Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

3,319 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 23 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

OG, You should give V another go.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, I did. I played it for the past week and a half. I'm going to give it a break until the next DLC.

• Vercetti42 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yeah and if you find the story boring, just skip the cutscenes.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Many people gained a lot of love for IV once the episodes came out, they filled a lot of gaps and Im sure they will do the same for V, I just don't know when, and it might be too late when they finally get them rolling out.

• Scaglietti likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Bro, I think you need to play first to try and understand why I'm disappointed with it.

I will only give it another go if :

* The SP DLC is very good stuff

* The new-gen version is a greatly significant improvement over the last-gen version.

* If the game is given more additions, features, and updates that would greatly improve the gameplay. 

Otherwise, I'm not really motivated to give V another go.

• Algonquin Assassin, kj2022, kingcs and 4 others like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I am actually gonna do GTA V to 100% again after I finish IV, which I started again today and am already 10.47% Completion.  If I stick to the 10% rate each day, this game will be done in 9 more days from today.  These games go quickly for me.  Not sure how only 1/3 of the GTA Community finished IV to 100%  :blink:  :blink:  Lazy idiots...

However, I won't do GTA V until the late fall early Winter.  But I will do it again for sure, but want a lot of time to pass before thinking about it.  I also want all DLC's and Patches to officially be over once I bother with it.  Since they keep releasing vehicles, I am sick of getting my collections complete and then they release something else that interests me and there I go again saying "Nice, now I gotta get rid of another vehicle I like to store this next vehicle"

This game's storage space is f*cking pathetic.

Which reminds me of another gripe I had with IV...10 vehicles to be stored?!  Cops can steal your vehicles?!  Cars can knock them out of their parking spots?!  That's very f*cking pathetic how this can all happen in GTA IV, however, TLaD and TBoGT, I find 16 spots being ample as there is not as many cars in GTA IV that interest me like they do in GTA V.  I am sure a lot of people find the GTA V cars appealing and would like to store them but can't cuz Rockstar gives no love to SP and adds more space for sh*t fest GTAO.  This ruined GTA for me by a long shot.  I've said it before, and I will say it again, if Rockstar continues their Online nonsense, there is never gonna be another purchase for a GTA game, f*ck that.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am actually gonna do GTA V to 100% again after I finish IV, which I started again today and am already 10.47% Completion.  If I stick to the 10% rate each day, this game will be done in 9 more days from today.  These games go quickly for me.  Not sure how only 1/3 of the GTA Community finished IV to 100%  :blink:  :blink:  Lazy idiots...

However, I won't do GTA V until the late fall early Winter.  But I will do it again for sure, but want a lot of time to pass before thinking about it.  I also want all DLC's and Patches to officially be over once I bother with it.  Since they keep releasing vehicles, I am sick of getting my collections complete and then they release something else that interests me and there I go again saying "Nice, now I gotta get rid of another vehicle I like to store this next vehicle"

This game's storage space is f*cking pathetic.

Which reminds me of another gripe I had with IV...10 vehicles to be stored?!  Cops can steal your vehicles?!  Cars can knock them out of their parking spots?!  That's very f*cking pathetic how this can all happen in GTA IV, however, TLaD and TBoGT, I find 16 spots being ample as there is not as many cars in GTA IV that interest me like they do in GTA V.  I am sure a lot of people find the GTA V cars appealing and would like to store them but can't cuz Rockstar gives no love to SP and adds more space for sh*t fest GTAO.  This ruined GTA for me by a long shot.  I've said it before, and I will say it again, if Rockstar continues their Online nonsense, there is never gonna be another purchase for a GTA game, f*ck that.

I'm gonna have another playthrough of IV and EFLC real soon.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by Militia, 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I did TLaD/TBoGT in March actually, so I got the best saves I could possibly get in those games.  But my GTA IV save wasn't the greatest and this time I am going for the 4 Unique Vehicles (Roman's Taxi, Laundromat, Police Stockade, and Romero) in the game, FIB Buffalo, and also 5 EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles.  Then once 100% is reached with those 10 vehicles, best stats, etc, I am gonna then use the girlfriend exploit and make them all BP/DP/EP (Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof).

Once I got older, I really became interested in becoming a GTA Fan to the core.  I always get 100%, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Missions Failed, Proof Vehicle Collections, etc.  When I was younger, I didn't care much about doing this, other than getting 100% with 0 cheats used.  Now, I finished III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with perfect gamesaves and a proof vehicle collection, now I am gonna update my IV save to be perfect, and my TLaD/TBoGT is as perfect as they can be already, too, so I don't need to update them.  Only V is next for me after GTA IV.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

I did TLaD/TBoGT in March actually, so I got the best saves I could possibly get in those games.  But my GTA IV save wasn't the greatest and this time I am going for the 4 Unique Vehicles (Roman's Taxi, Laundromat, Police Stockade, and Romero) in the game, FIB Buffalo, and also 5 EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles.  Then once 100% is reached with those 10 vehicles, best stats, etc, I am gonna then use the girlfriend exploit and make them all BP/DP/EP (Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof).

Once I got older, I really became interested in becoming a GTA Fan to the core.  I always get 100%, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Missions Failed, Proof Vehicle Collections, etc.  When I was younger, I didn't care much about doing this, other than getting 100% with 0 cheats used.  Now, I finished III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS with perfect gamesaves and a proof vehicle collection, now I am gonna update my IV save to be perfect, and my TLaD/TBoGT is as perfect as they can be already, too, so I don't need to update them.  Only V is next for me after GTA IV.

IV is pretty hard to get 0 deaths though, especially if you played it on a crappy PC which only gets 20-25 fps average. I'm still looking for IV+EFLC for PS3 though, those things are pretty rare here.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

I play PS1, 2, and 3 games only.  Never played a PC game and they all play on my backward compatible PS3.

0 Deaths is easy.  If you die, you reload.  Always keeping the stats at 0 for everything.  It's just time consuming if you die, that's all...

• Kampret likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

I play PS1, 2, and 3 games only.  Never played a PC game and they all play on my backward compatible PS3.

0 Deaths is easy.  If you die, you reload.  Always keeping the stats at 0 for everything.  It's just time consuming if you die, that's all...

I see... Never thunk of that before.

P.S You got the early PS3 from 2006-2007?

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

And now, after I read the "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's Story" thread, I wonder what would happen if V only got Michael as the protagonist (F and T are allies, a lot like Roman/Packie to Niko).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

I have the same type of stats in all my gamesaves.  100% Completion, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed.  I only fail a mission and/or die when it's required to obtain a special vehicle from a mission.  It's all the same in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

No, I bought my PS3 actually with GTA IV back in 2008 when they were first released after a couple months.

I'd never give in to Playstation now a days as they want you to own PS2, 3, and 4.  They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme.  They won't take my money, as I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

• Official General likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I have the same type of stats in all my gamesaves.  100% Completion, 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed.  I only fail a mission and/or die when it's required to obtain a special vehicle from a mission.  It's all the same in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

No, I bought my PS3 actually with GTA IV back in 2008 when they were first released after a couple months.

I'd never give in to Playstation now a days as they want you to own PS2, 3, and 4.  They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme.  They won't take my money, as I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

I don't think the whole backwards-compatible thing was a money making scheme. Remember back in the days when PS3 supported PS2 games natively? The console itself costs like 600 bucks, while it's produced as high as 800 bucks. When 3rd generation fat PS3 came out without backwards-compatibility, the price got cut considerably.

The same applies to PS4. If it plays PS3 games too, it wont be 400 bucks.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:23 PM. Removed quote-train.

Well said bro i too first used to hate gta 4.the graphics were not good and the map dissapointed me.but after a while playing it it become so much fun to play.but i still disliked that there was no countryside and planes in gta 4.but the city was well done everywhere there is something going on and there are many interesting sideactivities.the atmosphere was so good.driving was so realistic.the city was so detailed it felt so realistic.the physics were 10 times better than gta v.but still san andreas will be the best gta game and no other gta shall beat it.i expected a lot from gta v.it was the most overhyped game ever.the gameplay was nothing like the ones shown in trailers.gta v was praised mostly by the kids and young teenagers as they mostly never played gta game before.i would give san andreas 10/10,gta 4 9/10 and gta v 7.2/10.

I felt that way about IV too til i kept playing and playing then I started to appreciate LC (and Alderney)/The story and how wonderfully crafted it was. V def. made me appreciate the ped/cop dialogue in IV. All V is if f*ck me in the ass or I'm calling the cops. I played IV+the EFLC from 08-13 then it broke :(. With V, i barely play it only when i'm bored. The dumbed down driving physics/ Auto Aiming robocops don't help

• GTA_fear, Official General, Peregrin Brandytook and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by Official General, 24 July 2014 - 04:51 PM.

I am not a big gamer anyways and won't buy a single game until the next GTA comes out and that is still questionable as I hardly was interested in V.  They'll keep obsessing over Online, which I don't play, thus I will retire this series if that happens.

If Rockstar takes GTA down the route of focusing mostly online, then I too will retire from the serious. I will just stick to playing GTAs between III and IV+EFLC.

IV is pretty hard to get 0 deaths though, especially if you played it on a crappy PC which only gets 20-25 fps average. I'm still looking for IV+EFLC for PS3 though, those things are pretty rare here.

Amazon should be able to ship to Poland right ?

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

GTA V feels like a mishmash of old contents with new additions combined with improvements and new features. Its like we've got some good enough things making a return from past games, but this mixture sucks to the way it plays now than in previous games.
I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the GTA O or not, but plenty of gameplay and features, as a whole, on a major-minor scale literally left me disappointed and uncomfortable to play the game similar ( if not better ) to what I'd describe it as the GTA.
It could have been a fantastic game but it doesn't hit any correct notes for me when it comes to fun content, unrestricted freedom, and the gameplay.
They did quite brilliantly with their each previous title, even GTA IV was not bad at all, then why they f*cked up so badly this time?
  • Official General, HaythamKenway, Peregrin Brandytook and 2 others like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 24 July 2014 - 03:32 PM.

They don't do the backward compatible stuff anymore, which is rediculous and just a money making scheme. 

It has nothing to do with a money making scheme. It has to do with the consoles moving onto x86 architecture. Backwards compatibility is, if I remember correctly, impossible.

• Scaglietti and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

arrout
  • arrout

W E D I D I T B O Y Z

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by arrout, 24 July 2014 - 03:58 PM.

>300 days getting spoiled and having my hypes lowered without the game on PC

>Steam has no pre-order

>Saw consolists with the game complaining about heists while I just wanted the freaking game

>Probably it will come to PC full price

>Was waiting since the first trailer while my friends discovered the game when it launched

>I dream about the game often, and I'm with anxiety problems due to it

>Rockstar doesn't release any information like release date

>In videos/lives that I see the game seems beautiful but consolists just keep telling me the game is sh*t

>Consolists will have the opportunity to bring their status, weapons, tanks on the PC on the day one while we will start fresh and get spawn-killed by them everytime

>Can't play it on my old Xbox-360 that I bought just to play the exclusives because it gave me the 3 red f*#$ing lights

• fefenc likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

GTA V feels like a mishmash of old contents with new additions combined with improvements and new features. Its like we've got some good enough things making a return from past games, but this mixture sucks to the way it plays now than in previous games.
I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the GTA O or not, but plenty of gameplay and features, as a whole, on a major-minor scale literally left me disappointed and uncomfortable to play the game similar ( if not better ) to what I'd describe it as the GTA.
It could have been a fantastic game but it doesn't hit any correct notes for me when it comes to fun content, unrestricted freedom, and the gameplay.
They did quite brilliantly with their each previous title, even GTA IV was not bad at all, then why they f*cked up so badly this time?

Perfectly said.

• Official General, MorsPrincipiumEst and SingularSoul like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Perfectly said.

Yep, Osho nailed it. Like I've said before, when I played V, there were many times it did not feel like I was playing GTA. Sometimes I felt like I was playing Splinter Cell, a little bit of COD, and The Sims.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

3HYxl9w.jpg

• Official General, Kalerney, HaythamKenway and 13 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 24 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Perfectly said.

Yep, Osho nailed it. Like I've said before, when I played V, there were many times it did not feel like I was playing GTA. Sometimes I felt like I was playing Splinter Cell, a little bit of COD, and The Sims.

Sometimes for me it felt like playing need for speed,sometimes flight simulator and mountain climbing simulator.

• Official General and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Jeez, you guys act like R* made the singleplayer like that Rambo game lol

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Perfectly said.

Sometimes for me it felt like playing need for speed,sometimes flight simulator and mountain climbing simulator.

Funnily enough the first time I drove around LS it made me feel like I was playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles. It's true though. GTA V has a massive identity crisis. I think R* tried just a bit too hard to tap into different genres. Now it feels like the love child of multiple games.

• Official General, HaythamKenway, latigreblue and 4 others like this

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

These GTA fans will complain about GTA V all the way up to GTA VI. Then you will hate GTA VI and start saying how great GTA V was. I've seen people do it with GTA IV and SA.

Look bloke, we've heard the same bullsh*t over and over. "Oh people hated IV and now they love IV and hate V"- rubbish. Common sense will tell you that the people complaining about V now weren't the same people complaining about IV then. Stop restating the same inaccurate sh*t and go on your own way because obviously you have nothing to say that's relevant to this topic.

We have enough lazy thinkers as it is, we don't need another one.

You just proved my point. On every topic on this forum, it's always GTA V sucks, GTA IV was better, and they don't realize its happening until somebody else notices it and brings it up. Look at the older topics centered on GTA IV, there saying how bad GTA IV was but now, it miraculously saying its levels above GTA V when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest. 

• Kalerney and OneManCrimeWave like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:27 PM. Removed quote-train.

And on another note, why is it that when people like Sting4S, OG, or Osho  praise GTA IV and criticize GTA V, there comments are consider notable or noteworthy, but when someone criticizes IV and defends V, its consider blaspheme, foolish and laughably stupid opinions?     

Yeah because gta v is the worst gta game of all.its the same old repetitive sh*t thats in previous games.drive,shoot and then escape.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:06 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 August 2014 - 03:11 AM.

That would literally apply to every GTA game ever. Are they all the worst?

There's also not really much you can do about it. Especially when you put it into THAT broad of a generalization.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

These GTA fans will complain about GTA V all the way up to GTA VI. Then you will hate GTA VI and start saying how great GTA V was. I've seen people do it with GTA IV and SA.

Look bloke, we've heard the same bullsh*t over and over. "Oh people hated IV and now they love IV and hate V"- rubbish. Common sense will tell you that the people complaining about V now weren't the same people complaining about IV then. Stop restating the same inaccurate sh*t and go on your own way because obviously you have nothing to say that's relevant to this topic.

We have enough lazy thinkers as it is, we don't need another one.

You just proved my point. On every topic on this forum, it's always GTA V sucks, GTA IV was better, and they don't realize its happening until somebody else notices it and brings it up. Look at the older topics centered on GTA IV, there saying how bad GTA IV was but now, it miraculously saying its levels above GTA V when V better itself in every aspect besides a less detailed story. Think out your answer before you curse someone who researches their interest. 

I really have no idea why people still go on about this. Just because some people criticise GTA V and like GTA IV doesn't mean they didn't like GTA IV at some point. Everyone who makes this claim has one thing in common. They don't have any evidence to back themselves up. They just assume and can't make a direct correlation to anyone in particular.

I've been here a lot longer than most people on this forum and I don't know of anyone who fits this bill. Some GTA V fans just don't like GTA V being criticised and assume anyone that criticises it and/or is a fan of GTA IV must've hated it at one stage.

It's insecurity on an epic level.

• Bi0ha2ard_q8, Scaglietti, DonMichaelCorleone and 3 others like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by Andreas, 03 August 2014 - 05:26 PM. Removed quote-train.

My god, can't you understand that people who HATED IV were mostly DIFFERENT people from the one who HATED V. Jeez, stop stereotyping.

• Algonquin Assassin and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users