Photo

Good Host Tips?

16 replies to this topic
Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

With the new Capture creator out, I've decided to make a capture mode and I think it's good and should be verified. But, it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what you all, the people playing this game, think. Many people like it, the ones who've played it, and I think that's great. But it won't get me noticed by rockstar. So, I need to get my game out there more and get more positive votes and plays. Though, that is very hard with the current matchmaking.

I know some of you guys have had success hosting jobs such as DM's and races and getting full lobbies, do you all have any tips? Also, tips to being a good host too? I want to know what's the best way to get people in my lobby. I know about joining big crews like IGN. I know about inviting friends and getting a few people in there so that more people will join. I know about cancelling and re-enabling auto invite. I know about some of that. I even know about the invite recent players trick. I want to know tricks I don't know, if you have any. I know about the opening and closing lobby for extended time and the reasonable amount of time and score limit per match. I just want you guys to post some tips that can help me, and others who happen to stumble upon this thread and read the replies, get more people to play and get our jobs out there.

• jdorenbush likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

SAVING RYAN'S PRIVATES

FORCED ONLY - HANDGUNS

TIME: 60 MINUTES

KILL TARGET: UNLIMITED

TRAFFIC: OFF

WEATHER: RAINING

TIME OF DAY: NIGHT

START IT AS SOON AS U GET ONE OTHER PLAYER AND JUST GO 1V1 FOR AN HOUR. IF YOUR LOSING AFTER 59 MINUTES, QUIT.

KnobbyArcticArcticwolf.gif

• cookiemonster14 and stormy1 like this

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by JackyT, 11 April 2014 - 09:59 PM.

Good music, put out some snacks and dips, keep the conversation interesting...

• livejoker, TheMckeever and I3AZZAI2 like this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Veteran Fighter

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Was about to give you a few good tips but noticed scubadave is in the thread...

Thread has now lost anything good it had..

• Pardew's Prostate likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:05 AM Edited by sultangris, 12 April 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Don't host Retard lobbies like mentioned above. No one wants to play for an hour. 10-20 min seems good depending on mission.

I think the match making doesn't work very good, there has to be more people playing mission. Sometime's no one joins my rooftop rumbles, lol

Killbook
  • Killbook

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Was about to give you a few good tips but noticed scubadave is in the thread...

Thread has now lost anything good it had..

Yeah, I saw that post and was like wtf.

jdorenbush
  • jdorenbush

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'd also like some tips for hosting.

I haven't created anything yet because I feel like I'll spend all this time developing something and won't be able to get anyone to join my lobby to play it.

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by dedeto, 12 April 2014 - 12:18 PM.

For full DM lobbies,switch to auto-aim,join a random deathmatch,play the game and turn to freeroam after finishing,host your job,invite all server,invite players from last job,invite skill matched players,and then activate "auto-invite and play".You will wait for few minutes but believe me it's a good way.If nobody comes,join another server and try this.But don't forget;you should play a random deathmatch before starting your job.

Beside that,for being a good host,you should set time limit to 15-20 mins,if it's a rockstar created map you should set owned+pickup weapons setting,put your mic in and touch or sound something so that people know that you are alive.

• Killbook likes this

Killbook
  • Killbook

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

For full DM lobbies,switch to auto-aim,join a random deathmatch,play the game and turn to freeroam after finishing,host your job,invite all server,invite players from last job,invite skill matched players,and then activate "auto-invite and play".You will wait for few minutes but believe me it's a good way.If nobody comes,join another server and try this.But don't forget;you should play a random deathmatch before starting your job.

Beside that,for being a good host,you should set time limit to 15-20 mins,if it's a rockstar created map you should set owned+pickup weapons setting,put your mic in and touch or sound something so that people know that you are alive.

I think the talking thing is most effective. If you get a conversation going, people will trust you more and stay in the lobby longer,

Got any ways to get people in my lobby or fill up my job?

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:08 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 12 April 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Don't be an ass and host one-sided jobs in a vain effort to ensure your own victory. This includes locking weapons, hosting your own maps with hidden tanks, buzzards etc. or starting games with uneven teams. Stick to R* created maps, too.

For DM's and Capture, that's literally the best advice.

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Ten mins max, you seen how poor the matchmaking in this game is. Sometimes I put the kills off but most the time it's set to 40 just in case it ends up 6 v 1 or something.

Sometimes I like the goofy matchmaking, like when it ends up 3v1 and I beat all three by more than double their score. The only thing more entertaining than that is listening to the excuses afterwards.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 12 April 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Don't be an ass and host one-sided jobs in a vain effort to ensure your own victory. This includes locking weapons, hosting your own maps with hidden tanks, buzzards etc. or starting games with uneven teams. Stick to R* created maps, too.

Agree that 99.9% of custom jobs on this game are sh*t, but if you look in the right places you'll find some really good ones. I met a nice fellow through this site and every one of his that I've joined has been epic and is well better than all the Rockstar Verified ones put together.

I've got about 30 deathmatches now and will be man enough to admit that 5 are sh*t and need deleted, about 10 are OK to pretty good. The other 10 or so however because of them I've had many friend requests and people with and without mics say/message to me saying it was epic and they've bookmarked it.

9,000 plays on 40 jobs can't be wrong - http://socialclub.ro...games/gtav/jobs

However I will say that my two most popular jobs are also my only two that are on "Owned+Pickup" by default

I prefer the "Forced+Pickups" on close to medium range maps. Like so

1_0.jpg

DEATHPOOL

1_0.jpg

AMERICAN HORROR HOUSE(not interior)

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

I get ticked off if I have to sit through a couple of "Cancel and re-enable Auto-Invites," and am more likely to leave, but that is for races. Only once was a guy doing it and I let him know via mic that one more and I'd leave, so he was nice and started the race immediately.  I guess it's different for TDM etc, as only two people would be more boring. At least races go quickly and there's a good chance more people will join in on the next race.

Hosts should try to enable settings to make it fun and fair for as many guests as possible.

Being a decent human and having a large friends list of other decent humans probably helps.

• TheMckeever likes this

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Start the f*****g mission.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I get ticked off if I have to sit through a couple of "Cancel and re-enable Auto-Invites," and am more likely to leave, but that is for races. Only once was a guy doing it and I let him know via mic that one more and I'd leave, so he was nice and started the race immediately.  I guess it's different for TDM etc, as only two people would be more boring. At least races go quickly and there's a good chance more people will join in on the next race.

Hosts should try to enable settings to make it fun and fair for as many guests as possible.

Being a decent human and having a large friends list of other decent humans probably helps.

Yep I also rely heavily on my friends list full of good shooters that are adults and have brains unlike your average gta player

Killbook
  • Killbook

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, I know about that. I hate sh*tty user created deathmatches that makes a team unbalanced. I make mine as fair as I can. I just need people to join and fill it up. I want to get my job R* Verified but, that's hard when no one joins so hosting R* only jobs are out of the question atm too.

7REW7
  • 7REW7

Psycho Psychos

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Agree that 99.9% of custom jobs on this game are sh*t, but if you look in the right places you'll find some really good ones. I met a nice fellow through this site and every one of his that I've joined has been epic and is well better than all the Rockstar Verified ones put together.

I've got about 30 deathmatches now and will be man enough to admit that 5 are sh*t and need deleted, about 10 are OK to pretty good. The other 10 or so however because of them I've had many friend requests and people with and without mics say/message to me saying it was epic and they've bookmarked it.

9,000 plays on 40 jobs can't be wrong - http://socialclub.ro...games/gtav/jobs

However I will say that my two most popular jobs are also my only two that are on "Owned+Pickup" by default

I prefer the "Forced+Pickups" on close to medium range maps. Like so

1_0.jpg

DEATHPOOL

1_0.jpg

AMERICAN HORROR HOUSE(not interior)

You the guy that made Nuketown. I must say job well done, played it twice the other night one of the first player created I enjoyed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users