Photo

New Glitch Encountered!

41 replies to this topic
GhostXs
  • GhostXs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

So I was in free roam, working on my kill death ratio when I lost track of the other player who deserved a bullet and a new player emerged - he was able to furiously fire rpg's at me, take no damage, and run faster than is possible.

I shot him in the head numerous times but to no avail, and to cap it off, he was able to teleport to kill me once more after I fled.

I reported him for game exploits and his kill death ratio was 330.30. Yeah, how about that? Rockstar, please fix this!

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

oh look, another white knight

• scubadave likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Rockstar patch notes

- patch this

- patch that

- and patch this

- and patch that

oh .. and that new glitch you just found today? didnt patch that

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

It doesn't sound like a glitch to me, sounds more like an ISO mod, lol.

• GranSnake, Rockwheels, Ultra Elite0 and 2 others like this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 11 April 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Huh, usually its players misinterpreting glitchers as hackers/modders, not the other way around.
  • GranSnake and shadyelf like this

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

sounds like op found a god modder

also sounds like op is one of those asshats that want to change gta into cod

• cunningstunt likes this

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

So I was in free roam, working on my kill death ratio

LOL.
  • livejoker, return-to-innocence, ZeusMowat_278 and 12 others like this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Not a glitch and hardly new.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I doubt that's a glitch, pretty sure that's a modder/hacker.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Glitch/mod/hack is like clip/magazine/belt. All three apply to similarly in conversation.

I know I have corrected someone for saying "clip" by reminding them that a clip is used to reload a magazine... but this is getting ridiculous.

Glitching, hacking, modding/modifying... it's all a bunch of cheap cheater bullish!t and it's pathetic.

GhostXs
  • GhostXs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

I thought bringing this to the attention of the gta online community was a good thing. Those of you who think so little of my post should have been there. Blown to pieces purely because someone found a way to hack. Seriously, you be the victim and then tell me if you would continue to be a d ck. Smh. How is this post reason for me to be belittle or dismayed?

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

People need to know the difference between a modder/hacker/glitcher

a Modder is not the same thing as a glitcher or hacker

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Well that's what you get for grieving other players
  • Darth_Rob likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I thought bringing this to the attention of the gta online community was a good thing. Those of you who think so little of my post should have been there. Blown to pieces purely because someone found a way to hack. Seriously, you be the victim and then tell me if you would continue to be a d ck. Smh. How is this post reason for me to be belittle or dismayed?

You reported him. Good. But don't post it here, this is not the official R* forum.
But the people here are aware of this and are feeling annoyed, it's like you posted on SocialClub "guys, i found a way how to make races, check out my video, like and subscribe;)"

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

tell that to the people you used to get your worthless kdr higher, you'll find that noone cares about your stats, just like noone cares about you outside of the game world

• Grimase likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Also, it's a hack. A glitch is when it happened unintended but used/abused by players.
What you saw was a mod.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

LOL.

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

LOL.

Ya'know, as you do.

Also, please use search function before claiming something is new, new is a term used far too liberally in these forums

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

LOL.

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

-________- oh no iso mods. Where ever did they come from?

GhostXs
  • GhostXs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

You people and I won't agree on much. Damn it, close this thread. Honestly,some of the sh t that flows from your fingertips makes me think why you people even bothered responding. Yeesh.
And thank you to those enlightened people for clearing up the difference between a hack, glitch, and mod. You at least knew what I meant. I'm a comedian, I'm not up to date with the terminology.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Glitch/mod/hack is like clip/magazine/belt. All three apply to similarly in conversation.

I know I have corrected someone for saying "clip" by reminding them that a clip is used to reload a magazine... but this is getting ridiculous.

Glitching, hacking, modding/modifying... it's all a bunch of cheap cheater bullish!t and it's pathetic.

1393600243310.jpg

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

You people and I won't agree on much. Damn it, close this thread. Honestly,some of the sh t that flows from your fingertips makes me think why you people even bothered responding. Yeesh.
And thank you to those enlightened people for clearing up the difference between a hack, glitch, and mod. You at least knew what I meant. I'm a comedian, I'm not up to date with the terminology.

You're a comedian?

That explains the K/D joke

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

LOL!!!!

1424486_544675412273846_1498306529_n.jpg

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by Darth_Rob, 11 April 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this guy while I'm being gunned down outside LSC by yahoos working on their kill/death ratios.

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

GhostXs
  • GhostXs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Yes, I'm a comedian. That's my profession. I just wanted to bring this one thing to your collective attention, that's it. I don't care about replies or responses. Just be aware of what is now possible in the game we play. Now, close this thread.

EW200
  • EW200

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

No not the same. Nice try.

IMO "Glitch" is the most overused and wrongly used word in gaming, next to troll or greifing.

Glitch - A glitch is a software error/bug aka coding error in the game that creates texture or physics errors/inconsistencies and anomolies. Things like wall breaches are caused by a glitch. Also the physics issues like with the motorbike over a ramp are glitches. A lot of glitches can be exploited to work in your favor. Doing that would define you as an exploiter, not a glitcher.

MOD - is when a player modifies the program code on their game copy adding or rearranging code to produce thngs like rpg rounds from the mini gun or firetruck or the player models like the ape, alien etc. A lot of MOD's are only visible to the modder.

Hack - by definition a hack is a work around. One could argue that SP2MP vehicles is a form of a hack. Although Exploit probably better defines that one. Hacks usually involve some form of ISO MOD though by doing so the end result of the hack becomes a MOD. There are very few true hacks in GT Online.

So, with those definitions, A player exploiting glitches is not a cheater. He/She is playing the game in it's currently developed version. Modders are the true cheaters of the game and can be catagorized universally as "Modder Fu<kers".

• A Maned Wolf and I3AZZAI2 like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

I'll admit, I actually let out a loud "Ha!" when I saw you were working on your K/D.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Don't pay attention to the people that are trying to be funny, especially the ones that never make threads & spend most of their time on here derailing threads. But on topic that dude was a modder, its all the same though when you use it to cheat.

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'll admit, I actually let out a loud "Ha!" when I saw you were working on your K/D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users