Will R* make passive mode work?

57 replies to this topic
EW200
  • EW200

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Also, Op is most likely lying. Unless the person who blew his car up was completely broke, he would have had to pay for the repair. When you destroy someone's personal vehicle, you automatically pay for the replacement.

Not entirely true. A personal favorite of mine involves a jerry can and the exhaust backfire from my PV. Great for using at the impound, mors mutual, helicoptor pads, tank spawn points, or anywhere you happen to find an unnattended PV.

Simply douse that fugly chradder, hot pink sand king or other offensive abomonation liberally with the contents of said jerry can then back up to it with your exhaust pipes touching it, rev your engine and watch the bonfire in your rearview!

No charge.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by sultangris, 11 April 2014 - 07:46 PM.

If you wanna play in passive mode go play the sims instead. Chances are you aren't old enough to play gta anyway.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

If you wanna play in passive mode go play the sims instead. Chances are you aren't old enough to play gta anyway.

or too old.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Like I said, I was on my way to the beach to raise my lung capacity.
I decided to drive normal... I was sat at the lights listening to worldwide fm when I was sniped though the back window. It was a cheap dirty shot. You know everyone of us (passive mode or not) have been taken out by a dirty shot.

Jordan_LDN
  • Jordan_LDN

The Hottest Thing Under The Sun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Probably not because it wouldn't help their cash card sales

Here we go again.... *Yawn*

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Passive mode is for Nancy boys. Don't like getting killed then invite only or play nba2k. I TARGET feminine cowards like you. Run u over... over n over till u rage quit.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by XJpostman, 11 April 2014 - 08:14 PM.

I didn't realize I could have car meet ups in the Sims, or group stunts, or street races, or cop shootouts, or crime sprees. There is so much to this game it's a shame people can't see past the PVP.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

I didn't realize I could have car meet ups in the Sims, or group stunts, or street races, or cop shootouts, or crime sprees. There is so much to this game it's a shame people can't see past the PVP.

Solo or invite only session solves your issue.

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

Sure u can... in private invite only lobbies amongst friends. Freemode is the concrete jungle. Don't act shocked when a lion eats u. Fight or flight.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by WBaker, 11 April 2014 - 08:46 PM.

I'll say the same thing I always do when this thread pops up. If you think passive mode doesn't work well, you are doing something wrong. If anything it's too powerful.

So, through what sort of user error did ya'll manage to get killed while in passive mode?

Not entirely true. A personal favorite of mine involves a jerry can and the exhaust backfire from my PV. Great for using at the impound, mors mutual, helicoptor pads, tank spawn points, or anywhere you happen to find an unnattended PV.

Simply douse that fugly chradder, hot pink sand king or other offensive abomonation liberally with the contents of said jerry can then back up to it with your exhaust pipes touching it, rev your engine and watch the bonfire in your rearview!

No charge.

That hasn't worked for me since a previous patch addressed the issue. I still do it for fun, but I always get charged.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

(quote wasn't working properly)
@sultangris and spawnkiller 187

That's not a solution. That just puts you into a lobby solo and hope that if you invite someone they join but for the most part they are busy doing their own thing and won't join.

Going into a lobby with randoms that aren't worried about getting shot for no reason can lead to some awesome times. That's how I got shown the swing set glitch in IV.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to shoot npc's or cause mayhem, it's about wanting to see the ideas that other random GTA players come up with.

Like I said, the RDR lobby system worked great.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

That's not a solution. That just puts you into a lobby solo and hope that if you invite someone they join but for the most part they are busy doing their own thing and won't join.

Going into a lobby with randoms that aren't worried about getting shot for no reason can lead to some awesome times. That's how I got shown the swing set glitch in IV.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to shoot npc's or cause mayhem, it's about wanting to see the ideas that other random GTA players come up with.

I never bought RDR, is it any good? My brother in law told me it's basically gta western style although I've not had a go yet (I know I'm around 2 years too late lol) but I'm sure my local game exchange or cash converters will have it for about £7

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 11 April 2014 - 09:50 PM.

Like I said, I was on my way to the beach to raise my lung capacity.
I decided to drive normal... I was sat at the lights listening to worldwide fm when I was sniped though the back window. It was a cheap dirty shot. You know everyone of us (passive mode or not) have been taken out by a dirty shot.

Lol, thats what you get for driving around like a pussy to go increase your pointless skill. I think you got a fistful of justice trying to man you up.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Or........ passive lobbies.  :panic:

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

2. The weapon wheel is disabled when in a car and the car also becomes bullet proof from players

Because we all know trolls/griefers certainly wouldn't use that to harass other players. A car is still a weapon, regardless of the driver being in passive mode.

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

They won't join Cuz they are busy killing other players LoL. U can still BS in freemode just roll deep

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

2. The weapon wheel is disabled when in a car and the car also becomes bullet proof from players

Because we all know trolls/griefers certainly wouldn't use that to harass other players. A car is still a weapon, regardless of the driver being in passive mode.
Exactly. Why do we pity these Nancy boy passive players. Just earlier I had a passive troll who kept constantly standing in front of me during a freemode war. can't shoot him or thru him. Bumping into me while I was in cover.. trying to push me out. WTF!? Passive mode is an epic failure for GTA.
  • SuperDuperGta likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

Find friends on the forum and then invite them or learn to play right and be able to defend yourself. Pretty much every lobby is going to have someone killing someone else, if you wanna be safe from attack your best option is solo session and even then the cops and random npcs will kill you so maybe you're just playing the wrong game.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

If you think passive mode doesn't work well, you are doing something wrong. If anything it's too powerful.

Exactly this!! It's too easy to use Passive to get into your favorite sniper location and then switch out.  

• WBaker likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I worded it wrong. I want to kill npc's and rampage against cops. I just don't want people shooting me in the back while I do those things. I also have no problem defending myself it's just boring to start the whole repetitive spawn-kill-die that it turns into. I don't give two sh*ts if they fix passive, I just want friendly lobbies.

I'm not playing the wrong game, I just can't join people that want to play it the same way as me. I'm lvl 110 and i've killed 30 payers in that time. There are a ton of different ways to play GTA v.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

I never bought RDR, is it any good? My brother in law told me it's basically gta western style although I've not had a go yet (I know I'm around 2 years too late lol) but I'm sure my local game exchange or cash converters will have it for about £7
YES. Worth it for single player alone, and I'm someone who's not really a fan of westerns. For my money, possibly best game of the last gen era.

OT you can't have passive mode in cars, except maybe if it turns you into a ghost car I guess.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

I worded it wrong. I want to kill npc's and rampage against cops. I just don't want people shooting me in the back while I do those things. I also have no problem defending myself it's just boring to start the whole repetitive spawn-kill-die that it turns into. I don't give two sh*ts if they fix passive, I just want friendly lobbies.

I'm not playing the wrong game, I just can't join people that want to play it the same way as me. I'm lvl 110 and i've killed 30 payers in that time. There are a ton of different ways to play GTA v.

Wow, I'd killed 110 players before i was level 30

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

I use passive mode to troll sometimes.  Once me and this guy were racing to get a jet and kill each other.  We both died in the base and called our cars.  I was in passive mode and he was aiming his gun at me.  So I waited for him to run to his car and I got in mine and threw a sticky bomb at him and blew him and his car up and then I got my jet and destroyed him again.  Oh good times.  Now you spawn at the north end of the tunnel instead of in that marsh, which is a wonderful update.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

There's some really tough, dangerous gamers in this thread that aren't sharing psn ids or gamertags in their profiles. Which is a shame, as I'm sure some of us would love to learn from them how to play this sandbox game properly...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

That's cause not many want to play it that way and those that do use solo session. I'm lvl 213 on one character and 137 or so on another and ive killed over 8100 players. I don't use the tank unless someone else brings it out first, as is your only option. I wish it was Balanced where a couple rockets or stickies would kill it instead of like 25 of them. Bullsh*t how invincible it is to people walking around.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by WBaker, 12 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.

There's some really tough, dangerous gamers in this thread that aren't sharing psn ids or gamertags in their profiles. Which is a shame, as I'm sure some of us would love to learn from them how to play this sandbox game properly...

I don't think anyone is claiming to be a badass, just sharing the ways you can use passive mode to kill others and avoid death. It is really powerful, so when people complain it's broken I wonder how much more overpowered they want it.

This whole thread really isn't about passive mode being "broken." It's about how it isn't what some people want it to be. You can avoid dying 99.99% of the time in passive mode. You can not turn on passive mode and not worry about combat anymore, and that's what bugs people.

Vurses
  • Vurses

Nicolas Cage's Personal Ass-Cleaner

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

Most of you obviously don't realize this so I'll say it~~

You can die in passive mode if in-car.

You can die in passive mode if being hit by car, which is what most assholes do. They run you over repeatedly so you can't get up until you die.

You can't defend yourself when being run over because you can't use guns.

You can't defend yourself in the car when being shot because you can't use guns.

Passive mode is a heap of sh*t and being OFF passive mode is easier to live rather then being ON passive mode.

The whole point of f*cking passive mode is so you can't die, but when you can die in multiple f*cking ways that leave you no chance to defend yourself, I call f*cking bullsh*t.

G'day.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

I don't think anyone is claiming to be a badass, just sharing the ways you can use passive mode to kill others and avoid death. It is really powerful, so when people complain it's broken I wonder how much more overpowered they want it.
This whole thread really isn't about passive mode being "broken." It's about how it isn't what some people want it to be. You can avoid dying 99.99% of the time in passive mode. You can not turn on passive mode and not worry about combat anymore, and that's what bugs people.
 well, there's this guy, to name one. But yeah, I think passive is pretty much fine as it is. 

Passive mode is for Nancy boys. Don't like getting killed then invite only or play nba2k. I TARGET feminine cowards like you. Run u over... over n over till u rage quit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users