Quantcast

» «
Photo

What should I do when I facing a P-996 Lazer?

226 replies to this topic
LurkingLurker
  • LurkingLurker

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

i hate players on the ground who cling to a wall building

its not impossible to kill but i'd rather find easier prey

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

The best way to defeat a lazer pilot is to avoid grabbing their attention to begin with.

Here is a list of triggers that usually cause me or other pilots to go into kill mode. 

In all seriousness-

1. Using a mic and talking in game chat(your chances are amplified if you are a sh*t talker and acting "gangster")

2. Existing at an area on the map which is populated with other players.

3. Being present anywhere near Fort Zancudo or heading towards its direction. Pilots will probably look at their map every minute and a half or so to see if anyone else is attempting to commandeer a lazer. 

4. Using xenon headlights... TURN THEM OFFF!!!!!!!!

Besides number 2 - OMG YOU ARE MY TWIN

I kill people in passive mode by flying into them, usually blow myself up after a while but 1 kill by hitting a player with the jet is worth it.

Some guy was doing the 'jerk' action and I ran him over outisde the base I couldn't stop laughing - my jet didn't even get damaged

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

Pilot Lord

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by XJackalX, 28 May 2014 - 02:35 PM.

The best way to defeat a lazer pilot is to avoid grabbing their attention to begin with.

Here is a list of triggers that usually cause me or other pilots to go into kill mode. 

In all seriousness-

1. Using a mic and talking in game chat(your chances are amplified if you are a sh*t talker and acting "gangster")

2. Existing at an area on the map which is populated with other players.

3. Being present anywhere near Fort Zancudo or heading towards its direction. Pilots will probably look at their map every minute and a half or so to see if anyone else is attempting to commandeer a lazer. 

4. Using xenon headlights... TURN THEM OFFF!!!!!!!!

Besides number 2 - OMG YOU ARE MY TWIN

I kill people in passive mode by flying into them, usually blow myself up after a while but 1 kill by hitting a player with the jet is worth it.

Some guy was doing the 'jerk' action and I ran him over outisde the base I couldn't stop laughing - my jet didn't even get damaged

I forgot those "crime family" type clans, which should probably be number 2 instead. 

Edit: By the way I feel flattered. :D

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

What I don't get with R* is why they made it so easy to steal a jet in the first place. For a kick off it's not that hard to break into Fort Zancudo and there isn't enough resistance when you do. They really do need to buff up FZ to make it harder. Also I can understand why people would rather steal a jet than ringing lester and paying $5k. But surely it would be better if they just removed the lazer from lester's aircraft list. Whilst I think the jet is op I know full well that many others will disagree and say the tank is op.  

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

What I don't get with R* is why they made it so easy to steal a jet in the first place. For a kick off it's not that hard to break into Fort Zancudo and there isn't enough resistance when you do. They really do need to buff up FZ to make it harder. Also I can understand why people would rather steal a jet than ringing lester and paying $5k. But surely it would be better if they just removed the lazer from lester's aircraft list. Whilst I think the jet is op I know full well that many others will disagree and say the tank is op.  

Ive never really seen a jet do anything orther than kill tanks and crash, lol!  they are very easy to avoid if you watch your map and pose zero threat if you go passive, i never go passive when i see a jet cause you really dont need to.  tanks on the other hand can be a bitch in the right hands.

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Ive never really seen a jet do anything orther than kill tanks and crash, lol!  they are very easy to avoid if you watch your map and pose zero threat if you go passive, i never go passive when i see a jet cause you really dont need to.  tanks on the other hand can be a bitch in the right hands.

Yes tanks can be pretty lethal in the right hands but there fairly slow and easy to avoid. In my opinion if you get blown up by a tank by driving past in your pv then, I think you deserve your fate for being stupid. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Yes tanks can be pretty lethal in the right hands but there fairly slow and easy to avoid. In my opinion if you get blown up by a tank by driving past in your pv then, I think you deserve your fate for being stupid. 

yea if youre in a car and know where the tank is, but if youre on foot and one rolls up on ya you dont have much chance, lol!

• MatthewH likes this

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Use a heavy sniper, all you need are a few shots and the engine will start smoking, do this whilst of the radar and they won't know where you are. The fact that they can call Lester to easily get a jet shouldn't be much if a difference dive it's so easy to steal a jet anyway.

How the hell do you call Lester for a jet? This is the first time I'm hearing this

Khan96
  • Khan96

Just Cause

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Use a minigun. If you don't have a minigun, use a RPG. Not have again? Find a cover and shut up

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

just like all modes where I am out gunned...

I wait. I survive. I allow the other player to make a mistake & reap the reward.

for "top gun" i tend to stand my ground. track him with my h.sniper & when he gets close enough for a shot, I roll & shoot a few times, then reposition.

I've only taken down a few, but I've made enough retreat to be comfortable with my method. (only been killed a handful of times by jets)

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Use a heavy sniper, all you need are a few shots and the engine will start smoking, do this whilst of the radar and they won't know where you are. The fact that they can call Lester to easily get a jet shouldn't be much if a difference dive it's so easy to steal a jet anyway.

How the hell do you call Lester for a jet? This is the first time I'm hearing this

The blind eye option which prevents you from getting wanted stars for 3 minutes. It's not necessary since stealing a jet is already very easy.

FelipeSCCP
  • FelipeSCCP

:)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

625835.jpg

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

Go off radar

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:53 AM Edited by Warlordfrost, 29 May 2014 - 05:57 AM.

Every fight on this game boils down to a game of positioning/being prepared. Ive taken care of ace pilots who rule the skys (of course with applied effort) to dropping scubs out of the air with only 1 shot. A jet has no where to hide in the sky, (sure they can go straight up and can't get shot but they arnt killing anyone from up there) where u as a player on foot have mountains and mountains of useful cover. if they r really determined to kill everyone on the server they will expose themselves to my lines of sight. And if they r just circling me then they can't kill anyone else. Best thing u can do (that I do every time) pay attention to the map if someone is heading off to get a jet start to prepare for it. I can usually empty 2 clips of heavy sniper rounds into the jet before it even makes it into the city because of how far you can see it. By that time they usually get one run on someone, start smoking, and immediately tuck tail and head back to the base. and I just repeat it as much as i have to till either the jet crashes or explodes, then I get to just watch the server swarm them with justice, and I'll usually arrive shortly after leaving my nest with a firetruck. Haha good times

Tip: shoot into the engine if you can, and if not the small stabilizer wings in the back can be shot of with one shot doing a good amount of damage to the jet

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

So I killed a player named htfung418 a week ago with a 28-5 with my jet. I died 4 times when he f*cked me over with his tank when I was having fun rock crawling in blaine county with my sandking. The other death was when he shot me in the engine and made me stall in the middle of a barrel roll.

28 kills in a row. Your survival rate will vary according to the skill of the pilot. If someone like Tonksi comes up, you're f*cked with a capital F. You won't be safe even under bridges.

The subway system will be your only refuge. But normally, you'll get scrubs that don't know how to handle the ailerons.

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:48 AM Edited by RassO, 29 May 2014 - 06:49 AM.

I'm a pro pilot in the air, to evade a 996 keep making turns left and right and cutting through allys and such, shoot at the back of it because after a few good shots on the engine that lazer is going down

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:31 AM Edited by Kaber, 29 May 2014 - 07:39 AM.

I got to post #89 before i skipped to here.  

Heavy sniper.

The concrete river.

Hole up over any overpass where the wall slant up to the bottom of the bridge so u can run up under tight. They are all near rails and tunnels to run off to also.  To get a good shot at u he must fly down the rivers trench or shoot missles at angle.  shoot him in the ass on the egress, or if u are brave try a headshot on the pilot as he makes approach.

Good luck.

They can be right bastards.

edit: just a small burst from the jet will kill a buzzard.  a grazing shot even.  i do not try to use it against pilots.  bubblegummers will use missles tho so u can kill them with it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users