Photo

is read dead redemption a video game on GTA 5

17 replies to this topic
Jeff Holmes
  • Jeff Holmes

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by Jeff Holmes, 12 April 2014 - 02:33 PM.

I ask this question because there is a ped wearing and john marston t-shirt you think  they wouldn't have a t-sh*t of him if he were real but when I think about the book that was written by j.marston (jack marston i take it) anyways just a question don't hate 

• oSEVENo likes this

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Yes...Micheal plays it in the Mission unlocked after beating the game 100%, I believe it's the one where you get the Jetpack....

• universetwisters and stjimmy3 like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

Elevator's not worthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

They're just Easter Eggs, and John being a father option for Online Character Creation is just and extra, but IMO in the mission The Last One for Franklin suggests that RDR might be set in the same universe...

• Cake* Games likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

just a question don't hate 

Just an answer, no. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

What if 3D universe games are actual games in the HD universe? Like, Michelle has San Andreas' Box right on a shelf under her TV.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

It would make sense if it is set in the same universe, it would be cool and interesting if you ask me

Jeff Holmes
  • Jeff Holmes

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

It would make sense if it is set in the same universe, it would be cool and interesting if you ask me

thanks man a lot of people are hating even though it was just a question 

They're just Easter Eggs, and John being a father option for Online Character Creation is just and extra, but IMO in the mission The Last One for Franklin suggests that RDR might be set in the same universe...

i know there easter eggs I just thought it was kinda weird that there was a ped with john marston T-shirt as i said it was just a question 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

I think it's supposed to be a fictional universe inside GTA. That's my take on it, anyway.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Sophie Ellis-Bextor <3

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

No, RDR Mention "New York" which is in "Liberty City" in GTA Universe

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:38 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 12 April 2014 - 04:39 AM.

People think too heavily into the Easter Eggs...

Red Dead incorporates New York and California, like Max Payne, more than likely excluding them from the GTA Universe. Manhunt on the other hand...

Carcer City is explicitly referenced on GTA radio, peds, and most convincingly, by Michael talking about his first score. 

You said "Read Dead" by the way... I'd make fun of you for it, but I've done that at least two or three times in post titles' past.

• ryan_J likes this

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

Manhunt on the other hand...

Carcer City is explicitly referenced on GTA radio, peds, and most convincingly, by Michael talking about his first score. 

I noticed this when I played the Paleto Score again yesterday, I think Michael is the only confirmed GTA character to ever have been in or near Carcer City, quite interesting I'd say.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:18 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 12 April 2014 - 05:19 AM.

No, RDR Mention "New York" which is in "Liberty City" in GTA Universe
Yeah, but the song 'New York Groove' is on Liberty Rock Radio.

And im fairly certain 'California Love' pumps on Bounce FM in San Andreas.

If their intention was for these parodies to be replacements, I dont think they would've included these songs. They probably just exist alongside one another.
  • Cake* Games likes this

Jeff Holmes
  • Jeff Holmes

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

People think too heavily into the Easter Eggs...

Red Dead incorporates New York and California, like Max Payne, more than likely excluding them from the GTA Universe. Manhunt on the other hand...

You said "Read Dead" by the way... I'd make fun of you for it, but I've done that at least two or three times in post titles' past.

sorry about it was late when I posted this and i have know idea how to edit this is only the second forum I posted 

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I noticed this when I played the Paleto Score again yesterday, I think Michael is the only confirmed GTA character to ever have been in or near Carcer City, quite interesting I'd say.

Didn't Claude execute the bank job in Carcer City, with Catalina way back in the opening of GTAIII?

• Cake* Games likes this

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

....was that in Carcer City? I guess it would make sense as Carcer could be to the North, and the actual bank cutscene wasnt actually anywhere to be found in Liberty City.

Never really thought of that.

Packing_Heat
  • Packing_Heat

Fido

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Didn't Claude execute the bank job in Carcer City, with Catalina way back in the opening of GTAIII?

Nope, it's supposed to be a section of upstate Liberty.. Also, the bank was named The Bank of Liberty.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Nope, it's supposed to be a section of upstate Liberty.. Also, the bank was named The Bank of Liberty.

Thanks for setting that straight for me, that post got me straight up confused and I didn't want to risk looking like an idiot. Also I saw your thread in General Chat, welcome back to the forum.

• Packing_Heat likes this

Packing_Heat
  • Packing_Heat

Fido

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users