Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

R*...

WHY YOU NO GIVE SP SOME MORE LOVE!?

Poor singleplayer. So much wasted potential...

• Kalerney, Witchking Of Angmar, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by Andreas, 23 July 2014 - 12:01 AM. Removed quote-train.

I can't prove that but it's reflected on the overall comunity here. GTA IV was probably the most hated GTA ever, many said fans considering it a disgrace and all I see here is people praising it for the sake of pickying at GTA V's flaws, it seems a bit odd don't you think? That's how I see it based on what I witnessed.

You're forgetting people like me who actually later changed their minds about how they felt about IV, criticizing it first and playing it again later, only to realize the game was much better than they had imagined. That happened to some significant degree on here even before V came out. Also, V's letdowns and shortcomings being highlighted in a way made people realize that IV should have gotten more credit and acclaim than it deserved - that's allowed to happen, it's not weird. Sometimes it takes certain events to make someone see a situation in a different light or perspective.

• fac316, Witchking Of Angmar, nobum62 and 1 other like this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

You're forgetting people like me who actually later changed their minds about how they felt about IV, criticizing it first and playing it again later, only to realize the game was much better than they had imagined. That happened to some significant degree on here even before V came out. Also, V's letdowns and shortcomings being highlighted in a way made people realize that IV should have gotten more credit and acclaim than it deserved - that's allowed to happen, it's not weird. Sometimes it takes certain events to make someone see a situation in a different light or perspective. 

This.  Exactly this.  This, this, and this.

The first time I turned on GTA IV back in 2008 when I bought a PS3 and the game, the moment I flew out the windshield, I literally was like  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

WHAT?!  Is this a glitch or something?  Sooner or later, I realized Rockstar abandoned the arcade style and went for a more realistic approach.

I absolutely HATED IV.  Thought it was the WORST f*cking game ever.  So bad, that I stopped gaming from 2008 to September 2013.  It wasn't due to hating GTA IV that much as to why I stopped gaming, it was also in part of that college started, drinking started, weed started, friends were coming and going, life changed, etc.  So I stopped gaming until GTA V came out.

I was sucked into GTA V in the beginning, but the more I played it, the more it got boring and started to diminish with time.  Whereas GTA IV had to grow on me, and actually got better with time.  In fact, I am doing GTA IV to 100% and starting it tomorrow.  I took a 2 week break, since I just finished GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with 100%, perfect stats, and a proof vehicle collection in all 5 games, and I did this back to back to back to back to back.  So I treated myself to a break.  But now it's time to start GTA IV.

I played it all day today on my current 100% save file and loved the sh*t out of the game.  It actually feels alive and a much better all around game, even though I HATE the map out of all GTA maps and I do find the vehicles a bit strange with the turn radius, it does NOT have a full range of motion.  I don't mind the acceleration and the time it takes to slow down or that I am sliding on ice, this isn't a problem for me, just the turning radius of the steering.

I just can't appreciate V on any levels compared to III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT.

V doesn't even feel like a GTA game most times, either.

....................................................................Yet, I rate it 7/10 and am bashing the sh*t out of it.  Just cuz I think the game is absolutely flawed, doesn't feel like GTA and think it does NOT deserve the GTA name, it's still a good game.

• SonOfLiberty, Official General, fac316 and 6 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 22 July 2014 - 10:18 PM.

The first time I turned on GTA IV back in 2008 when I bought a PS3 and the game, the moment I flew out the windshield, I literally was like  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

WHAT?!  Is this a glitch or something?  Sooner or later, I realized Rockstar abandoned the arcade style and went for a more realistic approach.

I absolutely HATED IV.  Thought it was the WORST f*cking game ever.  So bad, that I stopped gaming from 2008 to September 2013.  It wasn't due to hating GTA IV that much as to why I stopped gaming, it was also in part of that college started, drinking started, weed started, friends were coming and going, life changed, etc.  So I stopped gaming until GTA V came out.

I was sucked into GTA V in the beginning, but the more I played it, the more it got boring and started to diminish with time.  Whereas GTA IV had to grow on me, and actually got better with time.  In fact, I am doing GTA IV to 100% and starting it tomorrow.  I took a 2 week break, since I just finished GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with 100%, perfect stats, and a proof vehicle collection in all 5 games, and I did this back to back to back to back to back.  So I treated myself to a break.  But now it's time to start GTA IV.

I played it all day today on my current 100% save file and loved the sh*t out of the game.  It actually feels alive and a much better all around game, even though I HATE the map out of all GTA maps and I do find the vehicles a bit strange with the turn radius, it does NOT have a full range of motion.  I don't mind the acceleration and the time it takes to slow down or that I am sliding on ice, this isn't a problem for me, just the turning radius of the steering.

I just can't appreciate V on any levels compared to III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT.

....................................................................Yet, I rate it 7/10 and am bashing the sh*t out of it.  Just cuz I think the game is absolutely flawed, doesn't feel like GTA and think it does NOT deserve the GTA name, it's still a good game.

Well said bro i too first used to hate gta 4.the graphics were not good and the map dissapointed me.but after a while playing it it become so much fun to play.but i still disliked that there was no countryside and planes in gta 4.but the city was well done everywhere there is something going on and there are many interesting sideactivities.the atmosphere was so good.driving was so realistic.the city was so detailed it felt so realistic.the physics were 10 times better than gta v.but still san andreas will be the best gta game and no other gta shall beat it.i expected a lot from gta v.it was the most overhyped game ever.the gameplay was nothing like the ones shown in trailers.gta v was praised mostly by the kids and young teenagers as they mostly never played gta game before.i would give san andreas 10/10,gta 4 9/10 and gta v 7.2/10.

• SonOfLiberty, Official General, fac316 and 2 others like this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

No basketball, they got 2 perfectly great courts at the rec center. they could have gotten those 2K guys to whip something up whiten those 5 years in development. Need more skinny jeans for Franklin and more clothing options for trevor like bandanas, jeans that aren't cuffed,  and more boots, also purchasable helmets for everyone.

If GTA V had basketball then it would be a 10/10 for me. Right now it's at a 9, but that basketball would be nice. I'd rather have basketball rather than darts. Oh and need Michael to get some skate shoes with laces, those slip ons out of style

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Need more skinny jeans for Franklin

Skinny jeans aint cool, yo.
  • kingcs likes this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Need more skinny jeans for Franklin

Skinny jeans aint cool, yo.

actually they are, I'm not talking skin tight but just slim enough that they aren't too baggy like regular. Baggy Jeans make Franklin look shorter than he really is. Please dont tell me real niggas still wear baggy jeans, I honestly don't care it's 2014 (2013 GTA V time) and R* give franklin all these dress options but the tees are beyond oversized and he wears baggy jeans like it's 2003. 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

actually they are, I'm not talking skin tight but just slim enough that they aren't too baggy like regular. Baggy Jeans make Franklin look shorter than he really is. Please dont tell me real niggas still wear baggy jeans, I honestly don't care it's 2014 (2013 GTA V time) and R* give franklin all these dress options but the tees are beyond oversized and he wears baggy jeans like it's 2003.

Baggy jeans conceal weapons better.
Baggy jeans let you run better.
Baggy jeans are roomier in the place where you should need a lot of room.

Skinny jeans are for Kanye West fans, who took the style from indie fashion.

Skinny jeans ain't hood and they never will be ;)

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

Baggy jeans conceal weapons better.
Baggy jeans let you run better.
Baggy jeans are roomier in the place where you should need a lot of room.

Skinny jeans are for Kanye West fans, who took the style from indie fashion.

Skinny jeans ain't hood and they never will be ;)

Franklin left the hood, they can wear their underwear and somehow pull out an RPG, who cares if it conceals them better, Baggy jeans are out of style

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Exact same thoughts. I even revised my score of V from 8/10 to a 7/10. I genuinely believe V is worth no more than a 7/10. I revised my score of IV from an 8/10 to a solid 9/10. IV with EFLC is a straight 9.5/10. 

• Militia likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 23 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

OG, You should give V another go.
  • Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, I did. I played it for the past week and a half. I'm going to give it a break until the next DLC.

• Vercetti42 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yeah and if you find the story boring, just skip the cutscenes.

Wylight
  • Wylight

Previously known as Skizzo45

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Many people gained a lot of love for IV once the episodes came out, they filled a lot of gaps and Im sure they will do the same for V, I just don't know when, and it might be too late when they finally get them rolling out.

• Sting4S likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Bro, I think you need to play first to try and understand why I'm disappointed with it.

I will only give it another go if :

* The SP DLC is very good stuff

* The new-gen version is a greatly significant improvement over the last-gen version.

* If the game is given more additions, features, and updates that would greatly improve the gameplay. 

Otherwise, I'm not really motivated to give V another go.

• SonOfLiberty, kj2022, kingcs and 4 others like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I am actually gonna do GTA V to 100% again after I finish IV, which I started again today and am already 10.47% Completion.  If I stick to the 10% rate each day, this game will be done in 9 more days from today.  These games go quickly for me.  Not sure how only 1/3 of the GTA Community finished IV to 100%  :blink:  :blink:  Lazy idiots...

However, I won't do GTA V until the late fall early Winter.  But I will do it again for sure, but want a lot of time to pass before thinking about it.  I also want all DLC's and Patches to officially be over once I bother with it.  Since they keep releasing vehicles, I am sick of getting my collections complete and then they release something else that interests me and there I go again saying "Nice, now I gotta get rid of another vehicle I like to store this next vehicle"

This game's storage space is f*cking pathetic.

Which reminds me of another gripe I had with IV...10 vehicles to be stored?!  Cops can steal your vehicles?!  Cars can knock them out of their parking spots?!  That's very f*cking pathetic how this can all happen in GTA IV, however, TLaD and TBoGT, I find 16 spots being ample as there is not as many cars in GTA IV that interest me like they do in GTA V.  I am sure a lot of people find the GTA V cars appealing and would like to store them but can't cuz Rockstar gives no love to SP and adds more space for sh*t fest GTAO.  This ruined GTA for me by a long shot.  I've said it before, and I will say it again, if Rockstar continues their Online nonsense, there is never gonna be another purchase for a GTA game, f*ck that.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am actually gonna do GTA V to 100% again after I finish IV, which I started again today and am already 10.47% Completion.  If I stick to the 10% rate each day, this game will be done in 9 more days from today.  These games go quickly for me.  Not sure how only 1/3 of the GTA Community finished IV to 100%  :blink:  :blink:  Lazy idiots...

However, I won't do GTA V until the late fall early Winter.  But I will do it again for sure, but want a lot of time to pass before thinking about it.  I also want all DLC's and Patches to officially be over once I bother with it.  Since they keep releasing vehicles, I am sick of getting my collections complete and then they release something else that interests me and there I go again saying "Nice, now I gotta get rid of another vehicle I like to store this next vehicle"

This game's storage space is f*cking pathetic.

Which reminds me of another gripe I had with IV...10 vehicles to be stored?!  Cops can steal your vehicles?!  Cars can knock them out of their parking spots?!  That's very f*cking pathetic how this can all happen in GTA IV, however, TLaD and TBoGT, I find 16 spots being ample as there is not as many cars in GTA IV that interest me like they do in GTA V.  I am sure a lot of people find the GTA V cars appealing and would like to store them but can't cuz Rockstar gives no love to SP and adds more space for sh*t fest GTAO.  This ruined GTA for me by a long shot.  I've said it before, and I will say it again, if Rockstar continues their Online nonsense, there is never gonna be another purchase for a GTA game, f*ck that.

I'm gonna have another playthrough of IV and EFLC real soon.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by Militia, 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I did TLaD/TBoGT in March actually, so I got the best saves I could possibly get in those games.  But my GTA IV save wasn't the greatest and this time I am going for the 4 Unique Vehicles (Roman's Taxi, Laundromat, Police Stockade, and Romero) in the game, FIB Buffalo, and also 5 EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles.  Then once 100% is reached with those 10 vehicles, best stats, etc, I am gonna then use the girlfriend exploit and make them all BP/DP/EP (Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof).

Once I got older, I really became interested in becoming a GTA Fan to the core.  I always get 100%, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Missions Failed, Proof Vehicle Collections, etc.  When I was younger, I didn't care much about doing this, other than getting 100% with 0 cheats used.  Now, I finished III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with perfect gamesaves and a proof vehicle collection, now I am gonna update my IV save to be perfect, and my TLaD/TBoGT is as perfect as they can be already, too, so I don't need to update them.  Only V is next for me after GTA IV.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

I did TLaD/TBoGT in March actually, so I got the best saves I could possibly get in those games.  But my GTA IV save wasn't the greatest and this time I am going for the 4 Unique Vehicles (Roman's Taxi, Laundromat, Police Stockade, and Romero) in the game, FIB Buffalo, and also 5 EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles.  Then once 100% is reached with those 10 vehicles, best stats, etc, I am gonna then use the girlfriend exploit and make them all BP/DP/EP (Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof).

Once I got older, I really became interested in becoming a GTA Fan to the core.  I always get 100%, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Missions Failed, Proof Vehicle Collections, etc.  When I was younger, I didn't care much about doing this, other than getting 100% with 0 cheats used.  Now, I finished III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with perfect gamesaves and a proof vehicle collection, now I am gonna update my IV save to be perfect, and my TLaD/TBoGT is as perfect as they can be already, too, so I don't need to update them.  Only V is next for me after GTA IV.

IV is pretty hard to get 0 deaths though, especially if you played it on a crappy PC which only gets 20-25 fps average. I'm still looking for IV+EFLC for PS3 though, those things are pretty rare here.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

I play PS1, 2, and 3 games only.  Never played a PC game and they all play on my backward compatible PS3.

0 Deaths is easy.  If you die, you reload.  Always keeping the stats at 0 for everything.  It's just time consuming if you die, that's all...

• Kampret likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

I play PS1, 2, and 3 games only.  Never played a PC game and they all play on my backward compatible PS3.

0 Deaths is easy.  If you die, you reload.  Always keeping the stats at 0 for everything.  It's just time consuming if you die, that's all...

I see... Never thunk of that before.

P.S You got the early PS3 from 2006-2007?

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

And now, after I read the "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's Story" thread, I wonder what would happen if V only got Michael as the protagonist (F and T are allies, a lot like Roman/Packie to Niko).

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

I have the same type of stats in all my gamesaves.  100% Completion, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed.  I only fail a mission and/or die when it's required to obtain a special vehicle from a mission.  It's all the same in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

No, I bought my PS3 actually with GTA IV back in 2008 when they were first released after a couple months.

I'd never give in to Playstation now a days as they want you to own PS2, 3, and 4.  They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme.  They won't take my money, as I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

• Official General likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I have the same type of stats in all my gamesaves.  100% Completion, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed.  I only fail a mission and/or die when it's required to obtain a special vehicle from a mission.  It's all the same in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

No, I bought my PS3 actually with GTA IV back in 2008 when they were first released after a couple months.

I'd never give in to Playstation now a days as they want you to own PS2, 3, and 4.  They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme.  They won't take my money, as I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

I don't think the whole backwards-compatible thing was a money making scheme. Remember back in the days when PS3 supported PS2 games natively? The console itself costs like 600 bucks, while it's produced as high as 800 bucks. When 3rd generation fat PS3 came out without backwards-compatibility, the price got cut considerably.

The same applies to PS4. If it plays PS3 games too, it wont be 400 bucks.

• Militia likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:23 PM. Removed quote-train.

Well said bro i too first used to hate gta 4.the graphics were not good and the map dissapointed me.but after a while playing it it become so much fun to play.but i still disliked that there was no countryside and planes in gta 4.but the city was well done everywhere there is something going on and there are many interesting sideactivities.the atmosphere was so good.driving was so realistic.the city was so detailed it felt so realistic.the physics were 10 times better than gta v.but still san andreas will be the best gta game and no other gta shall beat it.i expected a lot from gta v.it was the most overhyped game ever.the gameplay was nothing like the ones shown in trailers.gta v was praised mostly by the kids and young teenagers as they mostly never played gta game before.i would give san andreas 10/10,gta 4 9/10 and gta v 7.2/10.

I felt that way about IV too til i kept playing and playing then I started to appreciate LC (and Alderney)/The story and how wonderfully crafted it was. V def. made me appreciate the ped/cop dialogue in IV. All V is if f*ck me in the ass or I'm calling the cops. I played IV+the EFLC from 08-13 then it broke :(. With V, i barely play it only when i'm bored. The dumbed down driving physics/ Auto Aiming robocops don't help

• GTAfear, Official General, Witchking Of Angmar and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by Official General, 24 July 2014 - 04:51 PM.

I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

If Rockstar takes GTA down the route of focusing mostly online, then I too will retire from the serious. I will just stick to playing GTAs between III and IV+EFLC.

IV is pretty hard to get 0 deaths though, especially if you played it on a crappy PC which only gets 20-25 fps average. I'm still looking for IV+EFLC for PS3 though, those things are pretty rare here.

Amazon should be able to ship to Poland right ?

• Militia likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

GTA V feels like a mishmash of old contents with new additions combined with improvements and new features. Its like we've got some good enough things making a return from past games, but this mixture sucks to the way it plays now than in previous games.
I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the GTA O or not, but plenty of gameplay and features, as a whole, on a major-minor scale literally left me disappointed and uncomfortable to play the game similar ( if not better ) to what I'd describe it as the GTA.
It could have been a fantastic game but it doesn't hit any correct notes for me when it comes to fun content, unrestricted freedom, and the gameplay.
They did quite brilliantly with their each previous title, even GTA IV was not bad at all, then why they f*cked up so badly this time?
  • Official General, SFPD officer, Witchking Of Angmar and 2 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 24 July 2014 - 03:32 PM.

They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme. 

It has nothing to do with a money making scheme. It has to do with the consoles moving onto x86 architecture. Backwards compatibility is, if I remember correctly, impossible.

• Sting4S and Militia like this

arrout
  • arrout

Sometimes I watch the Lion King and cry when Mufasa dies

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by arrout, 24 July 2014 - 03:58 PM.

>300 days getting spoiled and having my hypes lowered without the game on PC

>Steam has no pre-order

>Saw consolists with the game complaining about heists while I just wanted the freaking game

>Probably it will come to PC full price

>Was waiting since the first trailer while my friends discovered the game when it launched

>I dream about the game often, and I'm with anxiety problems due to it

>Rockstar doesn't release any information like release date

>In videos/lives that I see the game seems beautiful but consolists just keep telling me the game is sh*t

>Consolists will have the opportunity to bring their status, weapons, tanks on the PC on the day one while we will start fresh and get spawn-killed by them everytime

>Can't play it on my old Xbox-360 that I bought just to play the exclusives because it gave me the 3 red f*#$ing lights

• fefenc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users