Quantcast

» «
Photo

How is this game not more lively than IV?

99 replies to this topic
sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

I seriously wonder if people play this game correctly, because most of them say it's dead! I just want to ask people if they have seen the following things in game.

-People lining up at nightclubs

-Chefs and waiters smoking/playing on their phones in back alleys.

-An insane amount of skaters in the underground skateparks

-NPC's doing tricks on halfpipes

-Police hanging out outside of the station, and black people.

-Square dancing hillbillies

-NPCs sitting and eaiting/on their phones outside many restaurants

-NPCs chillin on their balconies

-Trevor blowing sh*t up in Sandy Shores

-Peds running across the street because the light turned red.

-Peds stealing your car (yes this happens, very rarely though)

-The hobos underground

-So much more

If you have seen all or most of these, please explain why this game is dead, I really would like to know.  :r*:

• dyz, TheMasterfocker, I<3GTAV and 6 others like this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Underground skate parks? where? it sounds cool. Also I'm yet to see any NPCs doing tricks on half pipes, they just tend to stand around them.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I think the main reason many people (including me) think it feels dead because the streets are so huge, mainly the city only exists of big a** streets, I know it's like that in LA but well ...

• theGTAking101 likes this

vadar144
  • vadar144

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Yeah its as realistic as you can get for a game in my opinion, most of these people that say its "dead" are most likely ten year old kids that aren't even aged to play properly.
  • warlord GTAV likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

My friend was telling me about drag racing in the LA River tunnels or whatever they're called. The game is definitely lively.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

i am kewlstrem an i am 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Sure, there are a few interesting things happening. The reason it's dead though is because there's never any sizable amount of peds around, only cars.

Easy fix for PC, whenever it comes around.

• Costar and theGTAking101 like this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Morgan Freeman™

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

People say it's dead because they're on online.

• AAR, vengeancehawk, The Odyssey and 6 others like this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by sibs44, 11 April 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Sure, there are a few interesting things happening. The reason it's dead though is because there's never any sizable amount of peds around, only cars.

Easy fix for PC, whenever it comes around.

I thought it would be excessive, but I was originally going to mention that there were at least 10 NPC's outside the police station and over 15 at the skatepark, I couldn't believe my eyes. 

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I've literally haven't seen more than like 9 pedestrians in one street in forever, meanwhile in GTA IV I remember many places having more pedestrians than in this game, with the obvious place being Star Junction.

• SonOfLiberty, theGTAking101 and SingularSoul like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

i am kewlstrem an i am 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

People say it's dead because they're on online.

Well yeah, there's only so many activities to do before you get bored with singleplayer. At least you can interact with other people in Online.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

You see the reason is because.........LIMITATIONS.

• McGyver55, Thalyn and PsychoGamer3 like this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Like the fellow above said... Rockstar decided to hobble our single player experience so we would play online and buy their crappy trinkets (well, he didn't say that, but that is the only logical reason they might make the game have far less single player replay action than earlier GTAs).

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by one55, 11 April 2014 - 06:59 PM.

you're totally correct. the game feels really alive compared to IV. months on and its still surprising me what i see in the game..

the reason is: people like moaning.

they want a game that has it all. interiors, realistic driving, loads of cars and NPCS all over the place, amazing graphics, 60fps, 1080p, hundreds of vehicles, amazing story, huge map with multiple cities....

even if they got all that i'm pretty sure they'd still find something to complain about. 

• vengeancehawk and Chips237 like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 April 2014 - 07:39 PM.

I seriously wonder if people play this game correctly, because most of them say it's dead! I just want to ask people if they have seen the following things in game.

-The hobos underground
-So much more

If you have seen all or most of these, please explain why this game is dead, I really would like to know.  :r*:

-Beach NPCs taking their bath near the ocean
-Hobos searching through the Bins/Bin Bags
-Passengers on bus (not just on train/transit or taxi) etc..i believe it SO lively than IV in many ways OP,btw good thread.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

And black people? What does that have to do with the police station?

• I<3GTAV, matajuegos01 and bootswitdafur like this

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Imo IV was more alive than V

• SonOfLiberty, SingularSoul and Thalyn like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

The random things that happen within the map are just programmed and honestly don't matter to me. Its the vibe that matters and V's vibe just seems so artificial and just... there just isn't something quite right about it.
  • SonOfLiberty, Official General, Cutter De Blanc and 4 others like this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

it's not the peds that make IV feel more alive than V, it's that Liberty in IV feels like a city, where Los Santos in V feels like a movie set, it looks incredible, but there's nothing really underneath. I love V, and it's a great game, but for everyone making a serious topic about things that are genuinely disappointing, things like the story, and the lack of atmosphere and feeling, there's people kissing Rockstar's arse saying the game is perfect.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

far less single player replay action than earlier GTAs).

You can't be serious...

You can approach many missions multiple ways, each different way producing a different cutscene.

You can do heists in multiple different ways.

You can go back to any mission and do it again.

GTA V is literally the most replayable GTA game to date.

• Midnightz, sibs44, GTA564 and 2 others like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

The random things that happen within the map are just programmed and honestly don't matter to me. Its the vibe that matters and V's vibe just seems so artificial and just... there just isn't something quite right about it.

Your signature says different...

• gtaxpert and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by sibs44, 11 April 2014 - 10:58 PM.

You act as if everything should be happening in real time? And dude, go to LA, it feels artificial as f*ck, that is Rockstar getting the atmosphere right. 

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

IVs Liberty City felt more alive to me not just because of the amount of peds on the streets, because the design of it felt felt more like a bustling metropolis than v does.
I'll attempt to visualize that.

The streets are smaller so they look more crowded, both with cars and pedestrians.
If you just stand still, unlike V, the whole world doesn't seem to stand still with you. There is smoke coming out of the sewer exits on the streets. Smoke comes out of nikos mouth with every breath.
You can hear the conversations of most pedestrians around you, naturally, unlike in V where you hear one ped say something and then there is a long silence before another ped replies usually with "whatever".
The sound effects in the background sound like the buzz of a city with cars honking, and speeding by.

Gta iv simply achieved a more natural feeling city than V which seems to only depend on what you as the player do. All the scripted traffic jams and same place "random" events don't help either.
  • SonOfLiberty and Emmi like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Well... overly floaded with cabs and people walking only on the street you are makes it even less natural. I swear the ammount of pedestrian is insane under a a random bridge in a industrial area but when you go to Start Junction it just fails.

V has ambient noises too, people cheering up, sounds of vehicles engine's reving, the ocean, firetruck sirens and even more. Hell even in Solomon's studio I hear movie stock effects being played. 

• Midnightz likes this

rambo9610
  • rambo9610

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

-The hobos underground

-So much more

I haven't seen half of these thing's actually happen in the game and i've played through it twice  :facedesk:

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 12 April 2014 - 01:35 AM.

IVs Liberty City felt more alive to me not just because of the amount of peds on the streets, because the design of it felt felt more like a bustling metropolis than v does.
I'll attempt to visualize that.
The streets are smaller so they look more crowded, both with cars and pedestrians.
If you just stand still, unlike V, the whole world doesn't seem to stand still with you. There is smoke coming out of the sewer exits on the streets. Smoke comes out of nikos mouth with every breath.
You can hear the conversations of most pedestrians around you, naturally, unlike in V where you hear one ped say something and then there is a long silence before another ped replies usually with "whatever".
The sound effects in the background sound like the buzz of a city with cars honking, and speeding by.
Gta iv simply achieved a more natural feeling city than V which seems to only depend on what you as the player do. All the scripted traffic jams and same place "random" events don't help either.

This. I've tried to immerse myself with LS, but just can't. LC actually feels like a place that's being lived in. LS is bland by comparison IMO.
  • kj2022 likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Seems to me that people just prefer NY over LA, which is understandable. 

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

I felt the same for the first few months that I played V and I was totally hating it, but then I got over it and was able to look past the stupid paparazzo missions and other stuff I hated. It also just took me long to get used to the gameplay changes made from IV to V after having played so much IV. Recently all I do in V is find a car, drive it to LSC and philosophize about what rims and color it looks best with, lol.

• Sting4S and PsychoGamer3 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

You act as if everything should be happening in real time? And dude, go to LA, it feels artificial as f*ck, that is Rockstar getting the atmosphere right. 

sibs44, go home. You're a trolling drunk again. :sigh: Nobody here gives a flying f*ck what you've got to say so don't even try...

@DaWiesel: Well yeah the city looks beautiful, but it does feel a bit off. The beauty strikes me but the vibe just detracts from the overall awesomeness of the city.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Games at 100% Completetion: *Cricket Noise*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Who was ever comparing the two?

I think they both feel "alive", IV had nightclub lines, hobos, thieving peds and cops that would arrest them, smokers in back-alleys, what-have-you. The way R* talked about V made the "liveliness" seem more dynamic. "NPCs will attempt to rob you or jack your car!" Randomly? Cool. But that doesn't happen randomly, they're both limited to one-time encounters. There should have been a fine line between Red Dead's random occurrences (seemed more organic and could appear anywhere, but a guy asking me to save his wife from being hung 300 times got to seem a little scripted) and V's (dynamic and cool, but one-time events in specific places and still feel very scripted. 

IV's "life" seemed less ambitious, but it almost seemed to work in that way. I think it's better to just kinda have a stagnant background than try to make it seem alive but see the magic behind the curtain...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Seems to me that people just prefer NY over LA, which is understandable. 

This right here and real life NY these days isn't anything like IV. It's becoming Beverly Hills with skyscrapers. Times Square is like Disneyworld and you literally have people dressed like cartoon characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users