Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

1,144 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

GTA V feels like a mishmash of old contents with new additions combined with improvements and new features. Its like we've got some good enough things making a return from past games, but this mixture sucks to the way it plays now than in previous games.
I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the GTA O or not, but plenty of gameplay and features, as a whole, on a major-minor scale literally left me disappointed and uncomfortable to play the game similar ( if not better ) to what I'd describe it as the GTA.
It could have been a fantastic game but it doesn't hit any correct notes for me when it comes to fun content, unrestricted freedom, and the gameplay.
They did quite brilliantly with their each previous title, even GTA IV was not bad at all, then why they f*cked up so badly this time?

Perfectly said.

• Official General, Militia and SingularSoul like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

GTA V feels like a mishmash of old contents with new additions combined with improvements and new features. Its like we've got some good enough things making a return from past games, but this mixture sucks to the way it plays now than in previous games.
I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the GTA O or not, but plenty of gameplay and features, as a whole, on a major-minor scale literally left me disappointed and uncomfortable to play the game similar ( if not better ) to what I'd describe it as the GTA.
It could have been a fantastic game but it doesn't hit any correct notes for me when it comes to fun content, unrestricted freedom, and the gameplay.
They did quite brilliantly with their each previous title, even GTA IV was not bad at all, then why they f*cked up so badly this time?

Perfectly said.

Yep, Osho nailed it. Like I've said before, when I played V, there were many times it did not feel like I was playing GTA. Sometimes I felt like I was playing Splinter Cell, a little bit of COD, and The Sims.

• Militia likes this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

3HYxl9w.jpg

• Official General, Kalerney, HaythamKenway and 13 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 24 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Perfectly said.

Yep, Osho nailed it. Like I've said before, when I played V, there were many times it did not feel like I was playing GTA. Sometimes I felt like I was playing Splinter Cell, a little bit of COD, and The Sims.

Sometimes for me it felt like playing need for speed,sometimes flight simulator and mountain climbing simulator.

• Official General and Militia like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Jeez, you guys act like R* made the singleplayer like that Rambo game lol

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Perfectly said.

Sometimes for me it felt like playing need for speed,sometimes flight simulator and mountain climbing simulator.

Funnily enough the first time I drove around LS it made me feel like I was playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles. It's true though. GTA V has a massive identity crisis. I think R* tried just a bit too hard to tap into different genres. Now it feels like the love child of multiple games.

• Official General, HaythamKenway, latigreblue and 4 others like this

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

These GTA fans will complain about GTA V all the way up to GTA VI. Then you will hate GTA VI and start saying how great GTA V was. I've seen people do it with GTA IV and SA.

Look bloke, we've heard the same bullsh*t over and over. "Oh people hated IV and now they love IV and hate V"- rubbish. Common sense will tell you that the people complaining about V now weren't the same people complaining about IV then. Stop restating the same inaccurate sh*t and go on your own way because obviously you have nothing to say that's relevant to this topic.

We have enough lazy thinkers as it is, we don't need another one.

You just proved my point. On every topic on this forum, it's always GTA V sucks, GTA IV was better, and they don't realize its happening until somebody else notices it and brings it up. Look at the older topics centered on GTA IV, there saying how bad GTA IV was but now, it miraculously saying its levels above GTA V when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest. 

• Kalerney and OneManCrimeWave like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:27 PM. Removed quote-train.

And on another note, why is it that when people like Sting4S, OG, or Osho  praise GTA IV and criticize GTA V, there comments are consider notable or noteworthy, but when someone criticizes IV and defends V, its consider blaspheme, foolish and laughably stupid opinions?     

Yeah because gta v is the worst gta game of all.its the same old repetitive sh*t thats in previous games.drive,shoot and then escape.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:06 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 August 2014 - 03:11 AM.

That would literally apply to every GTA game ever. Are they all the worst?

There's also not really much you can do about it. Especially when you put it into THAT broad of a generalization.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

These GTA fans will complain about GTA V all the way up to GTA VI. Then you will hate GTA VI and start saying how great GTA V was. I've seen people do it with GTA IV and SA.

Look bloke, we've heard the same bullsh*t over and over. "Oh people hated IV and now they love IV and hate V"- rubbish. Common sense will tell you that the people complaining about V now weren't the same people complaining about IV then. Stop restating the same inaccurate sh*t and go on your own way because obviously you have nothing to say that's relevant to this topic.

We have enough lazy thinkers as it is, we don't need another one.

You just proved my point. On every topic on this forum, it's always GTA V sucks, GTA IV was better, and they don't realize its happening until somebody else notices it and brings it up. Look at the older topics centered on GTA IV, there saying how bad GTA IV was but now, it miraculously saying its levels above GTA V when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest. 

I really have no idea why people still go on about this. Just because some people criticise GTA V and like GTA IV doesn't mean they didn't like GTA IV at some point. Everyone who makes this claim has one thing in common. They don't have any evidence to back themselves up. They just assume and can't make a direct correlation to anyone in particular.

I've been here a lot longer than most people on this forum and I don't know of anyone who fits this bill. Some GTA V fans just don't like GTA V being criticised and assume anyone that criticises it and/or is a fan of GTA IV must've hated it at one stage.

It's insecurity on an epic level.

• Bi0ha2ard_q8, Sting4S, DonMichaelCorleone and 3 others like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:26 PM. Removed quote-train.

My god, can't you understand that people who HATED IV were mostly DIFFERENT people from the one who HATED V. Jeez, stop stereotyping.

• Miamivicecity and Militia like this

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:26 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:26 PM. Removed quote-train.

Yeah because gta v is the worst gta game of all.its the same old repetitive sh*t thats in previous games.drive,shoot and then escape.

Repetitive in what way? And you just basically described most of GTA IV's missions in a nutshell.

• _Kindled_ and Xerukal like this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

My god, can't you understand that people who HATED IV were mostly DIFFERENT people from the one who HATED V. Jeez, stop stereotyping.

"Must be those SA and IV fanboys again!"

Yeah, the claims coming from these people who are stereotyping the hell out of everyone is quite annoying.

• Miamivicecity, Witchking Of Angmar and Kampret like this

KatanaDV20
  • KatanaDV20

PS3 Slim on 60" HDTV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by KatanaDV20, 03 August 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Good thread idea -  will keep the whines in one place!

Mine:

I hate how insta-enemies are spawned AFTER a mission objective & after youve spent AGES precision-shooting bad guys.

For example lets say you gotta collect a package. You drive to the location but keep your distance. Out comes the sniper rifle and you carefully whack em all down until there are none left. Then a nice leisurely walk to collect the package. You pick it up and get in the car.

:panic: Bonus insta-enemies  :panic:  

...usually show up on bikes or a couple of vans. And not some distance away either oh no right in front of you pretty much! All that precision sniping goes out the window as youre again in a close-up shootout. 

And before anyone cries about this reply - remember that this is the whine thread  :lol:

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

^^^^^  That's probably cuz of GTA V being too scripted.  Like, even when you're in a police chase, this same sort of thing happens.  A friend of mine tested this out with the Police Mavericks.  He turned on Invincibility and stood in the airport taking down Police Mavericks with the RPG.  Literally after one is taken down, another appears, if both are taken down, 2 appear.  The game is scripted to ALWAYS have 2 Police Mavericks right above you basically during a 5 star chase.  This really takes the fun out of the game, imo.  It's predictable and boring.

• Luuk' likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM. Removed quote-train.

And on another note, why is it that when people like Sting4S, OG, or Osho  praise GTA IV and criticize GTA V, there comments are consider notable or noteworthy, but when someone criticizes IV and defends V, its consider blaspheme, foolish and laughably stupid opinions?     

@Uptown Rider: Your rubbish points have yet to be proven and they never will be proven because they're flawed and idiotic to begin with. I've always liked GTA IV, there is none of this "Oh I hate IV, but now that V came out I hate V and love IV more" bullsh*t where the f*ck do you get off assuming that rubbish? Are you just saying that because you're too lazy to think for yourself and want to rinse and repeat what a couple of other clueless blokes have state in the past? I've been a massive critic of V since October but I've never stated that it sucks nor will i ever. I'm disappointed with it but I do appreciate it for what it is, it's not like I get no enjoyment out of playing the game whatsoever. "when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest." Not everybody thinks V is better than IV in all aspects, not everybody is you. Why don't you understand what the f*ck an opinion is before you answer? And what is that "I research my interest" rubbish supposed to mean? It's obvious you're just talking out of your ass with no clue most of the time.

@OneManCrimeWave: There is no this, nobody even knows you or was even talking to you and you don't even know what you're talking about.

Why is it so hard to believe that somebody can genuinely love the previous game more than the current one?

• Miamivicecity, Bi0ha2ard_q8, Lucario 2.0 and 2 others like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Why is it so hard to believe that somebody can genuinely love the previous game more than the current one?

I agree, lol...I like III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT all about the same, but for different reasons than the next game, but they all feel like a good GTA game to me.  When it comes to V, I just don't feel the magic is there anymore and because of this and the next guy's opinion who shares the same, you'll have these people all over you getting defensive.  New doesn't mean best and better graphics and 3 characters doesn't mean best, either.

Honestly, I don't see how GTA V did anything better than previous titles, but more or less the same as other titles, but in a more dull manner.  What can I do in GTA V that I can't do in any other game?  Don't tell me Yoga, either, as this activity ought to be the most boring compared to Bowling, Darts, and Pool in GTA IV.  Also, at the end of the day, a minigame is a minigame.  These small features don't really make me like or hate the game, they are kinda just there and don't serve a purpose in my eyes, at least for me.

But all previous GTA games had the same stuff V has, but better.  V is a game showing itself that it's running out of steam, basically.

• Miamivicecity, B Dawg, HaythamKenway and 4 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:35 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 03 August 2014 - 01:42 PM. don't make personal comments.

I agree, lol...I like III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT all about the same, but for different reasons than the next game, but they all feel like a good GTA game to me.  When it comes to V, I just don't feel the magic is there anymore and because of this and the next guy's opinion who shares the same, you'll have these people all over you getting defensive.  New doesn't mean best and better graphics and 3 characters doesn't mean best, either.

Honestly, I don't see how GTA V did anything better than previous titles, but more or less the same as other titles, but in a more dull manner.  What can I do in GTA V that I can't do in any other game?  Don't tell me Yoga, either, as this activity ought to be the most boring compared to Bowling, Darts, and Pool in GTA IV.  Also, at the end of the day, a minigame is a minigame.  These small features don't really make me like or hate the game, they are kinda just there and don't serve a purpose in my eyes, at least for me.

But all previous GTA games had the same stuff V has, but better.  V is a game showing itself that it's running out of steam, basically.

v had nothing new except golf.why rockstar had decided to cut so many features from the beta version of the game i dont know.if those features where present then i would never complain.

• Militia likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Please feel free to Whine and Complain about the game in this thread, however whining and complaining about other members is not appropriate on the open forum and such comments will be removed.

Thanks.

• Miamivicecity, Lucario 2.0 and Kampret like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Protector of the 2nd Amendment

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

GTA VI would have to be really bad then. It would need to have auto-aim only and only ugly cars and probably V protagonists killed off by new ones, etc...
  • Sting4S likes this

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 03 August 2014 - 08:55 PM. quote and comment removed. complain about the game, not other members.

@Uptown Rider: Your rubbish points have yet to be proven and they never will be proven because they're flawed and idiotic to begin with. I've always liked GTA IV, there is none of this "Oh I hate IV, but now that V came out I hate V and love IV more" bullsh*t where the f*ck do you get off assuming that rubbish? Are you just saying that because you're too lazy to think for yourself and want to rinse and repeat what a couple of other clueless blokes have state in the past? I've been a massive critic of V since October but I've never stated that it sucks nor will i ever. I'm disappointed with it but I do appreciate it for what it is, it's not like I get no enjoyment out of playing the game whatsoever. "when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest." Not everybody thinks V is better than IV in all aspects, not everybody is you. Why don't you understand what the f*ck an opinion is before you answer? And what is that "I research my interest" rubbish supposed to mean? It's obvious you're just talking out of your ass with no clue most of the time.

@OneManCrimeWave: There is no this, nobody even knows you or was even talking to you and you don't even know what you're talking about.

I never said YOU fit the description. I just said in general based on what I've seen. I loved EVERY GTA game actually. Played every one except Advance. So I don't understand the hostility from you. I'm just saying stuff like that happens constantly regarding any game franchise. This time being GTA.  

"Must be those SA and IV fanboys again!"

Yeah, the claims coming from these people who are stereotyping the hell out of everyone is quite annoying.

I love EVERY GTA game. I've played them all except Advance. How am I a fanboy of any? I actually hold GTA IV and the episodes as my all time favorite so i guess I'm stereotyping myself??

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

GTA has always been a game with bland mechanics. Run, Shoot and drive. I liked the game because of the story and characterization. Missions felt cool because of the atmosphere the game created. 

V feels less focused and relatable because of the three protag gimmick and missions feel cheap and watered down because of cheevo generation score system that ruins immersion after each mission.

v2k
  • v2k

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Aaaand the Liberator is removed from the SP garages ...

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by B Dawg, 04 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

C*, why you remove fun from game. Why u no make free patches for SP and add more cheats like change into any pedestrian instead of having to glitch it, hell someones already working on a police mod and C* won't do it. They could easily make it better than IV even after release but they refuse to do so.

• Sting4S and A.O.D.88 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by Sting4S, 04 August 2014 - 04:22 PM.

How idiotic. What is up with Rockstar and this temporary content crap. Why create something as detailed as snow and then remove it after a day? Why create something as fun as the Liberator and them remove it after a few weeks? What the f*ck is wrong with them? Nobody likes that.
  • B Dawg, nobum62, Militia and 2 others like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by Xerukal, 04 August 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Strange. I literally just tried out the Liberator for the first time yesterday.

Spoiler

I have read multiple reports of an odd glitch, however. You need to be connected to the internet to access the Liberator. And this is JUST the Liberator, only. Other Independence Day-themed items are perfectly accessible without an internet connection.

Did they ninja patch it today or something? 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

They said that if you had the vehicles, you'd keep them, correct? That the only thing that wouldn't stay is the fireworks?

If so, glitch; especially if everything else from the July 4th update is there.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by B Dawg, 04 August 2014 - 05:01 PM.

How idiotic. What is up with Rockstar and this temporary content crap. Why create something as detailed as snow and then remove it after a day? Why create something as fun as the Liberator and them remove it after a few weeks? What the f*ck is wrong with them? Nobody likes that.

Yea why isn't snow all over accessible via cheat?

R* Manager: Model snow all over the map and make it accessible only for a day!

Employees: WHAT!?

A lot of work for nothing lmfao.

• Miamivicecity, Sting4S, Kampret and 1 other like this

illidan1371
  • illidan1371

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Iran

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:51 PM Edited by illidan1371, 04 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

i`m quite sure that this has been said before but , my biggest and kinda only complain is that gangs do not play an important role in GTAV. I hope there will be a GTA game in the future where you play the role of a black or hispanc guy who joins a gang and must prove himself and climb the ranks all the way until he becomes the boss.

also knowing that the game director is an Iranian-American i wish there were some minor Iranian characters or gangs in the game. I mean the iranian population in LS is so high that i remember Michael saying:half the city look easern , we have the fall of Shah to thank for that xD  but of course i also know that they are like a drop in the ocean and don`t really play a big part in the American criminal world which is all GTA is about. 

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yep, gone from the garage.  Luckily, I saved a game while Franklin was driving the Liberator so I still have it. 

• Sting4S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users