Quantcast

» «
Photo

What should I do when I facing a P-996 Lazer?

226 replies to this topic
ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

It really sounds like a lot of people here HAVEN'T actually ran into any good jet pilots.  That SFBryan18 guy clearly hasn't been against a good jet pilot.  I've destroyed hundreds of tanks with my jet and I haven't been shot down once, however I've crashed about 10 times due to the annoying rain.  There have been times where I had to take down 2 tanks at once and one time where there was 5 tanks, all of them so unskilled and I killed them all.

And yes, I know there's a such thing as a bad jet pilot, we all know this.  I've shot down several noobs in jets with a tank before back when I used to use my tank because I just got it.  There have always been those jet pilots who are literally impossible to shoot.  You cant shoot high enough to hit them or turn around quick enough to hit them.  I know the tanks range and where it can see/shoot so I can avoid it no problem.  I even practice on tanks at the military base and they cant kill me with their auto aiming tanks.

Also its hilarious to see that kid back out of the fight with the other guy.  I haven't read past page 2 because it was too funny that he was being that much of a pussy and came out with a stupid excuse.  I hope he knows someone else can just call up a tank for him.

EDIT: Reading through the thread a bit and I realized tons of people are 100% hopeless against jets and just pray for them to crash.  A good jet pilot very rarely crashes.  Yesterday I was in the exact same jet for 3 hours and nobody could shoot me down with snipers or tanks.  I think my connection was a little laggy though because I kept having those mini freezes,  I guess that's irrelevant because people still don't kill me when my connection is perfect.

giphy.gif

• Caysle, rockstarfanboy1987 and daboy042188 like this

4drturbo
  • 4drturbo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

I think the Lazer and Tank should have their own lobby so they can jack each other off.  :D

• Caysle likes this

Skygge
  • Skygge

Bøddel

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

How do you guys actually manage to do a pass, turn around then find the tank (and even more a guy on foot) in an urban environment? Low altitude shooting between buildings or diving?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

I do my turns by flying upwards and to the side a bit and I know how to correct the turn to head straight at whatever I want to shoot at.  I'm also very good at wrapping around buildings and then come out unexpectedly and shoot at the person, sometimes I even do a knife flight while shooting at someone.  Practice flying through downtown a lot and eventually you'll get good.

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Cartmaj, 27 May 2014 - 01:59 PM.

I do my turns by flying upwards and to the side a bit and I know how to correct the turn to head straight at whatever I want to shoot at.  I'm also very good at wrapping around buildings and then come out unexpectedly and shoot at the person, sometimes I even do a knife flight while shooting at someone.  Practice flying through downtown a lot and eventually you'll get good.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 14 April 2014 - 06:17 PM.

in jet related news, i noticed that if killed while trying to take the jet, there's a chance now to spawn north of the tunnel right where smart people jump in.

and today to my surprise there was a jet there on the highway, first i thought a player left it but then i saw the npc pilot was there. i kicked him out and flew off without.

Skygge
  • Skygge

Bøddel

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

We also need ejecting seats on jets !

@Fail : thx for the info

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

If you cant escape on downtown of LS u s*uck, one option is passive mode, go home and hide like a girl, go into tunnels, new session.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 14 April 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Call Mosin Nagant 91/30 for assistance.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

We also need ejecting seats on jets !

@Fail : thx for the info

We do have ejecting seats, they only work when flying though.

Sanabil_
  • Sanabil_

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

FAil_At_GTa guy is correct. because am also a jet greifer xD 

audjpy
  • audjpy

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

It really sounds like a lot of people here HAVEN'T actually ran into any good jet pilots.  That SFBryan18 guy clearly hasn't been against a good jet pilot.  I've destroyed hundreds of tanks with my jet and I haven't been shot down once, however I've crashed about 10 times due to the annoying rain.  There have been times where I had to take down 2 tanks at once and one time where there was 5 tanks, all of them so unskilled and I killed them all.

And yes, I know there's a such thing as a bad jet pilot, we all know this.  I've shot down several noobs in jets with a tank before back when I used to use my tank because I just got it.  There have always been those jet pilots who are literally impossible to shoot.  You cant shoot high enough to hit them or turn around quick enough to hit them.  I know the tanks range and where it can see/shoot so I can avoid it no problem.  I even practice on tanks at the military base and they cant kill me with their auto aiming tanks.

Also its hilarious to see that kid back out of the fight with the other guy.  I haven't read past page 2 because it was too funny that he was being that much of a pussy and came out with a stupid excuse.  I hope he knows someone else can just call up a tank for him.

EDIT: Reading through the thread a bit and I realized tons of people are 100% hopeless against jets and just pray for them to crash.  A good jet pilot very rarely crashes.  Yesterday I was in the exact same jet for 3 hours and nobody could shoot me down with snipers or tanks.  I think my connection was a little laggy though because I kept having those mini freezes,  I guess that's irrelevant because people still don't kill me when my connection is perfect.

that's the reason i just dont want to reply him

if you come back to good sport lobby, maybe we should have some epic dogfight

Also I'm LOL'in at all these people saying

"I heavy sniper the sheet out of the lazer"

You're probably dealing with those garbage pilots who try to kill you with the rockets.

If you come across a half decent pilot you'll die between every shot you get, guaranteed. You're better off zig-zagging as the jet comes in for it's approach (I hit L1 and R1 to spray the floor equally to counter this).

If you do shoot at the Lazer, the pilot can see the trail from your gun even if they can't see you. So you've now revealed your location even though your character hasn't rendered. 

The guys I love the most are people who shoot RPG's (acts like a flare. I'm here pilot!!! Plzzz kill me) and people who use an MG/Minigun and constantly keep shooting - Looks like a water fountain from the air.

yup, RPG and mini-gun makes you easier to find

I just made a test yesterday, heavy sniper can shoot down a wing in only 2 shot, destroy the jet in 10 shots

also a jet will blow a tank in 10 gun shots, so stop saying it so impossible to destroy a tank in 1 wave

• XJackalX likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

I just made a test yesterday, heavy sniper can shoot down a wing in only 2 shot, destroy the jet in 10 shots

The horizontal stabilisers (tail) takes 1 shot, and then good luck pulling up...

audjpy
  • audjpy

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

for those who wants to improve your flying skill

when you approaching your target, press down show the bigger map

line up to your target, DO NOT press L2 slow down your jet because too slow makes you stall

use L1/R1 to fine tune the final angle

you dont have to shoot until you see you target, you wont success

no matter he got killed or not, never climb too late

crash means all over

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

To be honest i think the flying is too easy in this game, im used to games where the jets are much faster.

• xRoyalFlush likes this

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by al_balmer, 18 April 2014 - 08:55 PM.

I hate the fact that stealing a Jet is no longer a challenge. Fort Zancudo is now a joke... Way to go Rockstar. Keep listening to the kids.

Stealing a jet has never been a real challenge - holding onto it and surviving when an entire lobby forms a coalition against you is another matter. These "kids" that have apparently raided the armory won't be able to do anything except fire missiles and crash into trees.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Minigun on that b*tch. Aim for the cockpit or for the flaps.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by CReaper210, 18 April 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Ai lazer is like the most powerful npc in game,you will hardly get him in sight and you will most likely get dropped by the cannon.Also,sometimes he won't give up.

And he apparently has guns facing behind him too...

The amount of times I've been BEHIND him and see his cannons fire and instantly blow up myself... UGH BS!

Patton_Campaign
  • Patton_Campaign

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:13 PM Edited by Patton_Campaign, 18 April 2014 - 09:15 PM.

If the opportunity is there, I fire on the attacking Jet with a sniper rifle. But if i've been caught out on the road on my motorcycle, I go for anywhere of sizable cover and wait it out. Once ended up hanging out with some random player once because of that, both of use  under a overpass waiting for the Jet to loose interest in us. Eventually did too

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

± Pilot Lord ±

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Due to recent developments/discovers circumstances are leaning even more so towards us pilots. Let me break this down for you guys.

1. One skilled jet pilot can bring fear to a entire lobby.

2. Due to a certain game mechanic, if that pilot has a skilled wing-man flying with him they are UNSTOPPABLE. You would be better off just leaving the game. Your heavy sniper won't save you at that point because as long as they as both airborne they own that lobby. 

I tend to make sure I always have a skilled wing-man with me whenever I go lobby-conquering. Whenever someone decides to get brave and fires their sniper rounds at us, we just "repair" each other. After that we proceed to incinerate the poor bastard.  :cool:

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Wow.  Lots of big "I am" people in here.  I would say you could cut the testosterone with a knife, but the level of bragging suggests a lack of testosterone. 

If some idiots are trolling the session and stroking their e-peen via simpleton jet kills then just do a mission.  You'll earn a shedload more money and RP than them and end up in a less twatty session when you're finished.

Short answer - don't play with losers.

• SKaREO likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crusher of hopes and dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • Red-Cross
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

wait until they crash

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

wait until they crash

recently i have a very low probability of crashing, like i crash only if it's 4 am and i have to sleep or drunk... but other than that there is like 5% probability of me crashing into something.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Put passive mode on and hope that he's a [email protected] pilot 

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Get into cover and keep a wall between you and the jet. Snipe the engines, he won't last long once there's a gas leak. You might get a lucky headshot, but attempting to snipe an incoming jet is not advised, better to take cover and when he flys by shoot the engines from behind.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

There's nothing you can do now. Since the last update there's no stopping a good jet pilot since they can destroy personal vehicles without penalty as long as the player is in their PV. I've only been flying the jet now and I can get 50+ kills before the jet is damaged and am forced to fly back to fort zancudo. Either hide under a tunnel (not a bridge), or go into passive mode and stand next to your PV. The only way you can fight back is go off the radar with a heavy sniper, but experienced pilots will just fly straight up and wait until the sniper is back on the radar.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Unless you're playing with friends or its a sh*t pilot... run.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Jump on the plane and try to pull him out while yelling YIPPIE KAY YAY, MOTHERf*ckER!

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

I met a good pilot ytd and he keep using his mini-gun to kill me. ofcoz I tried to shoot it down with my Mini-gun, however after 1.12 patch when his plane start damaging he can call Lester and easily get a new plane.

I also try to disappear for only 1 minute, trying to get my own plane. However he just keep searching me from the base, once i got my plane he could also auto lock to my Lazer...

okay so except passive mode, are there any chance I could revenge? I could easily kill him if I was the one who have Lazer.

Sniper Rifle.... a few good shots and his plane will be smoking.  Just use the heavy sniper.... easy peasy. At least that's what I do

• xRoyalFlush likes this

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Go to that building at the airport and hide inside, as he swoops down go to the roof hatch and spray your mini gun at him, alternatively you could stay on top and as soon as he tries to kill you you hop inside and as he pulls up hop up and fire at him.

I found the best way is steal another jet or kamikaze him with a stunt plane, get a tank or for a fool proof way hide in your apartment XD

Does anyone know if the crop duster stops missile locks, during the swagionaire days I bought everything I could unlock from pegasus and warstock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users