Quantcast

» «
Photo

What should I do when I facing a P-996 Lazer?

226 replies to this topic
Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

So I was playing today and I met a good pilot outside of my crew for the first time. There were always 5 jets in the sky at all times, and people on the ground were being dominated. When I got shot down by one of his crew members, I respawned on the ground and realised how f*cked I was. This was the first time I was on the receiving end of a jets cannons and there was literally nothing I could do to fight back, since he could easily do a strafing run on me. All I did was stay in passive mode, and then join a quick job so I could teleport away so I could get my own jet.
Luckily good pilots are extremely rare, or else you'll be f*cked.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

So I was playing today and I met a good pilot outside of my crew for the first time. There were always 5 jets in the sky at all times, and people on the ground were being dominated. When I got shot down by one of his crew members, I respawned on the ground and realised how f*cked I was. This was the first time I was on the receiving end of a jets cannons and there was literally nothing I could do to fight back, since he could easily do a strafing run on me. All I did was stay in passive mode, and then join a quick job so I could teleport away so I could get my own jet.

Damn, 5 jets?

Talk about free roam hell.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Damn, 5 jets?

i call BS, i had 4 people try to get them once and only 2 were able too.  no more spawned in the base and if they did they would disappear as soon as you climb on them.  might be able to have 5 jets in a lobby with only 5 people in it if the first ones that got them flew away from the base but with multiple people in the lobby ive never seen more than 2 in the air at one time.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:20 PM Edited by Arya35, 27 May 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Damn, 5 jets?

There were 2 piloting crews there, making up 8 of the 16 people in the session.

Edit: @sultangris there were 8 people in the session, all of them were either in a jet or were going back to fort zancudo to get one. No one was stuck trying to get a jet from what I saw, all I had to was spin the camera around to get the jet to spawn if it didn't. This wasn't all at once though, there would only be a maximum of 2 or 3 people inside the base at any single time.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

If the pilot sucks, just drive through the woods, downtown, or any other tight flying space and watch them crash.

In the rare case that they're actually good, you better hide because driving in the open makes you target practice for them.

In all of my time playing, I haven't met a pilot with the tenacity to follow me through a tunnel, nor have I killed a person in those kind of spaces without crashing... it's too risky.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Go deeper underground... theres too much panic in this town.
  • sSphInXx and Furry_Monkey like this

Sned
  • Sned

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I've hung out around unevenly sized buildings and waited till they crashed in to one while trying to strafe me. The corner by Del Perro (?) apts. works well. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Damn, 5 jets?

There were 2 piloting crews there, making up 8 of the 16 people in the session.

Edit: @sultangris there were 8 people in the session, all of them were either in a jet or were going back to fort zancudo to get one. No one was stuck trying to get a jet from what I saw, all I had to was spin the camera around to get the jet to spawn if it didn't. This wasn't all at once though, there would only be a maximum of 2 or 3 people inside the base at any single time.

hrm, that was really the only time we tried to get a bunch as jets arent very useful in free mode unless there are tanks and ive flown them plenty in races and missions. Still ive never seen more than 2 at a time in free mode sessions. We probably had 14 people in that session and we had 4 who went to try and all get one but only the first two were able too.  Us that didnt get the first batch all went to one end of the base to try and get them to spawn more multiple times and even tried waiting there a bit but they didnt really spawn very fast at all and if they did they just disappeared when you got close or touched them like npc cars do with too many players in the same spot.  there wasnt many army guys spawning trying to kill us either.  Usually if i go in there in a session with only 2-4 people theres so many f*cking tanks driving around its kinda hard to get in a jet and off the ground before they shoot you, haha!  too much lag maybe or the guys who got jets didnt go far enough away or something.  maybe the session was just already corrupt.  it doesnt seem like they ever get back to normal once that stuff starts happening.  

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Minigun it. 

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

You chase the laser of course!

IanE55
  • IanE55

Santa hats? Too mainstream.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Run, and never look back.

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

why dont you snipe them? they are sitting in a glass box, if you suck at sniping aim for the engine at least.

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

Snipe him out of the laser i did that once and thers a weak point at the back of the laser i shot it once and laser blowed up unless the player did something or it was a glitch

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Go deeper underground... theres too much panic in this town.

This reminds me:

godzilla-gif1.gif

Anyway, good pilots know how to avoid being sniped. When being owned just go into passive mode or dare him for a 1on1 dogfight.

• Mikeol1987 likes this

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

Pilot Lord

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by XJackalX, 28 May 2014 - 01:46 AM.

The best way to defeat a lazer pilot is to avoid grabbing their attention to begin with.

Here is a list of triggers that usually cause me or other pilots to go into kill mode. 

In all seriousness-

1. Using a mic and talking in game chat(your chances are amplified if you are a sh*t talker and acting "gangster")

2. Existing at an area on the map which is populated with other players.

3. Being present anywhere near Fort Zancudo or heading towards its direction. Pilots will probably look at their map every minute and a half or so to see if anyone else is attempting to commandeer a lazer. 

4. Using xenon headlights... TURN THEM OFFF!!!!!!!!

• Ninja_Gear and sSphInXx like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

lazers are so easy to escape from that you dont even need to use passive mode, just standing by a building and walking around the corner or under a roof will defeat them, lol!  You should never get killed by a laser more than once and even then only if you dont know theres one flying around, after that you should pay attention to where he is at all times.  

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

SNIPE THE BASTARD!

Good reference :p

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Honestly the best way to get back at the guy is go passive and stand next to your PV. He will end up blowing up ur car getting bs points and paying for ur insurance but not killing you.

I had a guy harass me with a jet and I went off radar, got to my house, and pulled out every car I owned one at a time and let home destroy them. After probably about 80k in payments he decided to leave.

OH MY GOD! Why didn't I think of that!!!

Thanks, man!!!

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

i've masterbnating all ngiht :DDDDDDDDDDDD

• Big Muse likes this

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Honestly the best way to get back at the guy is go passive and stand next to your PV. He will end up blowing up ur car getting bs points and paying for ur insurance but not killing you.

I had a guy harass me with a jet and I went off radar, got to my house, and pulled out every car I owned one at a time and let home destroy them. After probably about 80k in payments he decided to leave.

Thanks, man!!!

This does not work with me, I have transferred all the money to secondary character and you must pay insurance by yourself each time I destroy your PV.

sig.png

As you can see I have owned many players with P-996 Lazer.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Thanks, man!!!

This does not work with me, I have transferred all the money to secondary character and you must pay insurance by yourself each time I destroy your PV.

sig.png

As you can see I have owned many players with P-996 Lazer.

You don't get badsport for destroying vehicles anymore anyway.

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Correct, but I did never care about Bad Sport since it was glitched on my account. I always got out after 30 minutes. 

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:20 AM Edited by iddqdvie, 28 May 2014 - 11:20 AM.

well when u dont say

"omg, a p-996 lazer, what should i do"            but instead be faster and say          "jet"            u have a second more to hide or run or whatever u do.

Thanks, man!!!

i read that jets dont get punished for blowing up PVs anymore!

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

If the pilot is real good just run for cover.

Hydrohitman
  • Hydrohitman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

If your running from a jet you got the best chance on a bike. A car is like a sitting target for the lazer

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

If your running from a jet you got the best chance on a bike. A car is like a sitting target for the lazer

Absolutely not.

Best advice is to enter passive mode and don't use vehicles in urban areas. With this method you are invincible against the P-996 Lazer. But you will be pinned to the foot.  

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Most of the city is accessible via the subway, and if you use a bike it means you can get in and out of the subway stations and therefore travel quickly without any danger at all.  Most pilots will give up on you after a few tries, when they realise they're not going to get you.  A lot of the time, using the subway can be quicker than the roads anyway.  Just get away from the main mass of people and you're usually okay.

• XJackalX likes this

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

Pilot Lord

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Most of the city is accessible via the subway, and if you use a bike it means you can get in and out of the subway stations and therefore travel quickly without any danger at all.  Most pilots will give up on you after a few tries, when they realise they're not going to get you.  A lot of the time, using the subway can be quicker than the roads anyway.  Just get away from the main mass of people and you're usually okay.

This guy makes a very good point. With that does anyone have a LS subway map with the stations included?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

This guy makes a very good point. With that does anyone have a LS subway map with the stations included?

I can't find a map online anywhere, but once you're in the subway bring up the map and press select and you'll see the subway system more clearly on the map.  There's plenty of subway stations to get in and out, but there's also quite a few other places where you can do so.  You've also got the part that you see in the first SP heist, where you go underground on bikes.  That's accessible from the subway.

Lesbian_farts
  • Lesbian_farts

Plebs!

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

I kill people in passive mode by flying into them, usually blow myself up after a while but 1 kill by hitting a player with the jet is worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users