• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic
warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

who cares hes dead lock this thread please.

dayday2127
  • dayday2127

Malcolm

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

By the death of Johnny K you have to consider all angles from Rockstar here as to what they were trying to accomplish!

1. TREVORS A MANIAC (SHOCK VALUE!!!!) and what better way to put on a display such as that, to take a character we grew to feel accustomed to in a previous well written GTA IV than to have our next protagonist smashing his head in!

2. A difference of the times! Do you people really believe Johnny K would have rolled over and died if he was in the same shape as his Liberty City alter ego? Rockstar definitely makes this a point as well, showing Johnny K a feeble helpless meth head with no better interest than his meth girlfriend and his drug addiction, Trevor was no special assassin in this case, because in Johnny's state, Lester probably couldve done in him at that point !

3. Think of the opportunities this unravels for Johnnys death leading the way, obviously Rockstar knew the community would react to Johnnys death and obviously Rockstar knew that crews were being enabled as well for GTA Online, TO ME it seems a lot cooler being able to cosplay or roleplay the lost mc as a chapter rather than thinking i have to answer to Johnny K! Which is the same as they did for the ballas and the families, they took away the significance of a leader for the sake of GTA Online i personally believe.

TLDR; Rockstar shows u trevor is badass, first character without moral compass, Johnny maybe could have contended trevor if in gta iv state still, Johnnys death helps people cosplay lost mc in gta online more immersively a la the like of ballas and families alike
  • MagnumOpuz likes this

MagnumOpuz
  • MagnumOpuz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by MagnumOpuz, 04 May 2014 - 03:51 PM.

I personally think johnny would've wanted it this way.  at least the lost are all together in hell. besides, when he chose to move to los santos and bring ashley with him, only to have her do the same thing to him, he already should have learned his lesson,   instead, he challanges the biggest meth and arms dealer in the entire f*cking county,  in the middle of the desert, for the sake of chivalry in the name of by far the most expressed example of a female with a momentous set of flaws and addictions this side of Candy Suxx in the timeline of GTA.   He was essentially begging for death at that point.   and his prompt apology to a maniac that feeds on and extinguishes weakness, was his "BROOKS WAS HERE" signature.   I love johnny as well. but as soon as i saw him i understood that if any character in the franchise would receive a undeserved death it was between roman and johnny.  both lost by the people they associated with. Johnny however could have chosen another route, but instead stood the course to an untimely demise.

there's levels to this protagonist sh*t.......

• MilezDawg and Cutter De Blanc like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

I like all IV protagonists and Johnny's death surely surprised me, but I can accept his death killed nasty by Trevor. Seriously, he swallowed his own spit he threw at the end of TLAD. Instead of going for a better life, he turned himself to be a crack addict. And Ashley has always been source of all problems. I prefer her to be killed nasty like Molly.

Luis, on the other hand, is not a gangbanger type of man. He was dragged by his friend and went to jail. He always aimed for a legit and good life out of drugs and killings, but idiots around him brought him those life. I'm sure after Tony is done with his problem, Luis is back to his life as a normal nightclub manager.

Niko, because supposedly Roman lives, he should be living happily with him and his nephew while also protecting his cousin's family at all cost because he doesn't want to lose anyone he loves again.

Among the 3 protagonists, Johnny lived the wrong life the most by being a biker gang. Angry all you want, but Johnny was the only guy potentially to be f*cked up in his future life and Rockstar really wrote so.

• Im2akillerfish and kingkock666 like this

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, erm...Lock this thread please! Totally forgot about it~

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu