70 replies to this topic
LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

So I've been playing GTA online since launch and I've recently gotten to Rank 58. Meanwhile I see people with Rank 208.
How do they rank up so fast? I'm not doing missions as they take too long and Rockstar reduced RP and payouts. (Again)
So does anyone know how to get some fast RP? Thanks.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Most people grind the same mission over and over and over and over again.

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

You're not doing missions?

I haven't played loads, ~10 days, and I'm 135 (I think, cba checking, around there)

did CR from 50-70 but apart from that, just doing missions, spend less time in FR, it does your RP and cash no favours

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

It's funny as how you don't do missions because they take too long and Rockstar has reduced RP and payouts.

:/ How are they ranking up so fast? Hmmm.....

• GranSnake and WBaker like this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I think there are some new custom captures made in the new capture creator that give you lots of rp.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Practice doing missions on hard. Rooftop Rumble is like 5,500 RP or something, it gets you level up fast!
Playing golf is good RP but longer, though.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

How do they rank up so fast? I'm not doing missions as they take too long and Rockstar reduced RP and payouts. (Again)

Well, not doing missions is why you don't have any RP. Say what you want about R* nerfing them, but they're easily the best way to level up fast.

I only do missions/races/death matches. Never really screw around in freeroam too much. Never grinded any missions. Just do Quick Job after quick job after quick job (unless group I'm with picks more missions on selection screen). 

Rank 194

• Ninjambie likes this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

A couple of tips.

1.  Do jobs on hard, you get an RP bonus.

2.  Do jobs with crew members, you get an RP bonus.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by LightningLord411, 11 April 2014 - 10:09 PM.

It's funny as how you don't do missions because they take too long and Rockstar has reduced RP and payouts.

I just wish I could play the Mission "Rooftop Rumble".

It's probably the easiest mission I've done. Easier with the Buzzard Attack Chopper. But all I can do is "Mixed Up With The Coke" which I hate doing. Reasons:
1. No friends of mine play this game anymore so it's me against lots of enemies.
2. The stupid Buzzard Attack Chopper locks on to those stupid peasant enemies on foot instead of the cement trucks.
3. Rooftop Rumble takes about 2 and a half minutes and they RP and cash is good. Meanwhile Mixed Up With The Coke takes twice as long (roughly 4 and a half minutes) and the RP and Cash it gives out is utter bull s**t.

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

Well I grinded Violent Duct from lvls 15-30 before R* nerfed it. Then I found out racing was the fastest way to rank up so me and 3 other friends would race all day. Then after the Nerfed that, I pretty much did missions on Hard with free aim. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

It's probably the easiest mission I've done. Easier with the Buzzard Attack Chopper. 

Buzzard on RR? That's adorable....

• GranSnake likes this

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Supheris, 12 April 2014 - 02:44 AM.

Practice doing missions on hard. Rooftop Rumble is like 5,500 RP or something, it gets you level up fast!

Rooftop give 3750-5200 RP depending on if no deaths on hard. Only takes about 3-4 mins with good crew on hard, less time if you use a heli. Level up every 2 successful rounds. (1 round if your low level) You need someone to host if under level 75. Currently accepted as the go-to RP and $$ farming mission

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

It's probably the easiest mission I've done. Easier with the Buzzard Attack Chopper. 

Buzzard on RR? That's adorable....

How?...

engern
  • engern

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Easy way to rank up fast? Do missions!
Join every mission you get an invite to! Join random missions on phone and you'll end up in rooftop rumble 99% of the time.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Rooftop give 3750-4350 RP depending on if no deaths on hard. Only takes about 3-4 mins with good crew on hard, less time if you use a heli. Level up every 2 successful rounds. (1 round if your low level) You need someone to host if under level 75. Currently accepted as the go-to RP and $$ farming mission

You know that'd be great if I had access to the mission. And none of my friends play GTA V anymore so I never get the little job invite for Rooftop Rumble.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's probably the easiest mission I've done. Easier with the Buzzard Attack Chopper. But all I can do is "Mixed Up With The Coke" which I hate doing. Reasons:
1. No friends of mine play this game anymore so it's me against lots of enemies.
2. The stupid Buzzard Attack Chopper locks on to those stupid peasant enemies on foot instead of the cement trucks.
3. Rooftop Rumble takes about 2 and a half minutes and they RP and cash is good. Meanwhile Mixed Up With The Coke takes twice as long (roughly 4 and a half minutes) and the RP and Cash it gives out is utter bull s**t.

I can easily do mixed up with coke in just over 2 minutes solo, if you press LB and RB you can cycle between the targets you lock on to, even though you may need to kill one enemy until you can end up locking on to the cement trucks.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by jcph3, 11 April 2014 - 10:26 PM.

You should be able to MUC in less than 2 mins, including driving 2 blocks to get your Buzzard. Learn to aim your misssiles. Stay on guns until your target is right in front, switch and fire. 

I hate grinding missions, just 2 boring so I don't worry about which is faster. If you solo your not spending time waiting in lobbies which none of the RR farmers talk about. 

I cycle through these Solo with the Buzzard;  Mixed up with Coke - Judging the Jury - Crystal Clear out III - Defender - Extradition - Cops Capacity - Cleaning the Cat House - High Priority Case - Bust Out ( Cargobob ).

add a couple of quick jobs (usually RR) and you'll be making cash and ranking up without going crazy 

If you want to grind with the Buzzard use these playlists on CCIII, which is really fast:

Crystal Clear Out III (x4): http://socialclub.ro...r6kmxp8MvV1miHw

Crystal Clear Out III (x6): http://socialclub.ro...JMUiABcipTdnVbg

Crystal Clear Out III (x8): http://socialclub.ro...eu0aWXDWx-CP7Bg

Crystal Clear Out III (x16) http://socialclub.ro...m8kOgZO-PRXvm8g

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

So I've been playing GTA online since launch and I've recently gotten to Rank 58. Meanwhile I see people with Rank 208.
So does anyone know how to get some fast RP? Thanks.

Missions are the best way to level up lol even without grinding the same one over and over

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Rooftop give 3750-4350 RP depending on if no deaths on hard. Only takes about 3-4 mins with good crew on hard, less time if you use a heli. Level up every 2 successful rounds. (1 round if your low level) You need someone to host if under level 75. Currently accepted as the go-to RP and $$ farming mission

You know that'd be great if I had access to the mission. And none of my friends play GTA V anymore so I never get the little job invite for Rooftop Rumble.

XBOX - http://gtaforums.com...sting-requests/

PS3 - http://gtaforums.com...sting-requests/

or you can join wait until someone in game does an open invite

• livejoker and WBaker like this

SuperSpartan747
  • SuperSpartan747

The Intel Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Try racing Downtown Underground by yourself. I grinded it from 40 to 55 in October, took about 2 or 3 days, and then at 55 I grinded Parking Garage with a friend until we got to 75, but you can't grind that anymore. So either race by yourself, race many players and win, grind different missions, or play capture/deathmatch.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

I can easily do mixed up with coke in just over 2 minutes solo, if you press LB and RB you can cycle between the targets you lock on to, even though you may need to kill one enemy until you can end up locking on to the cement trucks.

Tried pushing the bumper buttons on my Buzzard and it just turns the chopper instead of switching targets.

XBOX - http://gtaforums.com...sting-requests/

PS3 - http://gtaforums.com...sting-requests/

or you can join wait until someone in game does an open invite

Well I'm on PS3 (Yes, hate me) and 99.9% of the time I meet trolls and griefers so I'm pretty much all by myself.
:/

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Team deathmatches and RR, along with some other missions. 

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

A couple of tips.

1.  Do jobs on hard, you get an RP bonus.

2.  Do jobs with crew members, you get an RP bonus.

3. Do jobs in free aim, you get an RP bonus

• Tabula Rasa likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 11 April 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Well I'm on PS3 (Yes, hate me) and 99.9% of the time I meet trolls and griefers so I'm pretty much all by myself.

:/

Oh, just send me a FR already. I solo RR when i'm running it, so you'll find no trolling of griefing if you roll with me.

Just don't expect me to be hosting RR all day every day. Got my own sh*t to do, y'know. My PSN is CrimsonTyphoon91.

• RowanSane likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

... Rockstar reduced RP and payouts. (Again)...

Why do people say this? I do missions and my rewards haven't gone down in a long time, certainly not since the last time they were increased (bonuses for hard, and for normal solo).

Anyway the answer to the question (if you won't do missions) is golf. If you will, since you have a buzzard its cco3. On hard, 2k rp and 10k $$ in under 3 minutes (excluding load screens).

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Well I'm on PS3 (Yes, hate me) and 99.9% of the time I meet trolls and griefers so I'm pretty much all by myself. :/

Oh, just send me a FR already. I solo RR when i'm running it, so you'll find no trolling of griefing if you roll with me.

Just don't expect me to be hosting RR all day every day. Got my own sh*t to do, y'know. My PSN is CrimsonTyphoon91.

Well I don't want to be selfish and take time out of your day so it's ok.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 11 April 2014 - 11:09 PM.

I think I'm like 220 or something I haven't been on much this week but I'm just about to check it out; "getting rid of my ratloader"

I have been playing since launch, and I am 100% legit.

I'd say by now I owe 50, and only 50 ranks to the ease of rp during october..I could have taken extreme advantage of that but I chose not too in the interest of ranking off diversified game play.  A lot of these "legit" players spammed replay rumble in the first weeks for what could easily be hundreds of levels, I know my friend managed to go from rank 50 to over 190 in what was basically a single over nighter.  There's also been recent rp mission exploits, so combining all these things who's to say all of the rp hoarders will even get caught in an automated sweep.

What I'm saying is don't worry about them chances are they've had it easy at one point or another "though there's definitely grinders out there no doubt", but you seem legitimate.

Tips:

Free Aim 1.25 X rp 

Hard 1.50 X RP

Crew 1.10 X Rp

Total Bonus 1.85 X RP

"I believe these numbers are correct, I could be wrong or not accounting for something"

Just do missions, and take whatever is in the queue, you will be chaining rp like no tomorrow; that or find a coveted playlist on the forums here or keep on doing Rooftop Rumble everyone loves them some rumble.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

... Rockstar reduced RP and payouts. (Again)...

Why do people say this? I do missions and my rewards haven't gone down in a long time, certainly not since the last time they were increased (bonuses for hard, and for normal solo).
Anyway the answer to the question (if you won't do missions) is golf. If you will, since you have a buzzard its cco3. On hard, 2k rp and 10k $$ in under 3 minutes (excluding load screens).

I used to get $12,450 on Mixed up with the coke but now I get $11,000 after 1.12.
As for RP, it was about 1700 & after 1.12 it's 500.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:10 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 11 April 2014 - 11:14 PM.

tumblr_inline_n18wf3EmbI1rvavdo.gif

O...kay.

But seriously, RR is the way to go, whether you run it in a group or solo. It's $18,750 plus around 3-4k RP on Hard, and if you know what you're doing it takes little under three minutes to complete. Plus, tops ammo expenditure is a couple hundred bucks, plus a couple hundred for armor. And a fast car, but I dare say you've got that covered.

• WBaker and rickreim like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Whatcha looking at?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

tumblr_inline_n18wf3EmbI1rvavdo.gif

O...kay.

You have better things to do than grind Rooftop Rumble. Right?

I think I'm like 220 or something I haven't been on much this week but I'm just about to check it out; "getting rid of my ratloader"
I have been playing since launch, and I am 100% legit.

I'd say by now I owe 50, and only 50 ranks to the ease of rp during october..I could have taken extreme advantage of that but I chose not too in the interest of ranking off diversified game play.  A lot of these "legit" players spammed replay rumble in the first weeks for what could easily be hundreds of levels, I know my friend managed to go from rank 50 to over 190 in what was basically a single over nighter.  There's also been recent rp mission exploits, so combining all these things who's to say all of the rp hoarders will even get caught in an automated sweep.
What I'm saying is don't worry about them chances are they've had it easy at one point or another "though there's definitely grinders out there no doubt", but you seem legitimate.

Tips:

Free Aim 1.25 X rp 
Hard 1.50 X RP
Crew 1.10 X Rp

Total Bonus 1.85 X RP

"I believe these numbers are correct, I could be wrong or not accounting for something"

Just do missions, and take whatever is in the queue, you will be chaining rp like no tomorrow; that or find a coveted playlist on the forums here or keep on doing Rooftop Rumble everyone loves them some rumble.

Using free aim: I'm used to Traditional but free aim is possible.
Hard Mode: Enemies make impossible shots. Like shooting my car's trunk or my Buzzard's tail lowers my character's health.
Crew: No one wants me in their crew.

I try to just find missions on the vote screen and all I get are races, Deathmatch, and Parachute Jumps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users