Will R* make passive mode work?

57 replies to this topic
ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

I am kind of getting fed up of people targeting passive mode players. It's like a beacon for the griefers to just come hunting even though you have no intention of getting into a fight.

How could they fix it so it worked properly.

1. Passive players are ghosts (they don't look like one but if you try and run them over, or sit your car on top of them, they just get up and walk off or, cars just pass right though them)

2. The weapon wheel is disabled when in a car and the car also becomes bullet proof from players

3. Just make them god mode without guns and that's that. (Hell, if Modders can make god mode, surely rockstar can use it as an advantage.)

Today, I was simply minding my own business, driving almost like an npc, having a chill day when some dick thought it would be funny to snipe me in my car and then run me over 6 times and blow my car up making me pay for it.
I was only on my way to build my lungs up (like I read someone else had done) didn't give a funk about anyone else.
  • NoSignal666 likes this

NoSignal666
  • NoSignal666

Can you hear me?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Ikr passive mode really is just a crap feature atm, you get killed more in passive than not being in it, makes you an easy target

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

I find it easy to avoid getting killed in passive..  

I also find it easier to kill people while im in passive.

• WBaker, SCS_Skreamies and I3AZZAI2 like this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

No
They are busy trying to break anything that might make the game fun.
  • crashhat69 and jakfox like this

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I can only imagine it working if R* implemented ghosting and blip invisibility with it. To then avoid passive mode being exploited, they would probably need to make it so a player can turn it on/off while inside their apartment only. Personally, I don't think they are ever going to fully nail down passive mode.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ikr passive mode really is just a crap feature atm, you get killed more in passive than not being in it, makes you an easy target

I don't get this.. The only way to die is by getting run over or chopped up by helicopter blades.      Its not an easy target at all.    

I rarely get killed in passive on foot.. I mean like never.  :D

• WBaker likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Probably not because it wouldn't help their cash card sales

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

The RDR lobby system would solve everything but this point has been argued to death in other threads.
  • backward_axis likes this

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Stop being a biiiiaaaatch! Lol.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

[auto response] if you are in passive mode a vehicle does not make you defenseless. you can kill other players with your car, so they are able to kill you as well.

if you want to go for a Sunday drive, you should play any of the non-public modes. play Solo if you want to do jobs, or play Crew/Invite/Friend sessions if you want to go after cash trucks, HPV's & things like that.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Today, I was simply minding my own business, driving almost like an npc, having a chill day...

Well, that's not the point of the game, it's not called Grand Theft Sunday Drive so you deserved to die

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

OP while i enjoy killing people in passive mode, i agree with you in all but on #2...

car becoming bullet proof? naaaaa!

overall i think passive mode should be a ghost.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Make it so when you kill someone. you can't go into passive mode  for 3 minutes so that way if you kill someone and and want to be cheap and go into passive mode. you can't. LOL! 

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

get rid of it.  You wanna be online and not get killed, go to invite only.

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I like option 1, but instead of making people ghosts, make them as solid as those volleyball nets down by the pier. If anyone tries to run you over while you are in passive mode, the entire front end of their car accordions in and they launch through their windshield like Mark Hamill.

• cattafett and Upggrade like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, really, why go to where PLAYERS are when you don't want to interact with them??

Rocktopper
  • Rocktopper

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Today, I was simply minding my own business, driving almost like an npc, having a chill day...

Well, that's not the point of the game, it's not called Grand Theft Sunday Drive so you deserved to die

It's not called Grand Theft Battlefield either, but I'm still surrounded by tanks...

cattafett
  • cattafett

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

how about if you kill some one who is in passive mode you die and have to pay a grand in hospital bills($120 is nothing)

and when you respawn its in the middle of no-where or out to sea and have to swim back

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Formerly OriginalCharacter (Van Society's Handsome Z)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

@ everyone thinking passive mode should be removed

keep in mind, then they'd have to also remove tanks, jets, possibly the buzzard...anything with explosives that has a high potential to spawnkill someone

and then we'd just get a flood of nerds bitching now that their e-penises have been removed

and then there'd be the people also complaining that passive mode got removed

and invite only is silly to someone that actually likes meeting new players who actually might be cool & worth keeping around

shouldn't have to risk getting spawnkilled by a pimplefaced geek in a tin motorhome just for a chance to see some new faces

but that's just me i guess

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

It'll work when they make it its own session.

• XJpostman likes this

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

I usually let passive mode players get in my car, haven't got time to chase them trying to run them over lol.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, really, why go to where PLAYERS are when you don't want to interact with them??

I can't tell if your serious but there are a lot of ways to interact with other players that doesn't involve PVP. That's actually one of the more boring aspects of the game imo.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

It works as it is, you just have to be standing on a ledge  :lol:

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Xyn, 11 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

It's not called Assassination Happy Hour neither. He didn't deserve to die.

That said, OP should know by now that minding your own business is, sadly, a great way to get shot. But is that really R*'s fault, or the player's?

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

I'm almost always in passive mode trust me it more than works if you have your wits about you. 

silverforte
  • silverforte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

People need to shut the f*ck up about ' this is GTA, there are no rules'. Obviously since Rockstar put passive mode in the game, they intended for people to be kept in check. GTA: O is a playground, but when you abuse the game and the players, it's only fun for you. Try not to be a dick, if you're capable of that.

Also, Op is most likely lying. Unless the person who blew his car up was completely broke, he would have had to pay for the repair. When you destroy someone's personal vehicle, you automatically pay for the replacement.

A lot of people come here and complain, stretching the truth to fit them (gee, go figure). Like the other day when someone said someone was giving him a hard time, so he put a bounty on the guy trolling him and the troll went into passive mode afterward. You can't go into passive with a bounty.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sandbox game = play how YOU want to play.

People need to shut the f*ck up about ' this is GTA, there are no rules'. Obviously since Rockstar put passive mode in the game, they intended for people to be kept in check. GTA: O is a playground, but when you abuse the game and the players, it's only fun for you. Try not to be a dick, if you're capable of that.

Also, Op is most likely lying. Unless the person who blew his car up was completely broke, he would have had to pay for the repair. When you destroy someone's personal vehicle, you automatically pay for the replacement.

A lot of people come here and complain, stretching the truth to fit them (gee, go figure). Like the other day when someone said someone was giving him a hard time, so he put a bounty on the guy trolling him and the troll went into passive mode afterward. You can't go into passive with a bounty.

No not lying mate. He did it by shooting until it flamed, he didn't ''blow it up''

Diiesel
  • Diiesel

Punk Ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

passive mode is already op as it is

• WBaker likes this

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

It's not called Assassination Happy Hour neither. He didn't deserve to die.

That said, OP should know by now that minding your own business is, sadly, a great way to get shot. But is that really R*'s fault, or the player's?

Deserve to die? He didn't die man.  A collection of pixels acted in a coded response to another collection of pixels coming into contact with it.

Some players need to keep their heads and emotions in real life.

And BTW there is no minding your own business in a free roam lobby.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 11 April 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Lol passive players that can't get away. When you complain about getting murdered in passive mode, you must suck.

I live for killing people like you because you get so upset.

• WBaker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users