customize our apartments, Chrome apartments, Turbo NOS Apartments, etc.

• scubadave likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Get rid of the god damn app and just put its features in the game. It's f*cking stupid.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

I voted for:

bullet_star_rated.png Send/receive texts about mission invites, etc. 

bullet_star_rated.png Send/receive texts to other players

bullet_star_rated.png Other (please explain)

Other: Real-time stock ticker for stock market would allow us to monitor our investments while away and make decisions without having to load the game.

I say NO to music streaming because of bandwidth limits/restrictions and there are better ways to implement it.

• scubadave likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

Make it available for the in-game phone. Why the hell do they insist that we do GTAO stuff outside of GTAO?
  • Kampioen and Midnightz like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Did they ever get this app to Android phones? I havent looked since back in October but I just did a quick search and didnt see the app at all.

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

This thread disturbs the hell out of me. I don't understand why someone would spend so much time on an OP, when "So, what would you like to see added to the iFruit app?" would have sufficed just fine.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by scubadave, 10 May 2014 - 07:06 AM.

hey what should i do to sign up to scubadave social club?

you  start by placing the scubadave fan club logo in ur sig. either the viral infection one or the other one. then u will be contacted about the membership kit and welcome letter.

We should be able to change our license plate more than once and an app for the ScubaDave Fan club, or make it part of the Scubadave app. Also an idea for the Nuke app: We should be able to select a location for the Nukes (Suitcase nuke, crate drop nuke etc.)  like LSC or apartments.   Might want to add an apartment customization app to customize our apartments, Chrome apartments, Turbo NOS Apartments, etc.

yes, change it for the scubadave fan club. probably just roll it into the scubadave app. the nuke app would be released second. then then third, i mean fourth would be the apartment app with chrome. tank app is second, i forgot. after ifruit 2.0

I voted for:

bullet_star_rated.png Send/receive texts about mission invites, etc.
bullet_star_rated.png Send/receive texts to other players
bullet_star_rated.png Other (please explain)

Other: Real-time stock ticker for stock market would allow us to monitor our investments while away and make decisions without having to load the game.

I say NO to music streaming because of bandwidth limits/restrictions and there are better ways to implement it.

YES!! U mean have ur bawsaq on ur ifruit? and play with it during office meetings, group meetings, homework study in the library, etc.???

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Did they ever get this app to Android phones? I havent looked since back in October but I just did a quick search and didnt see the app at all.

It took them quite a while but it did eventually get released on the Android platform.

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

For some odd reason, when I read scubadave's posts they make me feel fuzzy inside...
  • scubadave likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users