Photo

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

3,675 replies to this topic
Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I always wondered why Michael let his wife off the hook for cheating. I think it makes no sense why he'd go so ballistic that he topples over the house his wife's lover was in, only to then forget about it the second the mission is over.

It's called crappy writing.
  • theGTAking101, Ertan Soner and NeonDolphin like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 3 weeks ago.

I always wondered why Michael let his wife off the hook for cheating. I think it makes no sense why he'd go so ballistic that he topples over the house his wife's lover was in, only to then forget about it the second the mission is over.

Several reasons. First, Michael knows that he is a criminal, sociopath who emotionally abandoned his family in favor of self-loathing and daytime drinking the moment they took their new identities and arrived in Los Santos. He made promises to his wife right before making the deal with the FIB about how great he would make their lives in California. Promises he never kept. He obviously had his own dalliances with strippers and hookers, though this is never really confirmed. Still, he certainly while does I play as him! lol

Also, Michael is usually a calculating, smart, pragmatic man, despite his sometimes lapsing into rage. He realizes that with Amanda taking the kids that if he goes ballistic, he would just further demonstrate what a hypocrite he is, and that behavior would have probably lost him his family. Since it is clear from the narrative that Michael's family, despite his criminality, is the most important thing in his life, I believe he sacrificed his need to rage about it in order to get Amanda and the kids back, and again, realizing that he was at least indirectly responsible for Amanda's loneliness and her seeking out another man's company.

Just shows how AWESOME Rockstar writers are.

Whilst LEGALLY yes that's the point, they didn't have to use such harsh methods, tracking down and threatening to ruin peoples lives, etc, over a damn devkit, even other developers in the past have offered something nice in return to people who returned devkits, Take-Two though, nope, better threaten, possibly C&D under bullsh*t lies that they can't fight because we have more money and we will drag this case out until they're bankrupt!

Even better still, want to know the reason they claimed? They stated that if the information and files found were made public, IT COULD DAMAGE SALES OF GRAND THEFT AUTO V, a game that has been in the Top 10 sellers for five years, and game that has made insane amounts of profit, and yet us having beta files and seeing what was in the game would ruin all of that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you just said. I was not saying Rockstar was morally or ethically right. I was only talking about the law. What they are doing with V, as I have said many times, is nothing short of Freemium thuggery, and their declaration of war on modders due to minor copyright infractions is atrocious. You won't get any argument from me. Particularly since the ONLY reason that they backed off of some mod tools is because players crushed them in our reviews on Steam.
  • AreWomanMadeFromSand? likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 3 weeks ago

Several reasons. First, Michael knows that he is a criminal, sociopath who emotionally abandoned his family in favor of self-loathing and daytime drinking the moment they took their new identities and arrived in Los Santos. He made promises to his wife right before making the deal with the FIB about how great he would make their lives in California. Promises he never kept. He obviously had his own dalliances with strippers and hookers, though this is never really confirmed. Still, he certainly while does I play as him! lol

Also, Michael is usually a calculating, smart, pragmatic man, despite his sometimes lapsing into rage. He realizes that with Amanda taking the kids that if he goes ballistic, he would just further demonstrate what a hypocrite he is, and that behavior would have probably lost him his family. Since it is clear from the narrative that Michael's family, despite his criminality, is the most important thing in his life, I believe he sacrificed his need to rage about it in order to get Amanda and the kids back, and again, realizing that he was at least indirectly responsible for Amanda's loneliness and her seeking out another man's company.

Just shows how AWESOME Rockstar writers are.

You should also point out that BOTH Michael and Amanda are "cheating" on each other on a regular basis, they both have profiles on the in-game dating/sex websites (ironically so does Trevor, to think if he just looked for Men he would've found Michael years ago) and it's implied that they're really in a sort of open relationship of sorts, they know they both f*ck around with other people but the rule is to never do it in their house, that's why Michael flips, he even shouts during the mission "NOT IN OUR BED!".
  • AreWomanMadeFromSand? likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

You should also point out that BOTH Michael and Amanda are "cheating" on each other on a regular basis, they both have profiles on the in-game dating/sex websites (ironically so does Trevor, to think if he just looked for Men he would've found Michael years ago) and it's implied that they're really in a sort of open relationship of sorts, they know they both f*ck around with other people but the rule is to never do it in their house, that's why Michael flips, he even shouts during the mission "NOT IN OUR BED!".

Good point.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Piggsy pls, 3 weeks ago.

He doesn't care about her cheating, they both cheat on each other regularly, he's just mad apparently that it happened in his bed and with a guy he's paying to teach her tennis, not screw her behind his back.

One of the things he might say to Franklin during the mission is something like "If I have to go to a motel, so does she."

But yeah, looking back, his over the top reaction to it was weird.

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Cops are wayyyyy too OP wow Jesus f*ck

ATP2555
  • ATP2555

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

All I'm doing is expressing my dislike about GTA V's coding(like the thread title implies). I may have called the coder(s) a moron(s), but I'm really just venting. You disagree with me, I understand that, but you don't have to shove that down my throat.

Well, first off, I wasn't shoving anything down your throat. This is a discussion forum. I was discussing the topic with you. Sometimes people agree when they discuss, sometimes they disagree. This was one of those times I was disagreeing with you.

Had I said something like, "YO LOSER!! Why don't you just STFU and stop trashing the game and Rockstar?!!" and added a few angry emoticons for good reason, then yeah, in that case, I would be shoving it down your throat. But saying I acknowledge your right to say anything you please while simply asserting my position on the issue is just having a civil discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I don't agree with your signature(GTA Snore: Crapisodes of Puberty City) because I like the GTA IV-era, though I find it very amusing, as with most derogatory nicknames for video games(Gaylo, Call of Dookie, and some others).

• ChiroVette and LanGonCer9807 like this

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another problem I have with GTA V that I believe I’ve addressed before, but I’ll address again anyway, is that it seems as if it appeals more to dumb blonde, valley girl, or bimbo lovers whereas 3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, TLAD, and TBOGT all seem to appeal more to brunette lovers such as myself. And for the most part that is. Additionally, lovers of the dumb blondes, valley girls, and bimbos have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be offended by what I just said because A. I respect their opinion, and B. I say it all as a blond haired and blue eyed man.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 weeks ago.

Redheads master hair color race #Fact

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The fact that the FREE double action revolver(and more RDR2 weapons to come according to the newswire) are locked to GTA Online with NO WAY to get them in GTA V.

Alexlecj
  • Alexlecj

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Why is almost every character in this game behaving like complete douches?

That was already a trend in TBoGT, by the way.

• B Dawg and NeonDolphin like this

scorpioxdragon
  • scorpioxdragon

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I really like this game but, the online focus kills it for me.

I would've paid for Story Mode DLC gladly.

Couple things I wish they would've changed though.

-interiors, it'd be nice to be able to re-enter at least all the buildings that had interiors during missions

-safehouse upgrades, there is very little to do at your safehouse, it's almost pointless having them.

-clothes, why is the Discount Store and Binco the same? also, the clothing options are pretty limited. like there's a whole lot of uninteresting clothing. a million glasses and shoes... why?

-dates, only Michael has them? and he can only go on dates with Amanda?... it's a shame there are so many NPC's but they're all just background.

-property missions, these are almost the dumbest things in the game. picking up a truck of alcohol and driving it to your club... really? defending your bar from 4-6 random ballers. why can't we have like... Franklin call Michael, saying he's getting attacked by ballers, that'd be more fun then running out and defending your bar. There should be a ton more of them too and cops should show up after you take them out.

-mini-games, it's a shame they built some pool tables and arcade games you can't do anything with. Also all of the vendors on Vespuci that you can't buy anything from.

-TV, Movies, etc, I wish there was some better shows and movies. It'd be nice if the shows updated every once in a while.

-more parking and garage space, yea it's not a car game but still, there are a lot of nice cars it'd be nice to upgrade and keep.

-weapons, there's too many different ones, and I only really like a few of them. Wish there were more interesting weapons, or at least iconic knockoffs. Ammunation should also show ALL your weapon skins when you enter.

I know this isn't supposed to be SIMS GTA Edition.... but why not? That's pretty much what it's set up for after they story is done. The only problem is, there is very little to do after you complete the story. And I started playing this game only a few months ago. Jesus, if I bought this when it came out, I would be super pissed at this point.

...At least I have State of Decay 2 to look forward to.

• CartmanKusanagi, Ertan Soner and kcole4001 like this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 6 days ago

So glad Rockstar came back to the GTA IV/RDR serious tone in RDR II instead of the stupid sh*tfest that is GTA V.

• Algonquin Assassin, CartmanKusanagi and Ertan Soner like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 6 days ago.

I really like this game but, the online focus kills it for me.

I would've paid for Story Mode DLC gladly.

Same here! GTA is one of the most amazing games in the history of gaming, and one of the best GTA games in the franchise's history. But the lack of SP support leaves so much wasted potential.

Couple things I wish they would've changed though.

-interiors, it'd be nice to be able to re-enter at least all the buildings that had interiors during missions

This is one of those things where, even though I could honestly care less about interiors, there is no reason Rockstar shouldn't have added them, particularly since they are already in the game and modders were able to give us access to a huge amount of them. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom why Rockstar wouldn't have simply added them to the game and not let the modders do it instead. Makes no sense to me.

-safehouse upgrades, there is very little to do at your safehouse, it's almost pointless having them.

Aren't all GTA games like this, though? Unless you are criticizing GTA in general. Honestly, Saints Row III and III are the only games I can think of where you can customize your safe houses.

-clothes, why is the Discount Store and Binco the same? also, the clothing options are pretty limited. like there's a whole lot of uninteresting clothing. a million glasses and shoes... why?

Seems weird to me that this game doesn't allow the same kinds of clothing option as San Andreas. The only thing I can think of is that this was streamlined because maybe the devs felt like this is a sandbox crime game, not Barbie Dress-Up? lol Like the interiors, I personally don't care about this. I am not a huge fan of tons of clothing in GTA and I only ever choose the stock outfits anyway. But that said, I think Rockstar knows that GTA fans love to roleplay, and things like this, and interiors, seem to facilitate that. And adding clothing is just a bunch of stupid skins anyway. They could have had one or two people spend a couple of days going to town on cool clothing. While it wouldn't have mattered to players like me at all, I am in the minority because I know for a fact GTA fans, en masse, are huge advocates of more clothing options.

-dates, only Michael has them? and he can only go on dates with Amanda?... it's a shame there are so many NPC's but they're all just background.

-property missions, these are almost the dumbest things in the game. picking up a truck of alcohol and driving it to your club... really? defending your bar from 4-6 random ballers. why can't we have like... Franklin call Michael, saying he's getting attacked by ballers, that'd be more fun then running out and defending your bar. There should be a ton more of them too and cops should show up after you take them out.

I always felt like the Bromance Playdate thing was annoying enough in San Andreas, with the girlfriends ALL being so high maintenance, and it became completely absurd in IV. I am glad that this was stripped out or really streamlined in V. But I can understand that if people like this part of the game, I guess.

As for property missions, I respect your opinion, but can't agree with this. I like the property missions in this game. Although I will definitely grant that Vice City had far and away the BEST Asset property missions in GTA history. So if you are comparing it to that then I feel your pain. But I am comparing it to IV and San Andreas, since they are the previous two games, and V really is much better in this regard. Again, though, VC was amazing. Oh and the Empire Building in VCS was insanely cool! If they had expanded upon that in V, I would be soooooo happy. As it is, I see the Property missions as kind of filler, but fun at the same time. NOTHING compared to VC and VCS, though.

-mini-games, it's a shame they built some pool tables and arcade games you can't do anything with. Also all of the vendors on Vespuci that you can't buy anything from.

And I am just SO HAPPY that I don't have to WIN at pool, Air Hockey (Episodes) and other of these moron bar games to get 100%! Oh and bowling! BARF! lol Its bad enough that they have Yoga, which would have been fine as a voluntary diversion, where you can skip them and choose other things to get your 100% contribution from. I hate the tennis, golf, and all that. I like that they are in the game, but I am glad the player doesn't have to actually do them to get 100%.

I never, never got the allure of Pool in SA or IV.

-TV, Movies, etc, I wish there was some better shows and movies. It'd be nice if the shows updated every once in a while.

I think that with all the radio stations, more TV would really be pushing it. But hey, if it could be done, it would be fun.

-more parking and garage space, yea it's not a car game but still, there are a lot of nice cars it'd be nice to upgrade and keep.

This game is STUPID CHEAP with garage space. And the worst part is that all the Online properties with ten car garages is like a real slap in the face to SP GTA fans. ANother thing I never understood, unless Rockstar us using stuff like this to bully people to play online in the hopes of getting us all to buy Shark Cards.

And insult to injury for non PC players is that there is a mod to bring ALL the properties from Online to SP with almost endless garage space. To me, how the Rockstar devs can sleep at night knowing this is beyond me.

-weapons, there's too many different ones, and I only really like a few of them. Wish there were more interesting weapons, or at least iconic knockoffs. Ammunation should also show ALL your weapon skins when you enter.

I think the weapons in V are a massive improvement, NOT just compared to IV but all GTA games. I love the weapon wheel and carrying every weapon in the game, as well as having a much more generous ammo cap. But I also see your point as some of the weapons really do feel a little repetitive.

I know this isn't supposed to be SIMS GTA Edition.... but why not? That's pretty much what it's set up for after they story is done. The only problem is, there is very little to do after you complete the story. And I started playing this game only a few months ago. Jesus, if I bought this when it came out, I would be super pissed at this point.

To be honest, this is a problem afflicting not only every single GTA game but every sandbox game. Don't get me wrong, it could have been a lot different had Rockstar made good on their promise of continued, ongoing SP support and not abandoned SP for their online cash cow. Other than trying to entice people to go online by withholding SP support, I can't think of a single reason why SP DLC and updates didn't continue to this day, particularly since it is now coming up on 5 years since V was released and there hasn't been so much as a peep from Rockstar about GTA VI.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 6 days ago Edited by gunziness, 6 days ago.

So glad Rockstar came back to the GTA IV/RDR serious tone in RDR II instead of the stupid sh*tfest that is GTA V.

Dont speak too soon man, I would wait until the game comes out to see that. R* changed a lot since the release of GTA V. I just hope its not a bloated tutorial for Online, because that would make the current trent R* is taking even stronger (and worse) for GTAVI.

scorpioxdragon
  • scorpioxdragon

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

This is one of those things where, even though I could honestly care less about interiors, there is no reason Rockstar shouldn't have added them, particularly since they are already in the game and modders were able to give us access to a huge amount of them. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom why Rockstar wouldn't have simply added them to the game and not let the modders do it instead. Makes no sense to me.

Yup, they already made them, and someone made a PC mod that seems to work fine, so I don't get it. Why not open them?

Aren't all GTA games like this, though? Unless you are criticizing GTA in general. Honestly, Saints Row III and III are the only games I can think of where you can customize your safe houses.

Which is why, I'm not sure why we even have a safehouse as opposed to just garage's. It's just my opinion but I feel like, if you're gonna put something in the game, then put it in the damn game.

Here's some things you can do at your safehouse, and where else you can do them:

-save game and time skip - while you cannot time skip, you CAN save game on your phone just fine

-health pack - these are literally all over the map and more easily accessible as you can just drive up to one on a hospital wall, hop out and hop back in

-change clothes - you can just go to the store that has the clothing you want, if you already bought it you can change there for free

-internet - on your phone already

-drink - you can drink at vanilla unicorn, or you can do a hangout and drink at any of the other interiors that are inaccessible for no damn reason

-garage - initially yes, you need the safehouse if you want a parking space, but later you can buy a bigger one... which also got me wondering why we didn't just get a single large garage OR parking structure that all protagonists could use?

Here's the only two things you cannot do anywhere else in the game.

-smoke (cigar, gas, pot)

-watch TV

... that's IT. You have your safehouse, so you can watch TV and smoke... and that's it. Yea there are some other things depending on the house, Michael has Tennis and Yoga, also available elsewhere, Franklin has Chop... if Chop did anything useful I might care, and Trevor can do something with a bear... we won't go into that.

So like I said, they spent all this time building safehouse interiors, and they do nothing significantly important nor exclusive at all. You cannot even do the simplest of things like:

-eat

-drink (sprunk etc)

-listen to the radio (Franklin has a really quiet one that you cannot do anything with).

Seems weird to me that this game doesn't allow the same kinds of clothing option as San Andreas. The only thing I can think of is that this was streamlined because maybe the devs felt like this is a sandbox crime game, not Barbie Dress-Up? lol Like the interiors, I personally don't care about this. I am not a huge fan of tons of clothing in GTA and I only ever choose the stock outfits anyway. But that said, I think Rockstar knows that GTA fans love to roleplay, and things like this, and interiors, seem to facilitate that. And adding clothing is just a bunch of stupid skins anyway. They could have had one or two people spend a couple of days going to town on cool clothing. While it wouldn't have mattered to players like me at all, I am in the minority because I know for a fact GTA fans, en masse, are huge advocates of more clothing options.

My main issue is really just that the clothes, are basically all the same. There are like a couple sets of everything with a million different colors or prints.... and a lot of them are really lame looking to begin with and few are useful at all. ...Michael and Trevor's awful Polo shirts come to mind. So basically a million variations of lame... AND to top it all off, your characters just put on whatever they feel like when you switch back and forth. And sometimes it's like a 4 year old dressed them... like DUDE seriously, what the hell are you wearing?

But I agree with you. ROLEPLAY. You pretty much hit it on the head there. And what options do we have?... I can make Trevor look like Mr. Rogers.... not really what I had in mind for him.

I know online has more options but, seriously, the time spent on creating the Story Mode clothing should've been spent more wisely. Just too much useless stuff.

I always felt like the Bromance Playdate thing was annoying enough in San Andreas, with the girlfriends ALL being so high maintenance, and it became completely absurd in IV. I am glad that this was stripped out or really streamlined in V. But I can understand that if people like this part of the game, I guess.

Again, roleplay. Yea they don't need to be high maintenance at all, just ability to pickup random NPC's would be nice. As well as fill your cell phone with numbers. You are basically limited to random hookers, strippers for booty calls and two random event girls... and Michael can't even sleep with his own wife... what the hell is that?

They already have the booty call and friend hangout pickup points, as well as the animations for prostitutes in car and stripper houses. Seems like they could've done this relatively easy.

I DO like that you can do short chats with NPC's that are really random (albeit one sided) conversations.

But it's really like Rockstar went halfway to awesome and then just stopped.

As for property missions, I respect your opinion, but can't agree with this. I like the property missions in this game. Although I will definitely grant that Vice City had far and away the BEST Asset property missions in GTA history. So if you are comparing it to that then I feel your pain. But I am comparing it to IV and San Andreas, since they are the previous two games, and V really is much better in this regard. Again, though, VC was amazing. Oh and the Empire Building in VCS was insanely cool! If they had expanded upon that in V, I would be soooooo happy. As it is, I see the Property missions as kind of filler, but fun at the same time. NOTHING compared to VC and VCS, though.

... you seriously like driving booze and weed in a slow as hell truck/van or flying around in a prop plane dropping flyers for literally no reason? Yea we'll have to agree to disagree. I find these specific missions really pointless and quite the opposite of fun.

I wouldn't mind stopping register thieves, paparazzi (I always shoot them anyway after the mission complete splash), defending bar and scrapyard missions so much, if I didn't also have to drive or fly around at mach -12 for over half the others, BUT I respect your opinion.

And I am just SO HAPPY that I don't have to WIN at pool, Air Hockey (Episodes) and other of these moron bar games to get 100%! Oh and bowling! BARF! lol Its bad enough that they have Yoga, which would have been fine as a voluntary diversion, where you can skip them and choose other things to get your 100% contribution from. I hate the tennis, golf, and all that. I like that they are in the game, but I am glad the player doesn't have to actually do them to get 100%.

I never, never got the allure of Pool in SA or IV.

I'm pretty much in agreement here. I didn't say that I wanted them to be mandatory. I like that they are there, but you HAVE to do Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga for 100% and that really blows. At the same time... I'd have more fun if it were pool, or some arcade game, or basketball, or whatever. Maybe just more options so people that aren't into Golf, Tennis, Darts and Yoga can choose something more fun (to them).

But again, they built a lot of models, if there's a damn Yoga mat, why can't I play on that arcade machine or pool table sitting in that house above the reservoir? And why have I seen better screensavers than that sorry excuse for a roller coaster?

I think the weapons in V are a massive improvement, NOT just compared to IV but all GTA games. I love the weapon wheel and carrying every weapon in the game, as well as having a much more generous ammo cap. But I also see your point as some of the weapons really do feel a little repetitive.

Yea, I don't have a problem with the weapons wheel at all. But there are 8 pistols and 8 assault rifles... this is really unnecessary IMO, especially since a lot of them are very similar (even that some of those assault rifles are technically SMG's again, redundancy). The other weapons for the most part are okay. 2 options per category, 3 if they are different enough, is really good enough for me. I WOULD however be interested if we got more knockoffs like I said, like an M41A, or the colt from Supernatural, or just a simple flamethrower...

The parachute options are also equally redundant. Half the color combo's are the same, and there's no chutes with cool prints or anything, just stripes.

Also,... NO UNDERWATER WEAPONS?... I have to dive for things... they put sharks in the water, and all I can use is a knife or my knuckles.... what if the sharks had lasers on their heads? Then what? ... always be prepared Rockstar.

Again, all in all, I really like the game. Just have some whining and complaining.

Also really wish there was a zombie mode. The map is really set up perfect for this. I know I know, zombie's is cliche at this point, but I really like the genre and it would be a good mode for this game. Like I said, SOD 2 is just around the corner. And you CAN mod your home base in that.

• ATP2555 likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Also really wish there was a zombie mode. The map is really set up perfect for this. I know I know, zombie's is cliche at this point, but I really like the genre and it would be a good mode for this game. Like I said, SOD 2 is just around the corner. And you CAN mod your home base in that.

Well.... Zombie dlc was another casualty of GTA Online 😢

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 5 days ago

It was too simplified.

1. Pedestrians and enemies take like 2-3 shots to kill.
2. The weapon wheel... (especially the time slowing down too)
3. Carrying multiple weapons of one type at a time! This made the weapons too repetitive, because you can go in AmmuNation, buy all of them and test them out in a few minutes.
4. Getting a sh*tton of cash in the end. Like, 5-7 million would've been enough, but almost 30 million?!
5. Special abilities... dafaq
6. GTA:O has turned into a Battlefield 4 and Saints Row/Star Wars cross-over. Flying cars, OP weapons, etc.
7. The 'skip' option in missions.
8. Saving your game anywhere with quick-saving makes the safehouse almost useless.

Now for some other sh*t:
9. They removed(or downgraded) the Euphoria Ragdoll from GTA IV, making the funny ragdoll animations not fun at all in GTA V.
10. Agressive citizens. (e.g. waiting at a bus station, and a chick calls 911 on you for standing there, waiting).
11. Trains are also almost useless. At least let us destroy or control them. Even letting us ride in them would've been cool.
12. Agressive OP cops.
13. Shark Cards.
14. Lack of gang-related content and missions.
15. Franklin had potential to be an awesome character, but he's boring instead.
16. Trevor is way too over-powered sometimes.
17. Lack of side activities (e.g. vigilante, firefighter, etc. Like, they could have put them in but not make them needed for 100%).
18. Lack of forests/isolated areas.
19. Lack of interiors.
20. Not being able to buy new safehouses.
21. Paleto Bay is boring, it could have been much better.
22. Not letting us rob more stores in freeroam (even small Fleeca banks would've been cool).
And so on.
  • ATP2555 likes this

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 5 days ago Edited by DirtCheap, 5 days ago.

6. GTA:O has turned into a Battlefield 4 and Saints Row/Star Wars cross-over. Flying cars, OP weapons, etc.

13. Shark Cards.

These are things found only in GTA Online, not GTA V. They should not be brought up.

Yes, technically GTA V and Online are the same game, but here's how to tell the difference:

GTA Online is an online game which is focused on making money by trying to ruin the GTA franchise by ruining legendary old cars and lacking any creativity.

GTA V is a video game with great gameplay and a good but flawed (IMO) story.

Edit: Don't mind much about what I say, I didn't read the topic's title

ATP2555
  • ATP2555

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by ATP2555, 5 days ago.

Why else do you think I said they copied and pasted things?

JavierC
  • JavierC

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 5 days ago

Dont speak too soon man, I would wait until the game comes out to see that. R* changed a lot since the release of GTA V. I just hope its not a bloated tutorial for Online, because that would make the current trent R* is taking even stronger (and worse) for GTAVI.

True, but at least the three trailers are kinda dark. That's a good signal.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

Another problem I have with GTA V that I believe I’ve addressed before, but I’ll address again anyway, is that it seems as if it appeals more to dumb blonde, valley girl, or bimbo lovers whereas 3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, TLAD, and TBOGT all seem to appeal more to brunette lovers such as myself. And for the most part that is. Additionally, lovers of the dumb blondes, valley girls, and bimbos have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be offended by what I just said because A. I respect their opinion, and B. I say it all as a blond haired and blue eyed man.

Nobody gives a sh*t what gives you an erection, okay?

• ChiroVette likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 4 days ago.

Why else do you think I said they copied and pasted things?

I understood what you meant, but every great game, GTA included, has to copy and paste things, particularly when you have a huge, expansive map, and a weapon set that is, to a certain extent, grounded in realism. Let's be honest, this isn't Ratchet & Clank or Saints Row, where the games make their living by providing the most insanely creative weapons imaginable. In a GTA context, there is only so much wiggle room Rockstar allows themselves assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, etc. So if you have 5 different machine guns in your SMG slot, they will all be similar in ways. Then again, there are cool weapons like the Rail Gun. But my point is cut and pastes are inevitable and have never been unique to GTA V. Go back to San Andreas and look at things like trees and some of the similar houses in similar neighborhoods. Also, other GTA games have less variety of weapons.

My point is I don't see having cut and pastes as necessarily a bad thing. Huge, awesome game worlds like GTA V cannot have every, single, little element designed uniquely. Time has to be saved by using a certain amount of conservation of design.

Also really wish there was a zombie mode. The map is really set up perfect for this. I know I know, zombie's is cliche at this point, but I really like the genre and it would be a good mode for this game.

I don't want to make a huge, massive quote tree, so I will respond to your points without most of your quotes. I have never been a fan of zombie games at all. But that said, I really like the way Volition added it to Saints Row 2. I would have liked it more in SRTT, but I was not happy that Arapice Island was permanently infested with Zombies after the zombie mission for Mayor Reynolds. I liked the way SR2 handled it better. But that said, it could be fun if ROckstar implemented it right.

We are definitely on the same page on a lot of things. I will say that in terms of actual, gameplay the safehouses in GTA V are useless, BUT then again, remember our conversation about interiors? Aren't they, quite honestly, gameplay useless as well? Are you suggesting that GTA V have even less enterable interiors than it does by eliminating safehouses because of the quick save feature on the phone? Two words I said before about interiors I think also apply to the safehouses: Role Play. Also having each protagonist with their own home that the player can enter and explore really adds to the immersion of the story, even if the game no longer requires saving by sleeping. I think that had Rockstar removed the safe houses from V that even though they have dubious gameplay value, it would have stripped a large part of the feeling that the player is part of the world.

Not to mention that in GTA games, safe houses are more than just being about gameplay. They are a tradition, dating back 17 years to GTA III. Could they have made them more useful in some way, such as with SR like customizing and maybe having more cool stuff happen there? Sure. But I don't think that this was even close to a priority in V. There is a huge amount of content, and at some point, developers have to prioritize what can and can not be developed in the game.

As I already said, GTA absolutely suffers from too little garage space in SP. It isn't a comfort to console players, BUT you can get all the garages in the SP game on the PC with a mod, and then you have space for literally HUNDREDS of vehicles for each protagonist. Why Rockstar never brought this to the vanilla game is absolutely beyond me, and a bit of a disgrace, to be honest.

I agree with you about the clothes. They are definitely absurdly repetitive. With very few notable exceptions, every single suit I bought as Michael looks like every single other suit. Franklin and Trevor get a little bit more variety, but not much. I remember when I had to buy nerd clothes for Lester in "Friend Request" and it was ridiculous how all the cargo shorts and vests he needed looked exactly the same. This is one of the few areas I would actually agree with ATP2555 about cut and pastes. The clothing just has no creativity. To be honest, and to repeat, I don't boot up GTA so I can play Barbie Dress-Up, so this isn't a big deal to me, literally at all. That said, however, I can see how this would be obnoxious to some players.

I think that Rockstar intentionally scaled back on the friend and hangout stuff because, lets be honest, so many GTA fans, me included, complained so much about this. I think Rockstar wanted to keep this aspect of the game and simply made it a lot less intrusive. But I also think that this meant that players like yourself, who like this aspect of GTA waaaaaaay more than I do, were going to be disappointed. It never bothered me that Michael couldn't "sleep with" Amanda in the same way that Franklin could befriend and seduce a stripper or they could pick up prostitutes and get booty calls. Crap like this, in my opinion at least, is highly overrated nonsense in a GTA game, and it wouldn't bother me one little bit if it was completely abandoned. I don't get the allure.

I like the idea of it, but not the ridiculously annoying obtrusiveness of it all and how in-your-face it is. And not just IV with the stupid, obnoxious,, relentless bromance date crap and the "like" stat that I wanted to slit my wrists every time I saw. San Andreas is truly obnoxious with the girlfriends, too. Denise is the ONLY girl who just likes CJ for who he is, but even she gets terribly annoying. For Helena, you have to be fat with little muscle, for Barbara, you have to be husky and muscular, for Katie you have to be skinny. And God f*cking forbid you are trying to max them to 100% and keep them there with "maintenance" dates when you are dating them all at one time and have to change your body type.

Like I said, the picky, fastidious girfriends in SA and the Bromance, clingy, needy, annoying-ass friends in IV are a good idea in theory, but if this is how Rockstar needs to implement them, then me personally, I would rather they just be eliminated completely than have to endure one more, "Cousin, you vant we go bowling?" and then if you are busy, you know, actually playing the f*cking game, you get a little minus-like.

To answer your question about the property missions, YES I do like driving the weed truck of the booze truck for a Paleto bar, or fending off robberies, or doing taxi and tow truck missions. Why? Because, they are innocuous, random, can be turned down with little penalty other than a couple of dollars, unneeded anyway by that point in the game. PLUS, you mentioned rolelay several times already. That is what those missions are for. They add a sense of time and emotional investment in property ownership in the same way that a lot of enterable interiors would add to the roleplay of whatever you want to do inside them,

The businesses are NOT meant to be deep, long, sophisticated missions.

Here is another thought for you to consider about V's businesses: Aren't they an awful lot like MOST OF the main career missions in all the previous GTA missions, even including IV? "Drive person A to location B, take them home" or in this case deliver weed or booze of be a taxi driver (another staple in previous GTA games). Properties in V take a lot of heat in this forum, but I don't get it. They just add a little extra bonus missions. Simple? Absolutely. But they are not meant to be more than that. Do them, don't do them, or completely ignore them. But them just "being in the game" is certainly no worse than "Cousin, you vant we go bowling?" as at least there is no real penalty for blowing them off.

I totally agree with you about the sharks, but I would also say that the attacking animals are just as bad. Look, one of my favorite things about GTA games is the relaxing, hedonistic enjoyment of exploration. When your life is in danger from animals, whether coyotes and cougars on land or sharks in the sea, it really breaks immersion for me. Because I don't want to ALWAYS have to be alert and ready to defend myself. Don't get me wrong. The predator animals in GTA V are easy enough to deal with, but it requires much, much more vigilance than I want to have while trying to kick back and just explore. San Andreas may have been the best game for pure, unadulterated sightseeing for this very reason.

Realistic to have no predators in the forest and desert and mountains? No, but I think realism needs to be subordinated to fun in videogames like GTA.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 4 days ago

Chiro there really was no need for that long post, this is the whine and complain thread, there's no need for you to come in here and write an article about how you disagree with people who don't like certain aspects of the game.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 4 days ago

My complaint is in my member title

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago

I hope they do the same in gta 6 too

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

kcole4001
  • kcole4001

Stunt Chicken

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

...................... yea it's not a car game but still, there are a lot of nice cars it'd be nice to upgrade and keep............................

It's 'not a car game' ?

Really?

I agree with many of your points, but it is indeed a car game at it's core.

Sometimes the core is pretty hard to see, but it's still there ...somewhere....  :colgate: 

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, 4 days ago.

Gta Online is getting more support and is doing better than it ever has according to Scrooge Zelnick.... I guess we now know that when he referenced GTA V and GTA Online being supported he meant the premium rip off edition and more online exclusive updates that break single player....Yippee

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 4 days ago.

Chiro there really was no need for that long post, this is the whine and complain thread, there's no need for you to come in here and write an article about how you disagree with people who don't like certain aspects of the game.

I was agreeing with MANY things he said and disagreeing with some. Which, by the way, you did as well in one or two of the V-Positive threads.

geonamorh
  • geonamorh

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 days ago

When ever i launch gta v and get in a car/motorcycle or spwan one the grame crashes with this error : script hook 5 critical fatal error canot find native 0x36d782f68b309bda

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users