Quantcast

» «
Photo

How is this game not more lively than IV?

99 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

some missions will let you play them however you want but most are scripted and will fail for many reasons, rockstar created a whole bunch of fail text messages so you would be forced to complete the missions as they intended you to.

In GTA IV you could choose how to approach almost every mission such as scoping out the mission area with a sniper rifle to stand a better chance before going in guns blazing, only mission I remember that was like this was where trevor attacks the o neils ranch.

There were a number of car chases in IV and the EFLC where no matter how much you shot the guy he didn't die until a certain time. People have a serious nostalgia filter with IV.

gang wars aren't in GTA V

I declare myself winner of this argument.

If you're talking about the gang wars and turf missions in SA; those were some of the most boring and tediously repetitive tasks in the history of GTA. So they're not missed one iota by me.

They were fun sometimes but it did get tedious trying to take over little square of purple and yellow. Drug wars and gang wars in TBOGT and TLATD were much more fun.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:22 PM Edited by Tilemaxx, 12 April 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Rockstar has shamelessly tried to compromise the formula by actually picking wrong system (older consoles) firstly to introduce their so-called most ambitious GTA ever, then comes the big in everything, graphics, map, animations and, so much of a technical marvel than f*cking game play that feels too disconnected that as if we are forced to adjust accordingly, because that's the price we must pay to BALANCE OUT THINGS for playing on sh*tty consoles.
And, people are happy to accept it.
Brilliant!!.....

No, they didn't compromise anything. Their most ambitious GTA went into development shortly after GTA IV went gold. So, could you tell me if it was possible for them to actually start working on a next-gen GTA in 2008, when virtually nobody in the world had received a PS4/One Dev Unit at the time? (The first next-gen development units had been sent to devs in early 2012).

They actually didn't know anything about "next-gen" consoles when V's development had started.

• GTA564 and ten-a-penny like this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Constructions sites in LC aren't dead. Construction workers spawn like they do in GTA V.

True but in V you can use the construction vehicles.

I've literally haven't seen more than like 9 pedestrians in one street in forever, meanwhile in GTA IV I remember many places having more pedestrians than in this game, with the obvious place being Star Junction.

That's not true. For example, go to Vespucci Beach around 12-1 pm and you will see dozens of peds.

The beach area at night is even better. Firefly island is a joke compared to it. 

Wait... you mean people would rather frequent a busy place where the nearest pier has attractions than something closed down for years? I never would have guessed!

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Simply because, when production started those consoles were still the main focus02

I'm simply reviewing about whether they didn't realize that consoles DO have LIMITATIONS for what they were trying to actually push into the next GTA? Rockstar has CLEARLY accepted in the past months (after release), about not including lot of features as PLANNED for GTA V since as the progress reached closer to the final build, they eventually started to drop them for GTA VI. Why? Find the article and read out. Now, coming to the Build logs and a lot of other data in the game files discovered since release are a proof of it. And, currently there are only TWO systems of gaming in existence, Consoles and ...... ? So, I'm not talking about Next-Gen. Had they continued on improving the flaws of GTA IV and introduced more GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS (Not Massive Map) with all the PLANNED features and an improved Engine, according to me, it was possible to experience their "most ambitious" dream in the final Game.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

some missions will let you play them however you want but most are scripted and will fail for many reasons, rockstar created a whole bunch of fail text messages so you would be forced to complete the missions as they intended you to.

In GTA IV you could choose how to approach almost every mission such as scoping out the mission area with a sniper rifle to stand a better chance before going in guns blazing, only mission I remember that was like this was where trevor attacks the o neils ranch.

There were a number of car chases in IV and the EFLC where no matter how much you shot the guy he didn't die until a certain time. People have a serious nostalgia filter with IV.

If you're talking about the gang wars and turf missions in SA; those were some of the most boring and tediously repetitive tasks in the history of GTA. So they're not missed one iota by me.

They were fun sometimes but it did get tedious trying to take over little square of purple and yellow. Drug wars and gang wars in TBOGT and TLATD were much more fun.

that's what I was referring to the drug wars and gang wars from GTA IV.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 April 2014 - 04:26 PM.

It TLAD not TLATD :) btw The Lost and Damned (2009) is the 2nd Gang-Themed game in the franchise (in the case of Motorycle Biker Gangs),but anyways i have also agree that Gangwars in both SA and TLAD were so boring and repetitive same with the Drugwars in TBoGT.

Rockstar has shamelessly tried to compromise the formula by actually picking wrong system (older consoles) firstly to introduce their so-called most ambitious GTA ever, then comes the big in everything, graphics, map, animations and, so much of a technical marvel than f*cking game play that feels too disconnected that as if we are forced to adjust accordingly, because that's the price we must pay to BALANCE OUT THINGS for playing on sh*tty consoles.
And, people are happy to accept it.
Brilliant!!.....

No, they didn't compromise anything. Their most ambitious GTA went into development shortly after GTA IV went gold. So, could you tell me if it was possible for them to actually start working on a next-gen GTA in 2008, when virtually nobody in the world had received a PS4/One Dev Unit at the time? (The first next-gen development units had been sent to devs in early 2012).

They actually didn't know anything about "next-gen" consoles when V's development had started.

Great Comment bro...

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

I have seen just about everything the OP listed.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Both games are more or less much more lively than the Classic GTA's, and also it doesn't mean GTA IV lacks either.
I think OP just want to let the complainers know that GTA V doesn't suck either.
GTA V is definitely beautiful and more detailed except in the area of the gameplay where it still remains behind the old GTA's and even GTA IV.

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Police hanging outside the station, " and black people".. The f*ck is that suppose to mean?
  • TheOtherRyan, Osho and GTA564 like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Police hanging outside the station, " and black people".. The f*ck is that suppose to mean?

Yes, OP needs to explain and clarify regarding the most controversial statement made since release of the game.
I demand an instant ban, if OP Fails to give a satisfying reply ... lol
  • March 10th likes this

daley86
  • daley86

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

SP is far more lively than Online. It's not unusual for there to be no cars on the highways or streets and no pedestrians. It feels like a ghost town at times and it's somethig that needs to be sorted. These issues don't arise in SP.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

and black people.

Yup, that's pretty innovative.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Yes, OP needs to explain and clarify regarding the most controversial statement made since release of the game.

I just don't know what other game has black people standing OUTSIDE of the station, let alone hanging out there. It really brings the world to a full circle. 

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

I just don't know what other game has black people standing OUTSIDE of the station, let alone hanging out there. It really brings the world to a full circle.
Are you on crack?
  • llllI1llllI1 likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

Yep. This is why it irks me whenever some members here continue to harp on about V's "short" campaign. Sure, on a single playthrough the story may be slightly shorter than other GTA's, but those "missing missions" are still there, but in the form of alternative options. 

I don't like having to play through the entire game twice just to get a few "missing missions". I'd rather have a longer story.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Truuuu GTA V got so much artificial life roaming around. aqDwC.png

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 14 April 2014 - 12:02 PM.

It is lively definitely, but not as much as it was shown to be in the debut trailer imo.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

I don't recall ped diversity in IV. I don't remember a single ped in an alleyway. V has drug addicts in the alleys of Vespucci Beach. V has homeless people under bridges and in grittier alleyways. Not one ped on the beaches in IV. V has various peds and beach goer gear on every designated beach - even in remote areas.

V has peds DOING things all over the map. From hikers to fishermen, to offroaders, to construction workers, gardeners, farmers, gangs posted on lookouts, boaters, hipsters at coffee shops, peds eating at restaurants, campers with tents, peds looking through telescopes, parties on rooftops, backyard activities, playing golf, shopping, on and on.

LC was busy in only one way: an abundance of peds walking on sidewalks. Boring.
  • GTA564 likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

-Police hanging out outside of the station, and black people.

And black people? What does that have to do with the police station?

This exactly.. Next he gonna be like yeah I saw some taco trucks, and Mexicans... Smh

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't recall ped diversity in IV. I don't remember a single ped in an alleyway. V has drug addicts in the alleys of Vespucci Beach. V has homeless people under bridges and in grittier alleyways. Not one ped on the beaches in IV. V has various peds and beach goer gear on every designated beach - even in remote areas.

V has peds DOING things all over the map. From hikers to fishermen, to offroaders, to construction workers, gardeners, farmers, gangs posted on lookouts, boaters, hipsters at coffee shops, peds eating at restaurants, campers with tents, peds looking through telescopes, parties on rooftops, backyard activities, playing golf, shopping, on and on.

So true yet people don't even see this stuff in V.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

This exactly.. Next he gonna be like yeah I saw some taco trucks, and Mexicans... Smh

Mexicans are a vital part of LA. They got that right as well.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

In GTA IV, peds are lining up for nightclubs.bogt_achievements.jpg

In GTA V, peds are lining up for imaginary nightclubs.

That's from The Ballad of Gay Tony, not GTA IV.
And that's all you've got to say about that?

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Fool you just a racist lil bitch.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 15 April 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Personally I feel the most alive part of LS is Vespucci Beach/Del Perro Pier. This is great, but the rest if the city feels dead and bland IMO. Also something I think that added a lot to GTA IV was peds getting their umbrellas when it rained. Why wasn't this carried over?

I know it's been brought up so many times before, but the useless food vendors kill that "alive" feeling. The peds in GTA IV would actually buy food from them and buy newspapers from the newsstands. Sure there are some things the peds do differently in GTA V, but the notable exclusions really stand out .

As far I'm concerned for a game made in 2008 for its time GTA IV was/is far more impressive at creating a living, breathing world than GTA V considering it's had more to build off of.
  • Choco Taco and SingularSoul like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

I think that the developers overestimated the consoles capabilities and that is one reason for the 'deadness'. Thoughts?

Cheers.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

In GTA IV, peds are lining up for nightclubs.bogt_achievements.jpg

In GTA V, peds are lining up for imaginary nightclubs.

That's from The Ballad of Gay Tony, not GTA IV.
And that's all you've got to say about that?

Well It's a pretty fair argument considering TBoGT is an expansion pack. Also in vanilla GTA (and EFLC) there were peds lining up for an imaginary Jamaican bar. (forgot the name) 

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

Fool you just a racist lil bitch.

How am I racist?All I said was that Mexicans are a part of LA? Are they not? 

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Some of the outdoor areas like the beaches are better, but most of the game doesn't feel very lively IMO. I think this is mainly because people are just made to "look" like they're doing something or going somewhere. R* described it very different. My expectations wouldn't have been so high, but RDR had people actually doing stuff in the world. I don't remember IV as much, but I never remember getting that lifeless feeling. I just expected more from GTA V, because it's called GTA V and it released in 2013.

And when people say it feels lifeless or dead, they don't mean it's a ghost town. It's just a poorly executed "living, breathing world". Describing various ped activities or random events doesn't change the overall feeling people get from the entire game world. 

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Rockstar left some room for improvement which is understandable but I feel like they made a mistake by not having Las Ventures in the game. Even though it would be hard reintegrated this part of San Andreas into the trios storyline.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

I guess you've never been to NYC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users